Author Topic: Reds off to the Algarve/Trouble in Paradise  (Read 57735 times)

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Reds off to the Algarve/Trouble in Paradise
« Reply #320 on: February 20, 2007, 10:02:41 am »

And if it was Riise who leaked it - it would be him I would want out of the club, not bellamy...

Agree with this, the real dickhead is the one who couldn't keep his mouth shut.

'What happens on tour, stays on tour' an all that.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #321 on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:39 am »
Basically as he day goes by the story lessens with each telling. It's now been downgraded to a meal and afew drinks in a local bar where there was no trouble and Bellamy threatening that if Riise didn't sing a Robbie Williams song next time they had a karaoke night he'd hit him with a golf club.

Interesting to hear the manager of the hotel complex interviewed on the radio last night. First they knew of any "trouble" was when it was in that Portuguese paper. Said the players had been superb all week with staff and visitors but wouldn't cooperate with the press as we wanted privacy for training etc. Press got more and more pissed off as week went on. Then that story appears about headbuts, police, handcuffs etc which he described as rubbish.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #322 on: February 20, 2007, 10:03:43 am »
With the reports now circulating of any number between about 5 and 15 players being fined, I wondered if anyone knows where the money taken from the players goes. Does the club keep it? Does it go to charity? Presumably a pot for the next staff party would not be appropriate. If as many as 15 players were to be fined a couple of weeks' wages, there could be over a million in the pot.

(When I first typed this, I put a couple of weeks' wags. Thinking about it, would that be a better punishment?)

I think in Gerrard's book, he said they use it for the team's day out.  So for the next day out it will be one hell of a piss up :P

01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Rox

• Gets His Off Regularly. Man's best friend's best friend.
  • Legacy Fan
  • \0/ \0/ \0/
    • Inspire Your Dog
« Reply #323 on: February 20, 2007, 10:07:15 am »

The unspoken, underlying judgement here, is that "they're paid X amount and should know better" - as if money is some kind of moral compass.

More often than not, money is an immoral compass...
Having problems with a dog, or just want to understand them better?  Get advice at my site... http://inspireyourdog.com/ and follow us on Twitter @inspireyourdog for tips and hints.

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #324 on: February 20, 2007, 10:09:31 am »
It's a conspiracy to get the Christmas party held in St Tropez. Expect Pennant to kneecap a couple of the academy lads if the kitties still shy in November.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline FOOT

• AND MOUTH
  • Kopite
  • British media - bunch of c*nts
« Reply #325 on: February 20, 2007, 10:13:03 am »
It wasn't Rushes first incident either.

And the situation is no different now - footballers are still young, generally badly educated and stupid, lads. They are generally responsible enough to behave, but, occasionally, on a free week, will have a drink and get a bit rowdy.

You send any group of 30 young guys off on holiday together, two of them will fall out, most of them will get drunk.

You put any group of 30 people together, some of them aren't going to like each other.

It's always been the way.

Fights between team mates are nothing new by a long shot, and they will always happen - they always have. The only difference here is that it got leaked to the press...

And if it was Riise who leaked it - it would be him I would want out of the club, not bellamy...

You can stop that kind of talk.

logical, balanced, non-knee jerk reactions have no place on a message board. 
 :wave
THE TRUTH?

Lord Justice Taylor's official inquiry into the disaster disparaged The Sun's story and was unequivocal as to the disaster's cause:

The Taylor Report stated that official cause of the disaster was the failure of police control.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #326 on: February 20, 2007, 10:13:23 am »
28 years old guys arent "young" and Bellamy has a more agressive record than Rush.  Fights are usually punch ups but nothing in the scale of trying to hit a collegue's legs with a gold club.

Now THAT is bling :D

"bring me my gold club!"

Seriously, though - I think it's pretty clear at this point that JAR was not hit with a golf club. There WAS clearly something happened, they got pissed, broke the curfew, maybe a fight broke out - but the complete lack of bruises and broken bones would indicate very strongle no-one was battered with a golf club.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Bogman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: February 20, 2007, 10:13:24 am »
On the radio this morning, they said 15 players had now been fined.

:tosser
I saw Saddam's hanging on YouTube and it made me think. It made me think... is there nothing on the Internet that I won't masturbate to?

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #328 on: February 20, 2007, 10:15:20 am »
You can stop that kind of talk.

logical, balanced, non-knee jerk reactions have no place on a message board. 
 :wave

Yeah, ban nidge for a week for those comments :D

On a serious note though, this shit does happen between mates (as one of my housemates can testify following an arrest...)
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: February 20, 2007, 10:18:40 am »
Now THAT is bling :D

"bring me my gold club!"

Seriously, though - I think it's pretty clear at this point that JAR was not hit with a golf club. There WAS clearly something happened, they got pissed, broke the curfew, maybe a fight broke out - but the complete lack of bruises and broken bones would indicate very strongle no-one was battered with a golf club.

:P sorry typo....imagine trying to type in an extremely reduced size window so that your boss doesnt know what you doing ;)

The sad thing with these situations you will never know what really happen...until their autobiography comes out.  Until then we got a champion league game to come and hope that Craig become a monk now and stop drinking if he cant handle it. 
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #330 on: February 20, 2007, 10:18:43 am »

For being out after 11.30pm.

Shock, horror.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: February 20, 2007, 10:19:36 am »
Yeah, ban nidge for a week for those comments :D

On a serious note though, this shit does happen between mates (as one of my housemates can testify following an arrest...)

girls fights?  oooh :D  thats totally different....I'll pay to watch those ;)

Offline RigBon1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #332 on: February 20, 2007, 10:20:33 am »
I never said it was girls, saying as I live with 8 lads and only 3 girls it would suggest differently
I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager.

"Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone
YNWA Rafa.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: February 20, 2007, 10:24:24 am »

:tosser

Which they probably have - it's clear SOMETHING happened, but, as Rushian says, it's lessened every time we hear more about it.

All likelyhod, 15 players broke a curfew and got a bit drunk - Rafa not pleased - fines them.

End of story. It's not exactly Leicester at la Manga, with broken jaws, rape allegations, players in the slammer for weeks, etc...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #334 on: February 20, 2007, 10:26:24 am »
Which they probably have - it's clear SOMETHING happened, but, as Rushian says, it's lessened every time we hear more about it.

All likelyhod, 15 players broke a curfew and got a bit drunk - Rafa not pleased - fines them.

End of story. It's not exactly Leicester at la Manga, with broken jaws, rape allegations, players in the slammer for weeks, etc...

Well said. This whole thing has been blown horribly out of proportion.
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #335 on: February 20, 2007, 11:05:23 am »
:P sorry typo....imagine trying to type in an extremely reduced size window so that your boss doesnt know what you doing ;)

I do that. Never works though, i always get rumbled! My RAWK addiction has seen a big decrease in productivity.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #336 on: February 20, 2007, 11:18:13 am »
28 years old guys arent "young" and Bellamy has a more agressive record than Rush.  Fights are usually punch ups but nothing in the scale of trying to hit a collegue's legs with a gold club.  I wonder what would be the response if Cisse or any other johnny foreigner would have done that!

Bellamy may be an alright footballer but he isnt showing signs that he is trying to change his notorious manners.

He's Welsh!
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Armageddon

• Boys Pen
« Reply #337 on: February 20, 2007, 11:26:16 am »
Look what Dzezy Dudek told his official website: www.jerzydudek.eu

BTW - Did you hear about that website before? I do not!

I trust Dzezy! And I love him!

DUDEK:
"Most of the press printed strange, unreal stories concerning our going out for supper to the nearest restaurant, while we were in Portugal. Among others, I have read, that I wanted to beat up the policeman, was handcuffed and detained by the police. Nothing of that kind happened.

On the last day of the training camp, the coach Rafael Benitez realized that we were working well and hard enough to deserve a free evening. However, he made it clear that at midnight we all have to be in our rooms. I have to admit hat since Benitez came to the club the atmosphere in the team has improved greatly. Even though I have been in Liverpool for over 5 years now, frankly speaking we have never been as well-integrated as we are now, both on the pitch and outside.

After eating supper in our own circle, traditionally the new players and later on also some volunteers had the opportunity to present their vocal abilities through karaoke!
Such situations are always extremely funny and a few guys present a high vocal level. It was really great this time and together with the rest of the restaurant's guests we were having fun till the late evening. The atmosphere was very nice.

During our way back to the hotel, which was situated in around 5 minute walk from the restaurant, we turned out to be too loud. It is certain that people whose apartments were close to ours and who have already fell asleep did not like it. One of the guests called security, because there was a burglary in one of the apartments. Anyway, it was certainly not our fault.

I admit that we behaved inappropriately for the situation. We have betrayed our coach's trust, because we returned to the hotel around several dozen minutes after the 'zero hour', as well as other hotel guests, because we disturbed their peace and night time.

The next day we felt stupid. Our coach talked to us and punished those who deserved it the most. I was one of them.

We have to draw a conclusion from this incident, so as to avoid such a situation in future."

Source: www.jerzydudek.eu

Offline RayO'Biscan

• Who controls the past, controls the future.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass 'n' Move!
« Reply #338 on: February 20, 2007, 11:38:23 am »
Look what Dzezy Dudek told his official website: www.jerzydudek.eu

BTW - Did you hear about that website before? I do not!

I trust Dzezy! And I love him!

DUDEK:
"Most of the press printed strange, unreal stories concerning our going out for supper to the nearest restaurant, while we were in Portugal. Among others, I have read, that I wanted to beat up the policeman, was handcuffed and detained by the police. Nothing of that kind happened.

On the last day of the training camp, the coach Rafael Benitez realized that we were working well and hard enough to deserve a free evening. However, he made it clear that at midnight we all have to be in our rooms. I have to admit hat since Benitez came to the club the atmosphere in the team has improved greatly. Even though I have been in Liverpool for over 5 years now, frankly speaking we have never been as well-integrated as we are now, both on the pitch and outside.

After eating supper in our own circle, traditionally the new players and later on also some volunteers had the opportunity to present their vocal abilities through karaoke!
Such situations are always extremely funny and a few guys present a high vocal level. It was really great this time and together with the rest of the restaurant's guests we were having fun till the late evening. The atmosphere was very nice.

During our way back to the hotel, which was situated in around 5 minute walk from the restaurant, we turned out to be too loud. It is certain that people whose apartments were close to ours and who have already fell asleep did not like it. One of the guests called security, because there was a burglary in one of the apartments. Anyway, it was certainly not our fault.

I admit that we behaved inappropriately for the situation. We have betrayed our coach's trust, because we returned to the hotel around several dozen minutes after the 'zero hour', as well as other hotel guests, because we disturbed their peace and night time.

The next day we felt stupid. Our coach talked to us and punished those who deserved it the most. I was one of them.

We have to draw a conclusion from this incident, so as to avoid such a situation in future."

Source: www.jerzydudek.eu

I don't trust Dzezy (whoever he/she is) and especially don't love him/her, but that is an informative post straight from the horse's mouth, cheers!

I wonder what the grannies here judging Bellamy and co. are going to say about this. 

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: February 20, 2007, 12:02:28 pm »
Some more players who weren't sacked for getting a bit lively in foreign climes (and one who was) just t prove things like this always happen - and generally happen far worse than the LFC episode...

Footballers behaving badly

Craig Bellamy's alleged misdemeanours in the Algarve continued a long tradition of team-bonding trips gone wrong

Paul Doyle
Monday February 19, 2007
Guardian Unlimited

The logic behind Liverpool's mid-season excursion to the Algarve may be as questionable as many of Rafael Benitez's signings, but the fact is the Spaniard was merely following in a long-established tradition by taking his players on a foreign break. In theory, a holiday in the sun tans tired limbs and improves team bonding; alas, the practice is frequently different, with piss-ups turning to punch-ups, bonding being an angry headlock and bodies returning not so much golden brown as black and blue. Below we recall five of English clubs' more troublesome trips abroad, in chronological disorder.

Article continues
1. Niall Quinn's disco pants are a mess
Peter Reid has had lots of bad ideas as a manager but his decision to take Manchester City on a pre-season trip to Italy in 1992 was one of the worst. On one drunken day, the players stumbled across an empty boxing ring and decided to stage their very own royal rumble. A few playful slaps were exchanged until beanpole striker Niall Quinn landed an unintentionally brutal one on midfield hardman Steve McMahon. The striker scarpered and forgot all about the incident until McMahon found him gyrating in a nightclub later that evening - and decked him. Fortified by rage and booze, Quinn chased his team-mate into the street, caught him and threw him through a shop window. Then scarpered again. The following morning, Reid summoned the pugilists and demanded to know what had happened: McMahon, who had no memory of the events, took full blame and paid for the broken window.

2. Stanley Collymore gets into another fine mess
It's February 2000 and perennial bad boy Stanley Victor Collymore is enjoying something of a comeback under the gentle wing of Leicester manager Martin O'Neill. Ten days after scoring a hat-trick on his Foxes debut, the striker is in high spirits on the team's mid-season jolly to the luxurious La Manga resort in Spain. As booze begins to flow, the team's behaviour becomes, in the words of resort manager Tony Coles, "totally and utterly unacceptable", but Stan ensures his is the name that dominates the front-page headlines by taking a fire extinguisher and spraying it around the bar. The whole team is sent home early. Four years later Leicester return to La Manga without Collymore but are again sent home early - though three players are kept behind by the local police to face charges of sexual assault. The charges are subsequently dropped.

3. Arsenal v US Marines
Arch-disciplinarian George Graham took his Arsenal troops on a break to Portugal in the middle of the 1986-87 season, unwittingly setting the scene for the Battle of the Birds. Six Gunners marched into a local nightclub and soon found themselves arguing over girls with a gang of US Marines. The footballers were chucked out but the soldiers followed them in a car, almost running them off the road. Enraged striker Charlie Nicholas hurled a bottle of vodka, which he happened to have on his person, at the car, smashing the windscreen and causing the Americans to career off the road. After fleeing back to the team hotel, the players were awoken the next morning by the local constabulary and, according to Perry Groves, the following message was sent to Graham, who was on the 17th tee of a nearby golf course: "Mr Graham, half your team have been arrested for attempted murder." A panic-stricken Graham pegged it to the police station and, after negotiations, the Marines eventually settled for £2,000.

4. Manchester City's Bangkok-up
City went to Thailand in 2005 to play in a pre-season tournament and engage in some lucrative public relations with the growing Asian market. Upon returning from a restaurant in the early hours of a Friday morning, however, Joey Barton got a bit too hands-on with a wisecracking 15-year-old Everton fan; he then took a swipe at team captain and would-be peacekeeper Richard Dunne, who was so incensed that he kicked a wall in frustration and broke his toe. Barton was sent home in disgrace, Dunne hobbled home in plaster.

5. Dennis Wise Finnished at Leicester
Whatever Leicester defender Callum Davidson was dreaming of as he slept in his room during his club's pre-season tour of Finland in September 2002, it can't have been as horrendous as the nightmare he awoke to: new team-mate Dennis Wise had broken into his room and punched him in the face, fracturing his jaw. Over a game of cards. Wise was sacked. Wise then sued for unfair dismissal but, like his Leeds team now, lost.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #340 on: February 20, 2007, 12:34:42 pm »
Fracas can lift Reds!

Feb 20 2007

by Ian Rush, Liverpool Echo

A FRACAS before a major European game is nothing new at Liverpool. In fact, I was involved in a bust-up before one of the biggest matches I ever played - the 1984 European Cup final.

Joe Fagan took us to Israel to prepare for the match with Roma. There was an incident where I was walking along with a few of the lads and I tripped over.

My mate, David Hodgson, claimed he’d seen someone push me and it all kicked off with the two of us accusing one of the lads of doing it.

The pair of us were brought before the manager and told we were out of order. At the time it seemed a big deal, but it was a bit of bother over nothing.

Over the next few days, the training seemed to be even better because we were all worked up. If anything, letting off a bit of steam did us the world of good.

I don’t know what’s gone on in Portugal in midweek, but if there were bust-ups it’s not unique or surprising.

If you’ve a squad of 16 or so young lads together, you can’t expect them all to get on. When I was playing there were lads I didn’t like and who didn’t like me.

That was all forgotten once we went on the pitch. It’s one for all and all for one then, but don’t get the idea everyone is mates off the pitch just because they play for the same team.

It amazes me when anyone thinks the football business is any different to any place of work.

I’ll bet there are people reading this who work in offices, building sites or in factories who see people every day who they absolutely despise.

I hear stories all the time about office Christmas parties, when months of irritation with someone spills out after a few beers

It’s no different if you’re a player, except the media attention is far greater and there’s more responsibility not to make mistakes.

I actually feel a bit sorry for the modern players in this situation. If you as much as spit or swear in the wrong place, you can be on the front page of a newspapers. It seems the events in the Algarve were exaggerated because it makes a good story if Liverpool players are behaving badly, but I can’t see it being that bad.

It’s also unfortunate the likes of Craig Bellamy, Robbie Fowler and Jermaine Pennant have found their names linked with the trouble.

They’re easy targets, but from what I’ve heard over the last few days it was not much more than a few minor incidents being blown out of proportion.

I’ll bet Rafa Benitez is more upset that someone within the camp has gone running to the papers, particularly if he thinks a player is trying to deflect attention from himself to make Bellamy look bad.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liverpoolfc/0100news/tm_headline=fracas-can-lift-reds%2D%26method=full%26objectid=18648728%26siteid=50061-name_page.html
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #341 on: February 20, 2007, 01:04:54 pm »
Hope they can forget this kiddy shite and focus on the job at hand. Barcelona. Who apparently are also feeling the heat, because of tension in the ranks.
 :thumbup
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline shangtsung

• fucking thick
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • to be honest
« Reply #342 on: February 20, 2007, 01:08:19 pm »
Nice words, Rushy.
Watch your back.

Offline John Cush

• Boys Pen
« Reply #343 on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:00 pm »
The logic behind Liverpool's mid-season excursion to the Algarve may be as questionable as many of Rafael Benitez's signings.

Couldn't resist that little dig could he? He was probably sneering away to himself as he typed it.

Can't believe the fuss about such a minor thing. The media really do have it in for us these days and I'm getting a bit sick of it. I saw an absolute disgrace of an article yesterday comparing the incident to soccer violence, and he even mentioned Hillsborough as an example.

We're a great club and a credit to the game, we don't deserve this shit.

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: February 20, 2007, 01:18:47 pm »
Joe Fagan took us to Israel to prepare for the match with Roma. There was an incident where I was walking along with a few of the lads and I tripped over.

My mate, David Hodgson, claimed he’d seen someone push me and it all kicked off with the two of us accusing one of the lads of doing it.

The pair of us were brought before the manager and told we were out of order. At the time it seemed a big deal, but it was a bit of bother over nothing.

If you’ve a squad of 16 or so young lads together, you can’t expect them all to get on. When I was playing there were lads I didn’t like and who didn’t like me.

wonder who tripped up Rush. 

Aye, as Rushie says, even during our glory days, there will have been players in the team who despised each other.  I imagine Souness would have been a difficult one to have been friendly with.  Was there not something between him and Tommy Smith?  Or is my mem playing tricks.

Great interview BTW.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #345 on: February 20, 2007, 01:25:49 pm »
I've said it time and time again. We are the club, people love to hate. And it pisses me off that media always picks on us. >:(
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Big-Cisse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #346 on: February 20, 2007, 01:29:15 pm »
Couldn't resist that little dig could he? He was probably sneering away to himself as he typed it.

Can't believe the fuss about such a minor thing. The media really do have it in for us these days and I'm getting a bit sick of it. I saw an absolute disgrace of an article yesterday comparing the incident to soccer violence, and he even mentioned Hillsborough as an example.

This article?

http://sports.yahoo.com/sow/news?slug=ap-extratime&prov=ap&type=lgns

Fuckin joke.

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: February 20, 2007, 01:30:30 pm »
Was there not something between him and Tommy Smith?  Or is my mem playing tricks.

Sounes and Thompson didn't get on.

The Anfield Iron didn't like Emlyn Hughes.

I don't like Evertonians.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline caninecatcher

• Main Stander
« Reply #348 on: February 20, 2007, 01:34:14 pm »

Aye read a few of that Doyle's pieces of 'journalism'. Seems to be made up of about 30% new shite he comes up with while having a ciggie and 70% rehashed shite from previous articles plus a few digs about liverpool for good measure. sure he only gets to work when he realises there is an article that he needs to get done within the next hour.

Shows the state of football reporting in general to be honest. A lot of bluster about nothing not much analysis and a hell of a lot of glee when they can get their teeth into anything liverpool.

I've a hell of a lot more faith in Rafa sorting this out, which to be honest just seems like a group of lads getting rowdy after a few bevvies, rather than reading anything remotely true in the papers about it.
Fuck the S*n

Offline John Cush

• Boys Pen
« Reply #349 on: February 20, 2007, 01:34:42 pm »
Not too bothered about the media picking on us as long as it's justified and about our performances on the pitch, it comes with the territory when you're successful. It's when it's personal and vindictive that it becomes an issue, and it seems we are ripe for it these days.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #350 on: February 20, 2007, 01:37:19 pm »

Is Bellamy the Anfield- 5 -Iron? ;)
Justice for the 96.

Offline RedBoywonder

• The Big E
  • Legacy Fan
  • and could he play.....
« Reply #351 on: February 20, 2007, 01:39:11 pm »
Not too bothered about the media picking on us as long as it's justified and about our performances on the pitch, it comes with the territory when you're successful. It's when it's personal and vindictive that it becomes an issue, and it seems we are ripe for it these days.

What do you expect when the major sports writers are all Mancs.
Justice for the 96.

Offline caninecatcher

• Main Stander
« Reply #352 on: February 20, 2007, 01:45:24 pm »

Don't mean to go off topic but i think that this 'issue' shows how much they love it. For fucks sake just been on the Guardian's website and they have a poll on whether Bellamy should be offloaded!!!

http://football.guardian.co.uk/poll/0,,2017140,00.html

I think the journos out there need to get a grip. I know its only an opinion poll but surely there are more important things to do polls on such as the champions league results etc! It's like reading the 3am column in the mirror not football! Next it will probably be a poll on "should rafa wear chinos while in the dugout"   
Fuck the S*n

Offline The dude abides

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: February 20, 2007, 02:13:27 pm »

lol

aye, that's it - souness and thompson didn't get on....and with souness, it was hughes (and a few others i suspect).

Offline caninecatcher

• Main Stander
« Reply #354 on: February 20, 2007, 02:16:29 pm »
lol

aye, that's it - souness and thompson didn't get on....and with souness, it was hughes (and a few others i suspect).

with souness it was a few who did get on with him haha
Fuck the S*n

Offline wyburn

• Kemlynite
« Reply #355 on: February 20, 2007, 02:22:20 pm »
A lot of  holier than thou, angelic, cherubic whiter than white people visit this forum - do they not?

I mean some of the people on here talk as if they've never had a piss up, a bit of a scrap, or gotten into any kind of trouble without setting out to do so.

The unspoken, underlying judgement here, is that "they're paid X amount and should know better" - as if money is some kind of moral compass.

Absolute crap.  Get off your high horse, and move on.

it's not crap actually I haven't been in a fight since Junior school and I can't really see myself ever getting into another one.  Anybody who squares up to someone with a golf club because they feel that their pride was dented is an idiot plain and simple.   player's who get themselves in trouble will struggle maintaining form because they will have court cases/ injuries hanging over them, an observation that was levelled at Craig Douglas Bellamy after his last encounter with the law.  At todays prices no club can support a player who reduces his sell on value by being a prise plum.  No club can afford to keep a player who may also affect his team mates form or the ability of the team to stay focused on the games.

Offline caninecatcher

• Main Stander
« Reply #356 on: February 20, 2007, 02:27:03 pm »
it's not crap actually I haven't been in a fight since Junior school and I can't really see myself ever getting into another one.  Anybody who squares up to someone with a golf club because they feel that their pride was dented is an idiot plain and simple.   player's who get themselves in trouble will struggle maintaining form because they will have court cases/ injuries hanging over them, an observation that was levelled at Bellamy after his last encounter with the law.  At todays prices no club can support a player who reduces his sell on value by being a prise plum.  No club can afford to keep a player who may also affect his team mates form or the ability of the team to stay focused on the games.

true no club can afford to keep a player like that but how much do we actually know about the situation?? the story changes more often than david cameron's policies do. i congratulate you upon never having a fight since junior school but it's sad to say that i'm sure bellamy isn't the only one to have had a fight post school days in the squad.
Fuck the S*n

Offline Raftastic

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #357 on: February 20, 2007, 02:29:28 pm »
it's not crap actually I haven't been in a fight since Junior school and I can't really see myself ever getting into another one.  Anybody who squares up to someone with a golf club because they feel that their pride was dented is an idiot plain and simple.   player's who get themselves in trouble will struggle maintaining form because they will have court cases/ injuries hanging over them, an observation that was levelled at Bellamy after his last encounter with the law.  At todays prices no club can support a player who reduces his sell on value by being a prise plum.  No club can afford to keep a player who may also affect his team mates form or the ability of the team to stay focused on the games.

Yeah boot them all out,i don't want men with spirit playing for my club i want my club to be full of pussies  and maybe follow the Marsaille example al la boot out arguably your greatest ever player because he's a bit of a hot head.

(edit) i was not claiming that Bells is one of our greatest ever players.

Offline LFC on tour

• Lawn Mower.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: February 20, 2007, 03:55:03 pm »
A couple of lads had a disagreement with each other and the locals whilst boozing on holiday. Shock Horror.

Worse things have happened in this club, move on.

Offline alfonso

• Simply adores orange squash. With not one, not two either, but yea verily with three, that is correct, THREE ice cubes therein! Do not forget his straw though.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Salford - crime capital of England
« Reply #359 on: February 20, 2007, 04:59:53 pm »
A question for you all...

Ian Rush scored 49 goals in all competitions (plus a penalty in the european cup fnal) in 1983/84.

The summer before, he was in a huge fist fight, in the middle of the street, in IIRC Greece, with several of his teammates (including Alan Kennedy and Ronnie Whelan). The fight had to be broken up by Mr Smith ans Moss, directors of the club, who were then drunkenly abused by all the players. When called up before Bob Paisely the next day, they all (sporting black eyes, cuts and bruises) denied they had been fighting, and, still a bit drunk, laughed in the managers face.

Should he have been sacked and ran out of the club?

Weren't Ray Kennedy and Jimmy case offloaded because of their fracas in a pub in wales with the locals?
I seem to remember over the years this was talked about.
Although not related to a bust-up I also remember Clemo having something to do with Tom O'Conner's daughter or something.
"I know Liverpool fans care more about their club's success than the national team." Rafael Benitez

"Still we've had the hard times too - one year we finished second." Bob Paisley

"When zonal marking goes wrong, the system is blamed. When man-to-man marking fails, an individual is blamed and the system goes uncriticised." A LFC fan talking sense