Author Topic: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)  (Read 343963 times)

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jill's gorra boss Worcester Combi! (aka the weather thread)
« Reply #6920 on: January 29, 2024, 07:37:25 am »
It's been hammering down since 3 o'clock this morning.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6921 on: January 29, 2024, 08:50:01 am »
It's so dark out there, horrible dreary morning
Jurgen YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6922 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:43 am »
We've had so much rain here since November but I've not seen so much standing water on the drive as we have this morning. 

I'm used to it being wet over the winter months and thankfully it drains away quickly once it stops but I can normally dodge the puddles when I take the dogs out, not today though 💦

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6923 on: January 29, 2024, 08:55:52 am »
Utterly barmy how somewhere in  Scotland Highlands got 19.6 degrees the other day, other areas nearby averaged 16 degrees. :o

Broke the recorded warmest day in January in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-68119951

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6924 on: January 29, 2024, 09:01:44 am »
Anyone know if there's still snow in the Cairngorms?  Most of my family are up there from Thursday for a skiing weekend for my nephew's 40th.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6925 on: January 29, 2024, 09:20:12 am »
Anyone know if there's still snow in the Cairngorms?  Most of my family are up there from Thursday for a skiing weekend for my nephew's 40th.

https://www.cairngormmountain.co.uk/live-webcams/

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #6927 on: January 29, 2024, 11:23:02 am »
Utterly barmy how somewhere in  Scotland Highlands got 19.6 degrees the other day, other areas nearby averaged 16 degrees. :o

Broke the recorded warmest day in January in the UK.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-highlands-islands-68119951

The foehn effect.

I don't fully grasp the physics, but essentially mild, moist air is driven upwards over a mountain range. As it does so, it cools and the water vapour within the air condenses into clouds. That action releases latent energy in the form of heat, which heats the dry air. That dry air is then driven down the other side of the mountain range and, because the air is so dry, it retains most of the additional latent heat it's absorbed.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6928 on: January 29, 2024, 11:59:00 am »
Foggy and drizzling in Liverpool today.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6929 on: January 29, 2024, 12:02:34 pm »

The Winterhighland website is always good for snow / weather reports from the Scottish ski slopes.

https://www.winterhighland.info/snowreports/index.php?resort=cg
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6930 on: January 31, 2024, 02:57:03 pm »
You wouldn't know it down here, but most of Scotland is getting a kicking by Storm Ingunn

The Central Belt is getting winds up to 60mph, whilst the NW is being absolutely battered.

The cliffs here are over 100ft tall:

https://www.shetlandwebcams.com/eshaness-lighthouse/
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6931 on: January 31, 2024, 03:09:43 pm »
Bloody miserable again here today.  60 odd mph winds, grey, drizzly and flipping cold even inside 🥶💦💨

It's not often the winter weather gets me down this much but I've even been looking at 3 or 4 night holidays abroad for the end of Feb just to have a bit of warmth and bright skies 😟
« Last Edit: January 31, 2024, 03:12:25 pm by reddebs »

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6932 on: January 31, 2024, 04:18:56 pm »
Bloody miserable again here today.  60 odd mph winds, grey, drizzly and flipping cold even inside 🥶💦💨

It's not often the winter weather gets me down this much but I've even been looking at 3 or 4 night holidays abroad for the end of Feb just to have a bit of warmth and bright skies 😟

It's been relentlessly dull, wet and mostly mild for seemingly months.

We had a fairly regulation cool snap the other week and you'd think Siberia had come to town the way some reacted.

Personally, I'd like a bit of what Anchorage has just had, but I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea  ;D

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6933 on: January 31, 2024, 04:19:47 pm »
Not relishing my trip to the Isle of Man next week, but I guess it will make a change feeling wet and miserable someplace else.  ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6934 on: January 31, 2024, 04:48:12 pm »

It's been relentlessly dull, wet and mostly mild for seemingly months.

We had a fairly regulation cool snap the other week and you'd think Siberia had come to town the way some reacted.

Personally, I'd like a bit of what Anchorage has just had, but I know it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea  ;D

It's not been mild here mate it's been downright bloody cold. 

The thermostat for the heating has been round 13° every morning for weeks when it's never normally been lower than 16° but annoyingly it's been too damn windy to have the fire lit to make it feel cosy.

It's fucking me off having to have the heating on all the time and still need loads of jumpers, dressing gown and on occasions a duvet trying to get warm 😡

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6935 on: January 31, 2024, 05:55:56 pm »
It's been either freezing or mild, but really wet and windy. I have to have the heating on because it's either too cold without, or too wet and nothing will dry.

It likely wouldn't feel as bad if it was only winter, but it hasn't been nice since about June.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6936 on: January 31, 2024, 06:14:04 pm »
It's been either freezing or mild, but really wet and windy. I have to have the heating on because it's either too cold without, or too wet and nothing will dry.

It likely wouldn't feel as bad if it was only winter, but it hasn't been nice since about June.

Thankfully we get beautiful autumns here but I've felt housebound now for months.  I haven't even been bothered about taking the dogs for proper walks it's been that wet and windy.

This time last year we were mowing the grass in beautiful sunny weather, now I daren't even walk across it in case I sink it's that wet.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6937 on: January 31, 2024, 06:27:27 pm »
You wouldn't know it down here, but most of Scotland is getting a kicking by Storm Ingunn

The Central Belt is getting winds up to 60mph, whilst the NW is being absolutely battered.

The cliffs here are over 100ft tall:

https://www.shetlandwebcams.com/eshaness-lighthouse/

It's a bit blowy! Feels like they're never going to keep up with the storms in terms of clearing fallen trees. They're still clearing up fro Storm Arwer a few years ago, and a bunch more trees came down a few weeks ago.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6938 on: February 1, 2024, 11:29:50 am »
It's a bit blowy! Feels like they're never going to keep up with the storms in terms of clearing fallen trees. They're still clearing up fro Storm Arwer a few years ago, and a bunch more trees came down a few weeks ago.

We were in the South Lakes a couple of months after Arwen, and I was gobsmacked at the devastation. Never seen so many trees down.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6939 on: February 1, 2024, 11:53:53 am »
A beeyootiful day down here in the butthole of Wales.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6940 on: February 1, 2024, 12:28:44 pm »
Signs of a cool-down mid-Feb. Too early to say whether it'd cold or just cool, or how long.

I love snow any time in that Nov-Apr period, but the later in winter/into spring, the less enthusiasm I have for it. Not least because it tends to stay on the ground for a lot shorter timeframe.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6941 on: February 1, 2024, 01:52:14 pm »
Signs of a cool-down mid-Feb. Too early to say whether it'd cold or just cool, or how long.

I love snow any time in that Nov-Apr period, but the later in winter/into spring, the less enthusiasm I have for it. Not least because it tends to stay on the ground for a lot shorter timeframe.

Oh great. I was just getting my hopes up that'll be spring soon.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6942 on: February 1, 2024, 03:28:20 pm »

Lerwick max gust 75mph

Faroes had 124mph and Norway 139mph   :o

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6943 on: February 1, 2024, 03:30:18 pm »

Fuck off with that cold shite.  No need for any of it unless you live up a mountain or in the arctic!

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6944 on: February 2, 2024, 05:07:00 pm »
Temps set to plunge next week, looks like there's even a small chance of snow. Fortunately it doesn't look like it'll stick around.

Popcorn's Art

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6945 on: February 2, 2024, 05:19:07 pm »

Lerwick max gust 75mph

Faroes had 124mph and Norway 139mph   :o

Well it's glorious up here today!

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6946 on: February 2, 2024, 06:46:40 pm »
Thick mist and drizzle all day here.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6947 on: February 3, 2024, 04:08:34 pm »
Holy crap the sun is breaking thru in Boston,it's been gray and cloudy for at least the last week still chilly but so nice to see the sun.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6948 on: February 5, 2024, 09:07:02 am »
This continued miserable bastard weather.  Just fuck the fuck off!!!

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6949 on: February 5, 2024, 09:47:44 am »

It's getting me down now.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6950 on: February 5, 2024, 10:12:45 am »
Snow forecast for the second half of the week. Let's hope the flowers that have been popping up can handle it.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6951 on: February 5, 2024, 01:07:45 pm »

On Saturday, most of the murk was south of a line from the Ribble to Humber. We nipped up to the Lakes for the afternoon and it was beautiful.

Still a load of uncertainty about the prospect of snow for some later this week. How snowy the precipitation will be (it's marginal, so it may only snow over places with some altitude and away from coasts) and the northerly extent of the rain/snow is very much not nailed down (could be the anywhere between Scottish border and the Midlands).

I'm not particularly excited.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6952 on: February 5, 2024, 01:12:47 pm »

On Saturday, most of the murk was south of a line from the Ribble to Humber. We nipped up to the Lakes for the afternoon and it was beautiful.

Still a load of uncertainty about the prospect of snow for some later this week. How snowy the precipitation will be (it's marginal, so it may only snow over places with some altitude and away from coasts) and the northerly extent of the rain/snow is very much not nailed down (could be the anywhere between Scottish border and the Midlands).

I'm not particularly excited.

Course it's gonna snow this week ffs.

I'm supposed to be picking the granddaughters up on Saturday for the half term hols so once again I'm checking North Wales, Manchester, the Pennines, Snake Pass and Sheffield weather.

Though it's looking like it'll be bright and sunny all half term if they make it 🤷

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6953 on: February 5, 2024, 01:19:39 pm »
Could do without snow this weekend, supposed to be working, but cannot afford to get stuck out somewhere, as we fly out to Tenerife Monday and got loads to do on Sunday
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6954 on: February 5, 2024, 01:33:40 pm »
Any snow would fall on Thursday.

Like I said, I'm not getting excited and think at best we'll get a slushy inch or so, but just as likely that nothing sticks.

Reckon the chances for snow across Merseyside/Cheshire/Gtr Manchester/South Lancs (away from the Pennine areas) would be:

Mostly dry - 10%

All rain/sleet - 10%

Rain followed by snow (maybe back to rain) with nothing/almost nothing left on the ground - 45%

A period of snow (maybe preceded by rain) leaving a slushy covering - 25%

A longer/heavier period of snow giving a decent (>5cm) covering - 10%

Friday, Saturday, Sunday will feel chilly and possibility of overnight frosts, but getting to 4-6c during the day, so any snow on the roads at least won't stick around.

Saying that, the Snake & Woodhead Passes have their own climate, so again I'd go M62, Debs.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6955 on: February 5, 2024, 01:52:23 pm »
Course it's gonna snow this week ffs.

I'm supposed to be picking the granddaughters up on Saturday for the half term hols so once again I'm checking North Wales, Manchester, the Pennines, Snake Pass and Sheffield weather.

Though it's looking like it'll be bright and sunny all half term if they make it 🤷
ITV news just had a yellow warning for snow this Thursday. Anglesey was mentioned. 😱

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6956 on: February 5, 2024, 01:55:08 pm »
ITV news just had a yellow warning for snow this Thursday. Anglesey was mentioned. 😱

It's only supposed to be for a couple of days though. I am glad to be working from home on Thursday.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6957 on: February 5, 2024, 02:10:20 pm »
Flowers are coming up around three to six weeks earlier than usual. Daffodils are hardy buggers, but some of the others wont handle an extended cold snap well. Snow and ice had murder with them last March, and they were up at the right time in 2023 - it was the weather being wonky.

Popcorn's Art

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6958 on: February 5, 2024, 03:41:23 pm »

Yep we've been checking all the forecasts for this week and next but it looks like the granddaughters aren't coming now after all. 

It's disappointing but also a bit of a relief with the weather being so unpredictable especially when we couldn't get the car home for 3 days last time we had snow 😳

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6959 on: February 5, 2024, 05:39:51 pm »

Did they issue a warning about yellow snow?

Should do, most probably...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...