Author Topic: The new stadium - the countdown (and thereafter the progress)  (Read 2179 times)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
The new stadium - the countdown (and thereafter the progress)
« on: February 26, 2007, 04:45:51 pm »
On the day Gillet and Hicks had the press conference, we were told that shovels would be in the ground (and therefore the new stadium officially started) "within the next 60 days"

This was an absoloute immovable deadline, due to timescale for getting the stadium ready for the start of the 2009 season, and due to european funding rules.

As we stand, today, it's 20 days since that.

The 60 days end on the 7th April. We can assume that on that date, or before, our new stadium will start taking shape with excavations and foundations beginning, and a site footprintwill soon establish itself.

Can any locals keep us up to date with any movement here, and, as things start and progress, post all digital piccies here of the latest views of the site?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 04:50:19 pm by nidgemo 3.11 »
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The new stadium - the countdown (and thereafter the progress)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 05:02:35 pm »
On the day Gillet and Hicks had the press conference, we were told that shovels would be in the ground (and therefore the new stadium officially started) "within the next 60 days"

This was an absoloute immovable deadline, due to timescale for getting the stadium ready for the start of the 2009 season, and due to european funding rules.

The 60 days end on the 7th April. We can assume that on that date, or before, our new stadium will start taking shape with excavations and foundations beginning, and a site footprintwill soon establish itself.

Can any locals keep us up to date with any movement here, and, as things start and progress, post all digital piccies here of the latest views of the site?

It might be worth getting a permanent site up in anticipation - operationanfieldexerciserebuild.com
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:04:56 pm by Ephraim Longworth »
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline dolby21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 05:04:42 pm »
it will be exciting hearing about it evolve
MOMO he is back and fighting as good as always

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 05:09:25 pm »
I live off Priory Road so would see the site every day so i could provide short written daily updates but i'm not a techie of the 'digital camera and putting them on the computer' variety (I know it's dead easy) - btw i've just found out today my house's value has increased by £7,000 since confirmation that we're going ahead with the stadium with further rises hopefully to come..wahayyy.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 05:24:41 pm »

Nidge - I've been thinking about this for a few weeks and think that a separate forum dedicated to photos only might be the way to go. A photographic journal if you like. Each thread is title by the date pics were taken.

You can run it in parallel with photographs of the old stadium in it's last two years - pics of the streets around, the sights and sounds and then when it starts to come down.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline RF

• Are we there yet?... is it open?... where are we?... what's that?...it's a lazy twat! Is my card marked?.. Yes it is?
  • Kopite
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 06:26:33 pm »
You can run it in parallel with photographs of the old stadium in it's last two years - pics of the streets around, the sights and sounds and then when it starts to come down.

Fuck sake, i know it has to happen for the future of the club, but that`s going to be one sad forum when the pictures of the bulldozers moving in are up.

There`ll be tears mark my words, and not just from the splitarses

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:22:51 pm »
Nidge - I've been thinking about this for a few weeks and think that a separate forum dedicated to photos only might be the way to go. A photographic journal if you like. Each thread is title by the date pics were taken.

Good idea - I do like the thought of a permanent record of (and record of progress for us OOT's) the development of the stadium, and lots live close enough to make this a fantastic record of things...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 01:16:58 am »
with a bit of luck the club will set up webcams on .tv for people to view the development

another idea but would need someone local, take a picture from the same spot every day till the stadium is complete then compile the pictures into a movie.

taxi
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline the brad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 10:11:04 am »
has a sod been turned yet

Offline Withnail

• Failed anorexic.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2007, 08:28:01 pm »
I take it thats a 'no' then.