Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1911256 times)

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • THE REAL TRUTH- "Liverpool fans were not to blame"
Re: UFC/MMA thread.
« Reply #520 on: April 9, 2008, 09:47:14 am »
That Tommy Speers took one serious beating. Nasty.

He was under pressure in TUF and could have/should have tapped but kept on going for the wins but I was shocked at how his ass was kicked. Could "Rumble" be a serious contender in the future??
Quote from: macca888 link=topic=276522
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #521 on: April 9, 2008, 09:51:31 am »
Anyone see any of the fights from UFN 13? It's on Bravo this Sunday if you haven't yet. Had everything really. Someone celebrating then finishing his opponent etc. Some clips below.

Spoiler
Tommy Speer got absolutely DESTROYED. Up there with Silva-Leben.

Houston Alexander losing in 8 seconds...

Diaz's fight.

[close]

I like Nate Diaz - what a way to finish a fight.

I was gutted for Joe Lauzon losing to K-Flo. Although K-Flo was in a dominant position and was striking very few, if any, seemed to be getting through and there was hardly a mark on Joe's face. I know the ref said fight back but in that position I would cover up and hold on rather than take my hands away and strike back.
Came to this thread a bit late, but from what I've read, the real relationship trouble is not between you and your girl, but between you and a small box of Tampax. You obviously need something more substantial in your life like a huge Costco sized box of jam rags, seeing as you're such a massive fucking quim

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #522 on: April 10, 2008, 12:31:41 am »
I only just found out one of my favourite UFC fighters Renato Sobral has been released for choking out David Heath after the ref called the fight, gutted over that was always a good fighter to watch.
Cant wait to see who else goes through in The Ultimate Fighter, so far judging by what ive seen of some of the fighters it looks like CB Dollaway, Gerald Harris and Jeremiah Riggs are probably the contenders to win this season.
That Paul Bradley v Reggie Orr fight was funny seeing Dana White kicking off because all Bradley done for 10 minutes was lay on top of Orr and punch him in the Kidneys every now and again haha, what a way to win your place into the TUF house, imagine if he wins the Competition haha!

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: April 10, 2008, 12:41:31 am »
Yeah, that was about 8 months ago, he's fought in another promotion since.

Anyway, he deserved to be kicked out. It was a c*nt's trick, speaking of which, Manny Gamburyan criticised Babalu at the time yet thinks it's alright to do this...

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #524 on: April 10, 2008, 12:49:42 am »
Yeah, that was about 8 months ago, he's fought in another promotion since.

Anyway, he deserved to be kicked out. It was a c*nt's trick, speaking of which, Manny Gamburyan criticised Babalu at the time yet thinks it's alright to do this...

Thats dirty that! Proper cheap shot, just like shaking hands with your opponent and chinning him with the other hand!
Mind due Gamburyan is only about 3'2 tall isnt he? :D
I hate his cousin Karo Parisyan he is a c*nt of the highest order, see him giving it the big I AM on TUF6?

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #525 on: April 10, 2008, 01:41:13 am »
Yep, I don't like him either. It was him and Nate Diaz squaring up to each other I think wasn't it...

Anyway I guess you enjoyed seeing him lose the other day if you saw it...

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: April 10, 2008, 09:48:26 am »
Yep, I don't like him either. It was him and Nate Diaz squaring up to each other I think wasn't it...

Anyway I guess you enjoyed seeing him lose the other day if you saw it...

Both Manny and Karo are wankers and it was good to see him lose.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #527 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:37 am »
Karo never looks in shape, always looks fleshy, it's not a modelling contest and he obviously has better Judo skills that anyone out there but it's his profession, you would think he would be more trim  :-\

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: April 10, 2008, 01:30:47 pm »
Like Fedor and BJ Penn? ;)

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #529 on: April 10, 2008, 01:37:14 pm »
Like Cabbage Correia or Tank Abbott lol!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: April 10, 2008, 01:55:32 pm »
Like Fedor and BJ Penn? ;)

No nothing like that especially Penn lately

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No one on the corner got a swagger like me
« Reply #531 on: April 10, 2008, 01:59:03 pm »
Is Ken Shamrocks son any good? I dont know many fighters like, so ill list the ones I know of and you more clued up chaps can tell me how they are getting on etc

Ken Shamrock & His son ;D
Chuck Liddell (I like him)
The Graceys
Ian Freeman (I worked on the doors for him a few year ago, thought he would be unstoppable but people tell me hes not that good?)
Tito Ortiz
Mirra, 7777 wake up the thread needs you!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: April 10, 2008, 02:06:17 pm »
Is Ken Shamrocks son any good? I dont know many fighters like, so ill list the ones I know of and you more clued up chaps can tell me how they are getting on etc

The Graceys
Ian Freeman (I worked on the doors for him a few year ago, thought he would be unstoppable but people tell me hes not that good?)
Tito Ortiz

Ken Shamrock lost his 3rd fight against Tito Ortiz. He fought in one of the recent Cage Rage tournaments in the UK and got knocked out. Don't know about his son.
Chuck Liddell is trying to get back his UFC Light Heavyweight title having lost twice to Rampage Jackson who appears to have his number.
Don't know about the Graceys.
Ian Freeman is going to fight in a Cage Rage sometime soon. Had a few fights in the UFC and did OK but not great.
Tito Ortiz was the man a few years ago but I think the hype got to him and it seems that the powers that be in the UFC do not like him and he is due to have his last UFC fight soon.

Hope that helps and maybe some of the others in here might have more/better information.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: April 10, 2008, 02:38:53 pm »

The Graceys
Tito Ortiz

Maybe you mean his brother? Frank Shamrock. He's a legend in the sport as far as i know, more so than Ken. Gave it up at one stage, he's back fighting in EliteXC now and lost there a week ago to Cung Le in a great fight.

Chuck gets a lot of stick from the "hardcore" mma fans. Probably because he's pretty one dimensional as far as MMA goes. The way i see it, he's got so much power in his hands that he doesn't really need to do much else other than sprawl and punch. Personally, i love to watch him fight. And for my money the most powerful puncher in the Sport.

Ortiz seems to be done with the Sport, seems more interested in building his name into a brand now. He has one fight left on his contract, one he'll probably lose imo.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 05:16:33 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: April 10, 2008, 05:08:28 pm »
I don't mind Liddell but not his biggest fan. Wanted Wanderlei to beat him anyway. Also don't like the way he's constantly slagging off Fedor either.

As for Ken Shamrock, I think he threw his last fight. Quite sad really, time for him to retire. But I fail to see any other explanation for it. Basically went down off a jab. Judge for yourselves here (not the best video). Seeing as they've both lost, I wonder if the two Shamrocks will fight each other now. Doubt it but who knows.

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 10, 2008, 08:59:04 pm »
I don't mind Liddell but not his biggest fan. Wanted Wanderlei to beat him anyway. Also don't like the way he's constantly slagging off Fedor either.

As for Ken Shamrock, I think he threw his last fight. Quite sad really, time for him to retire. But I fail to see any other explanation for it. Basically went down off a jab. Judge for yourselves here (not the best video). Seeing as they've both lost, I wonder if the two Shamrocks will fight each other now. Doubt it but who knows.

I remember staying up to watch that fight and thinking what a load of bollocks. I think that guy had heavy hands and Shamrock didn't want to know after a few slaps. He came over and probably picked up a decent wedge of cash and made it look as if he was trying to win. With his WWE experience that wouldn't be too difficult. Can't see him getting any more fights after that...

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #536 on: April 10, 2008, 09:55:11 pm »
For me Fedor vs Silvia will be awsome. Cant wait till july!.

Silvias best chance against fedor will be to not try standup against him, and also not go to ground. Dont grapple with him, dont punch him and dont try kicks. Infact, just dont fight him is the best advice anyone could give to tim.
http://www.musclefood.com/AH6059
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #537 on: April 10, 2008, 09:59:43 pm »
Tim Sylvia isn't an easy fight, for anyone. Of course you'd still heavily favour Fedor but it's not a fight i'd put money on. Great to see Fedor fight some decent competition for a change though.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #538 on: April 10, 2008, 10:27:55 pm »
Time to see how good Fedor really is.

People keep going on about him being the best in the world but is he really?

Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Mirra

• The Cock of RAWK. desperately seeking two fat ladies. His ass found glass in the grass.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: April 10, 2008, 10:57:39 pm »
Ken Shamrock lost his 3rd fight against Tito Ortiz. He fought in one of the recent Cage Rage tournaments in the UK and got knocked out. Don't know about his son.
Chuck Liddell is trying to get back his UFC Light Heavyweight title having lost twice to Rampage Jackson who appears to have his number.
Don't know about the Graceys.
Ian Freeman is going to fight in a Cage Rage sometime soon. Had a few fights in the UFC and did OK but not great.
Tito Ortiz was the man a few years ago but I think the hype got to him and it seems that the powers that be in the UFC do not like him and he is due to have his last UFC fight soon.

Hope that helps and maybe some of the others in here might have more/better information.

Cheers mate. It did help ;D I wont even pretend to know anything about UFC or MMA, its not really my thing but I do enjoy watching it from time to time. Lot of skill involved in it and some very tough, very fit fighters in it, got to respect that like! I watched a video of Chuck Liddell and ive got to say he is the one i like best :) Hard puncher, especially his over hand right. Could do some serious damage if he caught you with it. Makes me wonder if Chuck is as one dimensional as a lot of people seem to think in UFC, how he would fair in a boxing ring. He certainly has the power, not sure about the skills needed to fight at the top level tho. Id be interested to see him give it a shot.

Cheers for the info regarding Freeman, I lost his phone number a while back, Hes another one who can really really bang, well he could when I worked with him. Seen him knock a lot of blokes out cold, not drunks or anything either. One night he floored 3 soilders who were getting arsey with us for not letting them in. One after the other! I thought he would go really far in UFC/MMA etc

I dont get one thing tho, is there different versions of UFC? Like what is Pride? A lad who I normally have a drink with brought a dvd round to mine before and we watched it while getting pissed, but it was crazy stuff. Not in a cage or anything but in a boxing ring and these blokes were stamping on their opponents heads, doing all kinds. Head butting when on the floor and that. I dont know what it was called like but im sure he said Pride? Could be wrong tho.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:35 pm »
Mirra, maybe you've heard about Anderson Silva and Roy Jones Jr. wanting to get in on in the boxing ring? Anderson Silva is the MW champ in the UFC. Both want to do the fight but Dana White won't let them.

Pride was just a different organisation and with slightly different rules, and Pride was in a ring rather than a cage. UFC bought them up so they are no more and most them guys are now in the UFC.

Just on Chuck and his punching power, how big a difference do the gloves make? I'd imagine you'd feel it a lot more in the UFC?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:04:14 pm by Bob Loblaw »

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #541 on: April 10, 2008, 11:05:01 pm »
Mirra, maybe you've heard about Anderson Silva and Roy Jones Jr. wanting to get in on in the boxing ring? Anderson Silva is the MW champ in the UFC. Both want to do the fight but Dana White won't let them.

Yeah Id heard about that, but I couldnt remember Silvas name! I read about it a few weeks ago. I think itd be a tough one that. Playing Roy Jones Jr at his own game is dangerous, albeit a past his best Jones, but at the end of the day he is one of the all time great boxing legends. I havent seen Silva fight before unless it was Silva who fought Chuck Liddell? Im sure that was one of the videos i watched on youtube?

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: April 10, 2008, 11:08:11 pm »
Yeah Id heard about that, but I couldnt remember Silvas name! I read about it a few weeks ago. I think itd be a tough one that. Playing Roy Jones Jr at his own game is dangerous, albeit a past his best Jones, but at the end of the day he is one of the all time great boxing legends. I havent seen Silva fight before unless it was Silva who fought Chuck Liddell? Im sure that was one of the videos i watched on youtube?

No, different Silva. Anderson is his first name. He's probably the most skilled fighter in the UFC now, very fluid and precise with is punching. Should check him out, excellent to watch. He'd probably manage a few rounds with Jones, hard to imagine any MMA fighter beating a top level boxer to be honest. And vice versa.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: April 10, 2008, 11:08:18 pm »

Pride was just a different organisation and with slightly different rules, and Pride was in a ring rather than a cage. UFC bought them up so they are no more and most them guys are now in the UFC.

Just on Chuck and his punching power, how big a difference do the gloves make? I'd imagine you'd feel it a lot more in the UFC?

Sorry bud, I quoted you before you edited the rest in ;D

I think your right there about the gloves in the UFC like. I dont know how many oz they are tho? A lad I know told me the gloves are just there so it isnt bareknuckle and itd be a media frenzy etc if they werent. He fights in that kind of stuff like but I dont know.

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 10, 2008, 11:11:35 pm »
No, different Silva. Anderson is his first name. He's probably the most skilled fighter in the UFC now, very fluid and precise with is punching. Should check him out, excellent to watch. He'd probably manage a few rounds with Jones, hard to imagine any MMA fighter beating a top level boxer to be honest. And vice versa.

Thats true yeah, thing with boxers is they cant punch from the floor, take one down and they are fucked. Id watch it if it happens tho, im a huge Jones fan, have been all his career. Ill check Silva out tho, is he more of a striker than a grappler then? I respect the skill involved in the grappling and that, but I just dont like to watch it.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: April 10, 2008, 11:17:08 pm »
Thats true yeah, thing with boxers is they cant punch from the floor, take one down and they are fucked. Id watch it if it happens tho, im a huge Jones fan, have been all his career. Ill check Silva out tho, is he more of a striker than a grappler then? I respect the skill involved in the grappling and that, but I just dont like to watch it.

Definitely more of a striker. His Muay Thai is crazy. Check out his clinch in the first vid, probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in the UFC. :D The second one is just him killing the same guy a second time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dm4bH0pshQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJgDDLAbtQ

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: April 10, 2008, 11:38:10 pm »
Time to see how good Fedor really is.

People keep going on about him being the best in the world but is he really?

He's fought some of the best competition in the world and has arguably not lost even a round.

So, yep.

His ranking may drop soon though admittedly as he hasn't fought top competition for a couple of years but that shouldn't be a problem now there's the Sylvia fight. Which hopefully he'll win.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 11:45:22 pm by realtarragona »

Offline ricflairandy

• moany grumbling in my day the club gave you gold coins grump of a moaning bastard honestly national service for Suarez and another thing...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #547 on: April 10, 2008, 11:40:06 pm »
I think hell submit silvia within a round.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline jason42

• .....aka jason23
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: April 10, 2008, 11:45:59 pm »
Sorry bud, I quoted you before you edited the rest in ;D

I think your right there about the gloves in the UFC like. I dont know how many oz they are tho? A lad I know told me the gloves are just there so it isnt bareknuckle and itd be a media frenzy etc if they werent. He fights in that kind of stuff like but I dont know.

I think the gloves are 4ox but I may be wrong.

Who do you fancy in the Calzaghe Hopkins fight?

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: April 10, 2008, 11:46:49 pm »
Definitely more of a striker. His Muay Thai is crazy. Check out his clinch in the first vid, probably the most beautiful thing I've seen in the UFC. :D The second one is just him killing the same guy a second time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dm4bH0pshQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cEJgDDLAbtQ

Got to say the first link especially was very enjoyable viewing! Impressive. Im going to keep an eye out for this fella in the future then. I like his style, I know how much a body shot in boxing hurts, never mind a body shot by some fuckers knee! Constantly!

Offline Mirra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: April 10, 2008, 11:51:24 pm »
I think the gloves are 4ox but I may be wrong.

Who do you fancy in the Calzaghe Hopkins fight?

Ive got to say I cant see how Hopkins can beat Calzaghe myself like. Calzaghe is too quick, too busy and has too high of a work rate for B Hop to do him. That said though I never normally go against Hopkins because everytime I have before he has made me look stupid! The Tito  Trinidad fight being the main example of that. Trinidad was the rising star, everyone was going on like he had already won the fight. B Hop made him look like a novice then knocked him out. Titos never been the same since!

Hopkins will make you fight every second of every round, Calzaghe needs to keep him on the outside for me like. Hopkins is what I call a jailhouse fighter, in America they have boxing in the prisons and the unwritten rule for fighters is never give an inch, never go backwards and do anything you possibly can on the inside to make sure you come out on top. B Hop knows all the tricks, Im not sure Joe will know how to handle that as he isnt really that sort of guy. But when alls said and done, I think im going for Calzaghe.

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: April 11, 2008, 04:12:41 am »
Just watched episode 2 of the Ultimate Fighter. Guy gets knocked out and then later on forgets he even had a fight, asking why he's got a broken jaw. Weird. Grade III Concussion apparently.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 04:15:06 am by realtarragona »

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #552 on: April 11, 2008, 09:12:44 am »
Just watched episode 2 of the Ultimate Fighter. Guy gets knocked out and then later on forgets he even had a fight, asking why he's got a broken jaw. Weird. Grade III Concussion apparently.

im bored of the ultimate fighter. Too much of Dana throwing out random f bombs to try and look hard. Watch the contender asia instead, its far better.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: April 11, 2008, 09:16:14 am »
im bored of the ultimate fighter. Too much of Dana throwing out random f bombs to try and look hard. Watch the contender asia instead, its far better.

I think this series might be decent just cos of the coaches

Offline ricflairandy

• Legacy Fan
  • Whoooooooooooooo!
« Reply #554 on: April 11, 2008, 12:14:10 pm »
I think this series might be decent just cos of the coaches

I thougt that, but from the first 2 eps, rampage just seems like hes half asleep.
4 chicken breasts free!

Offline Roberts LFC

• Has left the building
  • Kopite
« Reply #555 on: April 13, 2008, 02:34:08 am »

Mad shit that werent it?  What was the guys name Matthew Riddle? Sounds like a Kids TV Character, wouldnt think a little ginger haired geeky looking muppet could throw a punch like that, I thought it was a bit tasteless the way he was prancing around when the guy was knocked out cold though.
Im surprised Gerald Harris and Mike Marrello were matched up against each other considering they have quite impressive records, I thought they would try and pair them up against less experienced guys, shame Jeremiah Riggs never got through as well.
Looks like it could be a great season looking at the preview at the end, Forrest Griffin looks to be a laid back guy but I think his coaching could see a different side to him judging by the previews.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #556 on: April 20, 2008, 03:57:36 am »
Great Bouts so far in 83

Offline realtarragona

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: April 20, 2008, 04:02:23 am »
Spoiler
Made up Bisping won. Always nervous watching him because of his style. McCarthy deserved that though the cocky idiot.
[close]

Offline FernandoTorrestieri

• Kopite
« Reply #558 on: April 20, 2008, 04:09:53 am »
Spoiler
Made up Bisping won. Always nervous watching him because of his style. McCarthy deserved that though the cocky idiot.
[close]

I FULLY AGREE. I was neutral at first but that garbage McCarthy pulled turned me.

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: April 20, 2008, 04:21:37 am »
What happened? Was watching the Calzaghe fight.