Author Topic: Top Gear  (Read 470767 times)

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Top Gear (life after Clarkson, Hammond and May)
« Reply #5240 on: March 28, 2018, 11:33:48 pm »
I prefer it without the terrible clothes and casual racism.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5241 on: April 1, 2018, 01:45:05 pm »
Just watching last weeks episode, that soft c*nt in the Cactus, following them in the tractor, almost head ond an Audi and was having a fit cos he couldn't get past. What a wanker.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5242 on: April 2, 2018, 12:24:47 pm »
Not a great advert for the new Alpine A110 . Chris Harris and Eddie Jordan were lucky to survive this

Jurgen YNWA

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5243 on: April 2, 2018, 02:20:13 pm »
Not a great advert for the new Alpine A110 . Chris Harris and Eddie Jordan were lucky to survive this

Really ugly car when it wasn't on fire, especially the rear end.

This is a good show now, those three pompous pricks are just a memory, shame that was the last of the series.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5244 on: April 2, 2018, 02:25:25 pm »
Really ugly car when it wasn't on fire, especially the rear end.

This is a good show now, those three pompous pricks are just a memory, shame that was the last of the series.

Yeah I didn't like it either.

Agree on the show, it's far better with the current presenters, but I'd still like to see more use of Sabine.  The BBC could do with commissioning a longer series, it seems to go past so quickly.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5245 on: April 2, 2018, 02:31:34 pm »
Yeah I didn't like it either.

Agree on the show, it's far better with the current presenters, but I'd still like to see more use of Sabine.  The BBC could do with commissioning a longer series, it seems to go past so quickly.
Should be at least a 10 episode series, 6 is fuck all.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5246 on: April 2, 2018, 03:32:55 pm »
Chris Harris and Eddie Jordan were lucky to survive this

Don't be dramatic  ;D

Really enjoying these 3, much better now they've sacked off the regular use of Jordan and Sabine (presenting, having her driving sometimes is excellent as she's fucking mad). Shame it's only a 6 part series, wayyyy too short.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5247 on: April 2, 2018, 08:31:05 pm »
Don't be dramatic  ;D

Really enjoying these 3, much better now they've sacked off the regular use of Jordan and Sabine (presenting, having her driving sometimes is excellent as she's fucking mad). Shame it's only a 6 part series, wayyyy too short.

Dunno, as Harris said, he only knew the car was on fire when he opened the door and the flames went up his arm. The car appeared to go up very quickly and it was totally destroyed, if they had sat there trying to work out what was wrong with the car or the flames had started a bit earlier, it could have been really nasty.

Jurgen YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5248 on: April 2, 2018, 08:49:45 pm »
Yeah if they’d had sat in a burning car for a while longer then maybe they’d had been lucky to survive.

They got out with plenty of time to spare, even if it did go up fairly quick (although this was edited).

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5249 on: April 4, 2018, 12:37:45 pm »
It's OK. It's watchable, but mostly because they shamelessly ape the Clarkson-Wilman programme model and style.

Not a patch on the peak Top Gear era of several years ago - before Clarkson & Hammond especially began to over-act and the same stereotype became more stale the more it was over-emphasised.

The interplay between le Blanc, Harris & Reid isn't anywhere near as entertaining. Le Blanc is OK as a presenter, but to me Harris comes across as snide, and Reid like he feels he doesn't belong.

Saying that, TGT has been mostly poor from the episodes I've seen so far (most of s1, one or two from s2); more of Clarkson & Co being their over-emphasised caricatures and it seems over-scripted. Throw in some cringey toilet-humour and obvious-five-minutes-before-they-say-it jokes, and it's been a disappointment. Clarkson has always had a knack with metaphors and still comes out with the odd pearler, but it's not enough to save it.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #5250 on: April 4, 2018, 01:24:00 pm »
I watched an old episode of TG on Dave this week, the one where they go to St Petersburg for a race. Soft shite Clarkson acting like a tit as usual in the Hovercraft, but it was watch-able and in some parts enjoyable. Yes they got a bit big for their boots, but you cant argue that what they did have was on-screen chemistry, something the news presenters havent got.....yet.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5251 on: October 22, 2018, 08:14:24 am »
Now the life after LeBlanc thread

Paddy McGuinness and Andrew Flintoff will now be the new faces of the show alongside Chris Harris

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-45937945

Rory Reid will be stepping down from a presenting role but will still be a part of the show alongside Sabine Schmitz.

No Likey? No Lighty

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #5252 on: October 22, 2018, 08:16:17 am »
Oh dear... oh dear oh dear...

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5253 on: October 22, 2018, 09:09:10 am »
Blimey... would be amazed if it worked but hey... can't judge till you've seen.

Clarkson, May and Hammond must be laughing their rocks off though
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5254 on: October 22, 2018, 09:39:18 am »
I think this is one of the worst casting decisions I’ve ever seen.

Flintoff and McGuiness are boarish oafs.  They know nothing about cars.

The original trio were playing the part of boarish oafs but knew huge amounts about cars, and crucially.. could actually write stuff that was good..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5255 on: October 22, 2018, 09:44:41 am »
Shocking decision.

So the only car stuff will be Harris and Flintoff being the lad and McGuinness with shite jokes and ad libs.

They missed the boat not getting Henry Catchpole from Carfection on Youtube, with Harris he's the best car reviewer out there.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Tber4uD-G8Q&amp;t" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Tber4uD-G8Q&amp;t</a>
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 09:47:08 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5256 on: October 22, 2018, 09:49:00 am »
Ha, good god that is absolutely awful.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5257 on: October 22, 2018, 10:43:32 am »
This show has surely had its day now hasn’t it?

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #5258 on: October 22, 2018, 11:34:19 am »
Sounds like Cliff Thorburn and Sue Cook must have pulled out.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5259 on: October 22, 2018, 11:37:56 am »
I actually don't mind Flintoff that much and think he could be pretty decent if he's got a semi-decent knowledge of cars. Not a huge fan of the way McGuinness presents any shows I've seen him on. Maybe he'll tone it down a little for this - I certainly hope so.

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5260 on: October 22, 2018, 12:00:30 pm »
Wow Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness, that's a throwback to a simpler time. Are they just gonna call it "LADS ON TOUR"?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #5261 on: October 22, 2018, 12:08:02 pm »
I actually don't mind Flintoff that much and think he could be pretty decent if he's got a semi-decent knowledge of cars. Not a huge fan of the way McGuinness presents any shows I've seen him on. Maybe he'll tone it down a little for this - I certainly hope so.

We all thought Evans would tone it down. It'll be shite :D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5262 on: October 22, 2018, 12:58:30 pm »
While you can understand them wanting a celeb as the main presenter alongside a couple of car guys, demoting Rory back to extra gear to make room for two of them seems such an idiotic move on their part, it isn't like it will bring in any extra audience and will probably lose them a fair amount of the existing one.

Good news for Clarkson etc as they will be able to pickup the rights to the Stig quite cheaply when the BBC cancel Top Gear.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5263 on: October 22, 2018, 03:08:26 pm »
I look forwards to the next series and I will give the following one a go, but right now I'm wary to say the least.
Jurgen YNWA

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5264 on: October 22, 2018, 03:21:19 pm »
Give it to Doug Demuro

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5265 on: October 22, 2018, 03:35:21 pm »
Give it giggseh... couldn’t be worse that these two...
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #5266 on: October 22, 2018, 04:23:47 pm »

That's bang out of order.

As a mate of mine commented when he sent me the story on Whatsapp this morning: "It's 100% Jacamo"
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5267 on: October 22, 2018, 06:03:03 pm »

:D That’s the pairing they should have gone for.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5268 on: October 22, 2018, 06:10:36 pm »
:D That’s the pairing they should have gone for.

It's obvious who they should have gone for:

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #5269 on: October 26, 2018, 11:35:58 am »
Wow Flintoff and Paddy McGuinness, that's a throwback to a simpler time. Are they just gonna call it "LADS ON TOUR"?

Trying to recreate a bit of the 'League of Their Own' lad culture. But that works because of the different style of characters. Flintoff and McGuinness (who gets on my tits) are too similar.

It's just going to be the car guy trying to keep them in check and make some car-related comments, whilst FF & PM dick around like 14 year olds after a bottle of Merrydown. It needed just one of them two, plus someone with a different dynamic.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5270 on: October 26, 2018, 11:44:49 pm »
Wool Gear

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5271 on: November 2, 2018, 03:41:02 am »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5272 on: November 2, 2018, 04:43:57 pm »
He would be excellent.

Not sure of his presenting prowess but certainly for a 'side' presenter

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5273 on: February 10, 2019, 06:17:56 pm »
New series starts next Sunday
Jurgen YNWA

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5274 on: February 20, 2019, 03:37:50 pm »
Sabine is the best thing about this show. She's nuts.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5275 on: May 3, 2019, 11:17:03 pm »
Just started in the US
Time to bin the entire cast off, apart from Sabine. Only up to episode 2 and it really is poor. Shockingly bad to be honest

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5276 on: June 16, 2019, 10:54:25 pm »
Ok......

I’ve just realised that one of the great things about top gear was that it often became a travel programme which let you see bits of a country you wouldn’t normally see in a programme because they were in cars...

New series of top gear, new team (very much so so on them), but the bits in Ethiopia were just stunning. And it was Ethiopia as a beautiful country full of rich heritage, (a shame they had to even mention the famine as an aside). Seldom is Africa portrayed in such a positive way on TV

And it was worth it for that alone.

unexpectedly uplifting.
W

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5277 on: June 17, 2019, 12:37:29 am »
Ok......

I’ve just realised that one of the great things about top gear was that it often became a travel programme which let you see bits of a country you wouldn’t normally see in a programme because they were in cars...

New series of top gear, new team (very much so so on them), but the bits in Ethiopia were just stunning. And it was Ethiopia as a beautiful country full of rich heritage, (a shame they had to even mention the famine as an aside). Seldom is Africa portrayed in such a positive way on TV

And it was worth it for that alone.

unexpectedly uplifting.

It was great,brought back a lot of memories from my times working over there,we used to go out exploring on our odd days off.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #5278 on: June 17, 2019, 09:14:31 am »
Didn't watch last night, I am not exactly sure why but since he packed in Cricket he has been on numerous TV shows and I just find Flintoff annoying.

That said under Clarkson, Hammond & May it just felt like school kids playing with big toys, so maybe I should give it a try.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5279 on: June 17, 2019, 10:14:36 am »
I enjoyed it more than I thought I would, certainly more than the last presenting team. Very much went back to the old format.