Author Topic: Curry Thread  (Read 68544 times)

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
Re: Curry Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 3, 2007, 05:10:18 pm »
Had some yellow chappti curry type thing the other day. God knows what it was, but was something new
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: July 3, 2007, 05:27:26 pm »
Had a Beef Madras last night.

Microwave shit, but it served a purpose.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #242 on: July 3, 2007, 05:51:47 pm »
Lamb Biriyani with some prawns and egg was immense.

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #243 on: July 3, 2007, 07:20:25 pm »
Had a Beef Madras last night.

Microwave shit, but it served a purpose.
Which one of these purposes was that?

(a) to scorn a major religion
(b) to mock an ancient culture or
(c) to have a good crap

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: July 3, 2007, 07:26:19 pm »
All of the above.

I didn't buy it, I just ate it.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: July 3, 2007, 07:27:21 pm »
All of the above.

I didn't buy it, I just ate it.
Accessory after the fact.  Apologist.  Ninny.

But I still love you.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 3, 2007, 07:28:56 pm »
Anyone ever tried Lamb brain Curry? I had the fortune of having it in India....was pleasantly surprised.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 3, 2007, 07:31:06 pm »
Accessory after the fact.  Apologist.  Ninny.

But I still love you.

Thank you dearest.

I'm making a curry next week, I'd like you to send me a good recipe and a step by step guide to making it.

Danke.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: July 3, 2007, 07:32:50 pm »
Anyone ever tried Lamb brain Curry? I had the fortune of having it in India....was pleasantly surprised.
They are just Indians in denial mate.

Had a beautiful brain curry tonight, the beginning of a rather nice night.
Keep up Gianiji, or I will pull the sardarji jokes out...

It is one of the most beautiful, subtle flavours in the world.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: July 3, 2007, 07:34:12 pm »
Thank you dearest.

I'm making a curry next week, I'd like you to send me a good recipe and a step by step guide to making it.

Danke.
Sure.  Have a couple knocking around here - what's your meat of choice?

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 3, 2007, 07:44:55 pm »

Fitting that I had it at "Punjabi by Nature" in Delhi then, along with Vodka filled Gool-Kaappe (sp).

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: July 3, 2007, 07:47:44 pm »
Chicken or Lamb. PM me if you want.

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: July 3, 2007, 07:49:29 pm »
Lamb Biriyani with some prawns and egg was immense.

that look gooooood !

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: July 3, 2007, 09:05:40 pm »
Chicken or Lamb. PM me if you want.

No, don't PM him, share it with the rest of us as well please! :)

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #254 on: July 3, 2007, 09:22:56 pm »

agrees
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: July 3, 2007, 09:27:41 pm »

Was gonna invite everyone round and cook it.

My cooking is boss. Got me a GCSE and everything.

Offline Elli

• kelly without the k, and the y replaced with an i
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: July 3, 2007, 09:28:17 pm »
Oh well fair enough then, as long as you make it a night when I'm in Liverpool ;)

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
« Reply #257 on: July 3, 2007, 09:29:31 pm »
you can stay at mine ;)

oh wait
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #258 on: July 3, 2007, 10:23:17 pm »

Went into a Halal shop in Rusholme and saw they were serving Lamb's brain.

Don't think I have the balls to try it.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Hightown Phil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 3, 2007, 10:32:10 pm »
Oh well fair enough then, as long as you make it a night when I'm in Liverpool ;)

When are you in Liverpool?

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 3, 2007, 10:33:11 pm »
Went into a Halal shop in Rusholme and saw they were serving Lamb's brain.

Don't think I have the balls to try it.

Was on the F word tonight, surprisingly it looked good. His kids and wife loved it

Offline eLVIScOSTELLO

• Kopite
« Reply #261 on: July 3, 2007, 11:24:58 pm »
Chicken Paal / Chicken Rezalla in the Hilal Balti House in Formby.

Mmmmm....fucking Quality!

Tell 'em Elvis sent ya...............

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #262 on: July 7, 2007, 04:36:55 pm »
Thai curries are great- had a superb king prawn red curry last night, with king prawn fried noodles and king prawns in filo pastry and sweet chili sauce.
I like prawns.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: July 7, 2007, 04:40:36 pm »
Thai curries are great- had a superb king prawn red curry last night, with king prawn fried noodles and king prawns in filo pastry and sweet chili sauce.
I like prawns.
I PRAWNY

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #264 on: July 17, 2007, 11:15:34 pm »
Loving this thread. Wish i found it sooner. Im defo going to try some of the recipes ive seen here.

For those of you who like "HOT" curry may i suggest cheyenne or tepin chilli peppers. When i say "HOT" im talking ass melting hot. If you find vindaloo too spicy then stay away from these fuckers. Cheyenne peppers are lovely with jalfrezi while tepin peppers really give phal that extra kick.

Ive been growing my own over the last few summers. Seeds are really cheap and easy to get. These two types are the best for spicing up curry and can be used in most indian dishes.

Health warning: Keep a jar of sudocrem next to your bog roll.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: July 17, 2007, 11:21:53 pm »
Probably been said before but i find indian restaurant food awful, not a patch on the real homemade stuff.

I went indian restaurant once and ordered something and 10 mins later a pink/red dish turned up that was glowing at me, it was sickly, too creamy, put me right off it and i just ordered alcohol to get rid of the taste..... :wave

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #266 on: July 17, 2007, 11:30:59 pm »
Probably been said before but i find indian restaurant food awful, not a patch on the real homemade stuff.

I went indian restaurant once and ordered something and 10 mins later a pink/red dish turned up that was glowing at me, it was sickly, too creamy, put me right off it and i just ordered alcohol to get rid of the taste..... :wave

Alot of people either love or hate indian food. Most of the dishes are milk or yogurt based. This helps to dissolve the acid from the peppers. Alot of herbs are used too so it can be a shock to the taste buds if your an indian curry virgin. If you ever decide to venture back to an indian restaraunt try the Jalfrezi curry. Its sex in a sauce !!!
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: July 17, 2007, 11:31:06 pm »

Second that thought!

Love the way that no two homemade curries taste the same.

Making quite a lot of Bhunas and Rogan Joshes recently
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 17, 2007, 11:36:25 pm »
Alot of people either love or hate indian food. Most of the dishes are milk or yogurt based. This helps to dissolve the acid from the peppers. Alot of herbs are used too so it can be a shock to the taste buds if your an indian curry virgin. If you ever decide to venture back to an indian restaraunt try the Jalfrezi curry. Its sex in a sauce !!!

Being indian i dont hate indian food :P i just hate indian RESTAURANT food.... its crap that i wouldnt eat if i was hungry. its too sweet, its nothing and i mean nothing compared to homemade cooking. even down to the naan bread! I was at a indian restaurant in lithuania ??? couple of months back and more that i missed my mum's cooking, kfc, fish and chips etc that this tasted better in my mind than it porbably was.

Second that thought!

Love the way that no two homemade curries taste the same.

Making quite a lot of Bhunas and Rogan Joshes recently

exactly.... daal's, curries etc.... they taste different they certainly dont look flipping radioactive like the one's I've seen and they have a much better smell, taste and spice that these places just don't do. 

Offline Billy The Kid

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #269 on: July 17, 2007, 11:50:18 pm »
Being indian i dont hate indian food :P i just hate indian RESTAURANT food.
I find a difference between homemade & restaurant too, but ive never found restaurant to taste poorly. Im sure theres plenty of dodgy indian restaurants out there, thankfully ive yet to go into one. Unless my taste buds are telling me lies.

Offline Jimbo.

• Skint
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: July 18, 2007, 10:36:42 am »
Rice of the spicy nature:

Do you

1) Wash and soak the rice first, then stiry fry with onions and spices and add a few cups of water and simmer?

or

2) Wash soak and COOK the rice, then run cold water over to fully rince and leave to cool.
THEN cook the onions and spices then add the rice at the end for 10 mins?

I find the first method always makes it come out stodgy/starchy no matter how long I wash the grains in cold water for. OR should I be washing them in boiling water and leaving for a few minutes before using method 1?

Any rice advice please?

:wave

(And any recipes for Indian Fried Rice / Keema / Jalfrezi rice would be appreciated.)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 10:38:40 am by Jimbo. »
Quote from: Dan_L
Chester is in chesirte, trasmneraeeeee is in wirral dfivo 1adand lpoolis merseydie lpoo2-1 everpuyokton |BluESHITE!!!!!!wert sr76yipeeeeeeeeeeeee113wt4aee

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: July 19, 2007, 08:28:08 pm »
Rice of the spicy nature:

Do you

1) Wash and soak the rice first, then stiry fry with onions and spices and add a few cups of water and simmer?

or

2) Wash soak and COOK the rice, then run cold water over to fully rince and leave to cool.
THEN cook the onions and spices then add the rice at the end for 10 mins?

I find the first method always makes it come out stodgy/starchy no matter how long I wash the grains in cold water for. OR should I be washing them in boiling water and leaving for a few minutes before using method 1?

Any rice advice please?

:wave

(And any recipes for Indian Fried Rice / Keema / Jalfrezi rice would be appreciated.)
No 1, always, mate.  Will sort you our some recipes for a nice pulao/biryani and keema on return from holiday at the end of the month.

Offline SpenceUK1968

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: July 19, 2007, 08:37:40 pm »
This is making me hungry, but tomorrow's Friday so I think I'll get the Mrs to pick up some stewing beef and more cloves and I'll have me a beef phall (turbocharged with cloves, garlic, extra onions and a good dollop of insanity sauce).   Heavenly ;D

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #273 on: July 19, 2007, 10:13:01 pm »
Me and the missus popped in here last night for a takeaway

It was expensive (£45) but the food was amazing.

Its in Fulham btw

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:20 pm »
Chicken madras
Pilau Rice
Keema Nan

£7 from Shagor in Woolton.

Quality.

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #275 on: July 24, 2007, 08:40:22 pm »
Place near me has just started an all you can eat buffet for two and a half of your English pounds.

It would be wrong not to.

Offline Raul!

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: July 24, 2007, 08:41:50 pm »
Place near me has just started an all you can eat buffet for two and a half of your English pounds.

True.  Bit like a 99 cent whopper though.  Can't eat one for months afterwards.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #277 on: July 24, 2007, 08:43:07 pm »

Plz live in liverpool?

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #278 on: July 24, 2007, 08:45:15 pm »

Erm, I think I will be rude and give it a miss.   :)
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline Oddbod

• Kopite
« Reply #279 on: July 24, 2007, 08:53:14 pm »

Two an a Half notes? Fuckin hell it must be dodgy stuff that.