Author Topic: Dallas Cowboy's New Stadium  (Read 7733 times)

Offline HiTs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • In Istanbul when we won it 5 times!
Dallas Cowboy's New Stadium
« on: December 13, 2006, 04:21:15 pm »
http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

Looks pretty slick.....
★      ★       ★       ★       ★       ★                        ★                          ★
77     78      81      84       05      19      World Champions 2019     Premier League 2020

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
Re: Dallas Cowboy's New Stadium
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2006, 10:51:13 pm »
No mention of cost, then again who cares, we'll take one ;D

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 01:47:28 pm »
Some interesting architectural features in there. Like the open end zone plazas at each side. Looks better than new Wembley.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline RI-Red

• Legacy Fan
  • What the fuck is Goony Goo Goo?
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2006, 03:33:20 am »
No mention of cost, then again who cares, we'll take one ;D

Its been quoted at $1 billion
That ginger haired twat looks like a proper manc c*nt!

Offline Sasquatch

• Veteran fingerer of the bad times
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm hairy and very very smelly
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2006, 09:59:47 am »
A fine new home for the finest American football franchise there is. Nothing like the Cowboys.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 10:16:16 am »
I remain convinced that, like dallas have, and like arsenal did, if LFC spent a bit of fucking money on getting some decent, great looking artists impressions of our stadium, the fans would be a lot happier about it...
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 02:21:43 pm »
A fine new home for the finest American football franchise there is. Nothing like the Cowboys.

<vomits>

They can fuck off. All that "America's team" shite pisses me off.
DAMMIT!

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 02:33:11 pm »
You would need something special to keep your eyes occupied, if you were stuck watching that shite.

Offline AlanK

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 03:54:56 pm »
Think it's pretty horrible myself. While it's quite pleasing outside, the inside(as in around the pitch) is terrible. All those little tiers, 2 rows of advertising hoardings half way going round all the stands...I think it's ridiculous. The attitude seems to be it's built to show off the Cowboys brand and by the way, there happens to be a game on every 2 weeks which you can watch if you're bored with what is going on elsewhere in the building.
Thank christ our designs don't resemble this or the Emirates.

Offline Joe Rogans Chin

• Has an uncanny grasp of Aldo's balls
  • Legacy Fan
  • I Don't Know What It Is But I Love It
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 05:33:49 pm »
I remain convinced that, like dallas have, and like arsenal did, if LFC spent a bit of fucking money on getting some decent, great looking artists impressions of our stadium, the fans would be a lot happier about it...

Fancy drawing's of our new stadium as it's planned at the mo, would be like mutton dressed as lamb.

It's a design that fits it's brief, to get as many bums on seats for as little cost as possible.

Offline Mark_P

• Stupid fucking little gosbite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 03:06:41 am »
Not a footy ground.

Ask them if we can groundshare though ;)
Just GO you Yank twats.

Offline ¡Basta Ya!

• Big Mac Whopper. Proud owner of "mods-are-cunts" account. Strangely no longer with us.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 07:55:31 am »

The thing is, it won't really look anything like that reebok stadium, it will look more like the city of manchester in terms of quality - except city of manchester only has 48k seats, when ours will have 61k

One of the main problems in this whole fucking stadium "hatred" is the completely shite mock drawings, they looks shit compared to the emirates ones for example. I think if they released some decent ones, with fans and lights and a nice pitch and proper scale stands then fans might not think it so shite.

It was never going to be the worlds most individual stadium... shamefully.

:wave

I agree, I don't think the current drawings do the finished product any justice at all
* WARNING - The above post may contain sarcasm. Maybe some irony, if you're lucky.

AS ALWAYS, WE ARE FOCUSED ON SUPPORTING OUR MANAGER

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 08:29:09 am »
You would need something special to keep your eyes occupied, if you were stuck watching that shite.

There's always the DC Cheerleaders. They is pretty fine and 'special'. :-*

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2006, 08:30:59 am »
<vomits>

They can fuck off. All that "America's team" shite pisses me off.

Ah but they ARE 'America's Team'....and nobody has won more Superbowls than them as well. They have the glamour AND the trophies. ;D

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2006, 06:33:48 pm »
No one's won more than the Niners either, but I don't see us bragging...anyway - quite a nice stadium...lot of money though.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2006, 07:22:49 pm »
Fucking horrible thing. Looks like a train shed on the outside and a poncy theatre on the inside. Great big glass doors for what exactly... oh yeah to make money - did you listen to the voiceover? "....Will allow our corporate sponsors to provide an interactive experience - a Miller Beer concert stage, a Pepsi Kids zone, or Ford Motor Company showing their latest models or Dr Pepper a Texas institution..." A 60 yard long video board to keep the punters amused while the boring shite goes on down below.

Hideous corporate overblown shite.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline JackBauer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Some statistics
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2006, 10:16:46 pm »
Fucking horrible thing. Looks like a train shed on the outside and a poncy theatre on the inside. Great big glass doors for what exactly... oh yeah to make money - did you listen to the voiceover? "....Will allow our corporate sponsors to provide an interactive experience - a Miller Beer concert stage, a Pepsi Kids zone, or Ford Motor Company showing their latest models or Dr Pepper a Texas institution..." A 60 yard long video board to keep the punters amused while the boring shite goes on down below.

Well said. Makes me sick. And not just because I hate the Cowboys, even though I do.
DAMMIT!

Offline Derry-Red

• RAWK Technology Consultant.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2006, 11:16:01 pm »
I think it a quality stadium! :thumbup Who cares who's going to be using it?  ::)
I'd rather endure a night of sheep sex than have that clueless twat run our club into the ground any longer. You hear that NESV? I'd rather have sheep sex.

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2006, 08:58:37 am »
No one's won more than the Niners either, but I don't see us bragging...

No disrespect, but the 49 ers aren't the Cowboys in the glamour stakes. ;D ;D

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2006, 08:59:54 am »

Er yeah, but that's American football all over per se. It's not FOOTBALL football.

Offline SportBilly

• Of course America had been discovered by scousers before Columbus, but we always kept it hushed up.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I intend to live forever. Or die trying.
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2006, 11:10:22 am »
Er yeah, but that's American football all over per se. It's not FOOTBALL football.

You're right there. It's rugby for men who don't want to get hurt :)

Oh, and I agree about the mock-ups of our plans. Even if we're not going to have the biggest stadium in the Prem, I bet the majority of fans would be loads happier if there was an amazing series of artist's impressions and the stadium itself got touted along the lines of it being something more than the other new ones that have cropped up in recent years.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 11:12:45 am by SportBilly »
When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.   (John Ruskin - English critic, essayist, & reformer (1819 - 1900) )

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2006, 11:17:11 am »
I don't agree about the images of the new stadium. It's generally better to have crap drawings and a great building than the other way round.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2006, 11:18:48 am »
There's always the DC Cheerleaders. They is pretty fine and 'special'. :-*

I like Debbie   ;)
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2006, 11:47:24 am »
I don't agree about the images of the new stadium. It's generally better to have crap drawings and a great building than the other way round.
They aren't mutually exclusive, though. Why not have great drawings, get the fans excited, and then build a great stadium?
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2006, 08:19:25 pm »
They aren't mutually exclusive, though. Why not have great drawings, get the fans excited, and then build a great stadium?
Precisely! Have a drawings (well-made video presentation would be ideal though - not like the last crappy one we've had) and then make a great stadium. Everyone will be made up.
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline Rhino

• Last of the great romantics. Tess of the Googlevilles. Randy internet flirt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96 RIP
« Reply #25 on: December 20, 2006, 11:14:47 pm »
Its been quoted at $1 billion

That's only £500m ish

Offline brendanbrady

• Anny Roader
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2006, 07:57:50 pm »
Thats crap.  The only thing that matters is the fans being close to the field and having good sight lines.  Forget about all of the bells and whistles.  It would be nice to have a nice looking stadium from the outside, but once you are inside, that doesn't really matter.  When Reds slam Chelsea on the pitch are you going to care who has a nicer stadium? NOPE! Get the fans close to the field, that is all that matters.

I'm an American...Cowboys are garbage.  If there America's team, it is the Patriots, but truthfully one doesn't exist anymore.

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2006, 09:55:51 am »
I'm an American...Cowboys are garbage. 

Ohhhhh, jealousy methinks. Who is your team? Some bunch of no marks who have never done anything???

The Dallas Cowboys are anything but 'garbage'. That's like somebody calling Liverpool F.C 'garbage', or even Man Utd 'garbage'. Much as I hate Man Utd, the club is certainly not 'garbage'.

Offline kopite789

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96
« Reply #28 on: January 2, 2007, 11:14:36 am »
Apparently its the exact same design as evertons. Theirs wont have a roof, or half as many seats and the ones they do have will be wooden, and instead of the endzone plazas they'll have a supermarket at each end. And no tv screens or excecutive boxes but, evertons will have a load of pillars supporting the roof and obstructing the veiw. Apart from that it'll be excactly the same, sort of.
25th May 2005 - The greatest night in the history of the world. FACT

Twitter : @kopite789

Offline Sasquatch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 3, 2007, 01:39:24 pm »
Apart from that it'll be excactly the same, sort of.

That sounds like one of those Coleman/Keegan balls ups.

Just kiddin'. ;D

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #30 on: January 8, 2007, 04:45:28 pm »
the question is will tony romo be able to hold a snap in the new stadium :D

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #31 on: January 8, 2007, 06:23:55 pm »

I think you made a grammatical error there. You seem to have put a full stop is.

Allow me to correct it.

A fine new home for the finest American Football franchise there is, nothing like the Cowboys.
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline ScouserTommy37

• Steve Biko, Aung San Suu Kyi, Nelson Mandela and now ScouserTommy37. Stop the repression!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Will there ever be a Rainbow ?
« Reply #32 on: January 8, 2007, 06:32:35 pm »
If you click on where it says suites and replace where he says "Sports Entertainment" with "Liverpool F.C" and this building with Anfield then that is a very nice way to describe why organised events such as Truth Day must be rare occasions and just what magic Anfield truly has. Very nicely put by whomever it was.

The greatest passion is spontaneous.

"The magic, the aura of Sports and Entertainment is what lights up the inner passion in all fans, in all of us! You can't fake it, you can't produce it, you really can't know the results until after the game is played. That emotion and capturing it is what this building is all about."
Come on RAWK lets ave it and you can bring your fuckin dinner as well.

http://www.contrast.org/hillsborough/ <-- Read this JFT96

MICHAEL SHIELDS YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!

"If Jamie Carragher were Italian, we'd build entire dynasties around him." Corriere della Sera

Offline brendanbrady

• Anny Roader
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2007, 06:02:36 pm »
Any team with Terrell Owens is garbage.  They are not, and will not be a contender for quite some time.  That's not the point.  All I am saying, is that they are no longer "Americas Team."  Full Disclosure: I am a Jets fan.
Apparently its the exact same design as evertons. Theirs wont have a roof, or half as many seats and the ones they do have will be wooden, and instead of the endzone plazas they'll have a supermarket at each end. And no tv screens or excecutive boxes but, evertons will have a load of pillars supporting the roof and obstructing the veiw. Apart from that it'll be excactly the same, sort of.

Offline ultrAslan_KhaN

• Boys Pen
  • ultrAslan & KOP
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2007, 11:54:33 am »
this is very sexy stadium :D ;D :thumbup
ultrAslan & KOP

We hate Notthingam Forest(Trabzonspor)
We hate Everton(Beşiktaş) too
We hate man united(Fenerbahce)
but Liverpool(Cimbombom) we love you !

Offline Dick Winters

• Kopite
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2007, 03:37:18 pm »
Whilst there is a lot of cash pumped into this and the design seems great it appears that football is almost surplus to requirements.  It's like you can come along to our many suites, clubs, plaza, etc. and enjoy the entire experience and oh, if you feel like it you can cast your eye to the field where a game is going on.

Not my cup of tea at all.  I particularly dislike the idea of having 'clubs' on the sideline where the players must pass through.  You could just imagine Carra passing through a load of corporate no-marks who are working on a new business deal.  No, no, no...

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 12:05:40 am »
As Dick Winters says, this is a hideous monstrosity with zero class. A marketing excercise with a club attached. RTK?... this is SYS... sell your soul. If the new Anfield was like this in any shape or form I'd have to walk across Stanley Park with a binbag on my head to stop myself poking my own eyes out. A bit if sponsorship fine, sell the naming rights.. I'd rather not but having a bunch of c*nts trying to sell me a fucking Ford Focus when I'm trying to get a programme. And the bloody Kop end sliding open for some shitty family day.

Some of you lot on here should have another look at this steaming heap of chrome and glass tat. It's a travesty...

I suppose if you're watching the five hour stop-start spectacle of a live NFL game you need plenty of things to keep you occupied. Give me a good seat, a good view, good acoustics and the chance to get a pie and a pint without missing the game and that'll do me.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Armin

• Reformed RAWK Traitor
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm up on the pavement
  • Super Title: Keep off the Grass!
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2007, 12:43:56 pm »
I'm surprised you're so against it Alan. I'd have thought the architectural innovations might've appealled?

I love new ideas, especially in something like a stadium which has been done a thousand times before. I know the 'Americas team' stuff gets annoying and the product placement even in a preview likewise but the ambition in this building is impressive.

Largest steel arches in the world, first rack and pinion stadium roof retracting in 12 minutes. Suspended seat platforms to throw corporate fans off. You can't say they haven't put some effort in.
Well, I don't know what it is, but there's definitely something going on upstairs

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2007, 06:00:45 pm »
I'm surprised you're so against it Alan. I'd have thought the architectural innovations might've appealled?

I love new ideas, especially in something like a stadium which has been done a thousand times before. I know the 'Americas team' stuff gets annoying and the product placement even in a preview likewise but the ambition in this building is impressive.

Largest steel arches in the world, first rack and pinion stadium roof retracting in 12 minutes. Suspended seat platforms to throw corporate fans off. You can't say they haven't put some effort in.

No, I'm not a fan of hi-tech architecture - a bit of good old fashioned modernism will do nicely for me. I still think the stadiums for Italia 90 were some of the best stadium architecture there has been for a while. A nice bit of in situ concrete and excellent site lines is all it takes.

Now that's a football stadium - no sliding roof just four fuck-off stands and 87,000 capacity.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 04:08:24 pm »
Wow! That is class! Stands close to the pitch as well. One thing I am not sure of is how comfortable will it be to watch the game from the 3rd tier?
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.