Author Topic: The Cyclist Thread  (Read 1854569 times)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Cyclist Thread
« Reply #18280 on: July 19, 2014, 01:18:24 pm »
What's a hangover like now y'all a bit older?

Serious.I couldn't envisage having to get up and being able to do owt with one.
I field this
They really really really fucking hurt....

Not today though luckily as I didn't drink last night..although with the rain meaning we had to shut the windows and with our bedroom feeling like I was sleeping in the Sahara..kinda feel a bit like it
+6 ticket exchange

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #18281 on: July 19, 2014, 01:41:45 pm »
Why would anyone drink Stella in the first place...
stella in leuven is greater than the Stella we get over here from Glasgow. But then when in leuven, there is so much more choice!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18282 on: July 19, 2014, 05:31:09 pm »
Good..I hope y'all suffer like a muthafucka...gang o drunken bums. :P

Could have gone out today..useless,inept c*nts....not y'all..the forecasters.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #18283 on: July 19, 2014, 06:44:55 pm »
Glorious outside and the forecast is still heavy rain until 8pm. Fuckin wankers.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18284 on: July 19, 2014, 06:55:09 pm »
It rained heavily for about an hour this morning and I was soaked,then the next hour I rode round in my shirt and it was warm...

Useless bastards.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline mabbympb

• Branded he was a man who ran!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red and White Kop
    • Instagram
« Reply #18285 on: July 19, 2014, 11:54:44 pm »
Went out for an hour, and it looked brutal towards Chester/Wales, apart from about 30seconds of giant raindrops, it's was bone dry. Met check had the weather for the whole evening down as rain. But to be fair it did lob it down all morning till about 4pm

Offline Jimmy Conway

• Look at me, never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18286 on: July 20, 2014, 02:00:07 am »
Pissed it down till 2pm in Frodsham. Grim

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18287 on: July 20, 2014, 09:36:45 am »
Much better today so no excuses  :)
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18288 on: July 20, 2014, 09:58:19 am »
Think I'll ride to the river in Chester and back. Grab a rum n raisan ice cream whilst I'm there. Then home for the Tour.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18289 on: July 20, 2014, 10:24:26 am »
Just ordered some of  these
Not a bad deal.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18291 on: July 20, 2014, 11:48:14 am »
http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/sp/road-track-bike/high-5-high-5-energy-foods-high-5-energy-gel-38g-box-of-20-bogof-promo-pack/highefoo219
More or less the same deal if you double up the link i posted. Those are Gel plus though which i assume give more oooomph  ;)

Mate of mine's a twat. Badgered me to go out this avvo a couple of days ago now he's not answering his phone. Keep telling him it's called a mobile for a reason  ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18292 on: July 20, 2014, 11:55:34 am »
More or less the same deal if you double up the link i posted. Those are Gel plus though which i assume give more oooomph  ;)

Mate of mine's a twat. Badgered me to go out this avvo a couple of days ago now he's not answering his phone. Keep telling him it's called a mobile for a reason  ;D
John's a twat...just sayin.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18293 on: July 20, 2014, 11:58:09 am »
He gives me one ringers..the cheap twat.

I had an £88 phone bill last month..just from calling him..everyone else is on on the same network and free.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18294 on: July 20, 2014, 12:05:12 pm »

Two in the afternoon's no time to be going out...fuckin mates,la.

I got blamed for John having a sore neck and not getting up early....yeah,I'm to blame..lazy fucka. ;D

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18295 on: July 20, 2014, 12:18:29 pm »
He gives me one ringers..the cheap twat.

I had an £88 phone bill last month..just from calling him..everyone else is on on the same network and free.
Buy him a phone mate it'd be cheaper  ;D

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18296 on: July 20, 2014, 12:19:39 pm »
Two in the afternoon's no time to be going out...fuckin mates,la.

I got blamed for John having a sore neck and not getting up early....yeah,I'm to blame..lazy fucka. ;D
Yeah i'd much rather get out bright n early then the days done with but in his defence he had the grandkids overnight. That's harder work than cycling  ;)

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18297 on: July 20, 2014, 01:54:21 pm »
Buy him a phone mate it'd be cheaper  ;D
I gave him the one he has.. :D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18298 on: July 20, 2014, 01:57:21 pm »
I posted them as a compliment to the caffeine gels.

I geta mixed box and I always end up being left with caffeine gels.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18299 on: July 20, 2014, 06:30:37 pm »
I suppose all of you who went out today will agree it was bloody warm! Sweat was pouring out of me in the first 5 miles. Surprisingly breezy too in parts.

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18300 on: July 20, 2014, 07:19:47 pm »
I suppose all of you who went out today will agree it was bloody warm! Sweat was pouring out of me in the first 5 miles. Surprisingly breezy too in parts.

I set off from our road and thought straight away "oh that breeze is nice". 10 mins later I was sweating buckets, not helped by the fact I had to wear my tights as the short bibs where still soaking in the bath. Planned on a nice casual 26 mile round trip with an ice cream half way. I got to the River Dee in Chester for my ice cream and it was swarming with mods on their Vespas and Lamretttas. So thought sod it, home through Tattenhall and Tarporley, Stretton, Appleton, Grappenhall, Stockton Heath and Daresbury. Ended up doing 55.5 miles.

So I am now sat here watching the Tour highlights with a Heineken. Goosed.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #18301 on: July 20, 2014, 07:29:47 pm »
Bloody hell Jimmy, Heineken come on you deserve better than that...

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18302 on: July 20, 2014, 07:35:43 pm »

Its all the little shop had in the fridge. To be honest I'm so hot/flustered I'd probably down a pint of olive oil......if it was cold.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18303 on: July 20, 2014, 07:43:13 pm »
Its all the little shop had in the fridge. To be honest I'm so hot/flustered I'd probably down a pint of olive oil......if it was cold.
I used to drink EVOO as part of my bulking regimen when I was lifting properly..I still have a tablespoon now and again..it's lovely.

Did you get your rum n raisin..me fave. :lickin

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18304 on: July 20, 2014, 07:51:30 pm »
I used to drink EVOO as part of my bulking regimen when I was lifting properly..I still have a tablespoon now and again..it's lovely.

I didn't Dave, the line for the ice cream was far too big for my liking. So jibbed it off.

Offline Billy1561

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18305 on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:26 pm »
Even I don't stoop that low  ;)

Offline Jimmy Conway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18306 on: July 20, 2014, 08:10:47 pm »
Could of been worse fellas. Carlsberg, Carling, Fosters etc...

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18307 on: July 20, 2014, 08:12:29 pm »
it's only ale...dunno what yiz are all on abart ::)  ;D  :P

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18308 on: July 20, 2014, 08:13:59 pm »
Anyway...I had to make Sag Aloo with ground cumin coz I'd ran outta cumin seeds.... :)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18309 on: July 20, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »
Sticky down here today..did some park laps in the morning which was about the right temperature..much hotter yesterday and the day before..heat by a mile my least favourite condition to ride in
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Adamski7

• Racing snake
  • Kopite
« Reply #18310 on: July 20, 2014, 08:37:20 pm »
110km solo today, I was pushing for 20mph av, but fell short at 19.7mph/av.

Do we have a re-arrange date for the Rawk Sportive?

Offline Adamski7

• Racing snake
  • Kopite
« Reply #18311 on: July 20, 2014, 08:38:21 pm »

Brilliant shout.

Pischatio too.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18312 on: July 20, 2014, 08:53:35 pm »
Had a choc ice after me sag ghost and sag allo...me lips were sizzling. :lickin

I take it your trotters healed Adam?

Offline Adamski7

• Racing snake
  • Kopite
« Reply #18313 on: July 20, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »
Had a choc ice after me sag ghost and sag allo...me lips were sizzling. :lickin

I take it your trotters healed Adam?

Saw to weight bare, but not too bad on the bike.  Bit of pain on standing climbs.

How's the knee Dave?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #18314 on: July 20, 2014, 09:08:17 pm »
Saw to weight bare, but not too bad on the bike.  Bit of pain on standing climbs.

How's the knee Dave?
Tight and sore...more rest.

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #18315 on: July 20, 2014, 09:21:18 pm »
Sweat was pouring off me today, got so bad at one point I had to take my sunglasses off as I could hardly see!

Offline Eddobald

• Main Stander
« Reply #18316 on: July 20, 2014, 09:33:51 pm »
What a day!!

Up at 7, then 8 hours at work while its sunny and 30 degrees in the shadows outside, then dinner at my parents house while watching the Norwegian win todays stage at TdF, then out to get some PRs on strava just as some clouds are coming in to block the sun.

Bit of a wobble when the water bottle decided to jump off the bike just as I was getting ready for a fast descent, but thankfully the bottle was closer to hitting a dog that was walking by than putting me off the bike. 

Strava bragging link:
http://www.strava.com/activities/168586746

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18317 on: July 20, 2014, 10:10:39 pm »
I finally brought myself a road bike yesterday! It's a secondhand btwin sport 2 that I got off ebay and I'm rather pleased with it. I took it out for a quick spin today and ended up doing 20 miles, it's amazing how much easier it is than my old mountain bike.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #18318 on: July 20, 2014, 10:20:32 pm »
Welcome aboard Danno.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18319 on: July 20, 2014, 10:20:38 pm »
Went out on what was undoubtedly my most picturesque ride ever today. Drove down to Moffat with a few others and done a 73 mile loop round some of the most beautiful scenery. Absolutely stunning.   There's times when I've been out and thought this is lovely but today was on another level. Glorious sunshine and lots of lochs and hills.

The ride itself was nice too, although pretty slow as we had a few people who don't like hills or going down hills fast. Had to hang around loads at the top of most hills doing abar 7 or 8 mph until everyone got back together again, on bits I'd of been doing abar 40mph on. I actually rode with one of the stragglers for about 4 miles and never got over 16mph, and that was including some lovely descents.

And I wasn't arsed. It was just great being out there. I'll post some pics up but they wont do it justice.

Even the 20% hill didn't phase me :-). It hurt me but I done it.

I'd stopped to take pics and bombed it to catch up with everyone. I caught them, knacked, just as we came to the 20% sign :-).

At the end I was flying up the hills for some reason. (maybe because I'd done some proper nutrition for a change). There's a guy whos I consider a bit of a hill monster and I was on his wheel all the way up the hills over the last 15m. I reckon I could have took him like but didn't have a clue if we had any big hills left that I'd have been fucked on. He was probably gonna crack like Niba...  :-).  Or not Max.

Anyway loved it today and was actually a bit disappointed when it was over.

Made up for yesterdays disappointment, and if any of you slackers ever do a RAWK ride away from your doorsteps then I'll take yous on this one.

http://www.strava.com/activities/168540433

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.