Author Topic: Awesome documentaries thread  (Read 284950 times)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Awesome documentaries thread
« Reply #1040 on: October 13, 2016, 02:19:49 pm »
New Adam Curtis documentary, HyperNormalisation, being released on iPlayer in the next few days.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nz6u7xRznjY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nz6u7xRznjY</a>

His previous offering, Bitter Lake, was excellent if anybody hasn't seen it yet.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1041 on: October 14, 2016, 10:40:34 pm »
I'm watching Sky Ladder on Netflix. It's about a Chinese artist who works with fireworks. The first big piece they've just shown was incredible.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #1042 on: October 14, 2016, 10:44:09 pm »
I'm watching Sky Ladder on Netflix. It's about a Chinese artist who works with fireworks. The first big piece they've just shown was incredible.

This sounds good. May have a look.

He named me Malala is one i want to watch.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1043 on: October 14, 2016, 11:24:43 pm »
New Adam Curtis documentary, HyperNormalisation, being released on iPlayer in the next few days.

His previous offering, Bitter Lake, was excellent if anybody hasn't seen it yet.

Looking forward to it enjoyed Bitter Lake.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1044 on: October 16, 2016, 09:11:23 pm »
A new Planet Earth series is starting on the BBC this month- the trailer looks incredible:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8aFcHFu8QM

The original series is one of the best wildlife programmes ever created

Offline Igor Tripod Biscan

• Got it, got off it, got on with it. Is rice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #1045 on: October 18, 2016, 10:38:40 am »

Interesting take, its long (2hrs and 46 minutes) but interesting
Liverpool is the pool of life.
Carl Jung, 1961.  Alan Partridge didn't ask for a second season you meff

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1046 on: October 18, 2016, 12:08:49 pm »
Interesting take, its long (2hrs and 46 minutes) but interesting
It is pretty long, but given what he's trying to cover I'd imagine he's had to condense it. It's good that he squeezed in that Assad's favourite band is ELO. I can imagine Jeff Lynne being invited over to the palace on the hill like Dennis Rodman in North Korea. You know that Jeff Lynne is so sound he'd get on like a city on fire with Assad, he might even play an impromptu acoustic set of hits for the King who'd be in his element grooving along to 'Don't Bring Me Down'. Who knows, Soft Rock could be exactly what the world needs at this moment in time. Missed that one Curtis.

Offline CLOCKSPEED

• his processor is underclocked
  • Kopite
« Reply #1047 on: October 27, 2016, 02:45:35 pm »
BBC4 Fatal experiments downfall of a super surgeon

Unbelievable 3 parter finished tonight maker starts episode 1 with the final interview . I found episode 2 disconcerting to say the least. Episode 3 tonight . It is on iplayer dont know what to say without spoiling it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0813n4j

Then after you watch it read this . Draw you own conclusions

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/01/celebrity-surgeon-nbc-news-producer-scam

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #1048 on: October 28, 2016, 11:07:54 am »
Louis theroux on scientology and now rubble kings I need to watch...

13 was very good, and quite scary to be honest how people of such influence have acted in years gone by.....and at present too.
The one on Amanda knox was interesting also (as I largely didn't follow it in the news at the time) and also watched Going Clear recently. HBO's scientology documentary which was very interesting, said a lot about the origins and inside-stories on some well known actors within the group I never knew!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: October 31, 2016, 04:34:19 pm »
Before the Flood...on the Nat geo youtube account. Get it watched.

Offline Salger

• Kopite
« Reply #1050 on: November 2, 2016, 09:30:57 am »
It was good. You should check out All or Nothing: A Season with the Arizona Cardinals currently on Amazon if you liked Last Chance U. I thought it was even better.

Great shout. Was very very good. Also due back for a second season.
Wir Glauben
2016 Cheltenham Tipster Competition Winner
2022 Aintree Tipster Competition Winner

Offline paul211b

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: November 2, 2016, 09:36:51 am »
Oasis: Supersonic is available in the usual places, watched it yesterday enjoyed it.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: November 2, 2016, 09:53:46 am »
Anyone catch the HBO documentary -  Heroin: Cape Cod USA

An unvarnished look at the heroin epidemic sweeping America's small towns and communities, focusing on on eight young addicts in idyllic Cape Cod, Mass.

Was really good although tragic.  Seemingly normal average happy kids sucked into the Heroin lifestyle and all the nastiness that comes with it. :(

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1053 on: November 2, 2016, 12:08:52 pm »

An unvarnished look at the heroin epidemic sweeping America's small towns and communities, focusing on on eight young addicts in idyllic Cape Cod, Mass.

Was really good although tragic.  Seemingly normal average happy kids sucked into the Heroin lifestyle and all the nastiness that comes with it. :(

Yeah mate. Watched it last night. Grim watching but excellent as always from HBO. Just shows it's not all slum kids from hard backgrounds who fall victim to it.

That shit really is paying for a death sentence.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2016, 12:16:40 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1054 on: November 2, 2016, 12:18:23 pm »
Before the Flood...on the Nat geo youtube account. Get it watched.
Caught it last night, my initial reaction was here we go some celebrity on their high horse again but in fairness to Leo he came across very well, nuanced in his thoughts, realistic and genuinely honest in his endeavors. I didn't find out anything new but it was an entertaining watch none the less.

I'm surprised they didn't mention nuclear fusion power as a solution, it seems the best option in the future when the technology is more developed. Although at the moment it is not moving as quick as anticipated and as the movie outlines we don't have a whole lot of time. Still worth a mention because in theory it's a game changer to say the least.

Loved the part where he spoke to the astronaut with cancer. His giant digital map of the world gadget was incredible to look at, would be great to experience it in person.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1055 on: November 2, 2016, 12:33:08 pm »

I watched that along with another one, can't remember what it was called now.

Seems to me that a lot are getting addicted because of prescription drugs like Oxycontin. They start taking them after say, an accident, get hooked and then move onto heroin 'cause it's cheaper.   
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: November 2, 2016, 02:35:40 pm »

Seems to me that a lot are getting addicted because of prescription drugs like Oxycontin. They start taking them after say, an accident, get hooked and then move onto heroin 'cause it's cheaper.   

I think there's little doubt that what you said is the main cause, the overprescription of painkillers.

The LA Times did a long investigation into Oxycontin -- specifically their claims for 12 hour release from pain -- and the company that makes it, Purdue.

Here's just the beginning:

The drugmaker Purdue Pharma launched OxyContin two decades ago with a bold marketing claim: One dose relieves pain for 12 hours, more than twice as long as generic medications.

Patients would no longer have to wake up in the middle of the night to take their pills, Purdue told doctors. One OxyContin tablet in the morning and one before bed would provide “smooth and sustained pain control all day and all night.”

On the strength of that promise, OxyContin became America’s bestselling painkiller, and Purdue reaped $31 billion in revenue.

But OxyContin’s stunning success masked a fundamental problem: The drug wears off hours early in many people, a Los Angeles Times investigation found. OxyContin is a chemical cousin of heroin, and when it doesn’t last, patients can experience excruciating symptoms of withdrawal, including an intense craving for the drug.

The problem offers new insight into why so many people have become addicted to OxyContin, one of the most abused pharmaceuticals in U.S. history.

The article - http://www.latimes.com/projects/oxycontin-part1/
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: November 2, 2016, 02:52:47 pm »
I think there's little doubt that what you said is the main cause, the overprescription of painkillers.

The LA Times did a long investigation into Oxycontin -- specifically their claims for 12 hour release from pain -- and the company that makes it, Purdue.

Jesus Christ that sounds horrific mate. Very disturbing

This story from the LA times sounds just like something straight out of Aronofsky's Requiem For a Dream

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: November 2, 2016, 05:13:55 pm »

Yeah the girl with the face scar was tragic. She'd started on Oxy after her accident and it had spiralled from there.

The 2 lads dealing I had less sympathy for. Don't really think they wanted to stop.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #1059 on: November 2, 2016, 05:30:34 pm »

Jesus Christ that sounds horrific mate. Very disturbing

This story from the LA times sounds just like something straight out of Aronofsky's Requiem For a Dream
I saw this in 13, very good.

<a href="http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=69045041&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=69045041&amp;amp;server=vimeo.com&amp;amp;show_title=1&amp;amp;show_byline=1&amp;amp;show_portrait=0&amp;amp;color=&amp;amp;fullscreen=1</a>
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: November 3, 2016, 09:32:04 am »
I saw this in 13, very good.

Shiiiit Dave this looks like a really good watch. Will be grabbing this for sure. 

Did anyone catch the docu on Beeb2 last night called 'Unarmed Black Male'?  All about police shootings in the US.

A really tricky one depending on your political stance and viewpoint etc but the cop that featured in the program certainly was a bit of a strange one and definitely trigger happy.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: November 3, 2016, 10:59:06 am »
Caught it last night, my initial reaction was here we go some celebrity on their high horse again but in fairness to Leo he came across very well, nuanced in his thoughts, realistic and genuinely honest in his endeavors. I didn't find out anything new but it was an entertaining watch none the less.

I'm surprised they didn't mention nuclear fusion power as a solution, it seems the best option in the future when the technology is more developed. Although at the moment it is not moving as quick as anticipated and as the movie outlines we don't have a whole lot of time. Still worth a mention because in theory it's a game changer to say the least.

Loved the part where he spoke to the astronaut with cancer. His giant digital map of the world gadget was incredible to look at, would be great to experience it in person.
That's pretty much what I thought about it. I completley agree about that world map. Would love to spend a day just staring at it. Also need to look into more about what Elon Musk was saying about those centres. He said 100 of them could power the world?

Also has anyone seen the Ivory documentary on I player by Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall? It is really good and looks into who is buying the ivory and what the solutions are to the problems. Turns out the UK has a bigger role in it than you would imagine.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1062 on: November 3, 2016, 10:23:14 pm »
You've been Trumped too is being premiered on Facebook at 8pm est 12am our time tonight.

We've announced a special screening of the film FREE of charge this week through Facebook Live!

The film will premiere online this Thursday, November 3rd at 8pm EST on the You've Been Trumped Too Facebook Page (http://facebook.com/youvebeentrumpedtoo)

YOU’VE BEEN TRUMPED TOO opened theatrically in New York on Friday, October 28, and begins in UK cinemas this week.

But after word of the film spread, Mr Trump’s company issued a statement threatening to sue anyone involved in distributing the film, and the 92-year old widow at the heart of the story..

Labeled "a ticking time bomb" by IndieWire, the film tells the story of Molly Forbes living without proper running water for six years since the Trump Organization cut off her water supply while working on their luxury golf course. The film also contains footage showing Donald Trump wanting to ‘get rid’ of houses and building Mexico border style walls around homes in Scotland.

“There is a profound danger to freedom of speech in Mr Trump’s actions, especially with the election around the corner,” said director Anthony Baxter.

Donald Trump issued a similar legal threat to the BBC in 2012 when Baxter released an earlier film, You’ve Been Trumped. The BBC aired the film anyway, to widespread critical acclaim.

https://www.facebook.com/youvebeentrumpedtoo/

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_umiGkBMbQ8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_umiGkBMbQ8</a>

« Last Edit: November 3, 2016, 10:28:55 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline saoirse08

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • TRUTH. JUSTICE. ACCOUNTABILITY.
« Reply #1063 on: November 17, 2016, 01:03:29 pm »
Jesus! The Weiner documentary on BBC4's Storyville strand. I found it horrific and uncomfortable viewing, especially when looking at his wife's face as he continues his bid to become Mayor of New York, despite all the wrongdoing and misplaced confidence in his ability to rehabilitate himself in such a public manner. In the end, though, it's a portrait of a narcissist who couldn't control his sexual predilections, a rampant egotist...Wait, I wonder if he'll ever run for President?
“The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.”

"The old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear."

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1064 on: November 21, 2016, 08:56:23 pm »
Another good documentary from Storyville: Jim - The James Foley Story.

On iPlayer as usual: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b083d74c/storyville-20162017-4-jim-the-james-foley-story
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline penfold102

• It remains unclear as to whether "102" refers to my IQ or my dad's age - let RAWK decide! :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: November 22, 2016, 08:48:51 am »
Just finished watching a superb documentary called "Gatekeeper " which follows a retired police officer in Japan trying to stop people committing suicide at the cliffs in his hometown. 40 minutes of gripping telly. Not sure if it's been mentioned on here before but it's well worth your time.
Fils et pere - Trade count of 35+

What's tomato with you?

Offline KERRYKOP

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1066 on: November 22, 2016, 09:43:17 pm »
Jesus! The Weiner documentary on BBC4's Storyville strand. I found it horrific and uncomfortable viewing, especially when looking at his wife's face as he continues his bid to become Mayor of New York, despite all the wrongdoing and misplaced confidence in his ability to rehabilitate himself in such a public manner. In the end, though, it's a portrait of a narcissist who couldn't control his sexual predilections, a rampant egotist...Wait, I wonder if he'll ever run for President?
Meant to check this out, thanks for reminding me.

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: November 22, 2016, 10:36:01 pm »
Just finished watching a superb documentary called "Gatekeeper " which follows a retired police officer in Japan trying to stop people committing suicide at the cliffs in his hometown. 40 minutes of gripping telly. Not sure if it's been mentioned on here before but it's well worth your time.

I read a story about a man that does the same on a bridge in China. It might interest you.

http://www.gq.com/story/suicide-catchers-nanjing-bridge-yangtze-river-mr-chen
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #1068 on: November 27, 2016, 09:05:30 pm »
Two great music docs on Netflix, about Janis Joplin (Little Girl Blue) and Bob Weir (The Other One).
For those with any interest in climbing, Valley Uprising is superb. I was privileged to climb in Yosemite about 25 years ago and seeing the valley in this way was really poignant.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: December 5, 2016, 10:04:27 am »
Speaking of Music Docs.  Did anyone catch 'Promises and Lies' on BBC4 Friday night?

The rise and fall of UB40.  Was really good.

Jesus Christ, I know bands are regularly getting ripped off and falling out with each other but UB40 take it to a whole new level.

Shit loads of top 10's, Number 1 singles and Albums in America, filling stadiums for years all over the globe and they haven't got a pot to piss in and the Campbell family ripped apart.

BBC4 leading the way in Music docs once again.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1070 on: December 5, 2016, 02:24:08 pm »
Speaking of Music Docs.  Did anyone catch 'Promises and Lies' on BBC4 Friday night?

Jesus Christ, I know bands are regularly getting ripped off and falling out with each other but UB40 take it to a whole new level.

Shit loads of top 10's, Number 1 singles and Albums in America, filling stadiums for years all over the globe and they haven't got a pot to piss in and the Campbell family ripped apart.

It was very good.  Music docs are so much better when there's a huge clash and everyone's really unlikable..
Even Alan Curbishley's brother - brought in to sort out the financial chaos - threw his hands up saying 'no fucking idea what's going on here'. And he spent his career working with the Who, for crying out loud.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: December 6, 2016, 09:43:48 am »
Sorry to harp on again about BBC4 but watched 'The men who built the liners' last night. Should be available on Iplayer or catch-up.

The story of the Ship yards on the Clyde. Once a thriving industry producing some of the greatest sea going vessels of all time, now basically reduced almost to waste land.

40 odd Ship yards at one time reduced down to 2 or 3.

The yards had packed order books (including the QEII) but still managed to go down the pan.  The labour government of the mid to late 60's did its best to keep the yards head above water but when Edward Heath and the conservatives took power in 1970 it was the beginning of the end and they eventually succumbed :(

The ship yard trade Unionist the late Jimmy Reid who battled for the ship yards and the communities that came with it seemed like a formidable character and is no doubt still a legend around those parts.

Overall, a really interesting doc and a little sad.

Id like to see the Clyde docks developed much like Liverpool has been and i think that is the plan for the future so good luck with that.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: December 6, 2016, 01:57:36 pm »
Interesting Storyville right now on Iplayer about an Israeli team Beitar Jersusalem who since their founding in 1936 have never signed Arab player.The owner Arkadi Gaydamak is the father of the guy who ruined Portsmouth,anyway the fans hate his guts and he ends up signing 2 Chechen muslim players and it sets off a powder keg amongst the Beitar nationalistic zionist fans.

Interesting that the goalkeeper is almost spitting image of Luis Suarez. ;D

It's a really good watch.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: December 6, 2016, 04:24:58 pm »
Interesting Storyville right now on Iplayer about an Israeli team Beitar Jersusalem who since their founding in 1936 have never signed Arab player.The owner Arkadi Gaydamak is the father of the guy who ruined Portsmouth,anyway the fans hate his guts and he ends up signing 2 Chechen muslim players and it sets off a powder keg amongst the Beitar nationalistic zionist fans.

Interesting that the goalkeeper is almost spitting image of Luis Suarez. ;D

It's a really good watch.

Saw that on last night mate and was tempted but went for the shipbuilders doc instead.

Will give this a go on catch-up as it does look intersting.

cheers :wave

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #1074 on: December 6, 2016, 05:12:39 pm »
That Beitar doc was brilliant. Can't believe what went on, felt sorry for the goalkeeper, tried his best to be a diplomat.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #1075 on: December 6, 2016, 06:26:55 pm »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #1076 on: December 6, 2016, 07:59:18 pm »

Sad, really sad. Forgot some of the great music they made and the little snippets were a welcome reminder. Only the lawyers will get rich from this as it seems like the feud will run and run. Pity there is no-one seemingly able to bring the brothers together. As I said, sad......
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: December 6, 2016, 08:13:05 pm »
Watched Tickled the other night, about this journo who starts looking into the online 'sport' of tickling.
One of those docs that just unfolds nicely while you're not sure where it will end up. Very good.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2016, 08:14:36 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: December 6, 2016, 11:33:57 pm »
That Beitar doc was brilliant. Can't believe what went on, felt sorry for the goalkeeper, tried his best to be a diplomat.
The guy they made captain once the keeper left was a crafty little shit wasnt he. Players were told not to speak to the fans about the issues but he went and told them he was with them etc. The Argentine lad summed it up perfectly when he said the Jewish folks have been abused racially for ages they shouldnt do it because they know how it feels. Felt sorry for the younger muslim player who had his mum come watch him and she would hear his own fans racially abuse him and even assault him in one case.

Definately worth a watch.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali