Author Topic: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation  (Read 621580 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: LFC's next manager - chat and informed speculation
« Reply #12480 on: April 26, 2024, 01:01:04 pm »
Same here.
Sad to see Klopp go but understand why. He looks frazzled now.
A new manager, an unexpected wild card, might give us the kick up the arse we need to get going again.

Exactly how I'm feeling now.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12481 on: April 26, 2024, 01:01:20 pm »
People have been called cuntbags, wankers, pathetic

Honestly I hate comments like this. Because I have a different point of view I now have an agenda. What a pathetic and weak way to try and tar someones comment.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #12482 on: April 26, 2024, 01:01:25 pm »

Honestly I hate comments like this. Because I have a different point of view I now have an agenda. What a pathetic and weak way to try and tar someones comment.

Yes I watched the whole thing. I also said he may well be tired and fucked.

People seem so frightened of anyone differing from the party bias even when they are clearly being respectful and open.

I just have the opinion they don't seem enthused. Not exactly the most outrageous comment.

If you prefer to think Virgil and Klopp seem enthralled by the possible new replacement be my guest, I won't try and give you shit or get crazy defensive for your opinion.

VVD was just calm and gave nothing away. Klopp was positive.

What do you think of the appointment?
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12483 on: April 26, 2024, 01:01:29 pm »
I think people's reaction to the comments from both Virg and Klopp are a reflection of their mood about the situation. Those who are inclined to be optimistic see the positives in the comments, those who are inclined to be pessimistic only see them as lukewarm endorsements at best.

I don't really get the micro-analyzing comments from either. For instance, Van Dijk's comments were made in his second language after a terrible loss to Everton that pretty much nixes any title hopes and when he already is working with other Dutch coaches at club (Ljinders, Achterberg) and the national team (Koeman). I'm pretty sure had he said he couldn't discuss anything, there would be people arguing he was unenthusiastic.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12485 on: April 26, 2024, 01:01:58 pm »
The only moaning and whinging gits are those who want to have a go at anyone that says something remontely negative abaout Slot.

People have been called cuntbags, wankers, pathetic, having an agenda, and wanting to start a Klopp religion (that was actually pretty funny to be fair  ;D)

It is not North Korea and as long as people are just having a differing opinion I don't understand why that scares or offends some people.

I've personally mentioned I will back anyone with low expectations that comes in and I also never slag off anyone at games and never will (Hodge included), but until this place wants to become an echo chamber of what people want to hear I don't think it should offend people so much having a different opinion for fucks sake.

Some are worried this is a big gamble and could affect the squad, doesn't mean they won't be backed if they are eventually brought in but surely we can air our worries about it.

Lol I tend to agree.

The only major moaning is actually about how Slot opened his gob and started blabbing last night. Defo doesn’t sit well with me,

Not seeing much (if any) moaning about his ability to do the job, tactical fit, or excellent achievements at Feyenoord and AZ. In terms of personality fit, I felt so good up until his public blabbing. This now ties in a bit with how he left AZ acrimoniously. Who knows, maybe having a slightly cunty edge will serve him well in the job. People sometimes dig out Klopp for being too loyal and all that.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12486 on: April 26, 2024, 01:03:10 pm »
People having a go at Slot for talking too much before the appointment as its disrespectful, whilst having a go at Klopp and Van Dijk for not talking enough about the appointment before it's done? Standard.

Imagine for one moment that Van Dijk came out talking about how great Slot is and how he's looking forward to being coached by him, only for the deal to then fall through.

I don't think either of them should have been obliged to answer the question with it not being official anyway. But people will always take what they want from any comment, its the world we live in now sadly.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #12487 on: April 26, 2024, 01:03:26 pm »
Lol I tend to agree.

The only major moaning is actually about how Slot opened his gob and started blabbing last night. Defo doesn’t sit well with me,

Not seeing much (if any) moaning about his ability to do the job, tactical fit, or excellent achievements at Feyenoord and AZ. In terms of personality fit, I felt so good up until his public blabbing. This now ties in a bit with how he left AZ acrimoniously. Who knows, maybe having a slightly cunty edge will serve him well in the job. People sometimes dig out Klopp for being too loyal and all that.

He can’t win either way.

If he says no comment then people will criticise him too.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #12488 on: April 26, 2024, 01:03:37 pm »
But people will always take what they want from any comment, its the world we live in now sadly.

Very true

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12489 on: April 26, 2024, 01:04:05 pm »

Guess you are not a native speaker?

That was me describing someone's actions as pathetic, not calling someone pathetic.

Online Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12490 on: April 26, 2024, 01:05:06 pm »
Been reading a few things about him from the Dutch media and they are saying that he's very like Guardiola.

Fuck that having someone like that c*nt here.

😂
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12491 on: April 26, 2024, 01:05:13 pm »
This thread is a fucking sewer.

Even Rossi, someone who normally posts sense, has lost his fucking mind.

Rossi, how on earth was Amorim 'the media-briefed preferred candidate' when every single media source said he wasn't necessarily the preferred candidate verbatim?

Honestly, the way the season's ending is shit, and it sounds like most of you want to pack it in whoever the new manager is.

Not lost my mind JP, just my enthusiasm and the be honest, stomach for it all given what has transpired, and how. Think the club handled Jurgen's responsibilities badly, then they sat on their hands with an obvious uniting successor like Xabi around Christmas time once they knew in November, all because they dragged their feet for almost a year to sort out a replacement for Ward (not to mention Mike Gordon doing his best "Homer Simpson into the hedge" impression) claiming everything had to be done in a timely stepwise data-driven process. All of which revolved around begging Laptop Eddie to return in a much bigger role, now the egotistical power-hungry German was wiped out and fucking off.

As for Amorim, check out this thread for the last month after the Alonso statement dropped. Numerous puff pieces, from Joyce to the Athletic, all discussing Amorim in a way that only him being the preferred candidate status would allow for. We even got the briefing that (thankfully) De Zerbi was flushed around the time we beat Brighton, leaving Amorim as odds-on. The clear message was nothing would be confirmed until ours and Sporting's season was done. There was no counter-briefing until a few days ago, when this thread understandably exploded again, with the change to the club's new unconfirmed choice and Slot's comments.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 01:07:24 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12492 on: April 26, 2024, 01:05:29 pm »
::)

Who should be the next Liverpool manager?

Alexander Boris de Pfeffel Johnson!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12493 on: April 26, 2024, 01:05:41 pm »
Lol I tend to agree.

Fucking hell. He got asked a question and answered honestly, at a time when Feyenoord have absolutely nothing to play for. He's obviously managed to keep it all under wraps until now despite likely being in talks with us for quite a while.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #12494 on: April 26, 2024, 01:07:15 pm »
Guess you are not a native speaker?

That was me describing someone's actions as pathetic, not calling someone pathetic.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #12495 on: April 26, 2024, 01:07:34 pm »
Not lost my mind JP, just my enthusiasm and the be honest, stomach for it all given what has transpired, and how. Think the club handled Jurgen badly, then they sat on our hands with Xabi around Christmas time once they knew in November, all because they dragged their feet for almost a year to sort out a replacement for Ward (not to mention Mike Gordon doing his best "Homer Simpson into the hedge" impression) claiming everything had to be done in a timely stepwise data-driven process. All of which revolved around begging Laptop Eddie to return in a much bigger role, now the egotistical power-hungry German was fucking off.

As for Amorim, check out this thread for the last month after the Alonso statement dropped. Numerous puff pieces, from Joyce to the Athletic, all discussing Amorim in a way that only him being the preferred candidate status would allow for. We even got the briefing that (thankfully) De Zerbi was flushed around the time we beat Brighton, leaving Amorim as odds-on. The talk was nothing would be confirmed until ours and Sporting's season was done. There was no counter-briefing until a few days ago, when this thread understandably exploded again, with the change to the club's new unconfirmed choice and Slot's comments.

There's a LOT of conjecture here, especially in your first paragraph.

Totally disagree on the second, all said 'puff pieces' included many lines about him not being certain to get the job.  Not sure what 'the talk' was about waiting for Sporting's season being over either as I never saw that other than from dodgy Portuguese journalists on Twitter.  Let's assume you're right though.  What makes Amorim better? On the surface to me they're very similar candidates.  Let's discuss that instead of calling people no-marks. Wouldn't Amorim have been a no-mark from Lisbon?

I like you a lot Rossi and I share many of your views on football but you're off the deep end here because you wanted Xabi Alonso and he never wanted the job.  You're close to going full Al and you never go full Al.

Is Slot some sort of Kuyt parallel for you?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 01:09:17 pm by JP! »
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12496 on: April 26, 2024, 01:07:54 pm »
VVD was just calm and gave nothing away. Klopp was positive.

What do you think of the appointment?

No appointment has been made yet.

If you mean Slot, in short I think it's a massive gamble and I would have prefered an option such as Amorim or Alonso (not knowing in's and out's of each deal aside of course) but there are many parts to Slots history that should make people excited, especially taking a team with little means and winning trophies.

But what the fuck do I know I have an agenda  ;D

Offline Arrowsmith

• Anny Roader
  • Eee aye addio, we've won the cup!
« Reply #12497 on: April 26, 2024, 01:08:07 pm »
Old Arne does have a disconcerting look of Fred Elliott the former Coronation Street butcher in some photographs.

"Ahh say geddit.... Ahh say geddit in the bloody box Diaz"
Wool by birth, Scouse by blood.
JFT97

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12498 on: April 26, 2024, 01:08:24 pm »
People having a go at Slot for talking too much before the appointment as its disrespectful, whilst having a go at Klopp and Van Dijk for not talking enough about the appointment before it's done? Standard.

Imagine for one moment that Van Dijk came out talking about how great Slot is and how he's looking forward to being coached by him, only for the deal to then fall through.

Funny thing is if Virgil went over the top with praise he'd be accused of PR and talking shit about a guy who's apparently done fuck all so just can't win either way really.

Also funny how Slot is evil for talking about it but Amorim causing scenes at airports and flying around europe for talks in a private jet days before Porto away is fine.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12499 on: April 26, 2024, 01:11:23 pm »
He's done nothing of significance that at any other time, when there isn't such a dearth in managerial options, would grant him even being considered as Liverpool manager.

On the surface, you seem to think a Dutch league title and a cup is meaningless. He's not being appointed just because he won a Dutch league and cup. If that's the metric, then Van Bronkhorst would be on the shortlist. Heck, Gerrard would be on that shortlist if a league title in any relatively small European league is the standard.

You really think Edwards and co are appointing him on that basis? No, they're looking at numerous metrics - where the club were prior to his arrival, what players he had at his disposal, the improvements of the players he's coaches, the shrewd team building aspect..... all that counts for something regardless of your opinion.

The real question is why you're not open minded to seeing it from that point of view, rather than being stubborn in your incessant negativity.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 01:13:40 pm by mattD »

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12500 on: April 26, 2024, 01:11:36 pm »
Lol I tend to agree.

How he behaves if appointed is massive as we know, if he gets the fans on side and charms everyone that will bode very well, we've seen what happens when the opposite is true with the owl.

I'm also a bit put off by some comments, but don't want to judge the fella yet so harshly as it's a different story when they eventually sit in that presser with LFC on their chest. Will be looking forward to that and hopefully he nails it.

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12501 on: April 26, 2024, 01:12:45 pm »
The only moaning and whinging gits are those who want to have a go at anyone that says something remontely negative abaout Slot.

It's hilarious when RAWK gets like this. Andy, that's simply not true. Speak for yourself, if you didn't meant to come across as moaning, all good. But have a look at some of the other posts in the last 6 or 7 pages - there are plenty of people moaning about Slot. Rossi's calling him a no-mark, Andy@A is upset because someone said "he's like Guardiola" whatever the fuck that means, and plenty of others bemoaning the fact that we didn't snap up Carlo "phone it in" Ancelotti when we had the chance (despite him still being at Madrid for a year).

Like it or not, some here are writing him off before he's had a chance to arrive. Many of them are posters who were more than impressed by Amorim's very similar achievements in a very similar standard of league. Makes you wonder why they're not into Slot and, bizarrely, I think for some it's genuinely because they think he's not particularly handsome.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 01:16:46 pm by Avens »

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #12502 on: April 26, 2024, 01:12:59 pm »

If you mean Slot, in short I think it's a massive gamble and I would have prefered an option such as Amorim or Alonso

Just curious. Why would Slot be a gamble out of them 3?
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12503 on: April 26, 2024, 01:13:44 pm »
Fucking hell. He got asked a question and answered honestly, at a time when Feyenoord have absolutely nothing to play for. He's obviously managed to keep it all under wraps until now despite likely being in talks with us for quite a while.

“He got answered a question and answered honestly” … I prefer he answered it intelligently and honestly. Xabi managed to do it, and under far greater scrutiny I may add.

In that situation, he should have respected his current fanbase and said “I am Feyenoord manager and will not speculate on such matters. We have games to win this season and my full focus is on Feyenoord right now”. Simple. But no, he said “oh Liverpool, oh Liverpool, come get me. I’m currently in a waiting room eating a strawberry pie, and waiting to sign for you”.

Can’t bend this one to a positive spin. I don’t like these small time brain farts. It’s where you can see the different between a pro that’s seen the big time for many years, and one that is sniffing it for the first time.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12504 on: April 26, 2024, 01:14:19 pm »
Klopp on Xabi Alonso:

"If you'd ask me about Xabi Alonso eight weeks ago. Oh my god! The next generation is already here, and I would say Xabi is the standout of that generation. He's a former world-class player, comes from a family of coaches, was already a bit like a coach when he was playing... The football his team is playing, how they position themselves, the signings he's made... It's absolutely exceptional,"

Klopp on Arne Slot:

"I like the way his team play football. All the things I hear about him, good guy. Good coach, good guy, if he's the solution then I'm more than happy. [It's the] best job in the world, best club in the world."

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12505 on: April 26, 2024, 01:16:04 pm »
Klopp on Xabi Alonso:

"If you'd ask me about Xabi Alonso eight weeks ago. Oh my god! The next generation is already here, and I would say Xabi is the standout of that generation. He's a former world-class player, comes from a family of coaches, was already a bit like a coach when he was playing... The football his team is playing, how they position themselves, the signings he's made... It's absolutely exceptional,"

Klopp on Arne Slot:

"I like the way his team play football. All the things I hear about him, good guy. Good coach, good guy, if he's the solution then I'm more than happy. [It's the] best job in the world, best club in the world."

He rejected us, get the fuck over it

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12506 on: April 26, 2024, 01:16:05 pm »
How he behaves if appointed is massive as we know, if he gets the fans on side and charms everyone that will bode very well, we've seen what happens when the opposite is true with the owl.

I'm also a bit put off by some comments, but don't want to judge the fella yet so harshly as it's a different story when they eventually sit in that presser with LFC on their chest. Will be looking forward to that and hopefully he nails it.

100% agree mate.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12507 on: April 26, 2024, 01:16:17 pm »
It's hilarious when RAWK gets like this. Andy, that's simply not true. Speak for yourself, if you didn't meant to come across as moaning, all good. But have a look at some of the other posts in the last 6 or 7 pages - there are plenty of people moaning about Slot. Rossi's calling him a no-mark, Andy@A is upset because someone said "he's like Guardiola" whatever the fuck that means, and plenty of others bemoaning we didn't snap up Carlo "phone it in" Ancelotti when we had the chance (despite him still being at Madrid for a year).

Like it or not, some here are writing him off before he's had a chance to arrive. Many of them are posters who were more than impressed by Amorim's very similar achievements in a very similar standard of league. Makes you wonder why they're not into Slot and, bizarrely, I think for some it's genuinely because they think he's not particularly handsome.

Sorry mate, I think you misread or I wrote wrong. I was talking about people moaning and calling names at fellow posters, not slot.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12508 on: April 26, 2024, 01:17:00 pm »
“He got answered a question and answered honestly” … I prefer he answered it intelligently and honestly. Xabi managed to do it, and under far greater scrutiny I may add.

In that situation, he should have respected his current fanbase and said “I am Feyenoord manager and will not speculate on such matters. We have games to win this season and my full focus is on Feyenoord right now”. Simple. But no, he said “oh Liverpool, oh Liverpool, come get me. I’m currently in a waiting room eating a strawberry pie, and waiting to sign for you”.

Can’t bend this one to a positive spin. I don’t like these small time brain farts. It’s where you can see the different between a pro that’s seen the big time for many years, and one that is sniffing it for the first time.
Bingo. Speaks to character, not excusable by "oh he's Dutch, it's normal". You don't get a second chance to make a first impression, especially under so much scrutiny. Rodgers' red flag was him contradicting and talking over Ayre at his unveiling.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12509 on: April 26, 2024, 01:17:44 pm »
Just curious. Why would Slot be a gamble out of them 3?

All are a gamble, but I think for me some with less credentials will be a much bigger gamble.

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12510 on: April 26, 2024, 01:19:08 pm »
Sorry mate, I think you misread or I wrote wrong. I was talking about people moaning and calling names at fellow posters, not slot.

No, I think I understood it mate. You're saying nobody is moaning about Slot and that the only moaning is coming from people moaning about people moaning about Slot... which you think isn't happening.

You might need to read the above a few times, because it's confused me and I wrote it 😅

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12511 on: April 26, 2024, 01:19:23 pm »
All are a gamble, but I think for me some with less credentials will be a much bigger gamble.

Which is absolutely fine. But some comments on here are damn disrespectful I think.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12512 on: April 26, 2024, 01:19:48 pm »

Tbf Klopp seemed to have more mojo when he was talking about Xabi a few months ago. He does seem like he’s ready for a few months in the Maldives now 😂

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12513 on: April 26, 2024, 01:20:50 pm »
My point - which you've completely missed - is about Klopp's opinion not Alonso's choice.

In contrast it's as generic and lukewarm as possible. Virgil's was worse, damning with faint praise.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #12514 on: April 26, 2024, 01:21:59 pm »
Would it be disrespectful of me to say I couldn't give a fuck what Klopp thinks of who's replacing him?

Ferguson endorsed Moyes after all.  He's not gonna be here. Who cares?
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #12515 on: April 26, 2024, 01:22:23 pm »
I'm not being funny at all, but I'd love for someone at the club to come out and give us a bit of encouragement, Slot has done incredible things, he's so exciting, etc etc. They clearly think he's the new manager but we keep getting such unenthusiastic responses, first the captain now Klopp, is it just me seeing that? Maybe Klopp is fucked and fed up but he did not sound excited to say the least.

I'm sure we will have everyone telling us what do you expect him to say, mic in his face, he's Dutch or German, or whatever, but can you imagine him saying that about any possible incoming player? I reckon I'll just put it down to tiredness, poor guy looks done in and in need of a 3 month sleep.

what do you want him to do?   ;D  Very likely he hasn’t REALLY seen that many Feyenoord games in recent years to say much more! It’s all soundbites and it was answered more than positively, not that he’d answer any other way. Did the same at BVB when they appointed Tuchel as his successor. Positive soundbites and nothing more.  And really, he likely isn’t that arsed is he, he’ll be doing anything but being arsed about footy for a while.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12516 on: April 26, 2024, 01:23:05 pm »
Would it be disrespectful of me to say I couldn't give a fuck what Klopp thinks of who's replacing him?

Ferguson endorsed Moyes after all.  He's not gonna be here. Who cares?

I don't think it would, not even sure why they are commenting anyway as it's not even official which everyone appears to be forgetting.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12517 on: April 26, 2024, 01:23:43 pm »
My point - which you've completely missed - is about Klopp's opinion not Alonso's choice.

In contrast it's as generic and lukewarm as possible. Virgil's was worse, damning with faint praise.

Who gives a fuck? His most praised manager over the years is probably David Moyes. Should we appoint him?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12518 on: April 26, 2024, 01:24:52 pm »

You’re right, but then they’re being asked these questions just when our season has gone pear shaped. They’re both a bit meh about everything right now. Period of self reflection for many.

Didn’t think we’d be looking over shoulder at Villa and Spurs going into the final 4 games … probably pissed them both well off.

Online Avens

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12519 on: April 26, 2024, 01:25:39 pm »

Possibly because he's knackered and pissed off at how the season is ending and doesn't have the enthusiasm for it anymore. Xabi isn't an option, so how do you think he'd respond if he was asked about Amorim today? I suspect it would be very similar to his views on Slot. He's not really arsed right now. But that's fine, use that to build your arsenal of anti-Slot weapons that you desperately need for some reason.