Author Topic: I'm really disappointed......  (Read 908 times)

Offline Eddie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Spirit Of Shankly Member 10410
I'm really disappointed......
« on: September 14, 2001, 02:23:38 pm »
What was more disappointing than the result against Boavista the other night was the poxy attendance at the game itself.The day before.(Monday)I managed to blag a day off work (late in the day)to travel over from Hull for the game.Couldn't get through to the ticket office,so I tried the website and Ticketmaster,only to be met with "The Boavista game completely sold out".....I was absolutely gutted when watching it on TV to find so many empty seats.

When I spoke to one of the relatives the day after,he said that the attendance was only 30,000.Which I find unbelievable and really disappointing considering it was our first European Cup game for 16 years..No doubt I'll struggle like mad to get tickets for the Dortmund or Kiev games or any other second phase glamour ties.(should we get there.)Would/Could this be down to our funloving weekend daytrippers or "Can't be arsed" season ticket holders.I find it ironic when this happens and people talk about our massive fanbase.The two just don't add up! :(
« Last Edit: January 1, 1970, 01:00:00 am by 1017961200 »

Offline Andy M

• Kopite
  • I used to be Maudster
Re: I'm really disappointed......
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2001, 03:23:35 pm »
I would have thought with the days earlier events some either could not face or could not find the transportation to the game. I think there was a lot of feeling that people wanted to stay with there families in case something else happened.
Libpool,Libpool!

Offline Pat

• Anny Roader
  • Errrrrrrrrrrrrm
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2001, 03:24:56 pm »
I was trying to get tickets for games for years before I succeeded. Ticket office would either be permanently engaged or would say it had sold out, yet when watching the game on the telly the ground would be half full. It is SO frustrating to see an empty ground, but I wouldn't like to say if it was day trippers of apathetic season ticket holders who are to blame.

I knew there were tickets available for Boavista and would have loved to have gone, but living in Bristol and not being able to get time off work, I didn't have a chance of getting there in time.  :but: :but: :but:

Maybe Anfield these days needs the day trippers to fill up, but I expect it had more to do with Boavista not being a 'glamour' game as you said.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2001, 03:34:56 pm »
I'm not happy about the result, the easiest team at home and we do only get a draw. I think it's almost time to panic ! We MUST win the derby tomorrow if we want to keep competing. Maybe if we get a string of good results things will go right for us again. Yes, I think everybody is dissapointed, at least a little bit.

COME ON YOU REDS !!!

Oh, I saw there's an early kick off tomorrow, does that mean the game is gonna be televised ???

Offline Pat

• Anny Roader
  • Errrrrrrrrrrrrm
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2001, 03:39:43 pm »
It's a Pay Per View game :upyours:. Newcastle away on the 30th is too, I believe.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2001, 03:46:07 pm »
I think our pub has Pay-per-view matches as well.
Well, another excuse to go to the pub and find out.
Of course I can just call em.
Nah, I'll have a few drinks while I'm there.  ;)