Author Topic: Fox News - Tucker's Fucked.  (Read 311119 times)

Online AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
Re: Fox News - still lying to the planet.
« Reply #1040 on: January 12, 2015, 06:27:19 pm »
just read this story

its brilliant

whats slightly frightening is that the guy apparently lists on his web site that he regularly briefs the US govt

sheesh

what a nob

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: January 12, 2015, 09:34:03 pm »
just read this story

its brilliant

whats slightly frightening is that the guy apparently lists on his web site that he regularly briefs the US govt

sheesh

what a nob
"A expert on intelligence"  :lmao

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #1042 on: January 13, 2015, 08:24:15 am »
Loving the fightback
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #1043 on: January 13, 2015, 08:24:49 am »
"A expert on intelligence"  :lmao

Sounds like the computer off Team America
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: January 13, 2015, 10:59:22 am »

Radical cleric Mullah Kintyre demands everyone should bow down to Macca to pray five times each day. #foxnewsfacts

Jam jars across Britain are becoming radicalised. #FoxNewsFacts

Dangerous bearded fanatics have a history of running Birmingham's sporting institutions #FoxNewsfacts
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #1045 on: January 13, 2015, 11:22:46 am »
#FoxNewsFacts is probably the best hashtag of 2015 so far.

Agreed, it is absolutely hilarious.

The Dumbledore Jihad one is my favourite so far.

But on a serious note, Fox News, their panels and experts are laughable at the best, the sad thing is there are members of the public who will believe what they say and that really really does sadden me, shocking they get away with reporting blatant lies as facts and whatnot.

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: January 13, 2015, 01:19:40 pm »
Fox are a news agency driven by a very narrow domestic agenda for a very specific audience; the fact that what it broadcasts is global is incidental to that agenda.  As we laugh at something as ludicrous as Birmingham-gate, their target audience is absolutely lapping it up. 

The apology given by Steven Emerson is solely for that global audience (hence it being on his website, rather than being corrected by FOX itself).  It wasn't for domestic consumption.  The native hicks who actually watch Fox probably have no clue it was even issued.

Did you notice Emerson's constant referrals to "Muslim" rather than "Islam" or "Islamic"?  Muslim police rather than Islamic police?  Setting aside for a moment that their demographic probably doesn't even know what the word Islam means, to me it's almost - ALMOST - reminiscent of Nazi depersonalising propaganda that referred to "The Jew" - reducing a person to an object or a single specific trait.  It's blatant prejudice being issued by an 'expert' as 'fact' on a supposed 'news' channel, and it's very fricking scary that they have an audience who laps this shit up.

Popcorn's Art

Offline jerseyhoya

• Would love to get some of that Cock money
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: January 14, 2015, 07:16:29 am »
While some Fox News guests might be busy embarrassing themselves re: the composition of Birmingham and London neighborhoods, the channel is at least showing the new cover of Charlie Hebdo for being newsworthy, pathetically a stance neither CNN nor MSNBC is taking

MSNBC is being taunted for not showing any of them - https://vine.co/v/ODdP553KVHv

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1048 on: January 14, 2015, 08:06:35 am »
While some Fox News guests might be busy embarrassing themselves re: the composition of Birmingham and London neighborhoods, the channel is at least showing the new cover of Charlie Hebdo for being newsworthy, pathetically a stance neither CNN nor MSNBC is taking

MSNBC is being taunted for not showing any of them - https://vine.co/v/ODdP553KVHv

I'm sure Fox are only doing it as a middle finger to all the Muslims who maybe offended rather than a stance for free speech.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: January 14, 2015, 10:13:30 am »
I'm sure Fox are only doing it as a middle finger to all the Muslims who maybe offended rather than a stance for free speech.

This.  Again their audience will love this.

Popcorn's Art

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: January 14, 2015, 03:03:20 pm »
The dream team

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 03:11:32 pm by Bakez0151 »

Offline Canada Loves Anfield

• Everything you do is a balloon
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born Under a Liverbird
« Reply #1051 on: January 14, 2015, 03:23:49 pm »

Perfect, thanks for taking nyctex's spot here, Hoya. Go 'Murica Go!
If it acts like a cock and a banner appears on the kop with its name written down the shaft of a cock, it probably is...

Liverpool FC - Toronto Supporters Club: http://lfctoronto.com/

Offline LondonRapLondon

• "Please leave me alone.....These little forum games are annoying."
  • Kopite
« Reply #1052 on: January 17, 2015, 10:19:33 pm »
It's clearly not "a mistake" though, it was an attempt to push his agenda. He didn't accidently think non-muslims didn't enter Birmingham, and I doubt he really believed that muslim police go around beating up people not wearing Islamic clothing.

he's just a racist piece of shit trying to shout ignorance to the masses and then whispering *oops sorry not really*

Sadly people would have believed his shit

Offline LondonRapLondon

• Kopite
« Reply #1053 on: January 17, 2015, 10:31:46 pm »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: January 17, 2015, 10:39:25 pm »
Fox being schooled on their recent 'stories' on the No Go Zones in Paris & France

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/fox-news-insulted-france-france-hit-back-with-spectacular-takedown--gkwOC2tljg
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #1055 on: January 18, 2015, 07:20:00 pm »
The dream team

Like watching two Furby's having conversation with each other

Offline LondonRapLondon

• Kopite
« Reply #1056 on: January 18, 2015, 07:59:47 pm »
Fox being schooled on their recent 'stories' on the No Go Zones in Paris & France

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/fox-news-insulted-france-france-hit-back-with-spectacular-takedown--gkwOC2tljg

Haha, the French host who ripped Fox a new one saying turn Fox's PR manager's inbox into a no-go zone was pretty cool.

And how does a supposedly mainstream news agency end up confusing a map for social development as no-go zones:

The show’s host Yann Barthès also noted the map used by Fox was taken from the National Institute of Statistics and Economic Statistics and the areas were urban zones identified for social development rather than “no-go zones”. “It has nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with security, religion or whatever bulls**t Fox says.”

Surely somebody somewhere in Fox knows that the station pumps out BS.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: January 18, 2015, 08:14:11 pm »
Haha, the French host who ripped Fox a new one saying turn Fox's PR manager's inbox into a no-go zone was pretty cool.

And how does a supposedly mainstream news agency end up confusing a map for social development as no-go zones:

The show’s host Yann Barthès also noted the map used by Fox was taken from the National Institute of Statistics and Economic Statistics and the areas were urban zones identified for social development rather than “no-go zones”. “It has nothing, I repeat, nothing to do with security, religion or whatever bulls**t Fox says.”

Surely somebody somewhere in Fox knows that the station pumps out BS.

They know it alright, it's their raison d'etre.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: January 20, 2015, 04:39:07 am »
Now Bobby Jindal also coming up with this no-go zone crap. Its fucking embarrassing to think that he was only few years ago considered a possible presidential candidates by republicans.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1059 on: January 20, 2015, 09:52:58 am »
Now Bobby Jindal also coming up with this no-go zone crap. Its fucking embarrassing to think that he was only few years ago considered a possible presidential candidates by republicans.

That's the guy who told the RNC in 2013 that Republicans needed to "stop being the Stupid Party".

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #1060 on: January 20, 2015, 11:22:42 am »
Its funny seeing them trying to deal with Obama's personal rating going up.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1061 on: January 20, 2015, 12:20:25 pm »
That's the guy who told the RNC in 2013 that Republicans needed to "stop being the Stupid Party".

lol

It's not hard to see why lots of Americans are stereotyped as idiots with Fox around
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 12:26:43 pm by shadowbane »

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1062 on: January 20, 2015, 06:33:11 pm »
Getting sued by the Mayor of Paris is always a nice thing to happen....  :)

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/media/paris-mayor-sue-fox-news/index.html?iid=TL_Popular

At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: January 20, 2015, 10:05:28 pm »
I too love frivolous lawsuits with no basis in the law

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1064 on: January 20, 2015, 10:40:52 pm »

In this case Fox news are just lying and using a tragedy to push their political agenda. As Liverpool fans we know this all too well, after all Fox news and the rag are apples from the same tree. I am sure city of Paris can conjure up a decent case where they can claim that lies spouted by these idiots hurts there reputation and can hurt tourism. I for one hope that they get there ass sued.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1065 on: January 20, 2015, 10:43:55 pm »

You should tell John Boehner that.....
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: January 20, 2015, 11:00:14 pm »
In this case Fox news are just lying and using a tragedy to push their political agenda. As Liverpool fans we know this all too well, after all Fox news and the rag are apples from the same tree. I am sure city of Paris can conjure up a decent case where they can claim that lies spouted by these idiots hurts there reputation and can hurt tourism. I for one hope that they get there ass sued.
I mean, they issued retractions and apologized and said the guest who said the dumbest stuff wouldn't be invited back. Didn't we just go through a big thing about the importance of a free press and free expression? In this case, a press outlet broadcasted something that was pretty ridiculous and wrong and offensive. They were roundly mocked, and they apologized and issued corrections. That would seem to be a decent way of handling things. Looking for legal censure seems to be the wrong way of going about things to me, but luckily there's no chance that will happen.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: January 20, 2015, 11:03:28 pm »
You should tell John Boehner that.....
There's a question of standing in Boehner's lawsuit so his attempt might not get far, but there's also an interesting underlying legal question on executive powers that might be ripe for challenge at some point if Congress (or someone else) is granted standing. There's nothing interesting about this.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:08:44 pm by jerseyhoya »

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1068 on: January 20, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »
There's a question of standing in Boehner's lawsuit so his attempt might not get far, but there's also an interesting underlying legal question on executive powers that might be ripe for challenge if Congress is granted standing. There's nothing interesting about this.

I am all for 'dipping the toe' regards potential lawsuits that are with merit, lengths of executive power may be a case for this, however, he's not the first POTUS to use it and I'm 100% won't be the last. 

Sorry for taking this thread off topic and away from the great minds at Fox News.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: January 20, 2015, 11:11:58 pm »
I mean, they issued retractions and apologized and said the guest who said the dumbest stuff wouldn't be invited back. Didn't we just go through a big thing about the importance of a free press and free expression? In this case, a press outlet broadcasted something that was pretty ridiculous and wrong and offensive. They were roundly mocked, and they apologized and issued corrections. That would seem to be a decent way of handling things. Looking for legal censure seems to be the wrong way of going about things to me, but luckily there's no chance that will happen.

Apologies in a legal matters is not some get out of jail card because once the misinformation is spouted it is out there.See people like Bobby Jindal picking up on that stuff. Fox were going on about this for days there is no way that they were just ignorant. They are a major news network for FFS and you tell me that they had no clue about how life is in Paris or London or Birmingham is like, and this was just some honest mistake. Yes issuing an apology can reduce damages but it doesn't let people off the hook. This issue also has nothing to do free press. Free press doesn't get to make up lies about whatever they want. I doubt this lawsuit will go that far but hope it does, it might just improve the standard of a journalism a little bit/

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1070 on: January 20, 2015, 11:16:48 pm »
A city suing for libel would be, erm.....novel. As far as I know, anyway.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: January 21, 2015, 05:10:38 am »

For your sake and the rest of the fox lovers on here lets hope they don't have that attitude towards the presenters as there'd be no fucker left in the studio.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline jerseyhoya

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: January 21, 2015, 05:46:59 am »
For your sake and the rest of the fox lovers on here lets hope they don't have that attitude towards the presenters as there'd be no fucker left in the studio.
I only put on cable news during serious breaking news events and election nights, and almost always choose to watch CNN in those situations. I don't hate Fox News, and some of their shows are generally fine (though conservative leaning) while others are more overtly hacktastic. The latter generally do a disservice to advancing a conservative ideals if that's their goal (and not creating controversy/driving ratings). I don't know any conservatives from my generation who watch the channel regularly, but I have liberal friends who watch it out of spite/glee/something I can't quite grasp.

And regardless of all of that the idea of a foreign city suing them without any legal basis over a story they ended up apologizing for is legitimately fucking stupid. But if you're happy about it, then I will not attempt to further dissuade you from that feeling of free expression.

Offline jason67

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: January 21, 2015, 06:22:46 am »
My last comment was supposed to be a little jokey, maybe I should of put one of those winking things at the end like this  ;).

I posted the original link to the story because I thought it would be of interest to this thread, not because I thought that Paris has some kind of case against fox.

Personally I don't like fox but the more I see/read about it the more I'm moving away from hating and I'm starting to find it amusing, in an insane sort of way.
I mean, some of the stuff they come out with it beyond ridiclulous and they must know that they are doing it, don't they? I would fucking hope so because nobody can be that dumb.

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
« Reply #1074 on: January 21, 2015, 07:35:19 am »
I was working on a roof in Peterborough many years ago, above a takeaway. We decided to go get some food down the road. We asked the takeaway owner where to go. His replay was ' dont go down that road, they dont like whites down there ' It does happen and its sad.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline saoirse08

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • TRUTH. JUSTICE. ACCOUNTABILITY.
« Reply #1075 on: January 21, 2015, 08:21:12 am »
Getting sued by the Mayor of Paris is always a nice thing to happen....  :)

http://money.cnn.com/2015/01/20/media/paris-mayor-sue-fox-news/index.html?iid=TL_Popular

Fox News should be protected under free speech legislation, shouldn't it? Any decent lawyer would argue that most of what they produce is purely fiction.
“The socialism I believe in is everyone working for each other, everyone having a share of the rewards. It’s the way I see football, the way I see life.”

"The old is dying and the new cannot be born; in this interregnum a great variety of morbid symptoms appear."

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1076 on: January 21, 2015, 08:34:16 am »
but I have liberal friends who watch it out of spite/glee/something I can't quite grasp.

it`s important to understand your enemy. And mock him.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: January 21, 2015, 09:47:30 am »

They're serial offenders.  Invite dumbfuck, spout borderline racist and libellous shit for the consumption of their rockheaded audience, offend many, issue casual apology in full knowledge that it wont impact on their rock headed audience and that they will do exactly the same thing again.  You may as well accept the word of a petty criminal who promises on his dead dog's life not to steal again

The law is there to protect people - NOT for institutions to hide behind and use a a shield to justify the most rancid, abhorrent, MISLEADING views.  Saying sorry only works if there is an intent to change and do better in the future.  "Sorry, yadda yadda yadda, move on..." is an outright abuse of the word.

You need to take a long hard look at yourself there fella.

[/rant]
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:50:12 am by Red Beret »

Popcorn's Art

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #1078 on: January 21, 2015, 09:59:55 am »
You need to take a long hard look at yourself there fella.

Why? What he posted was much more reasonable than what you posted.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: January 21, 2015, 02:56:02 pm »
not interested in debating the issue.  Freedom of speech is not freedom to be a serial liar making repeated half assed apologies.  If you think it was more reasonable of him to defend Fox then it was of me to pull him on it then that's your business.

Fox news are the scum of the earth.  It's easy to laugh at them but the fact is people listen to and BELIEVE that shit.  That terrifies me, and it should terrify any person with a functional moral compass.

Popcorn's Art