162 (46.7%)
Mogger
20 (5.8%)
Crommy (or derivative)
5 (1.4%)
Any other
65 (18.7%)

Total Members Voted: 346

Author Topic: Lets formalise this, Southenders, Northenders, start your engines  (Read 81763 times)

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Lets formalise this, Southenders, Northenders, start your engines
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2015, 07:26:19 pm »
So as a kid Macca got a takey in the enog. Is that where we're up to?

Yeah, yeah. and that auld fella down your street who gave you sweets took you to town on the Ribble and took you up the bombdie.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2015, 07:27:51 pm »
I actually emailed Home Bargains head office about that when I was arguing with a mate about that very conundrum and bored at work.

Originally their liverpool store was called Home And Bargain. Then they later expanded and rebranded, but everyone in Liverpool still calls it by its original name.

Good man! Let it never be said that your anal-retentive attention to detail never yielded positive results.
Macca resplendent!

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2015, 07:33:26 pm »
Was always know as the pick and nick when we went up the Swan. ;D

Until now I always thought it was called Home And Bargain.

Fucking hell Dave, now you've got me thinking. Remember the flats in St Oswald Street? Opposite there was a shop called Fruity Boutique. I'm pretty sure it was the only shop in Liverpool before the big supermarkets came to town where you could buy a punnet of grapes, 5lb of spuds, a pair of socks and a fucking toilet seat in the same fucking aisle.
Macca resplendent!

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2015, 10:26:14 pm »
Right where this woman's looking...you on your way out eating grapes with a bog seat under yer arm... :)

I'm sure it moved opposite there in the 80's until the flats came down.

Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2015, 11:08:16 pm »

I remember  a big banner at one of those shops saying  "New York, Paris, Rome, Old Swan"

Haha :-)
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline macca888

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: January 28, 2015, 01:24:17 am »
Right where this woman's looking...you on your way out eating grapes with a bog seat under yer arm... :)

I'm sure it moved opposite there in the 80's until the flats came down.

Next to that pam shop I think that's All Mankind isn't it? They had a shop in Bootle strand, one in St Johns and one in the Vale. The first place in Liverpool you could buy Lacoste polo shirts that weren't blag.

Its still fucking there, right opposite the old flats Dave. Me auld fella is from the gardens, so I know round there quite well.
Me mam came home from there a few weeks ago with a pineapple and a thermal vest for me.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 01:27:10 am by macca888 »
Macca resplendent!

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2015, 10:20:46 am »
I remember  a big banner at one of those shops saying  "New York, Paris, Rome, Old Swan"

Haha :-)

NEW YORK - LONDON - PARIS - ROME

HEAD OFFICE: OLD SWAN

Used to love that sign when I was a kid.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2015, 02:50:05 pm »
hahaha Macca getting a takey up the enog.

It`s a takey all day long.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: February 12, 2015, 11:59:37 am »
Takey. Haven't heard of the others. Croxteth/Norris Green ways here
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #250 on: December 22, 2015, 07:25:52 am »
Late into the second half on Sunday, once all discussion of goalkeepers, goalscorers, and the rather dapper Enrique "Quique" Sánchez Flores had been exhausted -  and with a quorum of North and Southenders huddled forlornly nursing our Saigon Beers - thoughts turned to this thread and an on-the-spot poll resulted in the following:

Takey - 4
Mogger - 3
Seater - 0
Crozzie -1  (only for one's girlfriend, side saddle - if you will - on the crossbar)

Perhaps the figures could be added to the original poll?

Surprisingly most of the group are not members of Red and White Kop.com, indeed one or two were unaware of the existence of this and similar fora on the World Wide Web, through which one can discuss this and similar vexing issues. As per usual the the ensuing debate became rather heated, our Muirhead Avenue resident (ex-proprietor of a rather excellent Tuebrook Chippy) was flabbergasted to hear mogger was the preferred term in the deep south L24 and 26 postcodes. Insults were hurled and our none-Liverpudlian neighbours were I'm sure perplexed with the extreme-scouse insults of utter-meff and bad - bad wool hurled across the alehouse. At least we forgot about the football for a bit   ;D

Interestingly, in these parts, 3 and occasionally 4 on a motorbike is quite a common site - that's for another thread though.

Offline Jack the Red

• Legacy Fan
  • ...Never forget...
« Reply #251 on: December 22, 2015, 11:20:57 am »
It was Takey in Netherley when I was a kid, and on the handlebars was an "E.T."

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #252 on: December 22, 2015, 04:56:29 pm »
Late into the second half on Sunday, once all discussion of goalkeepers, goalscorers, and the rather dapper Enrique "Quique" Sánchez Flores had been exhausted -  and with a quorum of North and Southenders huddled forlornly nursing our Saigon Beers - thoughts turned to this thread and an on-the-spot poll resulted in the following:

Takey - 4
Mogger - 3
Seater - 0
Crozzie -1  (only for one's girlfriend, side saddle - if you will - on the crossbar)

Surprisingly most of the group are not members of Red and White Kop.com, indeed one or two were unaware of the existence of this and similar fora on the World Wide Web, through which one can discuss this and similar vexing issues. As per usual the the ensuing debate became rather heated, our Muirhead Avenue resident (ex-proprietor of a rather excellent Tuebrook Chippy) was flabbergasted to hear mogger was the preferred term in the deep south L24 and 26 postcodes. Insults were hurled and our none-Liverpudlian neighbours were I'm sure perplexed with the extreme-scouse insults of utter-meff and bad - bad wool hurled across the alehouse. At least we forgot about the football for a bit   ;D

Interestingly, in these parts, 3 and occasionally 4 on a motorbike is quite a common site - that's for another thread though.

;D
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: December 22, 2015, 05:12:45 pm »
To avoid possible leggers someone would 'keep sus' or was it 'keep dixie'
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #254 on: December 22, 2015, 05:22:48 pm »

Keep dixie. Every time. You'd be a bad wool to think otherwise  ;)

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: December 22, 2015, 05:27:30 pm »

Takey - 4
Mogger - 3
Seater - 0

Been drinking with wools again ;) , seater in Fazakerley
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #256 on: December 22, 2015, 05:30:59 pm »
Dixie...we're all Scousers in here...aren't we.... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #257 on: December 22, 2015, 05:55:38 pm »

to avoid getting legged someone would have to keep dixie...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: December 23, 2015, 09:07:20 am »
to avoid getting legged someone would have to keep dixie...

Is correct , looking back at that pic of old swan with all mankind on it , there was also one and may have been the first on walton breck road just around the corner from the george pub on breck road .

The one on London road had two lads from anfield who worked there circa 1980 who shall l remain nameless , they would wear big coats right through the summer to hide the fact they had Pairs and pairs of jumbo cords wrapped around there body ready to sell later that and every night .

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: December 23, 2015, 10:36:59 pm »
Keep dixie and takeys.

Everything else is for the wools.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #260 on: May 18, 2016, 12:07:44 am »
An inspired bump from the two eggs in cup thread .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #261 on: May 18, 2016, 12:19:51 am »
what's the one where the bird sits on the handlebars like in Butch Cassidy?
Anal Sex.

No that wasn't an offer :)

:lmao

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #262 on: May 18, 2016, 12:40:11 am »
"Legger" was getting "boat raced" as Macca rightly pointed out.

Subject change here. Was it "a jigger " or "an enog"?

Jigger .

Let's shoot down this jigger la.

Sorted. Enog is pure wool. A bit like how wools call a pen ( penalty ) a penog.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #263 on: May 18, 2016, 12:41:46 am »

Fucking hell Dave, now you've got me thinking. Remember the flats in St Oswald Street? Opposite there was a shop called Fruity Boutique. I'm pretty sure it was the only shop in Liverpool before the big supermarkets came to town where you could buy a punnet of grapes, 5lb of spuds, a pair of socks and a fucking toilet seat in the same fucking aisle.

Fuckin cryin here off that.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #264 on: May 18, 2016, 12:48:50 am »
Keep dixie. Every time. You'd be a bad wool to think otherwise  ;)

Is the right answer.

Ive just gone through this whole thread and love every minute of it. Only took me a few glasses of vino tonto. I was bent double double at some of the posts.

Born to be a Scouser ...

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #265 on: May 18, 2016, 06:55:26 am »
Is the right answer.

Ive just gone through this whole thread and love every minute of it. Only took me a few glasses of vino tonto. I was bent double double at some of the posts.

Born to be a Scouser ...
[emoji51]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: May 18, 2016, 09:21:43 am »
Jigger .

I've never ever heard that. Who the fuck says penog?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: May 18, 2016, 09:25:40 am »
It's a backy where I come from

Is correct
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2016, 10:04:27 am »
Jigger .

Enog when I was a kid in Everton a very long time ago.

Get them out!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2016, 10:51:53 am »
I've never ever heard that. Who the fuck says penog?

Woolies.

Had cousins by Wigan as a kid and the used the term penog.

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2016, 10:52:55 am »
Enog when I was a kid in Everton a very long time ago.

Wool.

;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2016, 10:53:55 am »

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Shazz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: May 18, 2016, 10:57:55 am »
Wool.

;D

I just knew you'd say that  ;D

Get them out!

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #273 on: May 18, 2016, 12:38:12 pm »
I just knew you'd say that  ;D

Do you still have a three star jumper ?      ;D

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: May 18, 2016, 04:15:52 pm »
Do you still have a three star jumper ?      ;D

Halfway up his back? ;-)

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #275 on: May 18, 2016, 05:15:13 pm »
Halfway up his back? ;-)

Ders a fuckin woollyback !

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: May 18, 2016, 05:48:44 pm »
What about if your sat on crossbars?

Hang on, answered on first page. Should really start reading from page 1.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 05:52:54 pm by Upinsmoke »

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #277 on: May 18, 2016, 10:34:33 pm »
What about if your sat on crossbars?

Hang on, answered on first page. Should really start reading from page 1.

Just wait until you get to the Chrommy bit

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Stevie-A

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #278 on: May 19, 2016, 08:25:16 am »
Ders a fuckin woollyback !

And so ends one of my favourite chants as a youth  :)

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #279 on: June 3, 2016, 08:07:25 pm »
From Dingle.

Its a takey!!

But don't hold your mates hips, cos then your a poof.

It was a backey in Walton Vale and that post had me pissing myself. So true. 👍🏼