Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 168365 times)

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #1200 on: August 13, 2023, 02:20:53 am »
I’m currently paying £116 and they offered me £108 for a new 12 month contract. Told them to cancel, since then emailed me offers 3 times like desperados. Keeping them hanging till the last week, not fussed if I drop them if the deal doesn’t work. I even said on the phone why do they do these silly games, I knew they’d offer me deals when I cancelled. They were adamant they wouldn’t, it’s ridiculous.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: August 13, 2023, 02:29:33 pm »
Anyone here got sky glass ?

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: August 15, 2023, 11:25:38 am »
Anyone here got sky glass ?

Not got it yet, but will be switching to it once my downgraded package comes into effect.  I have to keep Sky as we need the multiroom and the stability of it all for my MIL & FIL who live with us, so the mulitroom is a godesend

I was paying £115 a month, i've cancelled Sports and Movies (and got myself IPTV), so my new monthly will be £75 a month and when i take up the glass offer, i should get that down to about £60 a month - which i'm prepared to pay.

A friend has Glass and like it, only issue he had initially was with his broadband, it wasn't up to spec ( as he lives in a tiny rural village) but once he got that sorted he hasn't had any problems and the service is as good as the satellite offering and the TV is a pretty decent spec by all accounts. 

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1203 on: August 15, 2023, 11:49:59 am »
Do they offer 4K on glass? it wasn't obvious that they do on the Stream service.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: August 15, 2023, 11:54:25 am »
Yeah they do, extra £6 a month

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1205 on: August 15, 2023, 12:28:31 pm »
Interesting. I'm considering the Stream one, will have to do a bit more investigation, though if I find out there's a delay then it can fuck off.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: August 15, 2023, 01:30:34 pm »
I’m almost certain there’s a 90-120 second delay on Glass vs. Sky Q, or at least there was at launch. Not sure if that’s been improved more recently.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: August 15, 2023, 04:24:33 pm »
I’ve a 7 year old 65 inch LG which has gone faulty , a couple, of tv repairs have said they won’t do so I’m looking at sky glass . Called them yesterday and was going to look at ordering one but because I have a discounted package atm that will become void so the package inc glass went from what I expected to be £24 a month (4 years ) plus the £68 I pay now they wanted £115 all in going forward .

They said I can take a new deal and get sky sports free for three months but it put me off , I also wondered when contracts come up Is the fact you have sky glass going to affect your chance of renegotiating a better package .

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1208 on: August 15, 2023, 06:17:25 pm »
Anyone use BT TV?

Our Sky is due to go up to £180, I’ve been on to them a couple of times been offered £150 then £133. Been told I need to phone back within the last 30 days of contract as we have some big offers currently which they may only be able to replicate once we’re within that period. Still not sure they’ll be able to match/beat what we’re on currently (£117)

Looked at BT and looks like we could get pretty much the same package for £90. Just wondered what others experiences are of BT TV?
So their best offer is now £123.50, (£30.50 is broadband), so I’d probably go elsewhere for that) which is marginally more than we pay currently. Just know it’ll go up about £10 in April which is annoying.

She did mention Sky Stream and looking at our package for a new customer it would be about £63 a month. So I am tempted by that.

Think I could live with the delay but how much impact is there on picture quality? When I watch Netflix through an app on tv is that streamed? I’m assuming yes and the picture quality on Sky Stream would be the same?

Also with streaming you’re obviously reliant on your broadband, so if that’s down you can’t watch TV at all?

Has no one got experience of BT TV? Although  I think I’d probably go for Sky Stream over BT as that’s also streamed
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 06:19:45 pm by duvva 💅 »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: August 15, 2023, 08:38:39 pm »
Netflix is streamed yeah, if it's directly on your telly I wouldn't take that as a direct comparison as TVs can have a less than optimal processor/ram and the streaming box is likely better equipped as it's its primary function. An apple tv or firestick is more of a direct comparison.

I don't know if it has space to download things or you're stuck with streaming completely, but i'd imagine if you have flaky broadband then it might not be wise to switch to a streaming service - if you do get it, put it on ethernet!

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1210 on: August 15, 2023, 10:27:01 pm »
We watch the likes of Netflix, Amazon, Disney, ITV X etc through a 4K Roku plug in to the tv and the quality is excellent - so would that be comparable?

Also our hub is close enough to the TV (though not too close for interference) that Roku, soundbar, tv, sky etc all have wired connections. Think our average speeds round here are about 34mbps.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: August 16, 2023, 08:06:47 am »
Yeah that's built for that purpose so it should be a decent comparison, and yay for wires ;D I'd be crying at those speeds but if it's working for what you have now then should be all good.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1212 on: August 18, 2023, 07:05:47 pm »
Finally decided to keep TV with Sky for £89 a month Sky Sig, Sports, TNT, Multiroom, Netflix, HD & UHD)

Moved broadband to Now at £22 a month. Overall £6 less than we’re paying now, plus £90 Quidco for moving to Now (9000 rewards4racing points).

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: August 18, 2023, 08:21:26 pm »
Took the plunge in sky glass and went for the 48m interest free option on a 65” muliti room package which came to £101 a month which £77 is for the sky inc uhd , multi room , sky signature , Netflix premium and sky sports for 18 months that inc ad skipping so anything downloaded that’s not live doesn’t have ads in

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: August 19, 2023, 12:36:46 am »
Finally decided to keep TV with Sky for £89 a month Sky Sig, Sports, TNT, Multiroom, Netflix, HD & UHD)
Although its a horrendous amount for telly viewing that seems like a good deal mate, less than I'm paying.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1215 on: August 19, 2023, 12:48:04 am »
Although its a horrendous amount for telly viewing that seems like a good deal mate, less than I'm paying.

Took a few calls to get there, but I think we get some decent sized discounts as we’ve been with them nearly 20 years - so it does appear to count for something.

Seems mad the rigmarole you have to go through each time to get them applied though.

Still mad money as you say

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: August 19, 2023, 10:29:18 am »
My Virgin deal runs till November. It’s a retention deal from our ‘New build introductory offer’ when we bought the house in 2020. I was surprised they let me keep the same deal last time out so hoping they will again….

Virgin TV 360 on two boxes
Full TV package
Kids Pack
Sky Sports / Sky Movies / TNT Sports
Sky UHD
Gig1 Broadband FTTP
Netflix
Telephone line

Paying £67 per month.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: August 19, 2023, 11:17:25 am »
My Virgin deal runs till November. It’s a retention deal from our ‘New build introductory offer’ when we bought the house in 2020. I was surprised they let me keep the same deal last time out so hoping they will again….

Virgin TV 360 on two boxes
Full TV package
Kids Pack
Sky Sports / Sky Movies / TNT Sports
Sky UHD
Gig1 Broadband FTTP
Netflix
Telephone line

Paying £67 per month.

That’s going to take some beating that , you’ll do well to get a renewal anywhere at that

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1218 on: August 19, 2023, 11:28:12 am »
That's an absolute bargain Graeme, few in the country will be getting anything like that.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: August 19, 2023, 12:39:29 pm »
Yeah we moved in November 2020 and having invested pre-wiring the entire estate during the build phase, they had mega offers to get customers signing up. When the first deal ran out I thought I’d get well hiked but they kept it as was. They’ve got me by the bollocks really because we are the middle of 3 townhouses and the dish would have to be on the back of the house and the powers that be won’t let me have a Sky cable through two rooms to get to the living room at the front, so Sky not an option. Don’t want anything delivered over IP because they’re all 1-2 minutes behind. Fingers crossed for renewal in November.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2023, 12:41:45 pm by Graeme »

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: August 19, 2023, 12:46:53 pm »
That’s an incredible deal, hope you can at least  keep it close. Even if you’ve no intention of leaving just have competitors prices available to help with bargaining if necessary

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1221 on: August 21, 2023, 11:11:25 am »
Cheeky gits tried upping my contract to £189 per month. :lmao I refused and they've kept it at same price as I currently pay for next 18 months.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: August 24, 2023, 11:35:10 am »
Cheeky gits tried upping my contract to £189 per month. :lmao I refused and they've kept it at same price as I currently pay for next 18 months.

Do you get a Sky butler to change channels for you for that price???

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1223 on: August 25, 2023, 01:02:27 am »
£189 a month, I mean WTF! What packages do you have? Assuming  full TV, package, mobile, broadband and Sky Talk
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1224 on: August 25, 2023, 09:13:13 am »
£189 a month, I mean WTF! What packages do you have? Assuming  full TV, package, mobile, broadband and Sky Talk

I have TV, broadband and phone (never used my landline once). Multiroom Sky Q. Don’t have BT/TNT. Was about £92 a month I think when agreed a few months back and that’s already silently crept up to just over £100. Annoying, but seems in a similar range to most I think.

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: August 30, 2023, 10:53:35 am »
Bit of an odd one with Sky, cancelled movies and sports as i've got myself IPTV and to save about £40 a month.  Was in the hotel last night and tried Sky Go on my tablet and found that i've still got all the Sports channels and for some reason all the TNT channels too......which i didn't have previously.

Odd but i'll take it!

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #1226 on: August 30, 2023, 11:11:46 am »
Bit of an odd one with Sky, cancelled movies and sports as i've got myself IPTV and to save about £40 a month.  Was in the hotel last night and tried Sky Go on my tablet and found that i've still got all the Sports channels and for some reason all the TNT channels too......which i didn't have previously.

Odd but i'll take it!

Isn't there a cancellation period, so from when you cancel you'll still have access to the channels for x amount of days?

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: August 30, 2023, 12:08:49 pm »
Isn't there a cancellation period, so from when you cancel you'll still have access to the channels for x amount of days?

that period is now over so at home on my main TV, i only have access to the 'entertainment' channels - no sports or movies.

I didn't have TNT before i cancelled but i do now on SkyGo, it just seems odd - obviously an oversight somewhere, but not one i'm going to shout to them about.......

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: August 30, 2023, 12:26:07 pm »
So you posted it on a public forum, nice ;D

Online stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: August 30, 2023, 01:24:15 pm »
So you posted it on a public forum, nice ;D

to all those who work for Sky Customer Services, i was joking......

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1230 on: September 11, 2023, 03:12:26 pm »
Just cancelled my subscription due to the recent price increases. I knew I was getting a good deal before but after paying £74 for the past 3 years they’ve increased it £135! The retention people managed to get it to £97 but it’s still too much for how much I use it.

Stuck with the Broadband though as I can’t see me going with BT/Virgin and cba getting a new provider which would potentially mean a week or so without it.

Still have Disney+, Amazon, Paramount+ and TNT through various means so not like I’ll miss it much

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: September 11, 2023, 05:19:43 pm »
Do you get a Sky butler to change channels for you for that price???
Paul Merson and Clinton Morrison made tea and washed dishes for me.

Was Sky Sports, TnT, Movies, Multiroom & then Phone and Internet. Crazy they can think someone would pay that much monthly.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1232 on: September 11, 2023, 05:43:56 pm »
Just cancelled my subscription due to the recent price increases. I knew I was getting a good deal before but after paying £74 for the past 3 years they’ve increased it £135! The retention people managed to get it to £97 but it’s still too much for how much I use it.

Stuck with the Broadband though as I can’t see me going with BT/Virgin and cba getting a new provider which would potentially mean a week or so without it.

Still have Disney+, Amazon, Paramount+ and TNT through various means so not like I’ll miss it much

What would you have got for £97

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1233 on: September 11, 2023, 05:47:19 pm »

You shouldn't have many hours if any downtime after moving providers.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1234 on: September 11, 2023, 07:42:12 pm »
What would you have got for £97
Entertainment with Netflix, Sky Sports, UHD and Broadband. I only watch the Sports and that’s only Liverpool and the occasional other game plus NFL.

Crazy amount I think for that

Offline redan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1235 on: September 11, 2023, 07:43:45 pm »
You shouldn't have many hours if any downtime after moving providers.
Yeah I know it should in theory but I just panicked a little because I work from home and feared the worst. Also they offered their Superfast for £25 so didn’t think I’d get better and saves any hassle

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1236 on: September 11, 2023, 08:34:59 pm »
My deal ends in a few months as well, it sounds like they are playing hard to get on offers now but still some decent stuff on offer if you cancel and wait for an offer from the Win Back team

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: September 11, 2023, 10:22:24 pm »
Entertainment with Netflix, Sky Sports, UHD and Broadband. I only watch the Sports and that’s only Liverpool and the occasional other game plus NFL.

Crazy amount I think for that
I was paying about £63 without broadband which I’ve always had with virgin and thats £38 and I had exactly the same package inc cinema

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #1238 on: November 23, 2023, 03:36:52 pm »
I have Broadband and TV with Sky. My current package is...

Broadband
Sky Signature
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
TNT Sports

I spoke with an adviser and he said the cheapest they could offer for all this was £102. Does this seem likely, or will they go lower if I threaten to leave altogether? I'm out of contract and have been with them for 18 years, though I'm not sure if loyalty actually means anything in this instance.

I would happily just use the sports for football. Is there any way of just getting the Sky Sports Football channel?

Sky cost a shitload of money but is also a pretty good service in my experience. I'm kind of put off by the likes of NowTV and other options because Sky are very good when it comes to subtitles (which I need), and I hate the footy being a little bit behind and randomly switching to a lower quality image etc.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2023, 03:42:07 pm by S »

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: November 23, 2023, 04:01:38 pm »
I have Broadband and TV with Sky. My current package is...

Broadband
Sky Signature
Sky Sports - Complete Pack
TNT Sports

I spoke with an adviser and he said the cheapest they could offer for all this was £102. Does this seem likely, or will they go lower if I threaten to leave altogether? I'm out of contract and have been with them for 18 years, though I'm not sure if loyalty actually means anything in this instance.

I would happily just use the sports for football. Is there any way of just getting the Sky Sports Football channel?

Sky cost a shitload of money but is also a pretty good service in my experience. I'm kind of put off by the likes of NowTV and other options because Sky are very good when it comes to subtitles (which I need), and I hate the footy being a little bit behind and randomly switching to a lower quality image etc.

I just built a package on the SKy site
Sky Entertainment and Netflix (no idea if this is different from Signature)
Sky Sports
TNT
Full Fibre £100

Cost is £83 a month for 18 months with a tenner set up fee for the Fibre.

They can definitely go lower than £102.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT