Author Topic: That's it, we've had it with the (insert stand name here)  (Read 57959 times)

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This time one year, we'll be the Champions again
Re: That's it, we've had it with the Upper Annie Road
« Reply #280 on: October 11, 2012, 06:27:05 pm »
Maybe if we all start an eamail campaign they would consiider moving the kids section.

And run a credits system so that the kids who get into the new section are kids who are regular match goers NOT people who buy memberships just to get the crack at the big games in the members sale.
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #281 on: October 11, 2012, 06:29:57 pm »
And run a credits system so that the kids who get into the new section are kids who are regular match goers NOT people who buy memberships just to get the crack at the big games in the members sale.

Just make it pay in, open the turnies, first there, first in, worked for us, nobody ever moaned about atmosphere
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #282 on: October 11, 2012, 06:31:19 pm »
For me, it's about ticket prices. You won't get a home ticket for the Reading match under fourty quid. The cheapest tickets, for the Kop stand, are 42 pounds, well over 50 euros. If a father wants to take his two kids to the match next week, he'll pay over 100 pounds. On tickets alone. A bus fare, a programme, a pie and a pint could make that figure looking closer to 150 pounds. The average working-class Liverpudlian is probably just unable to fork out something like that. He'll go down to the local boozer with his lads instead.

Crucially, the working-class Liverpudlians are the vital part of the Anfield atmosphere. They are priced out of the ground and in their place come people who can afford the money, but they aren't Liverpool supporters. They are people who just want to be entertained. They want to take a seat and just have action in front of them. If they don't like it, they'll moan.

You can talk about standing, singing areas or whatever, but as long as the core of the Liverpool fanbase are priced out of the ground, the atmosphere won't improve.

It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: October 11, 2012, 06:33:35 pm »
Just make it pay in, open the turnies, first there, first in, worked for us, nobody ever moaned about atmosphere

True enough
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side"

#JFT96

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: October 11, 2012, 06:50:03 pm »
For me, it's about ticket prices. You won't get a home ticket for the Reading match under fourty quid. The cheapest tickets, for the Kop stand, are 42 pounds, well over 50 euros. If a father wants to take his two kids to the match next week, he'll pay over 100 pounds. On tickets alone. A bus fare, a programme, a pie and a pint could make that figure looking closer to 150 pounds. The average working-class Liverpudlian is probably just unable to fork out something like that. He'll go down to the local boozer with his lads instead.

Crucially, the working-class Liverpudlians are the vital part of the Anfield atmosphere. They are priced out of the ground and in their place come people who can afford the money, but they aren't Liverpool supporters. They are people who just want to be entertained. They want to take a seat and just have action in front of them. If they don't like it, they'll moan.

You can talk about standing, singing areas or whatever, but as long as the core of the Liverpool fanbase are priced out of the ground, the atmosphere won't improve.

Agreed but lowering prices isn't an option with a 45,000 stadium capacity. Not being in the champions league means we have to find alternate ways of bringing in money to compete with the top clubs. Of course prices are ridiculous though all over the country but that's what football and the world has become sadly.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: October 11, 2012, 07:01:14 pm »
No way they're going to drop any prices.

One thing that could improve the atmosphere without any loss in revenue would be to make the entire ground an unreserved seating area [apart from the wonderful corporates of course - make those pay through the nose].

One general sale adult price, one general sale child price, all existing season tickets the one price, but sit where you like.

It would encourage earlier entry into the ground [which I think is one of the main factors in building an atmosphere that has been lost in the all ticket age], and those lads who wanted to sit with their mates could do so, as long as they turned up early enough.

Just a thought!

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
« Reply #286 on: October 11, 2012, 07:12:36 pm »
No way they're going to drop any prices.

One thing that could improve the atmosphere without any loss in revenue would be to make the entire ground an unreserved seating area [apart from the wonderful corporates of course - make those pay through the nose].

One general sale adult price, one general sale child price, all existing season tickets the one price, but sit where you like.

It would encourage earlier entry into the ground [which I think is one of the main factors in building an atmosphere that has been lost in the all ticket age], and those lads who wanted to sit with their mates could do so, as long as they turned up early enough.

Just a thought!

An interesting idea especially the ground filling up more quickly. It reminds me of when as a kid I'd get into the Annie Road as the gates opened to get right behind the goal up on the tunnel. It was a long wait to kick off, but my mate and I would make up games to pass the time. Our favourite  was having an empty beer cup each and see whose would get kicked to an imaginary line. Deciding who stood out most on the Kop at regular intervals passed a minute or two as well. I wonder how others passed the hours waiting for the match to begin?

Offline balticred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: October 11, 2012, 07:22:54 pm »
I think until we have a significantly bigger capacity we cannot hope for a major change in atmosphere.

Any 'pressure group' should, in my opinion, work towards a change in the new stadium /  extension of Anfield.

Basically today all tickets cost approximately the same price. I believe we have the 'flattest' pricing structure in the League (maybe even Europe). We need far more differentiation - with far more corporate tickets on sale. Also sides of the ground should cost significantly more than the ends. If this happened then the kop and maybe even the Anfield Road could be sold at todays price for years to come or even (unlikely I know) less than today. Dortmund is a great example of how this works.

Also I really believe safe standing on the Kop (unreserved as in Germany) would make a huge difference. I know there would be opposition to this but, having seen how Germany do it, modern standing sections are nothing like old terraces.

There is hope but if any 'new stadium' is not designed in a way that accomodates passionate ordinary fans I fear we will continue to see the steady decline of matchday atmosphere.

Offline DutchRed

• Legacy Fan
  • =
« Reply #288 on: October 11, 2012, 07:25:46 pm »
Agreed but lowering prices isn't an option with a 45,000 stadium capacity. Not being in the champions league means we have to find alternate ways of bringing in money to compete with the top clubs. Of course prices are ridiculous though all over the country but that's what football and the world has become sadly.

It won't be changing significantly with a bigger capacity, because the people who run the club have only one concern as to tickets: they want to get the right price for achieving a maximum income. They'll try to get the highest possible price and still get a sell-out, regardless of the capacity being 45,000 or 65.000. I think there are 65.000 people who are willing to fork out 40 quid to go to Anfield every other week.
It's just sex and violence, melody and silence.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #289 on: October 11, 2012, 07:42:46 pm »
Haha, compulsory to bring a scarf banner or flag.
Leggit.

Yes on the KOP
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: October 11, 2012, 07:57:16 pm »
Who said anything about this being about OOT/foreign fans? Some right Marys in here wanted a bit of sympathy.

Its about fans in general. Loads of our fans are dickheads, I cringe at almost every game. I'd hate to sit anywhere but the Kop just because its so dead everywhere else and you get threatened with being chucked out for singing.

Offline Kerant

• Hertha Berlin Supporters Club, Member No. 00001
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #291 on: October 11, 2012, 09:27:19 pm »
I was at the very back of 306 at the Stoke game, and was stood next to 2 lads who spent more time talking to each other or on the phone during the game than actually watching it.

For the first 20 minutes of the match, the guy next to me was on the phone to his mates constantly -
"Alright Barry, guess where I am.... no, guess.... guess.... guess..... I'M AT ANFIELD WHEYYYY"

Then there was constant moaning from both of them throughout the game as "we're shit".

Frustrating having to put up with people like that in an area which a lot of the noise is generated from. People like that really don't help in terms of atmosphere, and if anything actually make it more negative.

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #292 on: October 12, 2012, 12:43:44 pm »
Another who's got it backwards.
The supporters should be boosting the players, not the other way around.

I'm stating the general facts.  Good performance = good atmosphere.  (See my posts, there are other factors)

Although at no point have I said that this is the way it should be.  So I don't have it backwards at all. I believe that the fans should come into their own when needed, the twelth man is needed when the team needs a lift. Does this happen?   Sometime it does, but not often enough. I'm always telling the kids 'the teams needs us now' etc etc
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #293 on: October 12, 2012, 12:45:02 pm »
OK mate gotcha now, nice one :wave

Offline Anfieldite

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #294 on: October 12, 2012, 01:05:13 pm »
I don't go in the Kop but what's the singing like for those in the singing area at the back of there? Isn't it the last 20 rows of the Kop constantly standing?

Offline sowellred

• Anny Roader
  • Brainwashing the kids with Anfield delight
« Reply #295 on: October 12, 2012, 01:12:22 pm »
The atmosphere was shite that year. A good home crowd could have turned some of those draws into wins, rather than sitting in silence and getting impatient before booing the team off the pitch after going top.

The whole ground needs putting out of its misery.

08/09  The year of some of my fondest recent memories, since going with the kids at least. My youngest' first game (Chelsea at 3yrs) learns the Torres song (sung the whole game that day).

Other good home wins against Real Madrid, Villa, Man U and Spurs when my daughter waved goodbye to her favourite player in Sami.

Not to mention the Arsenal F.A. Cup game where my whole family sang 'Justice for the 96' for the 6 minutes.

Awesome year - I guess we all remember things differently.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2012, 10:02:18 pm by sowellred »
Yes, we are good enough.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
« Reply #296 on: October 13, 2012, 01:37:24 pm »
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline SuperScouse

• Anny Roader
  • Walk on through the wind
« Reply #297 on: October 16, 2012, 10:36:08 am »
Go less and less these days cos of the price, just can't afford it especially now i've moved to Manc. Went to the Gomel match which was my first time at Anfield since Rafa's last season. Emigrating next year so don't think i'll go again, which breaks my heart. My best live memory of Anfield is the second leg vs Barcelona, I was near the front of the Kop and I literally couldn't talk the next day. Should be like that all the time but i'm glad I got to experience it once. I went to watch Hammarby while on holiday last month and the difference in atmosphere was staggering, they literally didn't stop singing for the whole match, I ended up singing along even though I didn't have a clue what it all meant. Stood on the terraces with the mad ultras, flags waving, best match i've been to in ages.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 10:38:41 am by SuperScouse »

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #298 on: October 16, 2012, 11:07:36 am »
I'm another who can't really afford to go anymore. It's over £180 for tickets and travel for 2 of us now. We used to go to most home games even up until a couple of years ago but just can't justify it anymore. Each time I got more and more pissed off with people around me in the ground. A lot of them don't seem at all interested in supporting the team.

I don't know what the solution is - I think it's just the way it is, I'm sure Utd + others have the same problem. A big club attracts the tourists + people who don't really know how to behave. It'll only get worse as we get better on the pitch. Having said that I don't think it was nearly as bad in 08/09 as it is now.

Offline Shankly84

• Main Stander
« Reply #299 on: October 16, 2012, 12:13:57 pm »
08/09  The year of some of my fondest recent memories, since going with the kids at least. My youngest' first game (Chelsea at 3yrs) learns the Torres song (sung the whole game that day).

Other good home wins against Real Madrid, Villa, Man U and Spurs when my daughter waved goodbye to her favourite player in Sami.

Not to mention the Arsenal F.A. Cup game where my whole family sang 'Justice for the 96' for the 6 minutes.Awesome year - I guess we all remember things differently.

That was 2007 wasn't it? Everton knocked us out in the 08/09 season.

Offline Bucke

• Custom title
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: October 16, 2012, 01:03:50 pm »
I wish it was like this............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TspYx7EaF5A&feature=fvwrel

that made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up
@johnbuckels

Offline Osaka_83

• Boys Pen
« Reply #301 on: October 16, 2012, 01:04:24 pm »
I don't go in the Kop but what's the singing like for those in the singing area at the back of there? Isn't it the last 20 rows of the Kop constantly standing?

It's usually ok, I'm in the back of 305 and it's no coincidence that the only people in the ground making noise are the ones who are allowed to stand. The best atmospheres in recent times are the ones where more of the Kop get away with standing - Napoli and Man City in the cups spring to mind.

Saying that there were some shockers last season, I ended up in 207 for QPR and was adamant I wasn't going to go back to Anfield due to how shite the atmosphere was,
and Fulham at home in May was utterly embarrassing, Anfield was like a library.

I'm still going this season as like I say it's alright in 305 but I feel sorry for people paying £50 to sit on their hands in silence for 90 minutes.

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #302 on: October 16, 2012, 01:18:17 pm »
Has anyone sent any emails?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Stagener

• Boys Pen
WE MUST ROCK AGAIN!!
« Reply #303 on: October 30, 2012, 06:39:41 am »
Is there really a "huge anfield problem"?
Sometimes atmosphere is shite against "not so big teams" i agree,
but its still rockin against "so called big teams". but why?
Theres same season ticket holders in "stoke/swansea etc..." games and i think daytripper number is quite same in every game.

Is Newcastle "big team"? (i fu*kin hate them)
They got very loud away support and i dont wanna hear them whole 90mins. Arsenal game was enought, only what i hear was Arsenal fans :(
"wheres you´re famous atmosphere"
"is this a church"
"you neveeer get a job"
and chants like that. SO LETS F*KIN ROCK OVER AWAY FANS!

Yes, im OOT. I went to the games 7-10 times/season, but every time i sing my voice out of me!!!  :wave
Daytrippers/OOT´s is just an excuse for bad atmosphere!

NEXT SUNDAY LETS FUCKING ROCK! I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY STUPID GEORDIE CHANTS!

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: October 30, 2012, 09:22:37 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TspYx7EaF5A&feature=fvwrel

Celtic have the best support in Britain by a country mile. The green brigade have had an absolutely huge impact on the atmosphere and the way the club have accommodated them has been fantastic.

The thing is too it's not just big games, that place is rocking even for the smaller games.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #305 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:18 am »
Maybe we need a new song? A song as good as 'we've got the best midfield' or the 'Torres' song because they're the type that got everyone on their feet.
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline Stagener

• Boys Pen
« Reply #306 on: November 1, 2012, 03:55:29 pm »
My stream was quite shit last night, but only what i heard was Swansea fans. Whattafuck is this??
We need to support our team! All togerher now,please!

Lets fucking rock against newcastle! No matter what!

Stevie songs,Suarez song. FOAR....Lets use easy songs so everyone can recognize them!

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
That's it, we've had it with the Upper Annie Road
« Reply #307 on: November 4, 2012, 07:39:20 pm »
Right. That's it. I've fucking had enough. Kop 306 today. Gang of about 4 Irish guys spouting absolute shite. And I mean shite. Allen plays a pass across. Greeted by 'your fucking shit. Hit it forward'. Suarez not hitting the target greeted by 'We need a fucking striker.' Etc etc. going on some shite about we will lose 1-0. We concede 'Rodgers is shit' 'I'll give him 3 months.'

This was before HT. at the break I had to move somewhere else in the 300's utter gobshite stoke admiring, Hogg adoring c*nts.

Wish I had the balls to give them an earful. c*nts. c*nts. c*nts.
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline joel

• Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Lean. Joel Leeeaaaannnn! Please don't ban him just because you can!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All round the fields of Anfield road.
That's it, we've had it with the Upper Annie Road
« Reply #308 on: November 4, 2012, 07:40:21 pm »
Do people generally not understand Rodgers' style? Tossers.
Quote from: CONFIAMOS on December 24, 2011, 01:45:18 PM
Perfect irony, out of everything he could have pictured next to, he's by a chocolate frog.

Offline HermanToothrot

• Main Stander
« Reply #309 on: November 4, 2012, 07:46:02 pm »
Away fans are hardcore though.
Anfield is like Thorpe Park now. People go because it is a novelty. A day out. A chance to take some photographs.

If the away section was 50% of the capacity, it would possibly encourage our 50% to up the volume.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Re: WE MUST ROCK AGAIN!!
« Reply #310 on: November 4, 2012, 07:57:02 pm »
Is there really a "huge anfield problem"?
Sometimes atmosphere is shite against "not so big teams" i agree,
but its still rockin against "so called big teams". but why?
Theres same season ticket holders in "stoke/swansea etc..." games and i think daytripper number is quite same in every game.

Is Newcastle "big team"? (i fu*kin hate them)
They got very loud away support and i dont wanna hear them whole 90mins. Arsenal game was enought, only what i hear was Arsenal fans :(
"wheres you´re famous atmosphere"
"is this a church"
"you neveeer get a job"
and chants like that. SO LETS F*KIN ROCK OVER AWAY FANS!

Yes, im OOT. I went to the games 7-10 times/season, but every time i sing my voice out of me!!!  :wave
Daytrippers/OOT´s is just an excuse for bad atmosphere!

NEXT SUNDAY LETS FUCKING ROCK! I DONT WANT TO HEAR ANY STUPID GEORDIE CHANTS!

Sat in the mainn stand today, not far from the Geordies, all the usual crap about Suarez, even when he is brought down, doesn't appeal in any way but wins the free kick ::)            i'm sick of away fans singing ' shall we sing a song for you'....'where's your famous atmosphere'....'
Even walking back past their coaches after the game all you could hear was their Suarez song and their Gerrard one......................i'ts geting boring now :no
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: November 4, 2012, 08:57:28 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkIdWy2VT2Y&feature=fvst

get it like that and id go every week!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline wewonit5timesinistanbul

• Kopite
« Reply #312 on: November 4, 2012, 09:05:47 pm »
Anybody know why we had an empty block in the upper today even though the games been sold out for a few weeks

Offline AJL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: November 4, 2012, 09:39:42 pm »
Right. That's it. I've fucking had enough. Kop 306 today. Gang of about 4 Irish guys spouting absolute shite. And I mean shite. Allen plays a pass across. Greeted by 'your fucking shit. Hit it forward'. Suarez not hitting the target greeted by 'We need a fucking striker.' Etc etc. going on some shite about we will lose 1-0. We concede 'Rodgers is shit' 'I'll give him 3 months.'

This was before HT. at the break I had to move somewhere else in the 300's utter gobshite stoke admiring, Hogg adoring c*nts.

Wish I had the balls to give them an earful. c*nts. c*nts. c*nts.

Agree, was in 305 for the Swansea game stood behind some absolute f*cking cock !  Even his mate just ended up nodding and ignoring the prick.

Fed up now  :no

#JFT96

Offline Kop202

• Main Stander
« Reply #314 on: November 4, 2012, 10:05:11 pm »
Anybody know why we had an empty block in the upper today even though the games been sold out for a few weeks

Would really like to know that myself. Looked strange. A bit like these clubs who never sell out and then close off some sections in their ground.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: November 4, 2012, 10:10:24 pm »
Agree, was in 305 for the Swansea game stood behind some absolute f*cking cock !  Even his mate just ended up nodding and ignoring the prick.

Fed up now  :no

Sadly this kind of shite happens every now and then. Even today I had a bit of a bell whiff young Welsh lad next to me sarcastically applauding Joe Allen for his sideway passes and then slating Enrique for clearing the ball later on in the match with Sammy Ameobi breathing down his neck. Apparently Enrique should of turn Ameobi on a six pence and then played a wonder ball through to Suarez.

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #316 on: November 4, 2012, 11:31:26 pm »
Sadly this kind of shite happens every now and then. Even today I had a bit of a bell whiff young Welsh lad next to me sarcastically applauding Joe Allen for his sideway passes and then slating Enrique for clearing the ball later on in the match with Sammy Ameobi breathing down his neck. Apparently Enrique should of turn Ameobi on a six pence and then played a wonder ball through to Suarez.

I hate shit like that. Someone plays a simple sideways pass, but according to our all knowledgeable super fan they should 'get it forward'. Five minutes later that player gets the ball, tries a 30 yard through ball and fails. At that point they should have 'played it simple'. I wish some of these all knowing fans played for us, we'd have 100% possession and win 85-0 every game.

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: November 5, 2012, 07:54:08 am »

Somebody said after the match it was down to sky using the TV box at anfield today. Dunno if it's true.
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: November 5, 2012, 08:00:49 am »
After we scored the atmosphere was quite good in 304, the best few minutes of atmosphere all season actually.
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline gerrardlfc

• Kopite
« Reply #319 on: November 5, 2012, 09:46:32 am »
After we scored the atmosphere was quite good in 304, the best few minutes of atmosphere all season actually.
Not sure about that mate, Man City was a good atmo