Author Topic: So we lost 3-1...why are you complaining?  (Read 1505 times)

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So we lost 3-1...why are you complaining?
« on: July 29, 2001, 01:11:00 am »
I heavily doubt that I was the only person not hoping, but expecting us to win. I can attribute it to my optomism, my general expectations of Liverpool or, as is more so, the fact that we did so well last season.

Let this "Friendly" Amsterdam Tournament be a warning to us all, and especially the team. We are NOT invincible, we CANNOT always win, and as much as we may fight against it, a toddler will at some point fall on its face. And the toddler that is LFC has done just that.

So, mother picks us up, sets us right and off we go again, to fall once more at a later stage. But remember, a toddler grows and gets better, and so will we. Eventually we won't fall, but will walk with confidence and pride over what we have and will achieve.

Okay, so we lost. Big deal, remember who it was to. It was Ajax, they are not a "nothing" team and however hard we may find to admit it, they were and are better than us. This is just something that we will, for now, have to live with.

Both teams played well, both somewhat hesitant at times but it was a good game. There was a cracking goal from Robbie and a great peace of sportsmanship when Redknapp came on as a sub and Fowler handed over the Captains armband.

Pegguy had a great game producing some good saves, but it was a combination of lethal mistakes and a lack of communication that led to our downfall. The three goals scored by Ajax were no flukes and were well deserved. Its fair to say that for once, the best team won.

But once again I say this, and you will hear it so many times in the coming season, we are NOT invincible and we CANNOT always win. If we fall we have to get up and start again, we made mistakes so lets learn from them and put this behind us.

Remember we are new to modern Champions League teams and their stratergies, although that is no excuse for careless mistakes. We will learn, we will get better and we will remember this as a learning experience. There is no need to drown your sorrows, no need to say that all is lost, that we need new players with fresh blood. We have what we need; the feet we stand on, the brains we need to control our movement. It just needs a little fine tuning and a simple philosphy that no one is perfect, there is always a weakness, and there is always room for improvement.

Think of this match as a bit of a learning experience, then forget about it and go for a drink. Then lets set our sights a little lower and not expect to go all the way in the CL, settle perhaps for the Premiership and the defence of the Worthy and/or the FA.

On the bright side at least we didn't loose 5-1 (again) and there is a match we should have no problem with coming soon, think of the Charity Shield match and how we can stick another up them bloody Manc fucks.

(another s@h "rant n rave" production for the RAWK forums ;D)

PS CONGRATS to the team for an excellent perfomance and heres to a Manc Bashing in the Charity Shield!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

PPS Here is the classic one-line Loki summer-upperer:
"It was a bleeding friendly"

Jeff Sheppard

Re: So we lost 3-1...why are you complaining?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2001, 01:36:21 am »
inspired rant

;D ;D ;D

liked my quote at the end
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Pheeny

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2001, 01:45:57 am »
Great post mate well said,I'm just glad we won on Thursday as I was there ;) ;) ;)

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2001, 01:57:10 am »
Who's complaining???

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2001, 02:28:45 am »
All is lost! Sami was crap! We need to buy Nesta! :'(

Just kidding. I don't have a clue what GH wanted to see from this game. It's only pre-season. We should be testing, trying and learning. We could all see it was not a perfect game. Well that's...good! We'll get stronger from this one. That's the only thing I know for certain. And, that's the only thing I really wanted.

We'll be ready when it starts!

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2001, 02:52:40 am »
What would be interesting would be to see how the levels of mental intensity and focus change from the last pre-season game to the first competitive game. How a player clicks his brain from a level knowing it's game to get match fitness and maybe some form back and fine tune technical skills and team bonding to a game where points, progression or even just a piece of annual silverware is up for grabs. I don't know, would be intriguing if you could witness a players mental transformation from former to latter...

Jeff Sheppard

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2001, 03:04:02 am »
well he did seem to be trying a new formation at the start 4-2-3-1.. im still a fan of the old tried and trusted 4-4-2 meself.... but a si said . who give s a fuck . its only a bleeding friendly . we know how hard the team can work when the pressure is on.

Offline C.B Alonso

• Old skool RAWK Photographer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2001, 04:11:29 am »
I think Ajax had to prove something for their fans, for they lost against AC Milan on thursday...
Lets fucking create an atmosphere instead of complaining about it.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2001, 06:23:39 am »
It's the right thing happened at the right time  ;)

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2001, 06:25:32 am »
aye they were all moaning in the official site forum, thought it was quite funny  ;D ;D, actually it pissed me off so i left

Offline Cardie

• Has severe hair-trigger and adores Aberdare
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2001, 12:56:51 pm »
Just seen it on the official site forum, anyone would think we'd just been relegated. Although to be fair it seems to be the same 4-5 ppl on every thread!!!!  ::)

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2001, 01:56:49 pm »
Thing is, the defeat is probably the best thing. Reading his quote, Le Boss didn't sound too happy at all.

The lads will have had a major style bollocking, which is just the thing to get rid of the complacency cobwebs.

Remember when we lost to Leeds on Good Friday. It was just the shake up we needed to prime us for the run-in, and we know the benefits we got from that!!

All is not lost. I am still more excited about this season than any other - BTW, love the mind games GH!! ;D ;D

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2001, 07:45:19 pm »
Hehe lol, my "inspired" rants as usual seem to go on much longer than originally intended, but hey, no one appears to be complaining! (yet)

And ERP, you aint the only one it was pissing off, I left no too long after you did. Got mighty pissed with all them on there whinging about how we lost and what a Greek Tradgedy it was that we were finally beaten, and by one of the best sides in Europe no less! And then the entire bloody Bootroom turned on me because I said that it was a good thing that we lost as it gave us a wake-up-call on how "invincible" we really are!

Fuck man, I went on there just now to see if I could find someone and this happened:
"Some of the muppets that frequent this place, if we give away a corner its a crisis!"
(me) Are you saying that you are not a mupet?"CMAroon, s@h is descriminating here. Muppets have just as much rights as anyone else"
"s@h is a racist"

Fuck man, that place has gone to the dogs...and we're talking Battersea here... ;)

(a "mini rant n rave" from s@h for RAWK)

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2001, 08:04:13 pm »
A muppist?  ???

That's a new one on me!!! ;D

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2001, 08:24:37 pm »
Muppetist...no bloody idea...but apparently I am one so there you go.  ::)

Offline Millsee

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2001, 09:59:08 pm »
Muppest-ist, or mupp-ist.

I don't know. Just trying to be an Anny Roader!!!!

Offline Gojedo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2001, 02:12:18 am »
The Off site reminds me of some of the local chat rooms down this way. To be fair also I posted a fair amount of inane shit while a frequent user but you get to the point where you wonder why's that? It's amusing at first but pretty soon the novelty wears off. There are some bloody good thread posters there and I've enjoyed the banter that is dominant on those forums. But you soon realize that most of it's recycled or defeatest and the amount of player slagging(that might of changed since I flagged it) is amazing.

Don't wanna sound like a greasy pole but the Red And White Kop makes it look like a day out with my 6yo daughters friends. I should say that it is not everybody or the even the majority over there that contributed to it's bumrush, just a few.

The bottom line is that this site is far more constructive, enjoyable, relaxing and personally beats the Off site in terms of layout/format and the like.

Offline Andy M

• Kopite
  • I used to be Maudster
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2001, 11:41:47 am »
From what I could see all four sides were not playing what you might call quality football and if you saw Ajax play on the thursday you would be forgiven for thinking they were a 1st Division side. We were not playing like lightening ourselves. All that happened was they on Saturday played better where as we stayed at the same level. Plus there is the fact that I have never been comfortable with Pegguy in the pegs. He did seem to struggle to pick up balls especially crosses that even Sander would have taken with no problem. Amsterdam is a football loving town (even the Kitten in one of the coffee shops we frequented was named Ajax)and the home side was going to have to up there performance for the thousands of fans who turned up for them. Apparently the stadium rarely gets that full. I would expect the same from liverpool if the tournament were at anfield. On the whole I think the whole venture was good for the club in forging ties across europe and regaining our reputation as some of europes most passionate fans.

Forgive the lateness of this responce I have been recovering from the excess of the last few days
Libpool,Libpool!