Author Topic: New stadium - the 96 seats  (Read 30722 times)

Offline philmcevatt

• Legacy Fan
Re: New stadium - the 96 seats
« Reply #120 on: August 23, 2007, 06:48:56 am »
"Giving away" 96 seats has virtually no admin problems so not sure where anyone is coming from on that front. The worry is the potential cost to the club - about £50000 a year in lost revenue if a kid's seat is £20.
Great original idea, i'd suggest though if these options are being discussed then the missed revenue from 96 empty seats would already be factored in.
Not only do i think pot should be legalized, it should be mandatory.......... That'd  be a nice world, wouldnt it? Mellow, hungry, quiet f*cked up people everywhere

Life is Just a ride.......

Offline XPeriment626

• Main Stander
  • Class and grace - money can't buy either of these
« Reply #121 on: August 23, 2007, 08:17:02 am »
Give the seats to the kids. That will also symbolise the continuity of the tradition of the club, from those who have passed on to those who are starting their journey in life.

It also doesn't hurt to make sure as many kids grow up red rather than blue  ;D
Maybe football won't end all the wars in the world. But it sure keeps people distracted long enough for you to steal their guns!

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #122 on: August 23, 2007, 08:56:12 am »
I went on the tour around the Olympiakos stadium, and they have the number 7 permanently in white standing out against the other red seats in the block where the gate was.
I don't think Olympiakos leave 21 empty seats though, but maybe I'm wrong there.

I said in another thread that maybe we could have the number 96 incorporated into the seats of the new stadium.  I'm going with the idea of 96 incorporated in the seat design, and 96 free tickets every game a much better gesture.

Maybe we could leave the 96 seats empty for the game nearest the 15th April every year that way it would stand out more without people getting used to the seats empty every game.
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #123 on: August 23, 2007, 10:48:36 am »
Get the boys pen back in and have the 96 seats amongst that.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline Curva Nord '77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2007, 01:03:44 am »
Get the boys pen back in and have the 96 seats amongst that.

Equally good idea but similar to Rushian's. It would be fitting that the 96 inspires an on-going legacy. Any maths geniuses out there that could tell us what sort of logarithmic numbers we would be looking at with 96 new LFC fans, present for each home game, over a full season, times ten, or twenty years?

Thousands of New Reds.

A fitting tribute to the 96.

JFT96

YNWA

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2007, 01:09:16 am »
Rushians original idea is a great one.

:wellin

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #126 on: August 24, 2007, 01:10:08 am »
96 for the kids. Love it! :champ :scarf
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline Thé_Ḓárk_P̌áşşéngér

• RAWK Revolutionary.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Guns don't kill people, chimps do!
« Reply #127 on: August 24, 2007, 01:12:11 am »
Equally good idea but similar to Rushian's. It would be fitting that the 96 inspires an on-going legacy. Any maths geniuses out there that could tell us what sort of logarithmic numbers we would be looking at with 96 new LFC fans, present for each home game, over a full season, times ten, or twenty years?

Thousands of New Reds.

A fitting tribute to the 96.

JFT96

YNWA

Just check out Saving Private Ryan.
“Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass. It is terribly simple.”

Offline My name is Emlyn

• Main Stander
« Reply #128 on: August 25, 2007, 11:40:04 am »
Just a few ideas and apologies if any of these suggestions have been mentioned previously. Why not just give one of the new stands a name with reference to the Hillsborough tragedy and make the outer area outside that stand a memorial encorporating the existing elements from anfield. In the plans for the stadium there are ideas about having what they call 'living' walls. Perhaps there is scope in this to create a living continuous tribute.  Also I'm sure part of the museum can be set aside to the memories of the victims, perhaps celebrating their lives in some way. I know the cases are very different but I've been to some holocaust tributes which when done correctly can be quite moving when they just recount the everyday details of peoples lives in a simple and dignified way. Also simple things like planting 96 trees around the new stadium or along the new anfield plaza might also be fitting. Rushian's idea is of course also great but I still think it would be nice in some way for the stadium to physically represent the victims visually and permanently as this is a once in a lifetime opporunity to make a lasting and enduring tribute. While 96 empty seats may not be desireable, a pattern of permanently empty spaces (not seats) built into the design and permanently visible culminating in a 96 shape may be fitting and perhaps on evening matches the lights could be dimmed illuminating this pattern in some way. I think its nice to feel the victims are there watching with us on every occassion.
plus ca change, plus c'est le meme chose

Offline Beggerz

• can't be custom title chooserz
  • Kopite
  • Pride of Merseyside
« Reply #129 on: August 25, 2007, 05:40:17 pm »
Great idea

Offline pcoops

• Main Stander
  • When prayers get answered
« Reply #130 on: September 7, 2007, 10:51:03 pm »
Spot on Rushian lad. That would be a fantastic gesture and one in keeping with all our beliefs. With the idea of adding a plaque on the seats as well is a fantastic touch as well, will really help to spread the word amongst the next generation and bring it home to them what it is to support this amazing club.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 8, 2007, 12:29:15 pm »
Many of the ideas on here are brilliant, i also think that they could put the words '96 never forgotten' above the kop on the end of the roof  (sort of like St James Park where it says 'newcastle united' on the end of the roof) with 2 flames either side.

they could do 2 different sets of seats either side of the kop in a seperate section one side in the shape of a 9 the other in the shape of a 6 and put them in a different colour.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #132 on: September 8, 2007, 01:18:22 pm »
Deffo 96 seats offered to schools in Liverpool.  Get them in young let them learn.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #133 on: September 8, 2007, 01:45:11 pm »
If it goes ahead does anyone know if the names will be on the seats.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Keg

• wanted Rafa out two years ago
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2007, 04:06:31 pm »
If it goes ahead does anyone know if the names will be on the seats.

That would be a great idea if implemented...96 seats with each name on it...and as Rushian said give them to the kids on a rotational basis.
96 Never forgotten. R.I.P.

Offline dunnythered

• Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: March 31, 2008, 01:22:04 am »
te idea about the school kids is great and i totally agree that we should do somthing about remebering. but i do think that the empty seats would remind the gobshite who was sat infront of me moaning at the arsenal fa cup game last season. bcoz he couldnt see. he was kindly reminded that ther was 96 reds who would never see the game. however the gentleman who informed this c*nt of this was the correwctd himslef when he was told that the 96 will always be there

Offline kingjari

• But you can call me Off the Pitch. Or donut.
  • Legacy Fan
  • It is our RIGHT, our DUTY to throw off such owners
« Reply #136 on: March 31, 2008, 10:51:56 pm »
Fantastic idea Rushian, I can't think of anything better. 96 free seats given to local children, a simple and fitting way to introduce local kids to the Reds but also to help educate them. I also like the idea of a symbolic 96th row on the new KOP.    Great ideas lads 
SIR Bill Shankly:
"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They are only there to sign the cheques."

Spirit Of Shankly- JFT96

Con el Socio, todo ; sin el socio, nada

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html-  join online

Offline zionistzidane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2008, 10:42:24 pm »
great idea mate  :)

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2008, 10:48:12 pm »
A block of 96 seats should be set aside for all games and given away free to schools in the local area on a rotational basis, allowing young fans their first glimpse of Anfield action. We all know the high cost prevents many kids getting to see the men in Red, and I think this proactive act of remembrance would be a worthier way of remembering those who perished in the act of supporting the Reds.

Have you sent these views to anybody who has the potential to propose this to the people in charge of the operation? If not, then you should, 'coz it's a brilliant idea.

Offline Kings Of Istanbul 5

• Main Stander
  • The Liverbird Upon My Chest
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:02 pm »
I really like the idea for 96 seats to be giving to kids
Youll Never Walk Alone It Said , Torres Torres

Offline Shanks1965

• SOS member 981
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 96 friends who we all miss...
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2008, 10:52:34 pm »
The 96 seats donated to local schools idea is a good one, very appropriate. Alternatively the club could donate the equivalent ammount of 96 seats each home game to the local community. Either one would be a fitting and appropriate gesture.
Seen more titles than he can remember...

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2008, 11:12:02 pm »
Great original idea, i'd suggest though if these options are being discussed then the missed revenue from 96 empty seats would already be factored in.

whats this equal to?
one or 2 weeks wages for most players? pfff....

i think setting aside 96 seats for as many school kids is a great idea,
it would help the fanbase in the longrun by keeping the spirit alive amogst the youth and the locals.

there should also be a 96 or an eternal flame embedded into the seat pattern so visible from all other parts of the stadium ... :D

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2008, 11:13:55 pm »
96 seats given to kids is a great idea.

You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2008, 11:16:36 pm »
Just a few ideas and apologies if any of these suggestions have been mentioned previously. Why not just give one of the new stands a name with reference to the Hillsborough tragedy and make the outer area outside that stand a memorial encorporating the existing elements from anfield. In the plans for the stadium there are ideas about having what they call 'living' walls. Perhaps there is scope in this to create a living continuous tribute.  Also I'm sure part of the museum can be set aside to the memories of the victims, perhaps celebrating their lives in some way. I know the cases are very different but I've been to some holocaust tributes which when done correctly can be quite moving when they just recount the everyday details of peoples lives in a simple and dignified way. Also simple things like planting 96 trees around the new stadium or along the new anfield plaza might also be fitting. Rushian's idea is of course also great but I still think it would be nice in some way for the stadium to physically represent the victims visually and permanently as this is a once in a lifetime opporunity to make a lasting and enduring tribute. While 96 empty seats may not be desireable, a pattern of permanently empty spaces (not seats) built into the design and permanently visible culminating in a 96 shape may be fitting and perhaps on evening matches the lights could be dimmed illuminating this pattern in some way. I think its nice to feel the victims are there watching with us on every occassion.

a few good ideas here also..
i wouldnt like to forget about heysel too tho, its an important part of our past never to forget,
it may not have been our fans that perished, but we cannot forget or take it for granted.
there should be a reminder present about it too i believe

Offline SoylentGreen

• Main Stander
  • TRUE force
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2008, 11:39:05 pm »
Hicks is apparently going to add 96 executive boxes in the Kop as a mark of his respect.
Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c*nts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2008, 11:44:22 pm »
Hicks is apparently going to add 96 executive boxes in the Kop as a mark of his respect.

that is not respect, tragedy should be represented by honour and charity inkind,
not by corperatism and greed...

i think the 96 kids would be more welcome in the ground,
and 96 kids would be more appreciated,

Offline SoylentGreen

• Main Stander
  • TRUE force
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2008, 11:45:42 pm »
that is not respect, tragedy should be represented by honour and charity inkind,

i think it was sarcasm...let me check...yeah it was definitely sarcasm
Listen, you fuckers, you screwheads. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the c*nts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.

Offline James B

• anned.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all dream of a team o' Caraghers!
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2008, 11:46:44 pm »

I'm pretty sure he was joking mate.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2008, 11:57:53 pm »
I'm pretty sure he was joking mate.

bah!! :P

that what a few beers + wines do to me judgement! :D

Offline Fjohn

• Anny Roader
  • JFT 96
« Reply #149 on: April 20, 2008, 12:46:49 am »
Great idea Rushian.
Agree.
No money, no credibility, no honesty, no integrity, no dignity, no custodian. HICKS OUT...

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 20, 2008, 01:58:52 am »
I don't know if it's been mentioned but what if they put the 96 seats on a podium somewhere in the Kop. With an eternal flame on each side of the podium too. Here the 96 school children can sit and represent the 96 with a clear touching memorial that will be noticeable in all parts of the ground.

Offline a former tribune of the plebs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: April 20, 2008, 02:00:56 am »
Would the eternal flame be an actual flame? Sorry if that's a stupid question

Offline scoreinaminute

• Anny Roader
  • "Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic." Emlyn
« Reply #152 on: April 20, 2008, 02:04:25 am »
Great idea Rushian, more kids need to be given the chance to see their heroes with the cost going up all the time...would love to see the seats in the Kop arranged to display the number 96 and the HJC eternal flame. Would look brilliant!
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 02:26:19 am by scoreinaminute »
"If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing." Shanks

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: April 20, 2008, 02:09:10 am »
The 96 seats for kids would be great, be like the old Boys Pen of sorts

Offline Mike Doyle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: April 20, 2008, 02:12:00 am »
Would the eternal flame be an actual flame? Sorry if that's a stupid question

Yeah, kind of like the Olympic flame.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #155 on: April 20, 2008, 02:28:42 am »

Instead I'd like to propose an alternative 96 seats idea.

A block of 96 seats should be set aside for all games and given away free to schools in the local area on a rotational basis, allowing young fans their first glimpse of Anfield action. We all know the high cost prevents many kids getting to see the men in Red, and I think this proactive act of remembrance would be a worthier way of remembering those who perished in the act of supporting the Reds.

Absolutely great idea, mate.  Push it forward to the club.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Bushy

• Hrtfordshir
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANNUAL RANDOM RaWKITE 2006
« Reply #156 on: April 20, 2008, 02:35:55 am »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Rushian on August 21, 2007, 10:56:25 AM

Instead I'd like to propose an alternative 96 seats idea.

should defo be done.

Offline minusone

• considered rubbish
  • Legacy Fan
  • Resurrection 2.0
« Reply #157 on: April 20, 2008, 02:45:19 am »
Fantastic idea.

I thought the original idea of 96 empty seats was good, but did have a few reservations, most of which have been covered. But allowing these 96 seats to be 'donated' to the school kids of the local area would be an amazing way to make something positive come from the tragedy.

As for the making the seats in a 96 or flame, i think, as pointed out, it could be a bit impractical having kids bunched in the awkward arrangement. Maybe instead have each seat labeled with the name of one of the victims of Hillsborough?

All in all though, a great idea.

I also like the idea of 96 beams of light shining up into the night around the ground.
Fired?? He should be shot! With shit, human shit!

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #158 on: April 20, 2008, 04:25:49 am »
http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/19/council-let-s-sort-out-liverpool-fc-stadium-mess-100252-20787659/

Council: Let's sort out Liverpool FC stadium mess

Apr 19 2008 by Nick Coligan, Liverpool Echo

A SPEEDY end to Liverpool FC’s stadium saga is required to kickstart a much-needed regeneration scheme.

That was the message from community leaders today as the debate about the club’s future plans continued.

Yesterday, the ECHO revealed how Walton MP Peter Kilfoyle wrote to sports minister Andy Burnham, asking him to intervene in the bitter ownership battle at Anfield.

He spoke of his fears about how squabbles between Liverpool’s American co-owners were affecting the area’s multi-million pound regeneration scheme.

Today, politicians and residents said they needed the Reds to forge ahead with the plan to build a new 60,000-seater stadium as soon as possible.

Liverpool council gave the club’s second ground proposal the go-ahead late last year.

But planners are now considering major changes to the application after it was redesigned for a third time to cut costs.

A decision is expected shortly.

Some regeneration work has started though, with the restoration of the rest of Stanley park to its Victorian splendour underway and due to finish early next year.

The derelict Gladstone conservatory has been dismantled so it can be refurbished into north Liverpool’s version of the Sefton park palm house.

And some housing regeneration is taking place, with terraced houses in Tancred Road brought up to modern standards.

But a crucial element of Anfield’s transformation – the redevelopment of the current ground stadium into a shop and restaurant-lined plaza – cannot happen until the new ground is built.

Council leader Warren Bradley said: “We want to see the new stadium on site and we need a definite decision from the club. We cannot carry on like this.

“We are pushing hard with our own developments, but it feels like the stadium debate is going on forever.

“If they are not going to do it, they must let us know so we can bring forward further plans.

“People in Anfield have waited too long already and deserve better.”

John Dillon, chairman of Anfield’s Pinehurst estate tenants and residents association (Petra), said: “It has just dragged on for too long.

“The regeneration of the area is the most important thing for us, but it seems to be held up by what is happening at the club. The plans for the ground are very good – the stadium itself and the bits around it are excellent. We are just waiting for the day it starts.”

nick.coligan@liverpool.com

A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.

Offline kingkenny79

• Kopite
  • King Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish, King Of Liverpool
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2008, 04:27:09 am »
its look like, the council might cancel the approval to built the new stadium if we fail to start the construction very very soon
A Pround Citizen of Kingdom Of Liverpool, Hail King Kenny, Long Live The King.