Author Topic: have you seen this SHIT!  (Read 1494 times)

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
have you seen this SHIT!
« on: September 9, 2001, 09:09:23 pm »
From 365  :upyours:

'Houllier Is A Disgrace As Premiership Standards Decline'

Middlesbrough must be the luckiest team in the Premiership. Despite plumbing new levels of incompetence in their humiliating 4-1 home defeat to neighbours Newcastle, theirs was not the most disgraceful performance of the weekend. Not while Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier was prepared to stand in front of the cameras and spin a line of such staggering stupidity that you have to ask yourself whether it will be worth taking anything the Frenchman has to say seriously ever again.

The man who's made a point of cultivating an air of affable intelligence made himself look a right tool on Saturday night with his idiotic insistence that he saw very little wrong with Steven Gerrard's horrible, horrible lunge at George Boateng's right leg. Disingenuous doesn't cover the half of it. Still smarting after a 3-1 home defeat against Aston Villa that looked suspiciously easy against so-called championship contenders, Houllier gave what will surely be one of the least gracious interviews we'll see all season, even going so far as to hint that Boateng had been play-acting all afternoon and that his reaction to this incident was no exception. Bollocks! So what if Gerrard is Prince Regent to David Beckham's King in the wake of the last week? That knee-high, studs-up, full-on assault, calculated or otherwise, was a shocker, totally indefensible. And Houllier will have lost the respect of many of his peers - and, if they've got any sense, plenty of his own supporters - after this.

It was easy to see Houllier as some tweed-jacketed, patches on the arms, lovable old uncle when he first got to Anfield. But as Roy Evans and now Sander Westerveld have found to their cost, he's hard as nails and tough as teak. What we also know now is that he's right up there with Fergie when it comes to contracting a nasty case of myopia. You really ought to get that seen to, mate...
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Kez

• hallowed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: have you seen this SHIT!
« Reply #1 on: September 9, 2001, 09:16:28 pm »
Fuckin ell...ok, there is little we can do to defend Stevie's tackle, even if he DID make contact with the ball...but Houllier hasnt lost my confidence at all.

I can see what he means about whatsit getting up and running again...but to say that he was playacting did take it a mite too far. But then again Le Boss is just doing what he thinks is right for the team, and I trust him to get it right.

Online Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
« Reply #2 on: September 9, 2001, 09:29:16 pm »
All the more reason to pick your football websites more carefully Curly....If you go to Football 365 with it's obvious tablod/sensationalist agenda then your going to come across crap like this.Stick to the broadsheet sports websites...You'll get alot more balanced reporting mate(if not perfect) and alot less of "Celeb Becks" bollicks and YTS c*nts masquerading as journo's! :but:

Offline Curly Tom

• Has no life.
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Anfield Shrine
« Reply #3 on: September 9, 2001, 10:07:44 pm »
well I only came across is because the forum on my site has a list of 'pool headlines from various sites you see.
but you're right it is crap, I never go, just saw it and though.. 'what the f..'

"I lived my dream today, I lived it yesterday, and I'll be living yours tomorrow, anything else to say?"

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #4 on: September 9, 2001, 10:12:49 pm »
We like the sunday times here..... Wonder why....

hoonin

« Reply #5 on: September 9, 2001, 11:11:43 pm »
Erp, even the Times had a little stab at Ged for his comment on the tackle, its just they manage to do it in a way thats is not quite as sensational as these S*n wannabe websites that have shit-for-brain scumbags as editors/writers.

I have to admit i was a little suprised at his insistence that Stevies tacle was legit. It was high and it was dangerous, but at the end of the day i dont give a fuck what the media write. One of Houlliers traits, along with other managers such as Wenger is the ability to deflect critism and attention of his players onto himself, even if it looks as if he's taking a one-eyed view of things. I'd suggest what has been spoken in public is a long way off what was said in private.

Offline Ben S

• Remember we were partners in crime. Pigeon Fancier. GTL Bus Freak. Also known as Bambi, apparently - or Miss Kitty on Wednesdays....
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #6 on: September 9, 2001, 11:17:06 pm »
reminds me of the classic

oh he was just eating the grass

Or something similar.....

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: September 9, 2001, 11:44:07 pm »
I dont think Le Boss could have seen THAT particular camera angle before he defended Stevie G in the way that he did. He is not that stupid. Am I correct his interview was very soon after the final whistle? I think he is an honest guy and obviously believed his defensive comments were fair at the time.

Gerrard was wound up after that mix up with Carragher near our box just a few seconds earlier and he will have to work on that part of his game.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2001, 12:07:51 am »
Whats 365 ?

Offline John Barnes, Anchorman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2001, 12:12:47 am »
Ron it's Football365.com (or co.uk - not sure).  It's shit.  Doesn't Danny Kelly write for it?  Someone who's ambition in life is to copy DANNY BAKER!!!!  Imagine that.

Offline valley_kop_01

• Main Stander
  • Why do i look like this every saturday morning?
    • The best Liverpool site
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2001, 12:15:25 am »
it's a shit football website at http://www.football365.co.uk

i used to be registered on the site but due to articles such as this i gave up with it.
The more i learn i find the less i know?

Offline Ben S

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 5 - 1 London
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2001, 12:22:14 am »

Doesn't Danny Kelly write for it?  Someone who's ambition in life is to copy DANNY BAKER!!!!  Imagine that.

Thats quote of the year

Offline Paul Tomkins

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2001, 11:59:31 am »
It looked bad from our angle, and I haven't seen it on tv, but the Villa players grabbing Gerrard by the throat is normally a precursor to the player walking with a red.

Boeteng was dropping all over the park, and yet against Man U he put in a few similar studs-up tackles - did anyone else see that game? Gerrard deserved his red, but Boeteng's no angel, and wants to look at his own conduct.

As for Danny Kelly, what does he know about football? 365 used to be okay, but now it's all about screaming controversy.

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2001, 12:07:03 pm »
Football365? heard about it...thank god...

Offline KFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again.
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2001, 12:39:00 pm »
If my mind does not deceive me I remember that a certain Roy Keane did a more nasty kick on Haaland's knee (he did not even tried to get the ball) but he is not put into spotlight.  All of a sudden Gerrard made a bad tackle and he has become the dirtiest player in the universe and the disgrace to the whole world population.

Actually last year I wrote to Football365 about their Man Utd biased opinion and of course I did not get a reply.  I have not checked out Football365 since then.

I am a bit surprised that some of us still expect some valuable comments from the site, I just gave up a while ago and I urge you to do the same ;D
We won it 6 times

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2001, 12:47:39 pm »
fickle, fickle media.  if we won yesterday's game I doubt if they would dare to print such an article.  They just couldn't take out their knives fast enough.

Time to regroup.  The faster we forget the past two games, the better.  We still have a quality squad.  

Offline Andy M

• Kopite
  • I used to be Maudster
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2001, 02:30:42 pm »
This is what I do not like about the Media. You get a football match in which as a manager you have to keep an eye on all parts of the pitch so as to make sure the correct runs are being made and that defenders are dropping back correctly. They are not always keeping an eye on the ball as the fans,Commentators and referee's are. So he may simply have missed that split second when the tackle went in. After all he missed the equaliser so he would have no idea about that. he turns around and see's Boateng writhing in pain and thinks here we go again. He leaves the pitch and possibly see's the incident once (or possibly not at all)and comes up against an interviewer who has seen it 50 times from every different angle including the 3D computer generated recreation. He has a choice here he either backs his player or slates him and obviously it is common sense to back him and retract later than to slate him and regret it causing another dressing room crisis. On the other hand he could say he didn't get a good enough view of the incident to comment in which case he is accused of being tight lipped and koy. As for comparing him to Fergie well have you ever heard the Radish toned prick turn around and backtrack and apolgise after making an outrageous comment such as "we should have had 14 mins time added on" and yet he is always forgiven. Do I think less off Ged MMmm lets think about it calculate how many Trophies you have won in the last 6 months in comparison to us and that should give you your answer.
Libpool,Libpool!

Offline DaveJ

• Main Stander
DaveJ in defending Ferguson shock!
« Reply #17 on: September 10, 2001, 04:04:31 pm »
Before the game on Saturday I was ripping the piss out of Sour Alex for the "we should have had 14 minutes injury time" comment he made after their game with Villa. But, after watching those Brummie feckers, particularly Rudolph, start wasting time from the second minute onwards I have to think that Sir Blotchy may have had a point.

You have to credit D'Urso for adding 7 minutes but I'm pretty certain it should have been considerably more.

Mind you, it would have made no difference to the result even if he'd added 20.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2001, 04:11:45 pm »
Just imagine if that tackle had happened a week earlier and it was say, Diesler, rather than Boateng, and Sven had done what GH did, do you suppose for one second that this sudden media overreaction to the whole "Gerrard horror tackle" would have come about????
Of course not, the fact that Gerrard made contact with the ball (alright not much contact but still some was there) would have been highlighted til the cows came home and he would have probably been proclaimed "unlucky" or something. Who knows?

Offline Pat

• Anny Roader
  • Errrrrrrrrrrrrm
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2001, 05:39:46 pm »
I saw the GH interview on Saturday and I didn't think he actually defended the tackle at all. He actually said that as soon as he saw the tackle he knew that Stevie was going to be sent off.

What he did do was point out that Boateng had been making dramatic falls all afternoon and, once Stevie G was sent off, did not seem to be suffering from any after effects at all.

The replays were quite sickening to watch and Stevie deserved a red card because it was a reckless challenge, but there wasn't any malice behind it as the stupid commentator (Jon Champion again) said and GH was trying to stress that, too. Stevie was going for the ball and did make contact, but went in way too high.

It is the media cooking up a story. Just think of it, Stevie G the golden boy of England 'in disgrace' after being sent off. It sells newspapers.  :wanker:

Contrast this with the treatment of  :upyours:Roy Keane :upyours:, who maliciously tried to injure Man City's Alfie Haaland in revenge for a tackle Haaland made on him years earlier when a Leeds player. Stevie G might be a lot of things but he isn't a thug.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2001, 08:09:18 pm »
Exactly the same incident I've been thinking of.  Keane should be banned for life for the malice alone.   :wanker:

And we are not dirty.  We have never been.