Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 109425 times)

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #840 on: December 6, 2011, 12:44:32 am »
Hold on a minute. What the fuck. A new right back? What's all this about?

Look at Enrique.. then look at Glen .. I'm talking about the deffensive part of their game. Maybe not a new RB but something should be done.. our right back have serious problems.. dont know if it's caused by poor tactics or something else, but Fulham (quite poor side this season) absolutly demolished us on the right ...
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 12:46:44 am by Gainsbarre »
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline Xabinator

• Legacy Fan
  • We will go to Paris.....we may even go to France
« Reply #841 on: December 6, 2011, 12:45:25 am »
RAWK is going to be an interesting place to be over the next couple of days.

Hard to know what to think, or more specifically, whether to type what I think, for fear of it seeming like knee-jerkism.

That horse GIF that's been posted had me laughing for ages. Now it makes me want to headbutt a small child. Andy has just got to sort his feet out, and prefereably stay on them once in a while. He's still reasonably young enough that he can grow into a consistent member of our side, so I wouldn't be doing anything rash but I also, as people have suggested, just shoehorn him into the side based on a pricetag when his game doesn't suit what we are trying to do.

Horrible decisions for both the offside goal and Jay's red. I used to hear that if it was lineball, the attacking player (Luis' goal) would get the benefit of the doubt. Not so, on this occasion. Jay, well it was silly to put himself in the situation when he could have just taken a touch and at worst given away a foul. A bit overzealous but when you are a young guy trying to cement a spot, these things happen.

Enrique could be the buy of the season for any club in the league. So composed and strong. I would like him to shoot more often when he get in range as we've seen with Charlie, you never know what can happen if you have a crack. Brilliant bit of business from the club to bring him in though.

Can't understand the decision to leave Maxi on the bench. Should have started and at worst should have been on after 70mins or so. Play the players in form, especially when they suit the system.

And one last thing and this is a question rather than a statement, barring injuries to Agger and Skrtel, does anybody see Carra playing a whole lot more football for LFC in the league?

Gutted but we move on.
"Sir, I may be an idiot but there is one thing that I am not - and that, sir, is an idiot" Peter Griffin

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #842 on: December 6, 2011, 12:45:29 am »
As far as i remember, that wasn't a characteristic of his game last season.
He was certainly much more bullish.. Did he get pushed off the ball at Newcastle all the time? I don't know..

Good point actually, thought he looked like a beast at Newcastle. Maybe its all in his head. I still think writing him off is very premature, something which too many people are doing.

On a positive note, I think Enrique is signing of the season. His attacking was much better today, he could have scored and the pass for Suarez's goal was simply beautiful!!
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #843 on: December 6, 2011, 12:46:21 am »
Just got back from the game, fucking despise London public transport.

Was sitting in the Fulham end 'cos I got offered a free ticket. Got a few comments/questions on the game as I haven't turned on Sky Sports yet.

From where I was sitting, it looked like Spearing got the ball. Am I right? Also, was in no position to see whether it was offside or not but Luis finished it well. Again, how harsh was this decision? Officiating was fucking terrible across the board the whole game. Dempsey is one lucky boy.

Had some posh twat who was adamant he would rather have Ruiz in his team that 'that c*nt Suarez'. The Fulham faithful despised him, and I fucking love it. We need a player like him that gets under the oppositions skin.

We didn't play too badly but Fulham wern't great and we really should of taken advantage. Oh well, roll on the next game. And bed.
here you go:

Notice too that the ball has already left the ground, and is in motion.. So i think this pic is off by some miliseconds.
When i seen the replays, i was sure he was onside, the commentators were adamant too.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #844 on: December 6, 2011, 12:47:18 am »
Good point actually, thought he looked like a beast at Newcastle. Maybe its all in his head. I still think writing him off is very premature, something which too many people are doing.

On a positive note, I think Enrique is signing of the season. His attacking was much better today, he could have scored and the pass for Suarez's goal was simply beautiful!!
I don't think he'll ever get the physical license for us that he used to for Newcastle though. Refs tend to give more leeway to 'lesser' teams when it comes to the rough stuff. It's like when Crouch joined - he seemed to start conceding frees just because of being tall. Crouch did a good job of adapting, can/will Carroll?
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #845 on: December 6, 2011, 12:47:33 am »
Just finished watching the game. Really frustrated and disappointed.

Carroll right now just doesn't fit into the team for me. He follows the play to much rather than thinking ahead of it. Honestly he never looked like scoring for me.
Spearing was desperately unlucky, got the ball clean and followed through with dembela jumping a 100 feet in the air to get him sent off, shocking decision.

Why Maxi wasn't playing is a big question, really disappointed.

As to the goal nothing we can do Pepe needs to hold his hand up for that one and knowing him he will be kicking himself all the way home. Got to question why no-one was following up just incase.

And why do opposition keepers always have a fantastic play out of their boots games against us!! It's ridiculous.

This is our problem right here, spank chelsea twice , played man city off the park and then lose to fulham. Tired of it.

We just weren't good enough tonight plain and simple.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #846 on: December 6, 2011, 12:47:39 am »
Look at Enrique.. then look at Glen .. I'm talking about the deffensive part of their game. Maybe not a new RB but something should be done.. our right back have serious problems.. dont know if it's caused by poor tactics or something else, but Fulham (quite poor side this season) absolutly demolished us on the right ...
We have Glen & Martin to cover that RB spot, no need to consider other options..
Both have varying qualities, We can adapt to required attacking or defensive needs.

Offline RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #847 on: December 6, 2011, 12:48:57 am »
These things happen with what is still a relatively new team. No Lucas, playing with 10 men for 20 minutes. Hitting the post...twice, not a lot went our way but I can't stand pessimists writing us off already.

Keep supporting, and move on.

Once again a fantastic effort from the away support.

On a sidenote: I do think for now we play far better football without Carroll in the team and that game was crying for Maxi in the box. He's 22 in his debut season for us and it certainly wouldn't harm him to start less games. Although god forbid a young player be eased in nowadays...

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #848 on: December 6, 2011, 12:49:15 am »
I dont disagree. Trouble is mate, the longer we wait for Champions League Football, the further behind we fall, and then we have even more cathing up to do.

Not disputing that. But that damage has already been done, by G+H draining the club dry, through Purslows attempts at playing FM, by Hodgson's disasterous reign and (for me to a far lesser extent) Rafa taking his eye off the ball in his last season. Fourth place is still wide open this season - we are not even at Christmas yet! Even if we do miss out, if we keep improving every season, both in terms of players and performances we will get back up there and be in a position to have another tilt.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #849 on: December 6, 2011, 12:49:24 am »
I don't think he'll ever get the physical license for us that he used to for Newcastle though. Refs tend to give more leeway to 'lesser' teams when it comes to the rough stuff. It's like when Crouch joined - he seemed to start conceding frees just because of being tall. Crouch did a good job of adapting, can/will Carroll?

Its not even that he gives away frees, its that every time the ball goes near him he falls over. He needs to stop being bullied.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #850 on: December 6, 2011, 12:50:57 am »

I'd like Andy to become a beast here and prove himself, I'd prefer him to stay. But, if everything remains as it is, We are not going anywhere. Certainly not scoring anyway. We have clever players, and a big target man.. Can't help buy feel its  like a square peg in a round hole. For the time being, I think he should come off the bench for 25/30mins a game.

Henderson played quality in the middle tonight.. I think that's the one blessing in disguise from Lucas's injury, We may get to see the best of Jordan in what appears to be his preferred and more natural position. He looked quality tonight, and looks like a player who can grow to be a leader.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #851 on: December 6, 2011, 12:52:32 am »
;D

Proper funny fella this one. Always makes me laugh.

Ha, is right.

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #852 on: December 6, 2011, 12:53:40 am »
I'd like Andy to become a beast here and prove himself, I'd prefer him to stay. But, if everything remains as it is, We are not going anywhere. Certainly not scoring anyway. We have clever players, and a big target man.. Can't help buy feel its  like a square peg in a round hole. For the time being, I think he should come off the bench for 25/30mins a game.

Henderson played quality in the middle tonight.. I think that's the one blessing in disguise from Lucas's injury, We may get to see the best of Jordan in what appears to be his preferred and more natural position. He looked quality tonight, and looks like a player who can grow to be a leader.

Very impressed with Henderson, his burst forward and shot against the post is is one of the many things we have been lacking. It will be interesting to see where he plays now, can he do the defensive job of Lucas/Spearing? I'd prefer him to have more licence but he may have to fill in for the next 3 games.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #853 on: December 6, 2011, 12:56:28 am »
We have Glen & Martin to cover that RB spot, no need to consider other options..
Both have varying qualities, We can adapt to required attacking or defensive needs.

For me, if we play Glen we need someone on the wing to cover for him and a most energetic DM who excelles in defence (Lucas maybe not the most energetic one I can think but it turn out to be a beast on the air and on tackling)... Glen is the weak link in defence and with Adam (quite slow and hardly running a lot after 70 min of play) and Jay (lacking experiance) I fear that the defense just couldn't cope to cover enough the center and Glen zone.. He brings some attacking threat but if you watch the last 20 mins of the game against Fulham it's unbelieveble how passive he can be in our own box..
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline keswick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #854 on: December 6, 2011, 01:00:28 am »
Glen's best games are always against the better teams...A little bit like LFC s best games!

Offline B.Red

• Kopite
  • Pray to God but row away from the rocks!
« Reply #855 on: December 6, 2011, 01:06:46 am »
I'm disappointed we didn't win, but not winning isn't the end of the world. Not winning is just exactly what it says on the tin i.e not winning. And as much as it frustrates to not win we need to look ahead to future wins. Wins that will help us get respected as a team again, wins which will help us get back into the elite again. Not winning against smaller teams is our Achilles heel, but I believe winning will breed winning which will again breed more winning confidence. The only problem is: we have to win. And that doesn't look like happening against small clubs.

WTF?

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #856 on: December 6, 2011, 01:09:14 am »
WTF?
I thought i was reading a chapter from Inception when reading that.

Offline RedAtHeart

• Kopite
« Reply #857 on: December 6, 2011, 01:13:34 am »
The offside was a close call, sometimes we have a goal from offside sometimes a regular goal is called offside. The tackle was League one level, you just dont do that.. both legs off the ground.. you can have a red, yellow or nothing.. Adam foul was outside the box... and why the fuck Adam didnt pass the ball to Bellamy? Suarez should have had a pen maybe from Sanderos..but was bit soft.. Dempsy could have had a red for what he's done but the many would have done just a yellow as Mr. Friend have done.. The ref was maybe bad, but far from what many try to portrait..

I agree that many were close calls, not sending Senderos off was a shocking call no matter how you look at it though.
Boom

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #858 on: December 6, 2011, 01:15:02 am »
i wish gerrard was back...he thrived in games like those

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #859 on: December 6, 2011, 01:15:46 am »
Spearing used 'excessive force' did he? Used to be called winning the ball but it's a fucking tart's game now.

That may well be the case but the rules are the rules.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline tommy LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #860 on: December 6, 2011, 01:19:25 am »
Heard someone say bellamy should have went down when Dempsey went head to head with him. Can see where he's coming from but happy he didnt.

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #861 on: December 6, 2011, 01:20:20 am »
Did Kenny do an interview after the game?
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #862 on: December 6, 2011, 01:20:41 am »
That may well be the case but the rules are the rules.
rules should be applied evenly without bias.

Fulham should have had 2 sent off.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #863 on: December 6, 2011, 01:21:39 am »
I'm disappointed we didn't win, but not winning isn't the end of the world. Not winning is just exactly what it says on the tin i.e not winning. And as much as it frustrates to not win we need to look ahead to future wins. Wins that will help us get respected as a team again, wins which will help us get back into the elite again. Not winning against smaller teams is our Achilles heel, but I believe winning will breed winning which will again breed more winning confidence. The only problem is: we have to win. And that doesn't look like happening against small clubs.

:wave

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #864 on: December 6, 2011, 01:22:08 am »
I fucking hate the media. Most of all Skysports.

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #865 on: December 6, 2011, 01:22:52 am »
Heard someone say bellamy should have went down when Dempsey went head to head with him. Can see where he's coming from but happy he didnt.

Why? If he had, that shithouse would have walked and we'd have battered them. We weren't getting anything from the ref anyway. Fuck it, play like the rest of them do.

As a sidenote, Bellamy would have battered him.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline TheOllie

• Main Stander
  • Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez runs down the wing for me
« Reply #866 on: December 6, 2011, 01:57:40 am »
Really should have won this...some ppl might say the sending off was unfair....personaly i dunno..u just can't show studs, spearo clearly did this and was sent off......Top 4? Have a hard time seeing that.....CC our best chance of euro footy next year.

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #867 on: December 6, 2011, 02:02:11 am »
Reading Kevin McCarra's match report in the Guardian and he writes:

"Liverpool have far to go before the standing of old is regained but there is scope to the squad. The task here was to get more menace from the line-up"

Hopefully there will be anger within the squad after this loss and that will bring them closer to unleashing the inner beast.

Their perseverance has oftentimes gone unrewarded but the wheel always turns and however long the day, the evening will come.

Offline Reds4Life

• Foot In Mouth Disease and Negative Hate Campaign Victim.
  • Kopite
  • LFC - A bastion of invincibility
« Reply #868 on: December 6, 2011, 02:04:40 am »
Can't believe we lost this fucking game!!!

Consistency again the problem but not helped by some lineball decisions that didn't fall our way.

Now my old manager (canny Scotsman funnily enough) once said to us that the linesmen and the ref are just elements to overcome like the team you are playing and the weather so suck it up and move on. You get some your way, you lose some. Spearing today, Rodwell at Woodison is a good example of that.

He also told us never to use that as an excuse for losing. If you need to start using excuses instead of taking them out of the equation (if it wasn't for this etc etc we would have won) you may as well pack up and fuck off home. You always control what you can and if you get a rough decision (rule a goal out) you score another so it doesn't matter.

To all those *ahem* supporters who are spraffing shit that we should give up even trying for 4th... This is Liverpool Football Club. We exist to win trophies, not to throw the fucking towel in on December the fucking 6th!! FOR FOURTH!! 

Wish you would all just put yourselves on some fucking register (something like "The we give up even trying for 4th by 6th December") where everyone else can give you all a wide fucking berth. Somewhere where only you can all go into and whinge and moan to your heart's content until you go fucking Everton in the face.

Hang your fucking heads in shame. No doubt you will be the same fuckers in here next Monday lauding us as the second coming of 1970 Brazil should we win the next one. Seriously, you people have more troughs than a pig sty. Bet a lot of you play football manager and when your teams doesn't win by at least 3 goals you turn the fucker off and reset it until you do.

You should never be able to utter the words "You'll Never Walk Alone" ever again. No time any more for people who do not understand the ethos, the history, the traditions, the fabric.... dare I say it...  fuck it I am going to say it "The Liverpool FUCKING Way"

To the bell ends who are considering responding to my directive with a plethora of witty retorts such as "superfan" or "uberfan" and will defend your right to have an opinion.... Fuck off and go and support a team that will accommodate such fucking pathetic, whiny, petty *ahem* supporters giving up on the 6th December.

Or you could rip open a sachet of concrete, pour into glass of water, stir, consume and HARDEN THE FUCK UP!

Have your say. Be critical but constructive. Fine. But never, ever, FUCKING EVER give up if you consider yourself a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 02:08:57 am by Reds4Life »
To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #869 on: December 6, 2011, 02:10:21 am »

Consistency again the problem but not helped by some lineball decisions that didn't fall our way.

Now my old manager (canny Scotsman funnily enough) once said to us that the linesmen and the ref are just elements to overcome like the team you are playing and the weather so suck it up and move on. You get some your way, you lose some. Spearing today, Rodwell at Woodison is a good example of that.

He also told us never to use that as an excuse for losing. If you need to start using excuses instead of taking them out of the equation (if it wasn't for this etc etc we would have won) you may as well pack up and fuck off home. You always control what you can and if you get a rough decision (rule a goal out) you score another so it doesn't matter.

To all those *ahem* supporters who are spraffing shit that we should give up even trying for 4th... This is Liverpool Football Club. We exist to win trophies, not to throw the fucking towel in on December the fucking 6th!! FOR FOURTH!! 

Wish you would all just put yourselves on some fucking register (something like "The we give up even trying for 4th by 6th December") where everyone else can give you all a wide fucking berth. Somewhere where only you can all go into and whinge and moan to your heart's content until you go fucking Everton in the face.

Hang your fucking heads in shame. No doubt you will be the same fuckers in here next Monday lauding us as the second coming of 1970 Brazil should we win the next one. Seriously, you people have more troughs than a pig sty. Bet a lot of you play football manager and when your teams doesn't win by at least 3 goals you turn the fucker off and reset it until you do.

You should never be able to utter the words "You'll Never Walk Alone" ever again. No time any more for people who do not understand the ethos, the history, the traditions, the fabric.... dare I say it...  fuck it I am going to say it "The Liverpool FUCKING Way"

To the bell ends who are considering responding to my directive with a plethora of witty retorts such as "superfan" or "uberfan" and will defend your right to have an opinion.... Fuck off and go and support a team that will accommodate such fucking pathetic, whiny, petty *ahem* supporters giving up on the 6th December.

Or you could rip open a sachet of concrete, pour into glass of water, stir, consume and HARDEN THE FUCK UP!

Have your say. Be critical but constructive. Fine. But never, ever, FUCKING EVER give up if you consider yourself a supporter of Liverpool Football Club.

I like cheese.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #870 on: December 6, 2011, 02:15:13 am »
Perhaps some others may like to smell the cheese too Andy...
To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #871 on: December 6, 2011, 02:15:20 am »
The talent is there; the finishing isn't
The finish is not good because the talent is not there...
Liverpool is a team which have a discret midfield and without Lucas it worsened.

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #872 on: December 6, 2011, 02:18:03 am »
Liverpool have struggled to score this season, the last two games we've stumbled onto a formula that works from last season, so what do we do? Change it to try and accommodate Carroll.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #873 on: December 6, 2011, 02:20:17 am »
Liverpool have struggled to score this season, the last two games we've stumbled onto a formula that works from last season, so what do we do? Change it to try and accommodate Carroll.

We are creating chances every game. Just keep doing what we are doing now and hope that we get some 'luck' in banging them in.

Remember where we were last season?

I'm jolly happy with the way things are going. We are still not a million miles away from making a dint in the league.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #874 on: December 6, 2011, 02:21:27 am »

WARNING: Al Pacino rant.

(Edited due to apathy.)
« Last Edit: December 6, 2011, 02:23:06 am by coolbyrne »
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #875 on: December 6, 2011, 02:22:15 am »
We are creating chances every game. Just keep doing what we are doing now and hope that we get some 'luck' in banging them in.

Remember where we were last season?

I'm jolly happy with the way things are going. We are still not a million miles away from making a dint in the league.

Very grateful for where we are and how far we've come from last season, but I still don't see the point of changing a formula that was working perfectly fine and taking players full of confidence out of the team?

We're not a million miles away no, but I reckon a fair few million pounds away, if we want to seriously compete. Roll on January.

Offline Reds4Life

• Kopite
« Reply #876 on: December 6, 2011, 02:23:30 am »
TL;DR Al Pacino rant

Funny I was thinking about his "inches" speech from Any Given Sunday...

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #877 on: December 6, 2011, 02:24:32 am »
interesting, because the media were all over the 'if it continues into the box...' justification when Mash gave away that penalty against the Mancs.

Watch them keep silent about this one though...
If I remember correctly, mash let go before he went in the box anyway.
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Another Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #878 on: December 6, 2011, 02:26:03 am »
So Maxi gets a hattrick in the same fixture last season but couldn't even get a look in here. WTF?  :o

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #879 on: December 6, 2011, 02:27:32 am »
So Maxi gets a hattrick in the same fixture last season but couldn't even get a look in here. WTF?  :o

His form from last season is irrelevant, its the fact he's scored two goals in 2 games and that doesn't qualify him for a starting position over Carroll.