Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1532077 times)

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #6000 on: November 1, 2015, 09:17:44 pm »
Was in the lower right next to the Chav s,  lasting memory was a young lad about 11 with his dad a few rows into their section, he spent the whole of the last 15 minutes staring tansfixed at our support, you could see it in his eyes " Dad why can't we be in there with them?".
« Last Edit: November 1, 2015, 09:23:18 pm by andy07 »
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Liverbird27

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6001 on: November 1, 2015, 09:21:09 pm »
Only watched it on television, but it sounded good today. Great scenes when we scored. I like it when the players and the fans connect like that. Should happen more often.

One of the main reasons why I like re-watching clips of goals, is watching the team celebrations.

And the goals themselves, of course  :D

Offline Van Halen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6002 on: November 1, 2015, 10:57:56 pm »
eueiewhfeiuo87384IJ3MR98403UR409U5-423KWQDIJPk[pMnxuewihf9-34f043=ofr0vkeo[#f]p[vs l

You took the words right out of my mouth!

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #6003 on: November 1, 2015, 11:05:53 pm »
One funny moment yesterday was when we were giving "wheres your famous plastic flags" a belt one young chelsea fan  in the section nearest our support waved his plastic flag at us he got a great cheer from our fans.
Kenny Godglish

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6004 on: November 1, 2015, 11:18:44 pm »
One funny moment yesterday was when we were giving "wheres your famous plastic flags" a belt one young chelsea fan  in the section nearest our support waved his plastic flag at us he got a great cheer from our fans.
Haha yep saw that little kid.. Was brilliant, in amongst all that hate this young lad got a nice cheer. One of the best aways i've been on.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #6005 on: November 1, 2015, 11:20:42 pm »
That was funny when he got it from under his seat and proudly waved it!

kicking off for wearing blue haha

are you the same crank who cried at me for wearing a blue jacket for the gerrard slip game?

No. Dunno what you're on about. I'm not a crank and didn't kick off at anyone. My point was that it was quite hard to tell which end I was in with half and half scarves to my left and in front, blue polo shirts to my right, and people who did nothing but moan behind. It was as though we were in the home end instead of a Liverpool away end. There were plenty of jubilant reds in from of that where the players ran to, and a lot sung, but I was agreeing with the post about some people there who really shouldn't be!
We are a team of one half.

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6006 on: November 1, 2015, 11:27:53 pm »
One from yesterday

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #6007 on: November 2, 2015, 12:59:14 am »
Best away for a while that. Been an absolute mess all day today and me voice is gone still. Our road end banner made its debut too
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #6008 on: November 2, 2015, 05:20:20 am »
I`ve never quite understood people who are Liverpool supporters wearing blue jackets at games, especially games against teams wearing blue. People don`t like half and half scarves and I dont either , but if you`re wearing a blue jacket on the Kop it still looks like you could be a Chelsea or an Everton fan standing among Liverpool supporters.

With Liverpool being the Reds and all....

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #6009 on: November 2, 2015, 05:24:33 am »
I`ve never quite understood people who are Liverpool supporters wearing blue jackets at games, especially games against teams wearing blue. People don`t like half and half scarves and I dont either , but if you`re wearing a blue jacket on the Kop it still looks like you could be a Chelsea or an Everton fan standing among Liverpool supporters.

That sort of thing doesn't really bother me. As long it isn't a Chelsea or Everton top. It's just a colour to me.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6010 on: November 2, 2015, 05:27:26 am »
One from yesterday

Noticed one lad still had time to take a selfie. ::) Would've been the furthest thing from my mind at that point.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6011 on: November 2, 2015, 05:28:05 am »
That sort of thing doesn't really bother me. As long it isn't a Chelsea or Everton top. It's just a colour to me.

So you wouldn`t mind if New Balance came up with a blue Liverpool shirt then?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6012 on: November 2, 2015, 05:44:26 am »
So you wouldn`t mind if New Balance came up with a blue Liverpool shirt then?

Obviously I would. Because we wear red. But if someone is wearing a blue top that isn't a football jersey it hasn't and wouldn't bother me at all. That's bordering on an Evertonian obsession that. Just like my uncle who won't wear or eat anything red. Sad, sad, man.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2015, 05:46:18 am by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6013 on: November 2, 2015, 05:47:34 am »

What about blue jeans?
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6014 on: November 2, 2015, 06:04:50 am »
What about blue jeans?

Blue jeans are rarely "blue" jeans like in a football shirt.

But by all means, dress in blue from top to toe at Liverpool games. 

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #6015 on: November 2, 2015, 06:15:57 am »

I don't get your problem.

Offline Raaphael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6016 on: November 2, 2015, 06:37:40 am »
I don't get your problem.

Just my prefered taste. I don`t like half and half scarves and I think it looks stupid when Liverpool supporters wears blue(like the Chelsea/everton colour) jackets at games. For 90 minutes a week, a person can`t come up with something else to wear than a blue jacket? But hey, that`s me.
« Last Edit: November 2, 2015, 06:41:00 am by Raaphael »

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6017 on: November 2, 2015, 07:14:01 am »
Just my prefered taste. I don`t like half and half scarves and I think it looks stupid when Liverpool supporters wears blue(like the Chelsea/everton colour) jackets at games. For 90 minutes a week, a person can`t come up with something else to wear than a blue jacket? But hey, that`s me.
You need to get out more mate :)
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #6018 on: November 2, 2015, 07:33:36 am »

You'd have been fooked in the 70's lad. Every other jacket worn was a Levis, Wrangler or Lee blue denim one ...  ;) 

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6019 on: November 2, 2015, 07:38:56 am »
Noticed one lad still had time to take a selfie. ::) Would've been the furthest thing from my mind at that point.
ha ha just noticed that,was the furthest thing from my mind as i was flat on me Arse when that was taken....

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6020 on: November 2, 2015, 09:29:38 am »

What colour jeans do you wear?

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6021 on: November 2, 2015, 10:36:22 am »
If someone wants to buy one of those halfie-halfie abominations to "remember the moment" then they should be told to keep it in their car/ backpack /souvenir bag until they get home. They shouldn't be on display in the home supporters section at Anfield or the visitors section at an away match. Supporters who don't get it need to  learn that there is a certain code of behaviour which is fitting and that which isn't. Same goes for selfie sticks and all the other paraphernalia that some modern football supporters seem to think is normal attire/equipment.

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #6022 on: November 2, 2015, 10:54:23 am »
was in the upper for this and it was fantastic. We had a woman behind us in her late 40s/early 50s, who was just fantastic throughout the game. Singing through out and getting frustrated when we lost the ball etc and she didnt get pissed off when we fell on to her row for the goals.

half time at the bar and after the 2nd/3rd goals, was just fantastic. Great to see Klopp and the players enjoying the victory with the fans, just reminded me of the aways from a few years ago. Hope we have many more like that this season, cant wait for City away now.

during the celebrations after the game, ended up booking transport for newcastle away without telling the mrs, she is going to be fuming. Southampton, Newcastle and Sion away in 8 days in dec. Up the reds!
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6023 on: November 2, 2015, 11:17:53 am »
The Prince of Tek pub in Earls Court was bouncing after the game.

Landlord/management played YNWA 3 or 4 times.  They also played 'Life is Life' and the Klopp song got a good old rendition.

Best away since Norwich and THAT season. :)

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #6024 on: November 2, 2015, 11:25:53 am »
Arguing about the color of a jacket  :lmao

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6025 on: November 2, 2015, 11:31:18 am »
They also played 'Life is Life' and the Klopp song got a good old rendition.

Some drunken fool (me) asked the Kiwi barman (in the allblacks top) to play it.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6026 on: November 2, 2015, 11:40:24 am »
Arguing about the color of a jacket  :lmao

All this regimental bullshit really winds me up sometimes. If you're standing next to me at the match singing your heart out, supporting the team, never booing or shouting negative shit towards our players then i couldn't give a fuck what the colour of your shirt is.

I'd rather stand next to a guy in a half an half supporting properly than some whopper dressed in our shirt and colours shouting abuse and standing silent for most of the match. People need to get their priorities in order. You think our players recognise someone singing all match with a half and half or someone standing silent in a home shirt.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6027 on: November 2, 2015, 11:43:53 am »

One of my favourite pics of our fans in the time I grew up in, 87/88 Coventry away midweek.  It was pay on the gate and we brought a lot more than expected and our end was rammed.  Loved it, you probably wouldn't have liked it much though.

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6028 on: November 2, 2015, 11:47:40 am »
Some drunken fool (me) asked the Kiwi barman (in the allblacks top) to play it.

ah-ha nice one :)

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6029 on: November 2, 2015, 11:49:17 am »
One of my favourite pics of our fans in the time I grew up in, 87/88 Coventry away midweek.  It was pay on the gate and we brought a lot more than expected and our end was rammed.  Loved it, you probably wouldn't have liked it much though.

What a great pic!  :D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #6030 on: November 2, 2015, 11:52:49 am »

Landlord/management played YNWA 3 or 4 times.  They also played 'Life is Life' and the Klopp song got a good old rendition.

Best away since Norwich and THAT season. :)

Courtfield was pretty good after if not bouncing. One of the security lads said there would be no singing allowed... Cue "Fuck off Chelsea FC..." and that was that. Good to hear 'Liverbird on my Chest' and All the verses of 'Gary Macca'
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6031 on: November 2, 2015, 11:53:34 am »
What a great pic!  :D

This one shows just how good are following was that night, but doesn't illustrate the amount of sky blue shirts our fans had on.  Great night though.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6032 on: November 2, 2015, 11:53:57 am »
Not really, but I think a lot of sung yesterday. Was one of the better ones there :D

Got to agree with this thoughWe were surrounded by them!! Five guys in front of us, not sure where from but not British. Clapped but only joined in with "Liverpool, Liverpool..."
A couple to my left -he clapped and sung a little. She clapped once in the entire game, after the second, and spent a lot of it texting and sitting down when everyone in front was standing up!
To our right, guys in royal blue polo shirts. Prob reds but they didn't look like it. No probkem at all with not wearing colours, but why would you put that on in an away end...? And then half-half scarves right in front...
And behind us, four locals who did nothing but moan all first half and shout abuse at various players, missed the first goal (good!) and then actually started supporting a bit after the second. Hypocrites! I'd ban them all! :D
But you do have to wonder how with some!!! Always at the same places though, Arsenal, Chelsea.... :wanker Just makes me sick when real SUPPORTERS  miss out as a result!

Think it's pretty sad (and ironic) you took time to take pictures of these fans, really.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #6033 on: November 2, 2015, 11:57:30 am »

Raaphael wouldn't have been impressed in those days at any game.

Great pic Stephen!

(it was a Saturday btw :) yes, I'm a twatty pedant and no, the day of the week wouldn't affect the colour of tops worn!)

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6034 on: November 2, 2015, 12:00:34 pm »
This one shows just how good are following was that night, but doesn't illustrate the amount of sky blue shirts our fans had on.  Great night though.

haha was just about to ask if there was a wide pic of this also! Fantastic!  :D

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6035 on: November 2, 2015, 12:07:51 pm »
haha was just about to ask if there was a wide pic of this also! Fantastic!  :D
That section in the bottom left that looks like it should be home fans as it's the other side of the fence was also packed with Liverpool supporters.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6036 on: November 2, 2015, 12:19:06 pm »
Raaphael wouldn't have been impressed in those days at any game.

Great pic Stephen!

(it was a Saturday btw :) yes, I'm a twatty pedant and no, the day of the week wouldn't affect the colour of tops worn!)

I've looked it up and you are right.  I'm a bit confused though.

I was there when we beat them 3-0, but that was 85/86 (although I remember our end looking almost identical to the picture in 87/88).

I looked up the 85/86 match though and that was also a Saturday.  It was in November though and it probably got dark early and messed with my memories.

I was in full colours that day as a 10 year old kid.  I couldn't see anything and the fellas I was with, passed me over the fence to the Coventry fans cos they're section had empty gaps.  The Coventry fans who helped me over advised me to stand at the front so I could see better and there were more of our fans at the front of the Coventry section.  We had no problems whatsoever, it really does my head in when people who weren't about in the 80s go on about how bad it was. 

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6037 on: November 2, 2015, 12:22:03 pm »
Courtfield was pretty good after if not bouncing. One of the security lads said there would be no singing allowed... Cue "Fuck off Chelsea FC..." and that was that. Good to hear 'Liverbird on my Chest' and All the verses of 'Gary Macca'

Yeah walked past Courtfield on way to meeting the lads in the Tek.  It did sound like it was rocking in there.

It's great how we effectively take over Earls Curt for many London aways.

Pre-game there were a load of Asian tourists (no! not our fans) outside Earls Court underground,  taking pictures and videos of our fans singing outside the Courtfield.  I love seeing stuff like that :)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6038 on: November 2, 2015, 12:23:39 pm »
That section in the bottom left that looks like it should be home fans as it's the other side of the fence was also packed with Liverpool supporters.

Probably similar to 85/86 then.  It was the home part but there were loads of our fans in it (unless if my head's messing with me again).

I thought I could remember either McMahon smashing one in from 30 yards, but after looking up the scorers it was Rush, Walsh and Beglin. 

I'm starting to doubt whether I was actually there at all now.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6039 on: November 2, 2015, 12:33:35 pm »
Probably similar to 85/86 then.  It was the home part but there were loads of our fans in it (unless if my head's messing with me again).

I thought I could remember either McMahon smashing one in from 30 yards, but after looking up the scorers it was Rush, Walsh and Beglin. 

I'm starting to doubt whether I was actually there at all now.
haha! :)

In 87 that middle section was left empty to start with, as segregation i suppose, but they soon realised it was needed so just opened it up so all the Liverpool supporters could get in. That meant we were stood right next to the Cov fans, but no trouble like you say.