Author Topic: Guess who I just met in the Asda?  (Read 1694014 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Guess who I just met in the Asda?
« Reply #5360 on: October 6, 2014, 10:48:36 am »
He was on the Mathew Wright show this morning. Didn't mention anything about no quiz though.
He's dyslexic so I'd demand a recount if you lost quiz. ;)

Phone in and ask him where he was last night. See if we can verify Benitle's story.

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #5361 on: October 6, 2014, 10:49:03 am »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline scumbagcollege

• pRick
  • Kopite
  • Kick Out The Jams, Motherfuckers!
« Reply #5362 on: October 6, 2014, 10:56:10 am »
Phone in and ask him where he was last night. See if we can verify Benitle's story.
I think Benitle has jumped the shark with that story.
"Reuniting Status Quo would be like trying to get your own dick up your arse - impossible."
St Francis De Rossi

Offline Steelman

• Kemlynite
  • Funkier than a Binmans armpit
    • www.wakeygtf.com
« Reply #5363 on: October 6, 2014, 03:29:26 pm »
I met Stinson Hunter down the local park on Sunday evening.

I certainly wasn't expecting to see him!   :o :P

When words fail...Music speaks

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #5364 on: October 6, 2014, 03:31:15 pm »
He was there with family, they'd had a meal there. Great guy

Richie and Joannie?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #5365 on: October 6, 2014, 03:35:02 pm »
Did a pub quiz last night and who was on the next table? Henry Winkler. Yes, the Fonz was marking our answers ;D

Strange older man who likes hanging round with teenage kids...and The Fonz at the same pub quiz. What are the chances?

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5366 on: October 6, 2014, 03:37:39 pm »

:shocked but I'm still  ;D

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5367 on: October 6, 2014, 03:41:52 pm »

He's from my home town...he's given Nuneaton a lot of publicity for all the wrong reasons.
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #5368 on: October 6, 2014, 03:44:53 pm »

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5369 on: October 6, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »
He's from my home town...he's given Nuneaton a lot of publicity for all the wrong reasons.
I reckon your average online groomer/Paedophile will give Nuneaton a wide berth from now on, which is a good thing.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5370 on: October 6, 2014, 05:42:06 pm »
Strange older man who likes hanging round with teenage kids...and The Fonz at the same pub quiz. What are the chances?

:lmao

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5371 on: October 6, 2014, 06:38:26 pm »
Phil Neville was at my office last week. I didn't really care.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #5372 on: October 6, 2014, 11:06:57 pm »
I reckon your average online groomer/Paedophile will give Nuneaton a wide berth from now on, which is a good thing.
I bloody well hope so...

We were famous for taking Middlesborough to a replay in the FA Cup 3rd rnd, playing the likes of Mendieta and Viduka.

Now it's just infamous 😢
« Last Edit: October 6, 2014, 11:10:57 pm by FitzLFC80 »
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #5373 on: October 15, 2014, 09:29:23 pm »
Former firm favourite on here for a time Sir David Moyes in a service station off the M62 earlier looking miserable while getting himself a coffee and chocolate.

Posed for a picture with a couple of lads though
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5374 on: October 15, 2014, 10:46:11 pm »
Former firm favourite on here for a time Sir David Moyes in a service station off the M62 earlier looking miserable while getting himself a coffee and chocolate.

Posed for a picture with a couple of lads though

Does he ever look anything but miserable ...dour scot ... Was a description made for him

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5375 on: October 16, 2014, 12:14:29 am »
Steve McClaren in Covent Garden today. He wasn't carrying a brolly.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5376 on: October 16, 2014, 06:11:24 pm »
Does Craig Phillips count?
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #5377 on: October 17, 2014, 02:18:10 pm »
Does Craig Phillips count?
Better than he reads.

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #5378 on: October 17, 2014, 04:41:10 pm »
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline jordyball10

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #5379 on: October 23, 2014, 01:47:40 pm »
Met this legend last night!!

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5380 on: October 25, 2014, 08:01:29 pm »
Sat on the same table as the King at a sportsman's lunch yesterday. Not only is he a legend but he's a true gent, got a great sense of humour and is incredibly humble about everything he's achieved. The MC was John Gwynne, bloke whose done the darts for years and also does sky soccer Saturday, think he was covering Preston v Fleetwood today. He was also a top bloke.
JFT97

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #5381 on: October 25, 2014, 08:04:30 pm »
Sat on the same table as the King at a sportsman's lunch yesterday. Not only is he a legend but he's a true gent, got a great sense of humour and is incredibly humble about everything he's achieved. The MC was John Gwynne, bloke whose done the darts for years and also does sky soccer Saturday, think he was covering Preston v Fleetwood today. He was also a top bloke.

I hate you.  No offence like.   :wave
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5382 on: October 25, 2014, 08:09:18 pm »
I hate you.  No offence like.   :wave
Haha, I wasn't supposed to be on his table either but when we turned up our table of 12 only had 10 seats so the organiser bumped me and another lad on to the top table. Great result! Think my mates think it was all planned!!
JFT97

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5383 on: October 26, 2014, 08:15:01 am »
Haha, I wasn't supposed to be on his table either but when we turned up our table of 12 only had 10 seats so the organiser bumped me and another lad on to the top table. Great result! Think my mates think it was all planned!!

Of course not *cough*  who would ever think such a thing.   ;)

A little story about the King.  It must have been about 7-8 years ago when we were on a ferry from one of the Scottish Hebridean Islands to the Scottish Mainland.  Picked up a local paper and there he was.  The King and Marina.

It was a fund raising event on one of the Islands which comprised a sporting event and an evening do.  So clearly it wasn't an "in and out".  And either he or both of them had been there regularly before.  The evening do was informal and comprised lots of young people, some with learning difficulties.  The joy he brought to them was clearly beyond  thedescription given.

Now I don't know if you are familiar with that part of the world, but unless you have a Lear Jet and even given that it is the King and Marina, there are few ways to get there which are not a hard slog.  But they have done this several times and brought joy to an isolated community.   And not one word from them about it.

And before anyone asks.  These Islands are totally unable to afford  VIP "expenses" and fees.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2014, 08:34:56 am by Maggie May »

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5384 on: October 26, 2014, 08:36:12 am »

Of course not *cough*  who would ever think such a thing.   ;)

A little story about the King.  It must have been about 7-8 years ago when we were on a ferry from one of the Scottish Hebridean Islands to the Scottish Mainland.  Picked up a local paper and there he was.  The King and Marina.

It was a fund raising event on one of the Islands which comprised a sporting event and an evening do.  So clearly it wasn't an "in and out".  And either he or both of them had been there regularly before.  The evening do was informal and comprised lots of young people, some with learning difficulties.  The joy he brought to them was clearly beyond description given.

Now I don't know if you are familiar with that part of the world, but unless you have a Lear Jet and even given that it is the King and Marina, there are few ways to get there which are a hard slog.  But they have done this several times and brought joy to an isolated community.   And not one word from them about it.

And before anyone asks.  These Islands are totally unable to afford  VIP "expenses" and fees.
What a great story. Forget what he did as player and manager, he's simply a great man in every sense, a true legend and an outstanding human being.
JFT97

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5385 on: October 26, 2014, 09:07:38 am »
What a great story. Forget what he did as player and manager, he's simply a great man in every sense, a true legend and an outstanding human being.

Indeed he is.  The spread in that little newspaper would have put OK to shame.   ;D  And it was clear that he was relaxed and enjoying himself. 

And he has the perfect mate in Marina.  It should be remembered that during the dark days immediately post Hillsborough she manned the late night phone lines at the club. 

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5386 on: October 26, 2014, 06:28:20 pm »
Did a pub quiz last night and who was on the next table? Henry Winkler. Yes, the Fonz was marking our answers ;D
Nothing like as impressive, but I also saw a minor celeb at a pub quiz. I met a mate in his village pub in Byfleet, Surrey to do the quiz and who should be on another team but Ed "Stewpot" Stewart, erstwhile radio dj (older forum members will remember him).  Apparently he lives in neighbouring West Byfleet. Despite being a life-long Evertonian he was a pretty decent bloke.

Offline Wallingtonian

• "Always been a blues fan..." <--- outed! Bless :) Waspish.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5387 on: October 26, 2014, 06:31:09 pm »

Forgive me, but who the hell is he? Can honestly say I've never heard of him

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #5388 on: October 26, 2014, 06:33:34 pm »

Heeey! that's cool , when he handed the quiz sheet back did you do the thumbs thing.....The Fonz in a pub quiz?..how cool is that....was Ralph Malph there?....You should have asked did the Fonze ever shag Ritchies mum?....God I would have!!!!....I was 14 at the time....maybe too much information.

Offline Chavasse1917

• Legacy Fan
  • “Winning trophies has made me put on weight.”
« Reply #5389 on: October 26, 2014, 06:52:51 pm »
Indeed he is.  The spread in that little newspaper would have put OK to shame.   ;D  And it was clear that he was relaxed and enjoying himself. 

And he has the perfect mate in Marina.  It should be remembered that during the dark days immediately post Hillsborough she manned the late night phone lines at the club.

I remember watching the Scottish channel Alba a few years ago when having drunk a bit too much one evening I was scrolling through the channels. Suddenly the King's face appeared so I carried on watching though I had no understanding of Gaelic Scots. It seemed that he and Marina have been working with a hospice in the Western isles for years, but true to his nature he was very self effacing and played down his role but you could tell what effect he had on those whom he visited.

That man is not only the greatest footballer ever to wear the Liverpool shirt but a true gentleman in every sense of the word.
"Everything has an end...except a sausage, which has two".

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5390 on: October 26, 2014, 07:56:00 pm »
I remember watching the Scottish channel Alba a few years ago when having drunk a bit too much one evening I was scrolling through the channels. Suddenly the King's face appeared so I carried on watching though I had no understanding of Gaelic Scots. It seemed that he and Marina have been working with a hospice in the Western isles for years, but true to his nature he was very self effacing and played down his role but you could tell what effect he had on those whom he visited.

That man is not only the greatest footballer ever to wear the Liverpool shirt but a true gentleman in every sense of the word.

Thank you Chavasse.  Its got to be the same thing I read about.  Very grateful for that.  I can't find the newspaper but I vividly remember that Kenny and Marina were thoroughly enjoying themselves.  It wasn't posed celebredee stuff but rather the sort of snaps you'd get at a family do.

And yes he is everything you say.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5391 on: October 26, 2014, 08:01:43 pm »
Thank you Chavasse.  Its got to be the same thing I read about.  Very grateful for that.  I can't find the newspaper but I vividly remember that Kenny and Marina were thoroughly enjoying themselves.  It wasn't posed celebredee stuff but rather the sort of snaps you'd get at a family do.

And yes he is everything you say.

The man deserves some sort of permanent recognition at the stadium , he is so fitting of an honour there be it a statue , a stand or gateway . I know he probably wouldn't want one but everything he has put into the club he is near enough  on a par to shankly in my opinion .

Offline kirkbywool

• Kopite
  • The futures bright, the futures red
« Reply #5392 on: October 26, 2014, 08:38:46 pm »
Met John Flanagan in Santa Chupitos last night, nice lad, seemed down to earth and got a picture with me and my mate. Did joke that I should give his agent a fiver as that's what he usually charges but he will do it as a freebie

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #5393 on: October 26, 2014, 10:25:13 pm »
The man deserves some sort of permanent recognition at the stadium , he is so fitting of an honour there be it a statue , a stand or gateway . I know he probably wouldn't want one but everything he has put into the club he is near enough  on a par to shankly in my opinion .
Spot on idea, something should be done during the stadium overhaul to recognise everything Kenny has done for the club in so many ways.
JFT97

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5394 on: October 26, 2014, 10:37:06 pm »
Getting out me car on the Stanley car park on Saturday I see Shaun Dyche getting out of a X5.

Shouted over "alright Shaun, come for a look at Mario?".  He comes back with "fucking hell, imagine managing that!"

He was only joking and went on to say how he thought Mario was a great player and how he thinks he will come good for us.  A thoroughly nice and down to earth friendly bloke and we spoke to him for a while.

Then Sturridge pulls up in a White Porsche and stopped for photos with everyone knocking about. Think he was late and looked a bit stressed but still did the photos. I think we all said "hurry up back" in one way or another.:)

An eventful day. Usually it's just John Bishop I see in that car park.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5395 on: October 26, 2014, 11:04:08 pm »
Wonder why he couldn't park in the Centenary car park? Other injured first-teamers do. And he's got a box aswell.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5396 on: October 26, 2014, 11:25:26 pm »
Yeah been parking in there for years and only ever seen Luis Alberto on crutches and DS yesterday. Not got a clue why he was parking there yesterday like.

Offline Grand Chilli

• Main Stander
« Reply #5397 on: October 27, 2014, 12:25:42 pm »
Given this thread title, I'm extremely disappointed nobody went to stalk Enrique after he actually tweeted a photo of Asda a few days ago (saying he was going to buy a chicken or something  ;D)

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5398 on: October 27, 2014, 02:44:04 pm »
Given this thread title, I'm extremely disappointed nobody went to stalk Enrique after he actually tweeted a photo of Asda a few days ago (saying he was going to buy a chicken or something  ;D)

Ha ha. Too easy :D

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5399 on: October 29, 2014, 04:17:46 pm »
Daniel's White Porsche was in the Stanley Car park again last night. Guess he was looking for me but missed me,  Next time mate eh.