Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - THE OLD (CRAP) THREAD THAT'S GOING IN THE BIN  (Read 147268 times)

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - GODDAG DAMSGAARD
« Reply #1640 on: August 3, 2021, 08:31:05 pm »
to be honest, and I'm not his biggest fan, but 157 games really doesn't tell the real picture as he's only played 6,350 mins which is around 70.5 full games.

So 35 goals in 70.5 games isn't that bad. The big question is if he played 30+ 90min games a season would he get 1 in 2?

That isn't even a question for myself, when looking at his role within our squad. My question is around whether he stylistically fits how we play, when Mane is out or Firmino is out - can he come in a replicate their roles, and the reality is he can't - he's a completely different type of player, as a consequence our patterns of play begin the suffer and we look worse for it.

He's just not a a direct option for any of our front 3 with how we like to play and that's always been the biggest problem, kudos to the coaching team in trying with him to be an option from the left, but again he's never really demonstrated he is capable within that role.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1641 on: August 3, 2021, 08:32:27 pm »
That isn't even a question for myself, when looking at his role within our squad. My question is around whether he stylistically fits how we play, when Mane is out or Firmino is out - can he come in a replicate their roles, and the reality is he can't - he's a completely different type of player, as a consequence our patterns of play begin the suffer and we look worse for it.

He's just not a a direct option for any of our front 3 with how we like to play and that's always been the biggest problem, kudos to the coaching team in trying with him to be an option from the left, but again he's never really demonstrated he is capable within that role.

to be honest I was more on about for any club looking to sign him. He's def not right for us.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1642 on: August 3, 2021, 08:33:53 pm »
Anyone want to help me drive Div to Wolverhampton? we can listen to be of music on the way down to pass the time.
Help to drive? What type of car is it. A tandem bike or a paddle boat?

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #1643 on: August 3, 2021, 08:34:13 pm »
Is this based on your extensive transfer dealings?

Yes, i'm something of an expert.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1644 on: August 3, 2021, 08:34:37 pm »
How reliable is this fella?

If they have indeed bid I hope we can settle for £12m + £3m in add-ons
Not as reliable as GrizzKhan or Indykaila but slightly above Graeme Kelly and LFCDeal. Way more reliable than that bullshitter Samie though.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1645 on: August 3, 2021, 08:34:45 pm »
Boat mate, we going long way round. Want to take up the offer Capon?

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1646 on: August 3, 2021, 08:36:35 pm »

I think his goal return per 90 shows that he could work for us. However his main role is as a substitute striker, so my first question would be what is the general reaction to him coming on to try change a game.

Unfortunately I don't think much of anyone would be very moved by it.
Love Div, but he probably should go for his own sake more than anything else.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1647 on: August 3, 2021, 08:37:47 pm »
to be honest I was more on about for any club looking to sign him. He's def not right for us.

I suspect he'd have done quite well in the 90's in the era where having two up top would work, he is a hybrid of both a target option and player who can stretch play.

But completely agree, he doesn't fit with our system - having somebody who can seamlessly drop into one of those front 3 roles and play within the same patterns of play, even with a drop off in output would still significantly increase our opportunity to rotate those players as our overall game would not suffer as much.

Love Divock for what he has contributed to the club, but it is better for all parties he finds himself the next chapter in his career.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1648 on: August 3, 2021, 08:37:55 pm »
Yes, i'm something of an expert.

My missus is also ex-pert.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1649 on: August 3, 2021, 08:38:46 pm »
Boat mate, we going long way round. Want to take up the offer Capon?
Like Chuffin eckers i do. 3 hours in a car with you listening to Your Lil Mix ,Justin Beebo mix cd whilst you sing it word for word badly

Not on ypur Nelly

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1650 on: August 3, 2021, 08:40:25 pm »

I see what you did there.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1651 on: August 3, 2021, 08:41:35 pm »

Tepid won’t be happy you called her that.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1652 on: August 3, 2021, 08:47:23 pm »

This person reliable?

Think he's stagnated a lot from not playing regularly. I know quite a few think he's just not very good but I think he's better than the level he showed last year. If he's playing regularly (and has the motivation to do so), he can be good for 10-15 goals.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1653 on: August 3, 2021, 08:47:27 pm »
I don't care, I love Divock cos he's a great bloke and one day he'll fulfill that massive potential he had before he got Evertoned and then you'll all see. So I don't want to sell him, ever. Although if someone did offer us actual money it might be worth considering.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1654 on: August 3, 2021, 08:48:56 pm »
I'd happily write off the remaining Jota fee for Divock

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1655 on: August 3, 2021, 08:49:08 pm »
I don't care, I love Divock cos he's a great bloke and one day he'll fulfill that massive potential he had before he got Evertoned and then you'll all see. So I don't want to sell him, ever. Although if someone did offer us actual money it might be worth considering.

I'll give you a fiver and a pack of quavers...

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1656 on: August 3, 2021, 08:49:53 pm »
Done, but with the heaviest of hearts.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1657 on: August 3, 2021, 08:50:41 pm »
Noni Madueke looks promising. Maybe we could look at buying him.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1658 on: August 3, 2021, 08:56:38 pm »
Done, but with the heaviest of hearts.

A pack of love hearts were not part of the deal....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iaGYTNWFMMs

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1659 on: August 3, 2021, 09:01:06 pm »
If they offered 10 and we said 20, they've probably already moved on.

I don't think we'd be that daft. He's surplus to requirements and we need to move him on before we can bring another forward in and there's not a bidding war out there.

A compromise somewhere between 10 and 15 would be good business. If we overplay our hand and are left in a position of loaning him out at the end of the window, or stuck with the player and no new signing then it's not.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #1660 on: August 3, 2021, 09:01:29 pm »
Tepid won’t be happy you called her that.
  ;D

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1661 on: August 3, 2021, 09:07:08 pm »

I'll give you a night with Fucking Appalled

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #1662 on: August 3, 2021, 09:07:08 pm »
This person reliable?

Think he's stagnated a lot from not playing regularly. I know quite a few think he's just not very good but I think he's better than the level he showed last year. If he's playing regularly (and has the motivation to do so), he can be good for 10-15 goals.
He said we were in for Locatelli and Niguez so I suppose he is reliable if we are in for both of them.

Online A-Bomb

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1663 on: August 3, 2021, 09:09:49 pm »

I'll give you a night with Charlie Adam  8) - however we might never see you again Fordy! And that would be tragic...

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #1664 on: August 3, 2021, 09:12:47 pm »

If this is true, be interesting to see how flexible we are.
Could see us selling for & 10m with £5m in add-ons.

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #1665 on: August 3, 2021, 09:27:00 pm »
I've said the whole time - that contract extensions are the final indicator of bringing in a marquee signing.

No way Mbappe or Haaland comes to Liverpool or any big money striker signing without first bumping up everyone's wages so when they do come in - the existing players are less slightly peeved over the massive wages they'll watching the target get.

Its the only way to bring in the big fish, without creating a giant internal mess.   Liverpool have been signaling this for while, by creating a big fish fund, redbyrd deal, using their academies as revenue growers, and limiting their transfer business in the middle of a pandemic to only those transfers which make absolute sense (i.e. Werner, Fekir, etc.)

Those who want to play the game of Summer transfer market bonanza --- are thinking in the same way the media thinks, and that is not a way Liverpool can be successful long term.  We have to maximize the inefficiency in the current market and exploit the long term inefficiency of the big teams overpaying for experienced players.   

Liverpool pretending that we are PSG, Bayern, or Manchester teams would lead to another collapse down the line imo.   Let Edwards and Klopp be themselves -- it will work out fine.
It's an interesting perspective on the clubs actions of late.
I hadn't thought about the contract extensions from that angle but it does kinda make sense.
You kinda feel that the club are waiting to do something big. The club have been telling the journos that the Redbird investment was partially put in place to remove the pandemic losses and allow the club operate like its a normal summer and the sale of players has brought in a good amount of money now. That is why this idea we are skint and won't be active doesn't really add up.
Whatever issues I have with the owners they are not stupid and so there must have been a bloody good reason they sold a share of their group in a deflated market. Same with the player sales. Would just like them to remove some of the debt to give us even more to play with.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1666 on: August 3, 2021, 09:32:21 pm »
Juventus are struggling to meet Sassuolo’s £34M valuation for Manuel Locatelli. That has brought Liverpool back into the equation as they are believed to have already made enquiries regarding a possible bid for the midfielder.

Manuel Locatelli is said to be wanting Champions League football, which has ruled out Arsenal’s odds to get the Italian midfielder.
[@SkyItalia]

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1667 on: August 3, 2021, 10:02:15 pm »
its like the liverpool echo in here

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1668 on: August 3, 2021, 10:03:02 pm »
its like the liverpool echo in here

Even Samie writes better than that.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1669 on: August 3, 2021, 10:04:46 pm »

With your roofie history this could be a goer
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #1670 on: August 3, 2021, 10:08:46 pm »
Divock will be 12M + a 20% sell-on.

After he scores 20 next season and is sold to Inter to be Lukaku's replacement for 60M, we'll be rich, rich I tells ya.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

« Reply #1671 on: August 3, 2021, 10:30:03 pm »
Liverpool are interested in Bournemouth's Arnaut Danjuma. The Reds will have to pay €25m to sign him and Villarreal are also interested. - Marca

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1672 on: August 3, 2021, 10:38:22 pm »

I'm afraid Premier League player transfers are not an episode of Only Fools and Horses, Del.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1673 on: August 3, 2021, 10:38:31 pm »
Liverpool are interested in Bournemouth's Arnaut Danjuma. The Reds will have to pay €25m to sign him and Villarreal are also interested. - Marca
Weird link. Very good numbers last season in the Championship (17 goals and 7 assists in 34 matches), less so the year before but Bournemouth were up against it and he was adapting to a new league and country during a pandemic. 24 is a decent age, his underlying numbers are good but I just don’t see us paying a decent size fee for a player with a relatively small amount of data to go at, the bulk of that being in Belgium and The Championship.

Feels more like a Newcastle or West Ham type signing where he may kick on following a move.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1674 on: August 3, 2021, 10:43:53 pm »

That's not how negotiations work. I've asked for double in fees negotiations in the past and come to an agreement. It's more likely we'll meet somewhere in the middle ground with add-ons or sell-on clauses, for example.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1675 on: August 3, 2021, 10:44:05 pm »
It's an interesting perspective on the clubs actions of late.
I hadn't thought about the contract extensions from that angle but it does kinda make sense.
You kinda feel that the club are waiting to do something big. The club have been telling the journos that the Redbird investment was partially put in place to remove the pandemic losses and allow the club operate like its a normal summer and the sale of players has brought in a good amount of money now. That is why this idea we are skint and won't be active doesn't really add up.
Whatever issues I have with the owners they are not stupid and so there must have been a bloody good reason they sold a share of their group in a deflated market. Same with the player sales. Would just like them to remove some of the debt to give us even more to play with.

Thanks for the reply - some good points to chew on
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1676 on: August 3, 2021, 10:46:16 pm »

Bollocks. We're probably just being name dropped by his agent to help their negotiations.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

« Reply #1677 on: August 3, 2021, 10:48:44 pm »
Weird link. Very good numbers last season in the Championship (17 goals and 7 assists in 34 matches), less so the year before but Bournemouth were up against it and he was adapting to a new league and country during a pandemic. 24 is a decent age, his underlying numbers are good but I just don’t see us paying a decent size fee for a player with a relatively small amount of data to go at, the bulk of that being in Belgium and The Championship.

Feels more like a Newcastle or West Ham type signing where he may kick on following a move.
Yeah not so sure about this link he also prefers to play off the left it seems so highly unlikely

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1678 on: August 3, 2021, 10:54:25 pm »
I'll give you a night with Charlie Adam  8) - however we might never see you again Fordy! And that would be tragic...

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline FowlerLegend

• Kopite
« Reply #1679 on: August 3, 2021, 10:57:40 pm »
Bollocks. We're probably just being name dropped by his agent to help their negotiations.
Think we would be name dropped by Sassuolo as Juve are after a 2 year loan before buying. Maybe suggesting that the player is amiable as he wants CL football which Juve and us can both offer is also an attempt to get them to cough up.