Author Topic: UFC/MMA thread  (Read 1910218 times)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UFC/MMA thread
« Reply #30240 on: July 23, 2022, 11:58:26 pm »
2 of those 3 tweets are from 2019 to be fair.

I don’t think he’s racist, I just think he’s incredibly naive with his usage of social media and gets drawn into these arguments all the time.

The stuff from 2019 is clearly not great, not convinced it makes him akin to Frottage though, hopefully I’m not giving him the benefit of the doubt too much there.

2019 is only 3 years ago, hardly a generation. Not sure what there is to be fair about.
He'd have been 24. Again, not like he was an uneducated child.

The defence of him is bizarre and I really doubt people would be rushing to do so if he wasn't a Scouse Liverpool fan.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30241 on: July 24, 2022, 12:14:25 am »
2019 is only 3 years ago, hardly a generation. Not sure what there is to be fair about.

The defence of him is bizarre and I really doubt people would be rushing to do so if he wasn't a Scouse Liverpool fan.
Yeah, he wasn't a child, however, people can change their views as they mature.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #30242 on: July 24, 2022, 12:15:31 am »

My point is that digging up old tweets to make a point isn’t a great habit.

The fact he’s a scouse Liverpool fan I’m sure makes people more forgiving, that said, he does a lot for the city, a lot for food banks, he’s clearly got his head in the right place on subjects like mental illness and poverty so people are perhaps a bit more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The tweets themselves are clearly inexcusable, I’m not doubting that, I just don’t think a couple of tweets are enough to judge the man on when clearly he has a lot of redeeming qualities.

In an industry where you have c*nts like McGregor flaunting their wealth in peoples faces there’s a lot to like about someone like Pimblett and it’s enough to give me reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. If I’m wrong on that and he turns out to be a racist (which I’m sure will come up again if that’s the case) then I’ll be proven wrong.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30243 on: July 24, 2022, 12:18:16 am »

The fact he’s a scouse Liverpool fan I’m sure makes people more forgiving, that said, he does a lot for the city, a lot for food banks, he’s clearly got his head in the right place on subjects like mental illness and poverty so people are perhaps a bit more inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

The tweets themselves are clearly inexcusable, I’m not doubting that, I just don’t think a couple of tweets are enough to judge the man on when clearly he has a lot of redeeming qualities.

In an industry where you have c*nts like McGregor flaunting their wealth in peoples faces there’s a lot to like about someone like Pimblett and it’s enough to give me reason to give him the benefit of the doubt. If I’m wrong on that and he turns out to be a racist (which I’m sure will come up again if that’s the case) then I’ll be proven wrong.
McGregor does a hell of a lot of work for charity in Ireland, so it's a poor comparison to make, he made a massive donation to Irelands health services during Covid, and he is very upfront about things like mental health etc, yeah he'd wealthy and does flaunt it, but he hasn't forgotten his roots.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30244 on: July 24, 2022, 12:20:14 am »
McGregor does a hell of a lot of work for charity in Ireland, so it's a poor comparison to make, he made a massive donation to Irelands health services during Covid, and he is very upfront about things like mental health etc, yeah he'd wealthy and does flaunt it, but he hasn't forgotten his roots.

He also likes to sucker punch old men.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30245 on: July 24, 2022, 12:21:22 am »
He also likes to sucker punch old men.
I didn't say he's without fault, anything but.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30246 on: July 24, 2022, 12:23:50 am »

As I said, he recently addressed them and confirmed he still holds those views.

If it was a Chelsea fan saying the exact same things to John Barnes for example, not one single iota of leeway would be given, regardless of what they do for their city or anything else.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30247 on: July 24, 2022, 12:28:26 am »

If it was a Chelsea fan saying the exact same things to John Barnes for example, not one single iota of leeway would be given, regardless of what they do for their city or anything else.

I don’t necessarily disagree with you on that, but I’ve gone on record a few times saying that I absolutely hate when people use racism as a weapon to attack other fanbases (or whatever it might be).

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30248 on: July 24, 2022, 01:03:23 am »
Let's get this straight, if a poster on this site made those comments they'd rightly be banned. Anyone playing them down is a c*nt. He's a racist fucking xenophobe and those acting as an apologist for him are just as bad.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30249 on: July 24, 2022, 01:07:05 am »
Let's get this straight, if a poster on this site made those comments they'd rightly be banned. Anyone playing them down is a c*nt. He's a racist fucking xenophobe and those acting as an apologist for him are just as bad.
He gets a lot of leeway from Scousers as he's one of them, same can be said of McGregor who we'd try and back too.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30250 on: July 24, 2022, 01:07:08 am »

The problem is comparing Pimblett to people like Frottage. Frottage is a professional politician who actively sets out to divide people and propagate hatred. It worked, millions of people voted for Brexit largely based on the right wing vilification of immigrants. We then had that backed up by ex mining communities voting for a Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson led Tory party because he promised to get Brexit done.

Personally I think we shouldn't lump in the propaganda merchants like Frottage with the people they have duped.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30251 on: July 24, 2022, 01:09:17 am »
The problem is comparing Pimblett to people like Frottage. Frottage is a professional politician who actively sets out to divide people and propagate hatred. It worked, millions of people voted for Brexit largely based on the right wing vilification of immigrants. We then had that backed up by ex mining communities voting for a Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson led Tory party because he promised to get Brexit done.

Personally I think we shouldn't lump in the propaganda merchants like Frottage with the people they have duped.
He's definitely not in there with that fucker, no way.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30252 on: July 24, 2022, 01:10:28 am »
He gets a lot of leeway from Scousers as he's one of them, same can be said of McGregor who we'd try and back too.

You won't find me defending that McGregor rat. Most people i know detest him given his antics and rumoured accusations against him.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30253 on: July 24, 2022, 01:17:24 am »

I’m not sure anyone is playing them down.

I’ve just made the point that some Twitter remarks, no matter how poor, made years ago don’t necessarily make him a racist.

If he currently genuinely holds anti-immigrant views then he can rightly get to fuck, I doubt it’s the case though, I think he just comes across as a bit of a bell on Twitter and he’d be better off without an account on there.

If I’m wrong then I’ll hold my hands up, I just don’t think those comments are likely to be an accurate representation of him as a person.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30254 on: July 24, 2022, 01:17:27 am »
He's definitely not in there with that fucker, no way.

The issue is that people like Frottage and the right wing media have indoctrinated millions of people into believing their lies. Pimblett's views are sadly held by a sizeable chunk of the population. We need to educate the likes of Pimblett whilst targetting the likes of Frottage.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30255 on: July 24, 2022, 01:24:04 am »

I’ve just made the point that some Twitter remarks, no matter how poor, made years ago don’t necessarily make him a racist.

GET. TO. FUCK.

I'd be banned if i replied in the fashion I'd like to but ill simply say, you are an apologist.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30256 on: July 24, 2022, 01:41:10 am »
GET. TO. FUCK.

I'd be banned if i replied in the fashion I'd like to but ill simply say, you are an apologist.

I notice you’ve omitted the part of my post where I state ‘if I’m wrong I’ll hold my hands up’ and that if he actually holds those views he can get to fuck.

To be absolutely clear, I’m not apologising for anything, particularly as the behaviour in question was conducted by someone I’ve never even met.

I believe in education not vilification, there’s a reason brexit got voted through and it’s because it takes a few people to start a lie convincingly enough and millions believe it. If he’s had that education and chosen to ignore it then he’s a lost cause, I’ve no idea whether that’s the case or not because, again, I’ve never met him. Given his views on other issues and the company he seems to keep I’m personally of the belief it’s likely him being a twat on Twitter rather than illustrative of him being a racist or a Xenophobe, again, I could be wrong but we’ll once again go back to the point of me not knowing him so not being best placed to judge.

If we’re constantly at each other’s throats we’re feeding into exactly what the fuckers want, which is division and conquer.

You’re obviously welcome to disagree and if you want to label the lad a racist then that’s your right to do so, as it is mine to give him the benefit of the doubt (particularly as he’s quite recently faced similar criticism and flat out denied it).

I’ve no issue with you or anyone else disagreeing with me but I do take offence to being labelled an apologist as it quite clearly isn’t the case. If he genuinely holds those views then I’d be the last person to apologise for it.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #30257 on: July 24, 2022, 06:10:30 am »
I dont know about Paddy but Molly is annoying as fuck

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #30258 on: July 24, 2022, 11:07:53 am »
You won't find me defending that McGregor rat. Most people i know detest him given his antics and rumoured accusations against him.
Does anyone in Ireland actually like
Mcgregor? I know I despise him as do all my mates. I work all over the place and have heard a few first hand stories round dublin too about him. A total total scumbag who hit the jackpot. The fans he has seem to be mainly Irish Americans who either don’t know or don’t care what he’s really like as long as they can sing ole ole ole and wave tricolours at his fights.
YNWA

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30259 on: July 24, 2022, 11:11:14 am »
Does anyone in Ireland actually like
Mcgregor? I know I despise him as do all my mates. I work all over the place and have heard a few first hand stories round dublin too about him. A total total scumbag who hit the jackpot. The fans he has seem to be mainly Irish Americans who either don’t know or don’t care what he’s really like as long as they can sing ole ole ole and wave tricolours at his fights.

I know plenty up here that like him on both sides of the community. Pretty much everyone that is a proper UFC fan and not a fairweather spectator like myself.

I think he's a c*nt, but wouldn't go so far as saying I despise him. I don't care about him enough to despise him.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30260 on: July 24, 2022, 11:54:15 am »
Can't believe people are defending that c*nt because apparently he's a sound lad. I'm sure McGregor is also sound around his mates but he's still a c*nt towards other people. If Paddy was from Manchester or London, the people in here defending him would change their tune very quickly. Reeks of hypocrisy.

I dont know about Paddy but Molly is annoying as fuck
Yeah I find her proper annoying too, goes way too overboard with everything she does.

Offline Foster

• Anny Roader
« Reply #30261 on: July 24, 2022, 11:57:19 am »
What a message from Paddy. Disgraceful to see so many people on here drowning it out to try and come across as shining lights of humanity to internet strangers.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #30262 on: July 24, 2022, 12:08:32 pm »
What a message from Paddy. Disgraceful to see so many people on here drowning it out to try and come across as shining lights of humanity to internet strangers.

Think that's a touch unfair. Fair chance theres a lot of people who haven't seen his post-fight interview, and are simply reacting to the fact that this thread was bumped to the top of the board and has clearly been quite active.

Seems pointless trying to fall into absolutes anyway - maybe he's not just a stand up guy or a bellend...maybe he's a stand-up guy who acted like a bellend or maybe he's a bellend who spoke a heartfelt and commendable truth last night. Every single one of us exists in the grey area.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30263 on: July 24, 2022, 12:12:24 pm »
Think that's a touch unfair. Fair chance theres a lot of people who haven't seen his post-fight message, and are simply reacting to the fact that this thread was bumped to the top of the board and has clearly been quite active.

Seems pointless trying to fall into absolutes anyway - maybe he's not just a stand up guy or a bellend...maybe he's a stand-up guy who acted like a bellend or maybe he's a bellend who spoke a heartfelt and commendable truth last night. Every single one of us exists in the grey area.

I've seen his message, watched it live as he was saying it. I commented on it elsewhere but still think he's a c*nt.

I haven't seen anyone anywhere trying to drown out his message. Some soft fucking weirdos on the internet these days.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30264 on: July 24, 2022, 12:14:37 pm »

Exactly.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30265 on: July 24, 2022, 12:16:37 pm »
What a shame for Aspinall, he will be heavyweight champion one day this is just a set back for him. Good to see him and Blaydes having a beer together in the hotel last night as well. We’ll see where Blaydes goes from here but I doubt they’ll get a chance to run it back over the next year, Aspinall probably has the loser of Tuvasa and Gane early next year.

Also, I appreciate Craig is a black belt in BBJ, but that fight was awful he did absolutely nothing to try and set up those takedowns. Oezdemir wasn’t going any where near him when he pulled guard most of the fight. Like watching a Scottish Demian Maia! No doubt he’ll regret taking Oezdemir over Gustafasson after seeing him get finished so easily.

Online bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30266 on: July 24, 2022, 12:23:12 pm »

If he currently genuinely holds anti-immigrant views then he can rightly get to fuck, I doubt it’s the case though, I think he just comes across as a bit of a bell on Twitter and he’d be better off without an account on there.

If I’m wrong then I’ll hold my hands up, I just don’t think those comments are likely to be an accurate representation of him as a person.

‘Being racist doesn’t mean you’re racist’.

Offline DangerScouse

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30267 on: July 24, 2022, 12:33:37 pm »

Excellent message alright but I'm not sure targeting people on twitter because of their background and where they are from sets a good example.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30268 on: July 24, 2022, 12:35:53 pm »
‘Being racist doesn’t mean you’re racist’.

That’s not what I said.

John Barnes is quite good on this subject and puts across his point far better than I have done but what I’m getting at is that a lot of the time people who say or behave in a racist way don’t actually realise that it’s racist. The old adage of ‘I’m not racist but…’ is actually a fair reflection of a lot of society in that people don’t realise that their views are incorrect and completely unacceptable and thing that the accusation of prejudice applies to other people.

There is obviously a section of society of which there is no helping who are well aware of what their views represent and have no intention of ever changing, I think we all have an idea in our minds eye of the kind of people I’m talking about and the way to deal with those individuals is by harsh criminal punishment.

I would argue that a far greater problem is the much larger number of people who hold prejudicial opinion (whether it’s racist,  xenophobic, sexist or whatever else,) who do so because of incorrect information which they’ve been fed, often by politicians who blame the inequality which they’ve created by right wing and capitalist policies on indiscriminate sections of society, people lap that up because it gives them an answer to their question and a target for their vitriol. It’s the classic ‘divide and conquer’ technique and it’s evident worldwide, I don’t think you need me to give you examples of that.

All I’m saying is that without meeting the lad it’s impossible to tell for sure which category he falls into and I’d rather believe it’s the category which has probably been misled by certain politicians rather than the former which I mentioned which is clearly beyond help. You may look at the situation and say ‘I’m not arsed whether it’s wilful or negligent prejudice, it’s his responsibility to educate himself and if he doesn’t it’s his problem’, and I’d have a large amount of sympathy with that view, but it probably isn’t how you elicit widespread change because people don’t tend to be particularly receptive to hostile responses, at best you drive the problem underground with threats of sanction but don’t actually change the prejudicial view that the person harbours which obviously ends up manifesting itself in particularly unpleasant ways.

Again, not saying anyone is ‘wrong’ for disliking him based on what are quite clearly disgusting tweets, I’m just making the point that, like most things in life, it isn’t necessarily black and white.

I’ll leave it there as I seem to be causing offence on this which wasn’t my intention in any way.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 12:40:34 pm by Jm55 »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #30269 on: July 24, 2022, 12:47:43 pm »
He’s quite likeable if you ignore the racism
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #30270 on: July 24, 2022, 01:23:49 pm »
Locked for a bit - lots of heated comments. We'll review and reopen later.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30271 on: July 26, 2022, 07:43:07 pm »
Aspinall confirmed he’s had problems with his knee for the last couple of fights. They discussed getting it checked out but never did. I mean even without hindsight, that’s a daft move why not just get it checked out to see what you’re dealing with?

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #30272 on: July 26, 2022, 07:57:57 pm »
Im neither here nor there on Paddy, or the sport in general, just popped into the thread to see what people where saying about his recent rise to fame. Wasn't aware of his less than savory tweets from the past, but I assume the people who seem to vehemently hate him for them also have the same level of hatred for Allison Becker and Fabinho who are both supporters of Jair Bolsonaro, a man who has done a lot worse that tweet over the last four years?

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #30273 on: July 27, 2022, 01:16:41 pm »
Lets not start the debate again.

Please only comment on his mixed martial arts abilities in future, whether you like him as a person or not you can't diminish his talent.

If he get's another finish in his next fight then I can see him breaking into the top 15, going to be a rough road from there in the lightweight division.

Jailin Turner would be a great opponent early next year.

We've got the best midfield in the world...

Online TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #30274 on: July 27, 2022, 01:51:49 pm »

Jailin Turner would be a great opponent early next year.

:o I think Turner would be too much for him. Turner is going to the top I'm all aboard the hype train on him. I agree though Paddy is really going to struggle when he meets some of the top 15 guys. Going to be fun to watch though.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home

Offline MomoWasBoss

• customer tit
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #30275 on: July 27, 2022, 02:11:19 pm »
:o I think Turner would be too much for him. Turner is going to the top I'm all aboard the hype train on him. I agree though Paddy is really going to struggle when he meets some of the top 15 guys. Going to be fun to watch though.

I agree, Turner has the potential to go all the way but still has a lot to prove. Paddy is coming up to his peak years and if he wants to make a name for himself then fights like Jailin should be the ones he is looking for.

Kind of like the way McGregor got those victories over Max and Dustin early on.
We've got the best midfield in the world...

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30276 on: July 27, 2022, 03:04:35 pm »
I went on Saturday
Was fucking great

Molly seems to be getting more and more confident in her abilities every fight and her heart and will to win is gonna see a few more W on that record

Personally I love Paddy and i can see myself following him along for the ride
Agree with Momowas here not to get involved into fights about his personality but if you've not seen this its a great watch and explains a lot about both of them

The postie comments to Gary Neville is worth the watch alone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU3krZtdhJ4&t=1463s

The main issue I think Paddy faces is just how good that division is as you climb the ranks
i think they might put him in with Ferguson in a few fights to test the up and comer against the fading warhorse?
+6 ticket exchange

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30277 on: July 27, 2022, 06:38:47 pm »
Ferguson of old would anhilate Paddy and fold him in 100 different ways, but it's unfortunate that he's now a shadow and seen as a stepping stone for upcoming talent. Sounds familiar *Nate diaz*

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30278 on: July 28, 2022, 12:13:32 pm »
Who has the higher ceiling Paddy or Molly?

Online TheRedBaron

• Mock Conkey
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Fuck With Guillem Balague!
« Reply #30279 on: July 28, 2022, 03:02:25 pm »
Who has the higher ceiling Paddy or Molly?

Paddy is technically loads better but he's fighting in an insanely stacked division whilst Molly isn't. Still think Molly is pretty poor to be honest.
'Jimmy, I get home, I shut the curtains and I sleep'.

- Mascherano after running out of petrol, forgetting his money then being hit in his car on his way home