Author Topic: Apathy re our move ?  (Read 2703 times)

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Apathy re our move ?
« on: September 29, 2006, 06:56:48 pm »
Is it just me, or do you sense a feeling of apathy regarding our move away from Anfield. I suppose it's hard to judge the overall opinions of our supporters, but judging by these boards, there's hardly an overwhelming response to the latest news and developments.

The same fans tend to air their views and show an interest, but generally I've seem far more interest generated by old daft 'boozer' topics !

Considering the importance of this historic decision to leave Anfield, and the news this week that the move is virtually guaranteed, I thought the site would be awash with opinion and debate.

As I said, I may be misjudging the amount of interest amongst the Reds fans, but I don't really see it shown on here.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
Re: Apathy re our move ?
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2006, 07:05:42 pm »
The move is only guaranteed when we have the funding in place and the new stadium is built.

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2006, 07:35:45 pm »
Perhaps it's because the club hasn't really announced anything. We have plans from a few years ago with a few drawings and confirmation of the funding but until there's a press conference showing all the new plans and confirming everything we have nothing to get excited about.

Plus I think although we all know it has to happen in the modern money world it's sad to be leaving Anfield. Especially so as this news comes on the 25th anniversary of Bill Shankly's death when older fans who were around then are probably reflecting on this too.

Offline mr-4

• Kopite
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2006, 08:02:25 pm »
I am not at all surprised, because they (the suits) must be up to here in work now. From what I gather the stadium needs to be completed by the end of 2008 or we will lose 15m of funding. There are therefore bids to be considered and accepted and all such things which had to be 'held' before the decision by the council was finally announced a while ago.
Mourinho, 19 Feb 2004: Liverpool over Chelsea, no doubt about it
Rick Parry, 22 Aug 2006: You have to aim for the stars, not mediocrity
Chris Bascombe, 21 Sep 2006: No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Offline ratcatcher

• Glass is often half-empty...and it's all Parry's fault
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2006, 10:37:12 pm »
I think the debate on the move was really done when anfield4eva was on the net. All the pros and cons over the move where debated there. Once they knew the game was over, there hasnt really been that much debate from either side.

Yes, the stadium could still fall through but I think 90% of fans accept the move will now go ahead providing funding is in place etc.
These are my own opinions. They are not meant or intended as a criticism of anyone else's opinion just because they are different but if you can't see past that, then tough shit!

Offline stueya

• Kopite
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2006, 11:01:01 pm »
To be honest I don't think the apathy is down to the move as I think most of us knew it would be sorted out sooner or later but for me I wish the club would be more transparent in it's future finances be it via investment or loans and restructuring of the clubs financial affairs. We need to know that if the club has had to go down the loan route they are in no way jeopardising the clubs future and equally not selling the club down the river and the corporate greasy pole.
We all live in a purple wheelie bin

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 12:19:39 pm »
I think you'll find the debate over the move is now effectively over as it looks almost certain to happen.

The boards and threads will start hotting up again when issues about how the ground will look, new season ticket allocation, parking, design, seats, etc start to come out.

Naming of the stadium, stands, seating arrangements and things like the memorial and acoustics will all generate more heat than light no doubt.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline AdamL

• Queenie's testicles, as seen in the Echo
  • Legacy Fan
  • Forever in our shadow
« Reply #7 on: October 2, 2006, 04:02:21 pm »
thing is weve had that many snags and disappointments in the past over the ground move that it seems premature to hail the new one until kick off at 12.45pm for our first home game of the new season!
Momo Is Boss

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #8 on: October 2, 2006, 04:52:31 pm »
Still waiting for the updated plans to go on view as well, I suppose if these are not what we expected ( i.e single tier Kop ) there will be a major reaction from the fans, unfortunately though of the wrong sort.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #9 on: October 2, 2006, 05:16:56 pm »
Still waiting for the updated plans to go on view as well, I suppose if these are not what we expected ( i.e single tier Kop ) there will be a major reaction from the fans, unfortunately though of the wrong sort.

Shame they can't re-build The Kop brick by brick really...and then have a massive double tiered horse-shoe-shaped stand running the other 3 sides of the pitch.

Hm...

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2006, 03:04:08 pm »
Shame they can't re-build The Kop brick by brick really...and then have a massive double tiered horse-shoe-shaped stand running the other 3 sides of the pitch.

Hm...
Well I reckon they could rebuild the Kop.... Not by moving it brick-by-brick but, I'm sure the plans are still around from 1994 when it was re-built, so re-build it and then add your other 3 sided bowl type 2/3 tierd stands...... just a thought!!!
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Offline Reds#9 Dreamer

• Kemlynite
  • Kop Resident
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2006, 10:16:10 pm »
Whilst trying to stay open minded by the whole 'moving home' thing.....as if the strain of actually moving from the spiritual iconic home of English & European football isnt bad enough I honestly feel the design of the new stadium leaves a lot to be desired !! 

Our history is filled of tales of the twelfth man (crowd) almost playing on the field ourselves as our stands are just 3ft away.  It would seem from the new plans that we are to be further back and slightly more detached.

Life has taught us that we learn from history....... in that case build us a stadium where every supporters breath can be felt by the team and where every kick of a ball can be sucked into the net!

Our 'big games' are the envy of every other teams supporters - the right results aided by the right atmosphere.

Lets not lose sight of this !!
We won it five times, we won it five times, in Istanbul we won it five times!
YNWA.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2006, 11:20:31 pm »
thing is weve had that many snags and disappointments in the past over the ground move that it seems premature to hail the new one until kick off at 12.45pm for our first home game of the new season!

:D
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline GoldenGloves25

• Kopite
  • You are a reptile, Carmichael!!
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2006, 11:35:06 pm »

Hm...

Even the kop from 1900's, with no roof! and a little wall at the back where you can throw pies down to yer mates.
then later we can add a big fuck off corrigated steel roof with pillars ( red with a green adidas stickers on), add some fiberglass windows (bus stop style) some 4' crush bars. Dont forget the Great Easertn Flag Pole! im off to do some photoshopping....this could get interesting.
A slave to rhythm and the fickle nature of charm.

Offline jonesyb

• How many cans of Efes would it take to fill 5 European Cups?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • I'll have one more then I'm going on the piss!
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 07:33:09 pm »
The reason nobody has been over excited is cos nothin is concrete yet.We only just got the new owners in and whenever they get the pennies together the building can start.Still years away yet lad.
"what d'ye mean ye broke yer leg? Thats Liverpool's bloody leg"
Shankly to Tommy Smith

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2007, 08:04:55 pm »
Eh, dont know were you got that from lad, building work starts in March / April, and when this thread was started there was very little discussion regarding the move.

This has picked up lots lately, because everything is now in place, and as I said work will start on the stadium very soon ( not years away )
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 03:59:43 pm by Alloy »

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2007, 08:39:39 pm »
im sure the first spade has to be in the ground within 60 days.

The new owners have looked over the plans so i would expect a press conference very soon showing the final design and a date for work to start, i just hope they give us our Kop
When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark