Author Topic: The Golf Thread  (Read 308758 times)

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
Re: The Golf Thread
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2017, 06:15:23 pm »
nice to see tiger back  :wellin

I was and still am a great admirer of Woods the golfer. I used to like Woods the man too, in as much as I could glean from him from Tv appearances etc. I never bought into the narrative that he was aloof and distant while Mickleson was everybody's buddy. I just thought that Tiger wasn't interested in cultivating a persona and was happy for people to take him as they found him. It looks like he still is happy for people to take him as they find him - when I heard that he played golf with Trump the other day I just went wow!  He obviously doesn't give a fiddlers about the way the President is treating fellow black sportsmen, never mind the other shit. If he never hits another golf ball I wouldn't miss him.

Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2017, 07:30:31 pm »
I was and still am a great admirer of Woods the golfer. I used to like Woods the man too, in as much as I could glean from him from Tv appearances etc. I never bought into the narrative that he was aloof and distant while Mickleson was everybody's buddy. I just thought that Tiger wasn't interested in cultivating a persona and was happy for people to take him as they found him. It looks like he still is happy for people to take him as they find him - when I heard that he played golf with Trump the other day I just went wow!  He obviously doesn't give a fiddlers about the way the President is treating fellow black sportsmen, never mind the other shit. If he never hits another golf ball I wouldn't miss him.
well if you cant separate politics and racism from sport ,,its sad a world

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2017, 07:38:47 pm »
well if you cant separate politics and racism from sport ,,its sad a world

Eh, I think you will find that it's not me who can't seperate them. It's Trump isn't it?

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2017, 07:42:37 pm »
Eh, I think you will find that it's not me who can't seperate them. It's Trump isn't it?
couldn't give flying f..k about trump to be honest .. not interested ..

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: November 30, 2017, 07:45:09 pm »
couldn't give flying f..k about trump to be honest .. not interested ..

Fair enough.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: November 30, 2017, 11:39:54 pm »
Really good round from Woods.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: December 1, 2017, 10:45:03 am »
Really good round from Woods.
yep 3 under not bad  ;)

Offline JM10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: December 1, 2017, 06:37:47 pm »
Out in 5 under 31. Leader by himself  :o  :lickin
Twitter

Betfair referral code: 7X3XLFRPH

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: December 1, 2017, 07:40:14 pm »
impressive stuff to be honest .. would be great, seeing him competing again with the young guns  ;)

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: January 9, 2018, 01:01:17 am »
Anyone watch DJ this weekend. Good good that driver is a weapon.
He hit a 435 yard drive on a par 4 and it stopped 6inches from the pin. Wtf lol. Fair enough it was downhill but my god

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #250 on: January 9, 2018, 02:31:31 pm »
Anyone watch DJ this weekend. Good good that driver is a weapon.
He hit a 435 yard drive on a par 4 and it stopped 6inches from the pin. Wtf lol. Fair enough it was downhill but my god
downhill helped but still a monster drive

what was impressive too was that he had a nice smooth swing, not trying to murder ala John daly, Tiger and McIlroy

your world number 1 ladies and gents
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #251 on: January 21, 2018, 12:06:20 pm »
Tommy Fleetwood on fire today. My blue mate says he loves Fleetwood because he’s a proper Evertonian as he never wears red. In bright red today. Ha.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #252 on: January 21, 2018, 12:08:14 pm »
Tommy Fleetwood on fire today. My blue mate says he loves Fleetwood because he’s a proper Evertonian as he never wears red. In bright red today. Ha.
;D

He just needs to call upon the Red Gods to help him win, as he'll win nowt in Blue

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #253 on: January 21, 2018, 12:12:34 pm »
I read these articles recently on the rise and fall of Taylormade Golf. They are fascinating really. They take me back to the 90's when I first saw the Bubble Shaft driver, and thinking, wtf is this? At the time, no one was using Taylormade. 5 years later, they were everywhere.

Then it all started to go wrong a few years ago, resulting in Adidas selling off the brand for a fraction of their previous value.

https://mygolfspy.com/the-rise-and-fall-of-taylormade-part-1/

https://mygolfspy.com/the-rise-fall-of-taylormade-part-2-the-empire-crumbles/

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #254 on: January 25, 2018, 04:14:01 pm »
Most PGA Tour wins by players currently under age 45:

Tiger overall - 79
Tiger WGCs - 18
Dustin Johnson - 17
Tiger in Florida - 16
Tiger majors - 14
Tiger in California - 14
Rory McIlroy - 13
Tiger in Ohio -13
Adam Scott - 13
Zach Johnson - 12
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2018, 05:09:08 pm »
An absolute freak at his peak. Never used to like him when I was younger but now he’s back I hope he kills it.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: January 25, 2018, 05:14:21 pm »
An absolute freak at his peak. Never used to like him when I was younger but now he’s back I hope he kills it.

Same

Tiger annoyed the hell out of me back in the day but now I've grown up a bit and follow the game regular the world of tournament golf is much better off with a Tiger Woods.

Bookies are frightened to death of him this week and he's still 7th Fav at 28/1

Imagine the scenes if he went and won another PGA event?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2018, 01:25:11 am »
Same

Tiger annoyed the hell out of me back in the day but now I've grown up a bit and follow the game regular the world of tournament golf is much better off with a Tiger Woods.

Bookies are frightened to death of him this week and he's still 7th Fav at 28/1

He'll be getting some of my hard earned invested on him every week so the scenes will be unreal. I'll also be using him most weeks in the fantasy league. Which can be joined here for anyone interested https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=331105.msg15825583#msg15825583.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2018, 06:19:54 am »

He can't be that far off the all time PGA tour wins record...maybe 2-3? I just want one more masters sunday. He needs a Jack in 86 moment.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: January 26, 2018, 05:16:18 pm »
He can't be that far off the all time PGA tour wins record...maybe 2-3? I just want one more masters sunday. He needs a Jack in 86 moment.

3 behind Sam Snead in PGA tour wins and ranked second

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2018, 04:40:48 pm »
Nice birdie on the last hole yesterday to give Tiger another 2 rounds.

He certainly wont be winning this but at least he made the cut :)

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2018, 06:14:58 pm »
Think Tiger is going to be a little surprised to see how the rest of the guys have picked up their game the past few years as there is numerous guys out there that are longer than him now. Then again its the next generation so Tiger probably expects not to be winning that much from here on but would love to contend for another major or two. At this stage I dont see him winning any more majors as the fear factor is no longer there for the Johnsons & Spieths when they are paired up with Tiger but its still great to see him back. Talking about a mini comeback Rory is looking like he means business this season and should follow last weeks Top 3 finish with at least another Top 3 and more perhaps.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2018, 07:04:12 pm »
great to see tiger make cut ,,,

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #263 on: January 29, 2018, 01:39:36 am »
This Day v Noren playoff has been sensational. Such nerves of steel from both of them.

Goes to a playoff tomorrow after an all square after 4.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: January 29, 2018, 01:43:13 am »
I had a bet on this.....just toss a coin or something, nearest to pin....

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: January 29, 2018, 11:08:54 am »
Its a bit silly that they did not have enough time to sort it all out last night. I missed it as went off to bed but its standard for many a playoff to finish with the sun virtually setting. I guess TV dictates they want most tournaments to finish btw 5pm - 6pm EST to enhance viewing numbers.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #266 on: January 29, 2018, 11:26:09 am »
I had a bet on this.....just toss a coin or something, nearest to pin....

Same! Backed Noren to win at about the 12th. Had to give up watching after the first play off hole.

Its a bit silly that they did not have enough time to sort it all out last night. I missed it as went off to bed but its standard for many a playoff to finish with the sun virtually setting. I guess TV dictates they want most tournaments to finish btw 5pm - 6pm EST to enhance viewing numbers.

How come they were out in 3s on the final round? The last group took almost 6 hours to get round! Fuck knows what JB Holmes was doing on the 18th the big idiot.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: January 30, 2018, 05:02:32 pm »

Errrrr.... it finished 8-9pm Eastern time...5-6pm local California time.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: February 2, 2018, 12:27:07 am »
Waste Management 16th hole at TPC Scottsdale is brutal lol
Make a birdie all good, hit a bad shot, worse than the boos at evershit

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #269 on: February 26, 2018, 06:26:28 pm »
US Open changes the playoff to a 2 hole aggregate score then sudden death, rather than a full 18 hole playoff. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/43204380
#Sausages

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: March 9, 2018, 03:57:37 pm »
Over half way through his second round in the current PGA Tour event and Tiger Woods is back where he belongs on top of the leaderboard.

:)

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: March 9, 2018, 04:37:45 pm »
I made a bold claim that he’d never win another major. Still hoping he doesn’t
Some grown men are getting extremely excited and if he wins this weekend their wives are in for a treat 😂

I can’t watch the golf channel atm as it is just the wank off tiger channel

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 9, 2018, 04:49:44 pm »
I made a bold claim that he’d never win another major. Still hoping he doesn’t
Some grown men are getting extremely excited and if he wins this weekend their wives are in for a treat 😂

I can’t watch the golf channel atm as it is just the wank off tiger channel

give yourself a pat on the back ye tit

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 9, 2018, 04:51:59 pm »
He's looking good for the Masters. Still quite erratic off the tee based off what I've read since he came back, but that doesn't matter so much at Augusta. Length is more important there.

Offline nuts100

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: March 9, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
give yourself a pat on the back ye tit

Thanks back has been patted

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #275 on: March 10, 2018, 04:21:54 am »
He's looking good for the Masters. Still quite erratic off the tee based off what I've read since he came back, but that doesn't matter so much at Augusta. Length is more important there.

He bombed a drive on his second round yesterday over 340 yards and it would have been further only the rough took some distance off. That's a 42 year-old man with a fused back driving it like that. A few weeks ago he registered the second fastest club speed on tour this season. It is insane.

The most impressive thing has been his short game. His touch around the greens and the pace of his putts has been great. For long periods he couldn't swing a club and could only pitch and putt so that is probably why he's kept that so sharp, and obviously in his prime his short game was elite anyway.

If he doesn't put his back out or suffer another serious injury then he absolutely will win another major.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #276 on: March 10, 2018, 07:45:26 am »
Personally think it'd be one of the big sporting moments of recent times if he does win another major
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: March 10, 2018, 09:00:27 am »
He bombed a drive on his second round yesterday over 340 yards and it would have been further only the rough took some distance off. That's a 42 year-old man with a fused back driving it like that. A few weeks ago he registered the second fastest club speed on tour this season. It is insane.

The most impressive thing has been his short game. His touch around the greens and the pace of his putts has been great. For long periods he couldn't swing a club and could only pitch and putt so that is probably why he's kept that so sharp, and obviously in his prime his short game was elite anyway.

If he doesn't put his back out or suffer another serious injury then he absolutely will win another major.

He's never had the fastests swing. That is why he could stop his swing in mid-swing when heckled or disturbed.

What he does have is tremendously quick hands through impact which allows Tiger to generate the clubhead speed.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #278 on: March 10, 2018, 09:17:00 am »
Personally think it'd be one of the big sporting moments of recent times if he does win another major

In the Jack Nicklaus winning the 86 Masters mold, actually end up being bigger than that, although think we've seen the last of Tiger Woods winning a major, the new breed of Golfers are not easily defeated like most others were at Tiger Woods peak.
#Sausages

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #279 on: March 10, 2018, 09:24:32 am »
In the Jack Nicklaus winning the 86 Masters mold, actually end up being bigger than that, although think we've seen the last of Tiger Woods winning a major, the new breed of Golfers are not easily defeated like most others were at Tiger Woods peak.

Woods has just beaten the past two Open champions by about 10 shots in two rounds. McIlroy didn't make the cut and looks to be struggling. Dustin Johnson and Jason Day aren't on fire like they have been in recent years. John Rahm will win major titles but hasn't won one yet, the same could be said for Matsuyama who can't quite get it done. Jordan Spieth suddenly can't make a put from even 3 feet.

Golfers were easily defeated by Woods at his peak. If he played bad he would still often compete, if he played well he was unbeatable. There is nobody out there right now who has taken hold of the mantle. Justin Thomas is on a great run but many players go on runs and can't sustain it properly. Mickelson won last week and he's what, 47? He beat Thomas in a play-off.

It's a very exciting time. Mickelson proving that the old guard can get it done and Woods competing again. Let me tell you, if Woods or Mickelson were to go up against one of the newer crop at Augusta or another major this year my money would be on the old fellas. They just know how to get it done.