Author Topic: Biscan  (Read 936 times)

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
Biscan
« on: August 1, 2001, 01:05:15 am »
The earlier thread about mouthy left backs led me to say that the same thing happened in today's Mirror regarding Biscan. He said comparing some prem teams to man u is a joke, and that they had to be favourties.

The apparent disconcerting negativity, they said, can be attributed to Houllier.

And so on, dot to dot crappy journalism. Comparing Everton to Man United is a joke - he didn't mean Liverpool. And Houllier's negativity was clearly designed to relieve pressure - do the press seriously believe he tells the players that? Last year the same stories of GH being defeatest ran. And he was defeatest - well, he oversaw lots of defeats of the likes of Arsenal, Alaves, Man U, etc...

Rule One : NEVER say to the press you are going to win anything, as you will be portrayed as big headed.

Rule Two: NEVER say ANYTHING to the press. Easier said than done. Whatever you say will be taken down, altered and used in evidence against you. Arseholes...
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Pheeny

Re: Biscan
« Reply #1 on: August 1, 2001, 01:50:35 am »
Well said Paul living here in Belgium I'm lucky in that I do'nt get to see the British papers ;)Last week my sister came over for the Amsterdam Tournament and she brought me the Mirror(shes a red so no S*n)being football mad I always read the paper back to front so after 2 pages I put it paper down as it was all Scum >:( >:(

Offline C.B Alonso

• Old skool RAWK Photographer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Aallriight!"
« Reply #2 on: August 1, 2001, 03:56:22 am »
Christ, the reporters must be scraping the bottom of the barrel to print stuff like that.

Anyway, its not like we haven't heard it all before.

Lets fucking create an atmosphere instead of complaining about it.

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: August 1, 2001, 12:03:46 pm »
It's the funniest kind of journalism. They say "Biscan says this - shock horror" then follow it up with a quote where he says no such thing.

What it does prove is that footballers should not talk to the press or have their own websites. The websites are either too dull or they say something that can be taken out of context.

Offline Ajk

• Kemlynite
  • I love YaBB 1 Gold!
« Reply #4 on: August 1, 2001, 01:10:13 pm »
The worry is the amount of idiots who are taken in by such journalism (See Football 365 letters as one example)
We have recieved negative publicity twice in the last few days due to headline and not content. People do not realise the number of fixtures we have either side of the Holland game or the context of Biscans'comments. Unfortunately they are too apathetic to look past the big letters.
Maybe our next big signing should be Max Clifford.

Offline DaveJ

• Main Stander
« Reply #5 on: August 1, 2001, 04:24:38 pm »
I have to say you have a point there Ajk. Not Clifford himself but I think we do need someone who knows how to influence the press to print positive things about the club.

Take Peter Ridsdale for example, the man is a genius when it comes to generating positive publicity for Leeds. I ususally hate Chairmen who get their stories into press and their faces on TV (Ellis, Edwards etc.) but I find myself warming to his frank and reasonable style. And the media love him for it. When is the last time you ever read anything negative about Leeds?

I may be wrong but we'd always had a good relationship with the media until Kenny's abrasive style rubbed a few people up the wrong way. We seem to have suffered for that ever since.

Perhaps its time to get a professional spokesperson in. Someone who could redress the balance. Someone with an obvious love of the club, media experience and style.

I vote for Kelly Dalglish.  ;)
:-*

Offline Andy M

• Kopite
  • I used to be Maudster
« Reply #6 on: August 1, 2001, 04:31:14 pm »
I think we had a good feeling with the press until the Hillsborough Disaster where King Kenny himself told em where they could shove it. Ever since then papers like the Sun have realised they don't have to pander to the Scousers like they do the Mancs since we dont buy there shite. I am just sorry to see that the Mirror seems to be going back to there Liverpool hating ways. it seems they onlyliked us when we were mediocre. Mind you maybe they are happy after all they must be bored of making up shit about the mancs.
Libpool,Libpool!

andymeth

« Reply #7 on: August 1, 2001, 04:41:56 pm »
i reckon it should be Kelly Brook or Jo Guest. they might not love the club as we do, but i'll bet they are willing to say "i fink robbie owen is well fit, innit" and earn our respect ;)

i am also available - i am valued at about 4 mil, and only want wages of 25K a week. i am pretty quick over short distances (esp running away from tricky Qs), a good tackler (of questions regarding our strikers leaving ...THEY ARE NOT!!), and am a demon in and around the (press) box! Unfortunately my control sometimes lets me down - i would kick any s*n journos all the way back to london!

i agree with fergie though, it was out of order for Houllier to try any mind games. cos the great man has never done it himself, has he ...now that's irony!

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: August 1, 2001, 06:00:16 pm »
No mention for Kirsty Gallacher? She's a RED, you know? In fact, make her Queen of England...

Does anyone else agree with me that players' websites are just awful? The Observer two weeks agon looked at "personality" sports columns, such as Gary Neville's, and ripped the piss something chronic - they all say nothing, and do so badly. They talk the same cliches as in post match interviews, and it makes for such dull reading. The Austin Healy columns were slated, but he actually said something worth reading.

Offline DaveJ

• Main Stander
« Reply #9 on: August 1, 2001, 09:21:59 pm »
Kirsty is nice admittedly but, as for Kelly, well "I'd walk a million miles for one....."  :)

I agree about the player's sites. I never even look at them any more. Mad Erik's was mildly amusing and Babbel's was interesting earlier in the season but he seemed to lose interest. Or maybe he was too busy winning medals.