Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1910048 times)

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30800 on: September 10, 2023, 06:32:16 am »
MMA math not adding up for that one. How hell did Strickland just comfortably outpoint Adesanya?

Issy just dipped out on his press conference as well.

Strickland won Round 1 for sure, probably round 3, and maybe round 5. I guess the judges thought he won round 4, too? Because he definitely didn't win round 2.

Strickland- 1, 3, 4, 5
Adesanya- 2

Not sure I entirely agree with the score, but I agree with the decision. Strickland kept moving forward, blocked the majority of leg kicks and punches, and anytime there was a sliver of excitement (there wasn't much in this fight), it was because of a Strickland strike. Adesanya appeared to think being a massive betting favourite was enough to win the fight; he never seemed to find his rhythm and was on his heels the entire time.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30801 on: September 10, 2023, 06:50:20 am »
Strickland won Round 1 for sure, probably round 3, and maybe round 5. I guess the judges thought he won round 4, too? Because he definitely didn't win round 2.

Strickland- 1, 3, 4, 5
Adesanya- 2

Not sure I entirely agree with the score, but I agree with the decision. Strickland kept moving forward, blocked the majority of leg kicks and punches, and anytime there was a sliver of excitement (there wasn't much in this fight), it was because of a Strickland strike. Adesanya appeared to think being a massive betting favourite was enough to win the fight; he never seemed to find his rhythm and was on his heels the entire time.

I’ve got no problem with the scorecards the only round I struggled to score was round 3 but looks like Strickland edged that in the judges mind with his constant pressure, which is fair enough.

By MMA math I meant Issy is comfortably top 3 strikers in UFC history and Sean just beat him on the feet with ease. I don’t think there would’ve been anyone predicting that before the fight.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30802 on: September 10, 2023, 09:29:38 am »
About time Adesanya was punished for his gun-shy approach in every fight.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30803 on: September 10, 2023, 10:25:53 am »
How do you go from knocking out Perreira in your last bout to barely throwing a punch in anger and getting outscored by Strickland. Huge upset, well done Strickland but Izzy was way off it
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #30804 on: September 10, 2023, 04:20:10 pm »
I’ve got no problem with the scorecards the only round I struggled to score was round 3 but looks like Strickland edged that in the judges mind with his constant pressure, which is fair enough.

By MMA math I meant Issy is comfortably top 3 strikers in UFC history and Sean just beat him on the feet with ease. I don’t think there would’ve been anyone predicting that before the fight.

Ah, I get you. Over-confidence, maybe? Like I said, the betting odds was one of the largest discrepancies I've seen. -650/+475. That's just crazy numbers. Someone made a LOT of money last night.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30805 on: September 22, 2023, 05:44:31 pm »
Don't know if anyone here's into Muay Thai but do yourselves a favour and watch the Rodtang vs Superlek fight that just happened, it was an absolute war.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30806 on: September 22, 2023, 05:53:17 pm »
Pereira vs Prochazka confirmed, that should be an amazing fight.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #30807 on: September 23, 2023, 09:34:33 am »
Paddy pimblet Vs  tony Ferguson UFC 296

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30808 on: September 23, 2023, 10:03:25 am »
Paddy pimblet Vs  tony Ferguson UFC 296
Wonderboy vs Shavkat as well.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30809 on: September 23, 2023, 07:03:19 pm »
I

The main issue I think Paddy faces is just how good that division is as you climb the ranks
i think they might put him in with Ferguson in a few fights to test the up and comer against the fading warhorse?

Ahem....
+6 ticket exchange

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30810 on: September 23, 2023, 10:03:53 pm »
I wish Tony would call it a day, 6 defeats in a row and I'd hate to see that buffoon beat him and end his career.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30811 on: September 23, 2023, 10:15:33 pm »
I wish Tony would call it a day, 6 defeats in a row and I'd hate to see that buffoon beat him and end his career.

He had the 12-fight win streak now he’s going for the 12-fight loss streak. He looks so old and stiff now and you can tell he’s gonna be one of those fighters who carry on way longer than they should.

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30812 on: September 23, 2023, 10:17:28 pm »
No win situation here. He wins, UFC lets him carry on fighting. He loses, he damages his brain more and gives that little shithead Paddy bragging rights.

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #30813 on: October 1, 2023, 03:54:56 pm »
Ahem....

Got this weeks lottery numbers mate?  ;D
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #30814 on: October 2, 2023, 11:33:47 am »
Ahem....

Shout that

Makes sense all around too, if Paddy can’t get past Tony, the UFC are turning the dial right down on him

Would like to see them grapple tbf, both legit

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30815 on: October 11, 2023, 06:10:17 am »
Oliveira pulls out from the fight against Islam. Volkanovski steps in. Absolute warrior

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30816 on: October 11, 2023, 07:00:52 am »

credit needs to go to islam for not bailing out. volks is a way tougher match up but think both sides learnt from that fight and adjustments made. think both will be paid a decent chunk.

costa should be out after the surgery too. lets see which middleweight willing to take the wolf or are just twitter warriors. and its not even the wolf actual weight class.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30817 on: October 11, 2023, 08:24:12 am »
Oliveira must be seriously pissed off at his sparring partner. Just cost him a nice payday. Volk as usual an absolute warrior, wonder how this will play out with both fighters not really properly prepared for each other.

Feel like Costa is a bit of an idiot too, why get an elbow surgery so close to the fight? Could it not have waited? If not, why not tell the UFC so they can find a replacement

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30818 on: October 11, 2023, 10:12:50 pm »
And UFC does find a replacement, none other than Karamu Usman! What a crazy 24 hours. We just lost two good fights but had them replaced with two even better fights!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30819 on: October 11, 2023, 10:40:59 pm »
UFC end their partnership with USADA at the end of the year. No doubt this is related to the recent takeover. They were by no means perfect but still an independent body, let’s see who they replace them with.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30820 on: October 12, 2023, 01:41:26 am »
Pretty cool that we end up with two more intriguing fights in the space of 24 hours. I don’t think the short notice should effect Islam or Volk too much considering they only fought 8 months ago but it will be interesting to see what changes if any we see this time around.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30821 on: October 21, 2023, 06:04:22 pm »
Feels like that was a bit of playacting. Not even sure it hit his bollocks
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30822 on: October 21, 2023, 07:09:42 pm »
Feels like that was a bit of playacting. Not even sure it hit his bollocks

Just seen he’s gone for a scan! Must have popped a bollock or something by skimming it or moving the box… seemed like the kick was top of the thigh
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30823 on: October 21, 2023, 07:33:06 pm »
Any streams?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30824 on: October 21, 2023, 09:08:19 pm »
No doubt about it this time

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30825 on: October 21, 2023, 09:14:01 pm »
Feel gutted but for Volk but Islam is going by to be tough out for anyone over the next few years.

That head kick was set up beautifully with the kicks to the body early getting Volk to duck into that one at the end.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30826 on: October 21, 2023, 09:17:25 pm »
Islam really is in a league of his own right now, brilliant that. Love Volk I think he’s the real deal but theres no doubting the outcome here this time. Annoying for Volk having to come in on short notice but that was brilliant from Islam

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30827 on: October 21, 2023, 09:42:07 pm »

People ignore how good Islam’s striking his, he was better than Volk in striking in the first fight and left everyone with no doubts this time around

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30828 on: October 21, 2023, 10:20:32 pm »
That was a brutal head kick and the shots that followed were heavy. Hard to see Volk like that, he's a genuinely good guy

Chimaev got through a difficult test, he didn't really seem with it all week upto the fight

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30829 on: October 22, 2023, 09:23:41 am »
All the main card fights added together lasted just over 24 minutes. Was a bit of a disappointment overall, even factoring in the late changes.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #30830 on: October 22, 2023, 04:48:27 pm »
Turns out Walker's response which got the no contest ruling was "I'm in the desert" when asked where he was.

His second language, mid fight, and just taken a blow to the head and they want him to play geoguessr

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30831 on: October 24, 2023, 02:42:03 am »
dominant performance from islam. put to bed any thoughts of a trilogy if it was a close fight.

ankalaev fights always end up in a weird way. the cutelaba one which he put to bed in the second, then the draw with jan and now NC with walker. I do think that it deserves a rematch. and hopefully soon both fighters hardly any damage.

Kamaru and Volk really need to take rest and choose their battles wisely since they aren't getting younger.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30832 on: October 25, 2023, 06:21:04 am »
Jon Jones is out of the fight with Stipe due to injury

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30833 on: October 25, 2023, 11:25:48 am »
Pavlovich vs Aspinall should be a good fight

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30834 on: October 25, 2023, 02:22:41 pm »
Jon Jones is out of the fight with Stipe due to injury
For fuck sake.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30835 on: October 26, 2023, 12:55:41 am »
Pavlovich vs Aspinall should be a good fight
Two exceptional fighters, Aspinall has the edge in wrestling/grappling, but Pavolich has very heavy hands, could be an early night one way or the other.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30836 on: October 26, 2023, 12:42:16 pm »
Aspinall v Pavlovich is a much more intriguing fight. Not really sure I wanted to see Jones fight a 41-yr old Miocic coming off a KO loss two years ago.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #30837 on: November 11, 2023, 04:43:58 pm »
Who's everyone got tonight?

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30838 on: November 11, 2023, 07:26:54 pm »
What time is aspinal expected to fight I might get up to watch?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30839 on: November 11, 2023, 10:54:56 pm »
What time is aspinal expected to fight I might get up to watch?
Read somewhere between 4:30-5… depends on the other fights I guess but I’m off to bed and going to get up for the Aspinall fight.

Who's everyone got tonight?
Heres hoping Aspinall can get the job done, neither is going to die wondering.