Author Topic: Common Taters  (Read 718 times)

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Common Taters
« on: July 28, 2001, 03:09:36 pm »
I have a theory! And here goes.
A lot of the commentators around at the moment cannot abide Liverpool doing well. Why is that? Why are they up the arses of the scum, Arsenal, and in fact the red spiders from MArs if they are playing Liverpool.
During the 70's and 80's, Liverpool ruled to such an extent that I didn't realise quite how good they were. They dominated everything and won everything. A poor performance at Anfield only saw us winning 2-0. On good days, we crushed Forest 5-0, in a performance seen by many as the best ever footballing display.
So why is it they hate us? Why do Lineker, Brooking and co. despise Anfield. It is becasue the dominance of LFC meant they could never claim all the glory they thought they were entitled to, and still are envious of Liverpool for taking that away.
Lawrenson is so anti-Liverpool now, it makes me sick. This is becasue the BBC had so many complaints about pro-Liverpool bias  ??? that he thought he'd best balance the books.
I remember Brooking saying (after Traore had got booked for a lunging, non-contacting tackle) "Yeah, well, the lad deserved to be booked because, all though he didn't actually catch him, he's been very close all game"!!!! >:(
Tosser!
Anyway, Millsee's rant is over. They fucking do my head in that lot. Sooner we have some unbiased reporting the better. And I mean unbiased, none of this "Treble Winners Liverpool" malarkey.
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Common Taters
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2001, 02:50:02 am »
Like your theory. Finally, they have a chance to get even with the team they couldn't beat.

But, they will all just have to give in soon, won't they? We're back! Back to haunt them again! :)
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
Re: Common Taters
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2001, 03:10:38 am »
It could all be down to the tall-poppy syndrome, where people resent more the lack of thier own success than the team or individuals they are directing it at. Especially Liverpool having such a dominant hold on English football through out the 70s and 80s.

It might of been fine and dandy at first, even in some cases inspiring, but usually turns into resentment and jealousy directed by continued insights in to thier own failures and lack of control over what they see as an unfair grip on something they want a part of, the glory been the pinnacle of what they can't get thier hands on.

This sort of syndrome can be  linked to both apparent football 'journalists' and opposition clubs and their fanbases. Sometimes it's short termed, sometimes an enduring scold on thier memories.