Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 147252 times)

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - GODDAG DAMSGAARD
« Reply #1720 on: August 4, 2021, 10:40:09 am »
He has an 80 million euro release clause (About 68 million pounds), so if someone really really wants him, they know the price.

That seems.... Reasonable for a 23 year old striker (?!) in this day and age. Especially if Lukaku is being priced at £130m

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1721 on: August 4, 2021, 10:41:05 am »
A few years ago I didn’t think we’d be able to afford Van Dijk and Alisson, the latter from under Real Madrid’s nose.

Its not in the same league though is it in terms of cost or profile? Van Dijk is probably the closest, cant imagine Alisson was over £150k per week in wages?

I think there is a level that we pay 60-70m but not in terms of the whole package of that much and sky high wages. Dont think the owners have it in them to sanction that.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2021, 10:43:57 am by a treeless whopper »

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: August 4, 2021, 10:41:14 am »
I'm all aboard the Martinez train. Looks a perfect understudy to Firmino.
And a living reincarnation of Suarez. But we would have to prise Inter’s cold dead bankrupt fingers off him before they sell, especially with 120m burning a hole in their pocket with Lukaku looking like going back to Chelsea.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1723 on: August 4, 2021, 10:46:13 am »
Its not in the same league though is it in terms of cost or profile? Van Dijk is probably the closest, cant imagine Alisson was over £150k.

I think there is a level that we pay 60-70m but not in terms of the whole package of that much and sky high wages. Dont think the owners have it in them to sanction that.
Mbappe would be on a Bosman next year, whereas we had to pay 140m in transfer fees for those two. Yes, there’s the signing on fee and wages, but unlike Haaland and Co. who are clearly chasing the money, Mbappe has different motivations. That and his baldy idol Zizou is no longer in charge at the Bernabeu.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1724 on: August 4, 2021, 10:51:54 am »
Mbappe would be on a Bosman next year, whereas we had to pay 140m in transfer fees for those two. Yes, there’s the signing on fee and wages, but unlike Haaland and Co. who are clearly chasing the money, Mbappe has different motivations. That and his baldy idol Zizou is no longer in charge at the Bernabeu.

Possibly but I dont think Mbappe is sacrificing money for such a challenge. He is going to be on way excess of what he is on now plus the insane money his team will get.

To me there is no evidence that the club has it in them to spend that much and if they do it would have to be funded with several, or a big sale like Salah.

Luckily though I dont think we have to delve into fantasy when we talk about changing some players. There are realistic options that could do better than Firmino for example.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1725 on: August 4, 2021, 10:55:58 am »
No way Inter would sell both of Martinez and Lukaku this summer. They've already lost Hakimi to PSG.
I agree. The Athletic were saying they need to make £80m Euro profit from the window. If Chelsea are hellbent on Lukaku they can achieve that and not need to sell Martinez.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: August 4, 2021, 11:02:29 am »
https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1422860195840004097

Liverpool ready to let Ben Davies leave on loan, with Sheffield United leading race.

Blades had initial offer rejected this week, with Reds unwilling to agree to an option to buy.

Celtic and Bournemouth also among those keen.

so Phillips may stay I think

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: August 4, 2021, 11:03:47 am »
Wow what an odd signing that was.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: August 4, 2021, 11:05:15 am »
Wow what an odd signing that was.
seems a money making signing.
If he does well on loan we could make quite a good profit on him

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: August 4, 2021, 11:05:16 am »
Yeah, it's just plain odd at this point isn't it?
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1730 on: August 4, 2021, 11:06:34 am »
One of the strangest signings in our history. Normal in that we needed a CB but just so strange other than that, doesn't play a second, midfielders and kids picked over him, is here for pre season then gone, we clearly have no intention of ever playing him yet now won't sell but will loan a soon to be 26 year old to the championship. Weirddddd.

I know he's gonna be well paid for this but doesn't really sit right we fucked the Celtic move for all this.
« Last Edit: August 4, 2021, 11:08:38 am by DelTrotter »

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: August 4, 2021, 11:06:50 am »

Very much so, you have to feel for the lad. Dream move turned into an absolute nightmare. Bet he wishes he'd gone to Celtic!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: August 4, 2021, 11:08:42 am »
https://twitter.com/neiljonesgoal/status/1422860195840004097

Liverpool ready to let Ben Davies leave on loan, with Sheffield United leading race.

Blades had initial offer rejected this week, with Reds unwilling to agree to an option to buy.

Celtic and Bournemouth also among those keen.

so Phillips may stay I think

Loan without an option to buy? Are the club hoping he'll come good in the Championship?
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: August 4, 2021, 11:11:50 am »
seems a money making signing.
If he does well on loan we could make quite a good profit on him

How much money? I know that every penny counts but its not like we are making loads of money out of these players. Unless we really are skint and every million counts.

I know we shouldnt care because its just business but we signed him when we desperately needed someone and he couldnt even get near the pitch.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1734 on: August 4, 2021, 11:14:37 am »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1735 on: August 4, 2021, 11:15:48 am »
Probably cover his transfer fee in loans alone
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: August 4, 2021, 11:18:06 am »
Loanly, I am so loanly. I have nobody to call my own.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1737 on: August 4, 2021, 11:19:42 am »
How much money? I know that every penny counts but its not like we are making loads of money out of these players. Unless we really are skint and every million counts.

I know we shouldnt care because its just business but we signed him when we desperately needed someone and he couldnt even get near the pitch.

The club is being run as a business, so this is always the case. He wasn't signed with it in mind, but after his injury and now we've signed Konate, a loan has two benefits: extra revenue and reduced wages. Also, if he has a good season, we would likely make a profit on the transfer fee too.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: August 4, 2021, 11:21:32 am »

You work really hard, and make little plans. But nobody listens. Nobody understands. Seems like no one takes you seriously.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #1739 on: August 4, 2021, 11:22:39 am »
One of the strangest signings in our history. Normal in that we needed a CB but just so strange other than that, doesn't play a second, midfielders and kids picked over him, is here for pre season then gone, we clearly have no intention of ever playing him yet now won't sell but will loan a soon to be 26 year old to the championship. Weirddddd.

I know he's gonna be well paid for this but doesn't really sit right we fucked the Celtic move for all this.
Im still not 100% that hes not just made up, a story to keep the fans entertained

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: August 4, 2021, 11:23:47 am »

It's better to have the extra money than not have it, and even if we only make a little on him we're doing similar deals with various players, we bought Awoniyi for £1 million and sold him for £6 million for example.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1741 on: August 4, 2021, 11:24:33 am »

I think we were probably unsure Kabak was coming and signed him as a fall back option

Loan without an option to buy? Are the club hoping he'll come good in the Championship?

Strange. I think we've probably looked at what happened with Mings and hope that a good loan spell and promotion (plus a rebounded market) might see someone pay £20m for him.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: August 4, 2021, 11:25:11 am »

One thing I would say is that when you add up the millions, they've made quite a big difference over Edwards' tenure to date.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1743 on: August 4, 2021, 11:28:02 am »
I reckon we signed him as a distraction ploy for other clubs, so we can get about our business whilst everyone else is thinking 'what the fuck is that all about?!'
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1744 on: August 4, 2021, 11:37:40 am »
You work really hard, and make little plans. But nobody listens. Nobody understands. Seems like no one takes you seriously.
Samaritans Helpline - 0330 094 5717

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: August 4, 2021, 11:38:22 am »
I reckon we signed him to help Stevie at Rangers.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1746 on: August 4, 2021, 11:38:29 am »
Should be nice and calm in here as City rack up the 100 millions spent, then Chelsea

And we continue to be linked to scrabble words on the fringes at Brighton.

Lube up the mods, baby!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1747 on: August 4, 2021, 11:45:11 am »
Should be nice and calm in here as City rack up the 100 millions spent, then Chelsea

And we continue to be linked to scrabble words on the fringes at Brighton.

Lube up the mods, baby!

Peak anger/depression soon after Kane to AD,Saul to United,Lukaku to Chelsea and realisation of some new contracts being our only remaining business.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1748 on: August 4, 2021, 11:51:44 am »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: August 4, 2021, 11:54:13 am »
So if Konate is our only summer signing for first team squad. What's our expectations for the season ahead?

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1750 on: August 4, 2021, 11:54:42 am »
So if Konate is our only summer signing for first team squad. What's our expectations for the season ahead?

17th.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1751 on: August 4, 2021, 11:54:49 am »

Properly challenge for the title as long as we have a usual amount of injuries

Or yeah, 17th and anything better is a bonus
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: August 4, 2021, 11:55:38 am »

Win the league or come close.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1753 on: August 4, 2021, 11:56:10 am »

Lots of moaning in this thread.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1754 on: August 4, 2021, 11:56:52 am »

Finish above Rafas Blues.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1756 on: August 4, 2021, 11:57:39 am »

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1757 on: August 4, 2021, 11:58:22 am »
20th.

See now you're just being overtly negative.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1758 on: August 4, 2021, 11:58:28 am »

Would all depend on injuries.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1759 on: August 4, 2021, 11:59:49 am »

If we’re lucky with injuries, a title challenge.  Definitely a top four spot.