Author Topic: Away fans at the new stadium  (Read 26525 times)

Offline Beggerz

• can't be custom title chooserz
  • Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
Away fans at the new stadium
« on: March 14, 2007, 12:06:10 pm »
I think we should do what other clubs around Europe do and seat away supporters very high up making their voices harder to pick up on the pitch, I believe Newcastle do this as-well, does anybody agree?

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Away fans at the new stadium
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:06:43 pm »
I think we should do what other clubs around Europe do and seat away supporters very high up making their voices harder to pick up on the pitch, I believe Newcastle do this as-well, does anybody agree?

Only if putting them in a dungoen is no longer acceptable.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Beggerz

• Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:09:47 pm »

:D

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 12:21:24 pm »
In 2 minds over this.

Nothing raises the atmosphere more than having a bit away following to 'compete' with. The main reason why FA Cup games are so special, the big away followings.

Anyone remember the season when we re-built the Anny Road and we had no away fans that year? Atmosphere was shite.

Stick them in the gods and the team get an advantage with our backing only. But it would take away from the atmosphere.

I'd rather stick them on the side, in the corner right next to the new Kop  8)
A Son of Shankly

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 01:04:05 pm »
Id keep them where they are (but obviously the equivelant).  I dont think it affected much at Newcastle away, but like someone said above, chanting back is a big part of creating atmosphere. 
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 02:15:09 pm »
Stick em right next to the kop

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 02:17:43 pm »
Leave them where they are - part of the opposite end to the Kop - I usually sit in the Road End and it's a great buzz when there's a good set of away fans.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 04:24:35 pm »
When the Mancs are in town why not seat them down the road a Woodison Lol
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 05:12:49 pm »

Except for the Bluenoses give them a big screen to watch it in Kirkby, then throw them in the dungeons.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline DannyD

• Son Of Millie Tant. General Secretary of the National Union of Ice Cream Miners
  • Legacy Fan
  • 60 Years torment for Palestinians make it the last
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 05:15:41 pm »
Id keep them where they are (but obviously the equivelant).  I dont think it affected much at Newcastle away, but like someone said above, chanting back is a big part of creating atmosphere. 

Newcastle away? Christ you are so far up you need binoculars to see anything. you have to duck your head when esyjet Z117 is on the way in.
I lay before you a plan of freedom - adopt it, and you rid the world of inequality, misery, and crime. A martyr in your cause, I am become the prophet of your salvation.

Offline boyham

• Imagine Trevor Brooking singing the hits of Culture Club
  • Kopite
  • RTK Supporter
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2007, 10:11:48 am »
Newcastle away? Christ you are so far up you need binoculars to see anything. you have to duck your head when esyjet Z117 is on the way in.
Haha, I had a good view.  We were really far up, but I think the pitch would still be able to hear us.  I would prefer the away fans to be in a similar position to what they are now.
STD

STOP THE DAY-TRIPPERS!

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2007, 10:13:39 am »

I fucking hate being anywhere near the away fans - as far away as possible from the main body of the support would be best.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 10:15:13 am »
I fucking hate being anywhere near the away fans - as far away as possible from the main body of the support would be best.

You know it makes sense.
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 05:00:16 pm »

you know ive often considered that, an it isnt too bad an idea...
Momo Is Boss

Offline arfy05

• Legacy Fan
  • Conspiracy Theorist
    • The arfy blog
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 09:54:02 pm »
i'd prefer them opposite to the Kop in the left corner if you look at if facing the Kop. ;)

so basically where they are now, away fans add more intensity and atmosphere for us to counter, plus sometimes if fans ar ein the himalaya rgions you cannot see if they acknowledge you, like the barca/ betis fans have in the past 2 years ;)

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 09:57:45 pm »
Straight opposite, just cos other clubs are c*nts doesn't mean we have to have no class
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Mr D J

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 10:07:00 am »
Hard decision this one,one thing we dont want to see is empty seats and a loss of atmosphere,having said that the Chelsea dont really travel but the Manc do,one idea possibly is when selling season tickets fans are allocated from the front to the back with the last 10/20 rows for match day/fan card holders and maybe the upper section of the Anfield rd for away supporters,if for instance we get a 60,000 stadium then draw say Brighton at home in the 3rd of the FA cup and it's televised we probably wont sell our home allocaction and Brighton wont bring any more than 1,000 so seating everbody evenly around the ground from front to back would help retain some atmosphere.

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2007, 10:25:42 am »

That is a terrible idea put them as far away from the home support as possible, I hate sitting near the away fans particulary the Mancs.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Ste G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 10:45:03 am »
Always prefer them behind the goal - then it emphasises which is the home end.

I'm never quite sure at some grounds where the home end is.

We'll have the Kop they can have the opposite end - or part of it.

And just to add, away fans will only be getting 3000 at the new ground. There won't be any increase.  :)

Offline Beggerz

• Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 10:46:49 am »
Its much more intimidating for the away team if they cannot hear there own fans

Offline Garston Park

• Anny Roader
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2007, 11:54:12 am »
stick them in the same place chelsea used to put away fans, along one lower tier side in the corner well out the way.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2007, 07:37:15 am »
Put them no where....

If they want to enter the stadium, make them pay the ticket twice....

Thrice for Mancs and blues...and free seating so we can fuck them
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline Sport Billy

• Not bad at most sports but not great at any!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • The Second Coming!
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2007, 09:24:09 am »
Agreed, this would cause a great Atmosphere!
We all Dream of a Can of CaraPils!

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2007, 09:39:38 am »

Would it hell - it would only encourage a pile of beauts to stand up and chant/gesture at the opposition all game rather than watch the football/support the team on the pitch.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2007, 10:22:02 am »
Straight opposite, just cos other clubs are c*nts doesn't mean we have to have no class

Agreed, think it was a dirty trick by Newcastle. You might as well watch it on telly as sit up in the clouds.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline todda

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2007, 10:55:31 am »

Would it feck, it would cause no end of trouble, I remember being in the old Spion Kop and a load of Sunderland fans got in (about 200 odd) it caused mayhem, the police and stewards had to usher them out and down the Anny Road end. 

Offline manchater

• Anny Roader
  • per ardua ad astra
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2007, 11:07:50 am »
nobody would watch the game if the mancs or the bitters were next to the kop, thingas are getting really heated again at present from those sets of "fans" with the abuse they are hurling can you imagine what would happen if they were within reach?. i know the road end has had to contend with them for a long time and nothing major has occurred i just don't think it would be right to have the away lot next to the main support on the kop (no offence to road enders about not being main support)
SOS Member 7030

all Liverpool fans should join the "I hate the fu***ng S*n Newspaper" on Facebook

When I go to the supermarket or newsagents I cover that rag up with other papers and  I encourage everyone else to do the same Countrywide

JFT96   YNWA     never ever buy the S*n

Offline Taylor_LFC

• Whopper who didn't make it to Porto
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2007, 11:14:20 am »

I like this idea.

Especially when we play the mancs.

Offline CaseRed

• Anny Roader
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2007, 03:16:47 pm »
Away Fans opposite end of the ground to the Kop - Dont want those c*nts anywhere near us.

Scare the shit out of them seeing a sea of red and white at the other end in full voice

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2007, 06:16:14 pm »
on the roof would be ideal, failing that i would have them more or less where they are now, with the increased capacity at each end we should be able to keep them in one of the corners.
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline kopite@m45

• A frightening peek inside the mind of a Tory voter... fuck me its roomy in here
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mo mo mo, Mo Sissoko
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2007, 09:04:08 pm »
I don't think it is a major coincidence that banishing the away supporters to the Gods has come at the same time as Manure's long run of success. The place is like some kind of Nurenburg rally, where all opposition is verboten.

However this theory completely falls apart with the Geordies - as do most things.
A legendary dickhead, no less.

Offline anon-y-mouse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2007, 09:07:23 pm »
I don't think it is a major coincidence that banishing the away supporters to the Gods has come at the same time as the Mancs's long run of success. The place is like some kind of Nurenburg rally, where all opposition is verboten.

However this theory completely falls apart with the Geordies - as do most things.

Indeed, as away fans aren't 'up in the gods' at Old Trafford.

Offline Beggerz

• Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2007, 11:28:13 am »
Well I still maintain my opinion that they should be on a very high tier behind a goal, i'll never forget when chelsea beat us 4-1 and the rent boys just wouldn't shut it singing 'thats why we're champions', quite frankly I don't really like to hear that when i'm already frustrated with what is happening on the pitch
« Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:30:09 am by Beggerz »

Offline Ned Kelly

• Simple, really.
  • Kopite
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2007, 11:35:30 am »
Well I still maintain my opinion that they should be on a very high tier behind a goal, i'll never forget when chelsea beat us 4-1 and the rent boys just wouldn't shut it singing 'thats why we're champions', quite frankly I don't really like to hear that when i'm already frustrated with what is happening on the pitch

The modern day football fan.

Don't you just love 'em?  :butt

Would you rather win the lottery or Joe Royles head full of Fifty pence pieces ?

Offline Beggerz

• Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2007, 12:42:04 pm »
The modern day football fan.

Don't you just love 'em?  :butt

The modern day smart arse, I love you too =]

Offline jackellis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2007, 07:55:58 pm »
stick them at the opposite end to the kop, right in the middle of the lower tier so they are completely surrounded by our fans. put them in their place (particularly the mancs). do wigan still give a whole stand to away support?
Just think- next time I shoot someone, I could be arrested.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2007, 08:50:53 pm »

I'd rather stick them on the side, in the corner right next to the new Kop  8)

:thumbup

Offline Redbrummy

• Legacy Fan
  • Olivia Katie Rose 22/8/08
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2007, 09:02:18 pm »

Needed oxygen by the time I got to the away seats at St James, kinnel thought I was gonna have a heart attack  ::)

Offline MarkR

• Main Stander
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2007, 10:04:33 pm »
stick them at the opposite end to the kop, right in the middle of the lower tier so they are completely surrounded by our fans. put them in their place (particularly the mancs). do wigan still give a whole stand to away support?

Yup

Offline Beggerz

• Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #39 on: April 19, 2007, 10:40:10 am »
You can barely hear away fans at Newcastle, which in my opinion is a good thing.