Author Topic: Favourite radio station?  (Read 9730 times)

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
Re: Favourite radio station?
« Reply #80 on: February 1, 2015, 02:31:27 pm »
Juice FM or radio city

When juice started out as Crash FM it was really really good...e.g playing Rez by the Underworld in the breakfast show...Bernie Conner in the Afternoon playing the 15 minute version of Sabres of Paradise " Smokebelch"....not anymore!

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: February 1, 2015, 02:33:04 pm »
Off
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #82 on: February 1, 2015, 02:57:08 pm »
Listen to 6 Music almost every weeknight...Marc Riley 7-9pm and then Gideon Coe (best music broadcaster in Britain) 9-midnight...

Can't beat Sunday's...Cerys Mathews .....Jarvis Cocker - unmissable for me, cant wait till he returns.....Iggy - superb ...ditto John Cooper Clarke when he deputizes........all good, with the exception of the self aggrandising, Guy (me and my band Elbow) Garvey who I cant fuckin stand...

Radio Merseyside for the footy discussions and live commentaries - gotta love Jimmy Case

...elsewhere, anything and everything that features Danny Baker........one of the few genius's working in the medium
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 1, 2015, 02:58:47 pm »
Listen to 6 Music almost every weeknight...Marc Riley 7-9pm and then Gideon Coe (best music broadcaster in Britain) 9-midnight...

Can't beat Sunday's...Cerys Mathews .....Jarvis Cocker - unmissable for me, cant wait till he returns.....Iggy - superb ...ditto John Cooper Clarke when he deputizes........all good, with the exception of the self aggrandising, Guy (me and my band Elbow) Garvey who I cant fuckin stand...

Hi, I'm Guy Garvey from Elbow...
ha, I'm exactly the same as you, like nearly all of it apart from him.

I do dislike Nemone when she covers for people, I don't like Liz Kershaw either. Have a love/hate relationship with Mary Anne Hobbs who sometimes plays cracking stuff and other times gets binned right off.

Craig Charles funk and soul show is a must for me. Three hours of dancing round like a dickhead in the privacy of my own home.

Used to listen to Absolute 60s a bit as well for a change but it's RIP now.

In the car with no DAB, CDs or Smooth for a tune or two until they play something really shit and then it gets binned off.

Also, what happened to Radio 2. When I was 18 and I wanted to listen to some retro stuff you'd hear The Kinks and stuff on there...now it all sounds like fucking chart shite at a slower tempo, utter garbage apart from the odd show.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 1, 2015, 03:12:12 pm »

Radio Merseyside for the footy discussions and live commentaries - gotta love Jimmy Case

...elsewhere, anything and everything that features Danny Baker........one of the few genius's working in the medium

I do dislike Nemone when she covers for people, I don't like Liz Kershaw either. Have a love/hate relationship with Mary Anne Hobbs who sometimes plays cracking stuff and other times gets binned right off.

Craig Charles funk and soul show is a must for me. Three hours of dancing round like a dickhead in the privacy of my own home.

In the car with no DAB, CDs or Smooth for a tune or two until they play something really shit and then it gets binned off.

Also, what happened to Radio 2. When I was 18 and I wanted to listen to some retro stuff you'd hear The Kinks and stuff on there...now it all sounds like fucking chart shite at a slower tempo, utter garbage apart from the odd show.

agree to most of this...Guy Garvey is a real 'Luvvey" name dropping ...everyone is wonderful who he meets...and using his missus for that slot of " cos you have to know bit!" is a rip off of what the Pig used to do for Peel...talking of which his lads doing a cracking job..and listening to Gideon Coe gives that late night class warmth Peel used to ....though Basically Radio 6 tries to do what Peel done in breaking new music yet just doesnt quite achieve it.

Stuart Maconies Freak Zone is a gem...and if the Reds have won...and cooking dinner Craig Charles is a must!! dancing in the kitchen indeed

One controversial thing is...I don't like Female presenters...dunno why, they  just seem to tell you too much...though I exclude Cerys from that cos here show is educational

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #85 on: February 1, 2015, 03:13:46 pm »
Talksport.

I put up with it but I actually like Colin Murray and Quinny when he's on. Turn off when that sport's bar bloke and cundy are on ... oh and Jonny Vaughn - too self-congratulatory by far.
Been listening since it was talk radio (in the 90s?) so it's a habit by now.

Like the shouts for Lancashire and 6 Music though... I used to love Peel when he was around.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #86 on: February 1, 2015, 03:17:36 pm »

absolute c*nt isnt he  ;D

ditto on Radio 2....used to be a boss, eclectic station...problem is, post-Russell Brand/Ross they had a complete clean out - ie, binned anything that could be considered remotely interesting or even minutely 'edgy' and what you're left with now is James Blunt FM...shite bland radio-hell to accompany middle class housewives on the 4x4 schoolrun..........there's one exception though - sounds of the 60's with Brian Mathew Saturday Mornings ...which you can guarantee will unearth unheard gems every single week .....ie, check out yesterday's playlist

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b050xrgn
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 1, 2015, 04:00:40 pm »
sounds of the 60's with Brian Mathew Saturday Mornings ...which you can guarantee will unearth unheard gems every single week .....ie, check out yesterday's playlist

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b050xrgn

Nice one, I'll check that out. Some good stuff on that playlist. Just reading the story of how he met the Everly Brothers now.

“That was an astonishing session. I very seldom produced the sessions, but in that instance I'd been asked to do it. It would normally have been Bernie, and he idolised the Everly Brothers – so I can't remember why, but it was me. I was supposed to record a session with them at the Playhouse Theatre in Shaftesbury Avenue, where we did a lot of our material. They were going to come direct from the airport, having just literally flown in. All they'd asked for was that I book a bass player. And there was a flight delay.” In the early sixties the BBC had strict regulations on recording sessions. “You had a set period of time in which to record the numbers, and you didn't go beyond that – if the time dwindled to next to nothing, you just had to make the best of it.”

“I was getting more and more anxious – no Everly Brothers... only one bass player, thank God it wasn't an orchestra sitting there waiting! They turned up eventually with about twenty minutes of the two hour studio time left. I said to Don and Phil 'What are you going to do?' and they got straight up on the mike. In eighteen minutes they recorded six numbers, all perfect, and indeed all used on air. I've never come across anybody else who achieved that speed and efficiency. They saved the day.”

Like to see some of todays lot manage that. Not the being late ;D the six perfect songs in 18 minutes
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 1, 2015, 04:25:27 pm »
Planet Rock, listen using tune in radio.

On a Saturday if I'm working and I can't listen to Planet Rock (no dab in the trucks) I'll listen to Dermot O'Leary on radio 2. Even though he presents the X Factor, he's got a decent taste in music, got into Rival Sons after hearing them on his show.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #89 on: February 1, 2015, 04:26:29 pm »
KLFM
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 1, 2015, 05:20:59 pm »
XFM.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 1, 2015, 05:40:48 pm »
Radio 4, LBC in the morning drive home and James O'Brien.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #92 on: February 1, 2015, 05:54:47 pm »
6 music and I'm also rather partial to a bit of Absolute 80's.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #93 on: February 1, 2015, 06:08:27 pm »
Last  6 tunes on my pod....ain't no station playing these in this order....even if they played some of them at all.

Betty Davis - They Say I'm Different.
John Coltrane-Love Supreme-full lp.
China Crisis-King In A Catholic Style.
David Ruffin-I Want You Back.
Ike & Tina Turner - River Deep Mountain High including the intro.
 Muadin Hafiz Mustafa Özcan-Azan.Muslim call to prayer.

Muscle Shoals radio is a decent listen.
http://www.live365.com/stations/muscleshoalsradio
« Last Edit: February 1, 2015, 06:11:31 pm by dave 5516 »
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline planet-terror

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 1, 2015, 06:08:52 pm »
6 Music....lost without it
ditto,,love it
bollocks

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #95 on: February 1, 2015, 06:10:16 pm »
Radio1,6music,Talksport and radio5
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #96 on: February 1, 2015, 06:13:14 pm »
6 Music all the way, Steve Lamacq during the week and sometimes Marc Riley. Huey Morgan and Craig Charles during the weekend.

I listen to a few other stations as well and like to hop around american college radio with the excellent Tunein app. 

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #97 on: February 1, 2015, 06:31:08 pm »
Radio 4 to find out what`s going on in the world and Absolute 90`s for music.

Also like some of the dramas on Radio 4. The archers bores the shite out of me but there`s a decent 60`s gangster one on at the moment, narrated by Ross Kemp. I tend to drive a lot with my job so it`s like watching a decent film whilst driving!

Also enjoyed the recent one about the first world war.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 1, 2015, 06:40:23 pm »
Theres this tower in the heart of London,with a radio station right at the top,they dont make the city beat,they're making all the action stop,long time ago there were pirates,beaming in waves from the sea,but now all the stations are silent,cos they ain't got government license.

Wanna tell your problems? Phone in from your bedsit room?Having trouble with your partner,let us all in the news

If you wanna hear a record,get the word from Aiden Day,he picks all the hits to play...........To keep you in your place all day

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: February 1, 2015, 06:40:56 pm »
If I'm in the car I flit between City, Magic, Juice and CityTalk.  I'll listen to Wirral Radio too, my old haunt when I was a DJ on it.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #100 on: February 1, 2015, 06:55:34 pm »
Planet Rock, listen using tune in radio.

On a Saturday if I'm working and I can't listen to Planet Rock (no dab in the trucks) I'll listen to Dermot O'Leary on radio 2. Even though he presents the X Factor, he's got a decent taste in music, got into Rival Sons after hearing them on his show.

Planet Rock can be good, but I hate some of the hosts that do it. Not sure on their names, like.

Never in the car for when Alice Cooper's on tho
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline The Playmaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: February 1, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »
BBC 6 Music. In the car, I don't mind Radio1 during the evenings. I think they play some decent stuff during the evenings. During the day it is a bit mixed but can't complain.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #102 on: February 1, 2015, 06:59:27 pm »
Theres this tower in the heart of London,with a radio station right at the top,they dont make the city beat,they're making all the action stop,long time ago there were pirates,beaming in waves from the sea,but now all the stations are silent,cos they ain't got government license.

Wanna tell your problems? Phone in from your bedsit room?Having trouble with your partner,let us all in the news

If you wanna hear a record,get the word from Aiden Day,he picks all the hits to play...........To keep you in your place all day
;D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #103 on: February 1, 2015, 07:03:03 pm »
Planet Rock can be good, but I hate some of the hosts that do it. Not sure on their names, like.

Never in the car for when Alice Cooper's on tho
I listened to Wyatt the day and he read out a tweet sbout a cover version by Motorhead.."so an so just tweeted...I've just come all over me dinner"

I was in stitches...especially when he realised what he'd just read out. :)

Offline AA1122

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You will look down and the tea will be gone.
« Reply #104 on: February 1, 2015, 07:12:08 pm »
Not a big radio listener, but love programmes like 'In Our Time' on Radio 4.

If I were to pick a station for music it would usually be XFM, but sounds like I will have to check out 6 music.
All around you walls are tumbling down. Stop staring at the ground.

Offline Sir Afghan

• "I, Stan!" Has the softest beard.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 1, 2015, 07:28:59 pm »
Radio two on the way to work, city talk on the way home and 6 music any other time.

Offline Mr Boat

• y McBoatface
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 1, 2015, 07:39:55 pm »
Radio 4 in the car on the way to work. Occasionally 5 Live but this is becoming increasingly more difficult to stomach; especially the football pundits. 6 Music is on at home all the time. Love Sunday with Cerys but really can't stand Jarvis. John Cooper Clarke's a legend with great playlists.
How strange it is to be anything at all - NMH.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 1, 2015, 08:15:40 pm »
;D

I knew you'd get it.....don't touch that dial!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #108 on: February 1, 2015, 09:42:50 pm »
I knew you'd get it.....don't touch that dial!
Coz am arl...anyone else miss Johnny Jason...and don't no one deny listening to him...that Peacful Hour was a must listen show... ;D

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #109 on: February 2, 2015, 01:57:51 am »
Melbourne's finest Triple R:

http://www.rrr.org.au/
We are Liverpool!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #110 on: February 2, 2015, 02:05:06 am »
Enjoy Radcliffe & Maconie on 6 in the afternoon followed by Steve Lamacq. Surprised by the Guy Garvey comments as I'm a big Elbow fan but to be fair I rarely ever catch his radio show.

Use TS & 5 Live for live footy commentary and goal updates etc if I'm driving but can't really stomach much of the phone in bollocks or the many mancs and chelsea loving twats presenting.
« Last Edit: February 2, 2015, 02:07:26 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #111 on: February 2, 2015, 05:30:56 am »
I'm a big Elbow fan

Thanks mate, I dig you too.
We are Liverpool!

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 2, 2015, 11:45:19 am »
75% listen to Radio 4, 20% listen to TalkSport, 5% on mute when its a cringey interviews or phone in blerts.

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 2, 2015, 01:03:18 pm »

I can't stand her.

"Lets explore gorgeous musical landscapes and swim through the melting textures in our minds as I curate three interminable hours of tunes I dry humped strangers to twenty years ago"

Piss off.

Apart from that I love 6 Music. I've gone whole days listening to nothing else. I listen to 4 and 5 regularly, mainly for Any Questions/Answers, JaM and Wittertainment. 4 Extra is brilliant as well for comedies that might otherwise fly under the radar or be forgotten. I really like 5Live's football coverage, I never had access to Sky growing up so have always had a big soft spot for radio commentary, or any commentary for that matter where football socks are still regularly referred to as 'stockings'. Their cricket coverage is a joy too.

Offline matlfc

• Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: February 2, 2015, 01:46:49 pm »
Real XS or XFM
They mostly come out at night, mostly.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #115 on: February 2, 2015, 02:05:45 pm »
In the car to/from work = Radio 2
Match days = Radio City

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 2, 2015, 02:14:43 pm »
Magic and Smooth on DAB for me all the way.

5live when driving away from the game.

Kerrang and planet rock too.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #117 on: February 3, 2015, 10:32:26 pm »
I can't stand her.

"Lets explore gorgeous musical landscapes and swim through the melting textures in our minds as I curate three interminable hours of tunes I dry humped strangers to twenty years ago"

Piss off.

;D ...sadly accurate , although her heart's in the right place...she goes OTT on the dippy-hippy-chick-schtick..

Lauren Laverne is another one who does my swede in....and its mainly for one reason - the bollock crunchingly annoying habit she has of talking over the end OF EVERY FUCKIN RECORD......just cant help herself ...final straw for me was about 3 years ago was when she played Complete Control  - which as every sane person knows has the best finale of any song ever recorded - and true to form she stomped all over its glorious final chords with some unrelated smartass, smirking smug witticism...that was it for me...never listened to hear again....that'll learn her

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #118 on: February 3, 2015, 10:38:05 pm »
NPR on the daily commute.

5Live when wanting to listen to 606 et al.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: February 3, 2015, 10:41:56 pm »
I can't stand her.

Piss off.

;D ...sadly accurate , although her heart's in the right place...she goes OTT on the dippy-hippy-chick-schtick..

Gentlemen,....no! Brothers!...Im so with you on this ..she finds it totally impossible to make a sentence without using two or three adjectives...it cant be 'a good tune'...its a' stunning aural cacophony of beautiful images and beats'....basically she talks shite and gets away with it as Radio 6 do seem to have a policy of employing as many female DJ's as possible....I'm of the more is less school of Radio presenters....unless its someone like Maconie or  Coe who is sincere and easy on the ear.

..Lauren Laverne is another one who does my swede in....and its mainly for one reason - the bollock crunchingly annoying habit she has of talking over the end OF EVERY FUCKIN RECORD......just cant help herself ...final straw for me was about 3 years ago was when she played Complete Control  - which as every sane person knows has the best finale of any song ever recorded - and true to form she stomped all over its glorious final chords with some unrelated smartass, smirking smug witticism...that was it for me...never listened to hear again....that'll learn her

Correct..but also has best beginning and middle bit....cant believe she done that.....Im shocked...I need to go and listen to it just to address the balance.

Don't touch that dial!
« Last Edit: February 3, 2015, 10:45:09 pm by FlashingBlade »