Author Topic: Nicholas Anelka  (Read 33438 times)

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Nicholas Anelka
« Reply #40 on: July 4, 2013, 09:09:31 pm »
Manager of which club?

This is a thread from last year, he was meant to manage that Chinese club he joined
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #41 on: July 4, 2013, 09:48:36 pm »
I'd assume Anelka is the short-term replacement for Odemwingie, but does he (Anelka) actually have anything left in the tank at this point? He played 15 times in 2011/12 for Chelsea scoring once. He scored 3 goals in 22 games for Shanghai Shenua and only appeared three times (no goals) for Juventus. Seems a bit of an odd signing for West Brom, who need to prioritize either bringing Lukaku back on loan or someone of a similar ilk.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: July 4, 2013, 10:40:33 pm »
He's completely and utterly finished.

BUT, will always remember him giving the single best performance I've seen in the flesh against Newcastle in the infamous floodlight game. Didn't score, but did everything to perfection.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #43 on: July 5, 2013, 04:42:51 am »
He's had more clubs than Peter Stringfellow.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: July 5, 2013, 11:59:40 pm »
just handed in a transfer request

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #45 on: July 6, 2013, 12:08:59 am »
Must be giving bill gates a run for his money with all the signing on fees
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Paris Saint-Germain

• Kopite
« Reply #46 on: July 6, 2013, 03:12:40 am »
this guy had everything except a brain...

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #47 on: July 6, 2013, 08:42:55 am »
Must be giving bill gates a run for his money with all the signing on fees

Ibrahimovic doesnt approve this message.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 03:56:00 pm by rvk_1983 »

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2013, 03:44:34 pm »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/west-bromwich-albion/10259885/Nicolas-Anelka-leaves-West-Bromwich-Albion-and-could-retire-from-football-completely.html

.... It is believed Anelka may have experienced a recent tragedy in his personal life and talks to find an amicable solution with the club have so far failed. There is no suggestion of a bust-up......

Dunno how much of it is true.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2013, 03:49:27 pm »
:lmao

Not really funny if there is any truth in the post below yours is it
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2013, 03:50:51 pm »

Seriously.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline rvk_1983

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2013, 03:55:42 pm »
Seriously.

i didnt see the tragedy bit in the link above my post ..sorry about  that  :)

Offline shambles

• Kopite
  • It's not easy being green
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 03:57:41 pm »
Apparently his agent has died

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2013, 03:58:03 pm »
Apparently his agent has died

Isn't his agent his brother?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 04:04:52 pm »

It is.

Seriously.

Yes seriously. Would you be happy at someone laughing at your brother dying?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 04:07:49 pm »
Aye, Claude Anelka. a bit of a muppet really,remember him paying a lower league club just so he could manage them.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 04:12:59 pm »
"WBA insist Anelka has NOT retired. His agent/brother has died - which has hit him badly. He has been excused from Saturdays match"
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 04:13:47 pm »
His brother was his agent a while back.
Think this is someone called Doug Pingisi

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2013, 04:14:18 pm »
Terrible news for him to receive.

Would have thought people might show more respect to a former Red.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:31 pm »
thought he was gone mad for a minute. poor fella

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:40 pm »
Laughed at first but seen the story behind it, bad news. Hope he recovers asap and becomes the footballer we know he can be

Offline JTK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: August 22, 2013, 04:16:58 pm »
YNWA Nico, not good

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: August 22, 2013, 04:19:04 pm »
Aye, Claude Anelka. a bit of a muppet really,remember him paying a lower league club just so he could manage them.

We know nothing about the guy but if he has just died we dont need to be calling him a 'muppet'.

Terrible news for him to receive.

Would have thought people might show more respect to a former Red.

Or anyone!

Offline theredguy03

• Put balls in his mouth and nearly choked
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho- Used to be Man City's tormentor
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 04:19:28 pm »
 :( I wish Anelka well as he needs all the time he can get. I know this is a cliché but things like this put football into perspective.
My favourite all time LFC player? Tough choice.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: August 22, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »
thought he was gone mad for a minute. poor fella
I thought he signed with them for a signing on fee or something and then just walked now that he'd gotten it but hope all is well with him.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Quaid

• Thinks clinical is cretinous. Takes one to know one.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: August 22, 2013, 04:21:35 pm »
It is.

Yes seriously. Would you be happy at someone laughing at your brother dying?

No I was agreeing with you mate. Sorry probably should have written more than one word.
“By definition, you have to live until you die. Better to make that life as complete and enjoyable an experience as possible, in case death is shite, which I suspect it will be.”

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: August 22, 2013, 04:22:39 pm »

There are loads of conflicting reports around at the moment.

Online TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #69 on: August 22, 2013, 04:24:51 pm »
Yeah seen that

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #70 on: August 22, 2013, 04:45:35 pm »
His brother was his agent a while back.
Think this is someone called Doug Pingisi

According to goal.com Pingisi is his agent.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/people/france/1936/nicolas-anelka/transfers
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2013, 05:09:17 pm »
@BenSmithBBC 23m
Anelka's agent (not brother) has died. #WBA will give him time to get his head right. Suggestions he may retire are premature

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2013, 05:30:52 pm »
sad to hear of Anelka's troubles, I always had a soft spot for him, he's a unique character in a game with few unique characters.
here's a piece by Dion Fanning in last weeks Irish Indo on him.

Dion Fanning – 18 August 201 - Irish Independent

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sometimes-its-better-to-care-too-little-than-care-too-much-29507766.html

Sometimes it's better to care too little than care too much

The Premier League's chief executive Richard Scudamore was defiant last week when it was suggested that the probable departure of Gareth Bale meant that the English league was no longer the place to be for bright young talents.

Scudamore recalled that his league had survived the departure of Beckham and Ronaldo and continued to engage the public and the TV companies which keep giving them money. Scudamore sounded more than ever like an executive producer of a long-running drama as he explained the appeal of this popular staple in the schedule.

Jose Mourinho's return was welcome because "he's a character, a successful character and a talking point".

Mourinho is a Lannister, returning to provide the drama which the Premier League produces better than anybody. The most talented players may have always chosen Spain, and now Germany, ahead of England but that didn't matter when the league was so full of sub-plots – so many sub-plots and so much character development – that sometimes the plot was the least important thing of all.

One man is returning and bucking this trend, as he has always bucked the trend. In their vast Premier League preview, BT Sport's pundits turned their attention at one point to Nicolas Anelka. Did he still have the fire in the belly, Michael Owen wondered? Soon Steve McManaman was also wondering about the fire in Anelka's belly, which implied there was once a time when this fire had roared.

It was disappointing that in this the most exciting season yet, so many fell back on a series of exhausted metaphors to talk about a great man like Anelka. Especially as they couldn't be less appropriate.

Steve Clarke, his new manager, insisted that Anelka still had "the hunger" to score goals.

Anelka is not returning to England to demonstrate that he still has the hunger. His career has been built, quite gloriously, on an absence of what is crudely known as hunger. He has, instead, demonstrated the need for solitude and an aloof detachment. "He was never one of the lads," Owen recalled, admiringly.

Anelka might have missed a penalty in Moscow in 2008 but he stayed above the fray. "That is out of the question," he said when asked to take one of the first five penalties.

He has always been unknowable, helped by his reluctance to stay anywhere for any length of time.

It would be a great disappointment if he was to arrive at the Hawthorns and start gesticulating wildly at the crowd when West Brom won a corner. Indeed any display of what is routinely praised as passion would not just be disappointing to witness in Anelka, it would probably be counter-productive.

There is no image in the mind's eye of Anelka making a furious windmill gesture to get the fans going while demonstrating his own commitment and he is all the better for it.

He has returned to England from across the narrow sea after a short spell at Juventus, a short spell at Shanghai Shenhua and, of course, a short spell nearly everywhere he has played.

When they say there are no characters left in the game, they should be reminded of Anelka. He has made ironic detachment effective and spectacularly funny. Things didn't work out for him in China, certainly not in the accepted sense. He was accused by one fan of shunning the traditional bow to supporters after a game and Anelka again revealed his profound commitment to his own values.

"You are the captain and you should be responsible for this. If you don't respect us, we don't respect you," the angry fan told him.

"I don't care," Anelka reportedly replied. He was, according to When Saturday Comes, late for pre-season in China as he was angered at a "lack of preferential treatment" from the club.

So those who try and spot the old hunger in his eyes will be looking for a long time or, perhaps, will be able to declare that Nicolas Anelka is as hungry as he ever was.

There is no room in this magnificently ambivalent personality for hackneyed talk of passion and fire in the belly.

He is a fine embodiment of the idea that it is sometimes better to care too little rather than care too much.

John Giles wrote about Jimmy Greaves in those terms in The Great & the Good, suggesting that Greaves, who was said to enjoy a game of tennis, often played football as if he loved tennis more than football.

"He didn't seem to care if he missed a chance. And I don't mean that he could fool himself into thinking it didn't matter. It was as if he really didn't give a damn. He'd say, 'Ah fack it', and just get on with it, knowing that he probably wouldn't miss the next chance. Or the one after that."

Presumably there were some who questioned Greaves' hunger but they weren't wondering about the fire in his belly when he scored 220 goals for Tottenham Hotspur in 321 appearances.

Anelka is no Greaves but he has been spotted enjoying tennis and he, too, had a critical detachment that was essential to his gifts and essential to some other traits too.

It was said of Greaves that the game began to matter more to him as he reached the end. Perhaps this explains some of Anelka's recent career moves, although he has been making inexplicable decisions throughout his career. Perhaps he felt this need to give something back when he had a short spell as manager of Shanghai Shenhua during his short spell at the club.

This was not a success, which is no surprise as he could be said to have gone against his instincts. He should obey them again at the Hawthorns. He must ignore the critics when they tell him to roll his sleeves up or if they ask if he is showing enough hunger. Any explicit and unnecessary act of passion is simply out of the question.

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/sometimes-its-better-to-care-too-little-than-care-too-much-29507766.html

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »
Telegraph claim his agent is Eric Manasse

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2013, 07:16:05 pm »
We're done here.

Offline 666

• Legacy Fan
  • "وقدم ليفربول بالنسبة لي وقدم الأول لليفر
Re: Anelka
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2013, 10:55:42 pm »
What's up with his celebration?
"Ливерпуль игроки должны играть, как лев, дать его все. Там должно быть определение, приверженность и решимость быть игроком Ливерпуля".

"Так Роджер Хант пропустив кілька, але він потрапляє в потрібне місце, щоб пропустити їх." ~ Білл Шенклі з репортером

Maestro di lingue, conquistatore del mondo.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2013, 11:06:42 pm »
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2013, 11:09:48 pm »
It was for his comedian mate, weren't it?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2013, 11:16:35 pm »
That French minister Valerie or something, she has been a complete c*nt when it comes to football, hasn't she?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2013, 11:22:46 pm »
I do love Anelka.