Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 377571 times)

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Reply #7480 on: April 17, 2024, 10:01:43 pm »
You're talking it up like you're seasoned Champions League veterans. Bayern Munich's fans are as delighted to see Arsenal back in the CL as your own.
:-*

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7481 on: April 17, 2024, 10:04:37 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline josh101

• Main Stander
« Reply #7482 on: April 17, 2024, 10:04:39 pm »
Where was Odegaard? I didn't see him post match taking any pictures?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #7483 on: April 17, 2024, 10:05:05 pm »
Good ebening

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7484 on: April 17, 2024, 10:06:46 pm »
You wonder if the owners might think about a manager that can take them to that next step. They got far too emotional last season and it looks similar this, and they’ve gone out of the CL because of Sakas diving. Thats all from Arteta.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #7485 on: April 17, 2024, 10:09:07 pm »
The useless bastards couldn't even force extra time!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7486 on: April 17, 2024, 10:14:43 pm »
Pretty brutal run coming up after this as well, Wolves (A), Chelsea (H), Tottenham (A) in the next 11 days. Fair play if they manage to get through that in good shape after tonight and being quite evidently tired, I'd be surprised.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7487 on: April 17, 2024, 10:20:50 pm »
Very frustrating result. Needed extra time and for them to go through to the next round to keep their minds off the  PL.

Never mind. Maybe this will affect their belief in some way.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7488 on: April 17, 2024, 10:23:11 pm »
Gotta win at home always.

The one time we somehow won at Allianz 2-0, we still went out on away goals.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7489 on: April 17, 2024, 10:23:22 pm »
I was switching between the two games but I felt they looked really good in the first half even though they couldn't score. To be honest, Bayern looked very average and that's the worst Bayern team in a while.

Arsenal are better but experience matters at this level. They still have a chance of winning the league but the possibility of their best team in a while going two years without a trophy must really sting. I remember being devastated after Kompany's goal for the same reason (we were so good yet it looked like we'd go home empty handed).

From Arsenal's POV, they have fresher legs for the last 6 games but this is a psychological blow.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7490 on: April 17, 2024, 10:23:46 pm »
Very frustrating result. Needed extra time and for them to go through to the next round to keep their minds off the  PL.

Never mind. Maybe this will affect their belief in some way.

the dedication RAWK posters have for this train of thought is unmatched :lmao

It really doesn’t matter.  No one bar Arsenal fans will be ‘frustrated’ to see them play poorly and go out, meaning that they yet again fail in Europe.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #7491 on: April 17, 2024, 10:25:15 pm »
I think much like us they've hit a wall.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7492 on: April 17, 2024, 10:27:06 pm »
Why does Saka limp off the pitch every time he plays poorly?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #7493 on: April 17, 2024, 10:34:24 pm »

They've also faced the crippling problem of having to play against well managed opposition - Porto, Man City, Bayern, Villa - that aren't awed by the prospect of playing Arsenal. European refs are also less likely to buy into their theatrical antics

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #7494 on: April 17, 2024, 10:35:20 pm »

Huge amount of luck with injuries though, barely had any injuries to important players. I’m not sure we’ve fielded our best XI once!

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7495 on: April 17, 2024, 10:38:54 pm »
I was switching between the two games but I felt they looked really good in the first half even though they couldn't score. To be honest, Bayern looked very average and that's the worst Bayern team in a while.

Arsenal are better but experience matters at this level. They still have a chance of winning the league but the possibility of their best team in a while going two years without a trophy must really sting. I remember being devastated after Kompany's goal for the same reason (we were so good yet it looked like we'd go home empty handed).

From Arsenal's POV, they have fresher legs for the last 6 games but this is a psychological blow.

Bayern dominated the second half. Completely shut Arsenal down.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7496 on: April 17, 2024, 10:53:33 pm »
 :)

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7497 on: April 17, 2024, 10:53:37 pm »

Bayern were the better side. Would argue they were in both halves as well

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7498 on: April 17, 2024, 10:59:59 pm »
You wonder if the owners might think about a manager that can take them to that next step. They got far too emotional last season and it looks similar this, and they’ve gone out of the CL because of Sakas diving. Thats all from Arteta.

Complete nonsense. They are where they are because of Arteta. And sure, spending a lot of money has helped, but there's plenty of other teams who do that as well without the same results.

I think they are punching well above their weight based on the quality of their team. How many players would you take from them to start for us, for example? I'm saying three or four max.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #7499 on: April 17, 2024, 11:04:31 pm »

Like who? He’s clearly a good mananger. Not elite, but there’s only a very few of them around, and no one available that will go to Arsenal.

Arteta’s a prick, and yeah, be nice for a neutral if he didn’t coach his teams to dive so much, but he isn’t he only one.  But I don’t get this line of thinking that Arsenal need to move on or improve on him.

Arsenal are not one of the superpowers in Europe either (as yet another failure this season showed), so it’s not like they are likely going to attract anyone better who may come available.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #7500 on: April 17, 2024, 11:10:03 pm »
Every player that gets into a huddle when they fake an injury should be booked. And Arteta sent off. It’s not basketball. Hate that shit.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7501 on: April 17, 2024, 11:11:44 pm »
Ah well, it's not for everybody. And you'll always have the Fairs Cup.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #7502 on: April 17, 2024, 11:12:52 pm »
So we are the only one of the top 3 still in Europe?

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7503 on: April 17, 2024, 11:13:27 pm »
Why does Saka limp off the pitch every time he plays poorly?

Does that every single time. Its like he thinks he can feign an injury and people will think "oh look at him, that's the reason he was shit and a diving little tube"

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7504 on: April 17, 2024, 11:15:18 pm »
They were very poor in the second half.

Similarly to us, they look out of gas and ideas.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #7505 on: April 17, 2024, 11:23:41 pm »
Well the meltdown came a little later this season but still just as delightful to watch. Like I predicted back in Feb when they were worldbeaters, they’ll be at least 7 points off the title when it’s all said and done

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #7506 on: April 17, 2024, 11:23:48 pm »
These are the types of game where you think, "Rice, will he finally step up?" That's an awful lot of money for a player who seems to settle for so little.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #7507 on: April 17, 2024, 11:25:32 pm »
 ::)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #7508 on: April 17, 2024, 11:26:13 pm »
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7510 on: April 17, 2024, 11:31:55 pm »
These are the types of game where you think, "Rice, will he finally step up?" That's an awful lot of money for a player who seems to settle for so little.

I don't get why you would sign a player like him and start Jorginho. Rice is a really good number 6, but playing him as a number 8 just exposes his deficiencies, minimises his strengths, and means you are playing with one less attack-minded player.

They're crying out for a left-sided 8, that's for sure.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jagadambe Mata ♡
« Reply #7511 on: April 17, 2024, 11:35:01 pm »
Well the meltdown came a little later this season but still just as delightful to watch. Like I predicted back in Feb when they were worldbeaters, they’ll be at least 7 points off the title when it’s all said and done

I've been saying for months that their legs will go and they are . It ain't exactly a meltdown though , is it ? Their first league defeat in moons and getting knocked out by Bayern was expected in my eyes as ... it's Bayern. The same as Real beating City ... it's Real. This is Arsenal's first big mental and physical test of the season and their next game at Wolves is now a very tricky one.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #7512 on: April 17, 2024, 11:38:28 pm »

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #7513 on: April 17, 2024, 11:49:09 pm »

Klopp is leaving and your replacing with a 39 year old Amorim. With the expectation he builds a new Liverpool in the subsequent years when Salah and VVD who will be phased out due them both being in the twilight of their careers. It could be a rough couple of years.

You do not sack a manager who has taken your team to banter era to challenging for the title. You do not sack a manager losing 3-2 on aggregate to Bayern Munich. If you sack a manager under those circumstances, its done on pure emotion rather than rational. Which ironically is the same thing your speaking out against.

This 'experienced manager' you speak of, that we need to hire, why didn't you hire him. Why did you hire a up and coming rookie? Why would we be better off with a more experienced manager, but not Liverpool?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2024, 11:50:53 pm by BigBrainArteta »

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #7514 on: April 17, 2024, 11:53:09 pm »
Bayern dominated the second half. Completely shut Arsenal down.

As I said at the half in the CL thread, it had all the makings of the Villa/Arsenal game where Arsenal went into the half 0-0 while playing fairly decent football without success. Arsenal shat the bed in the second half, in both the Villa game and this one. As poorly as Bayern played, it never felt like Arsenal was going to score.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #7515 on: April 17, 2024, 11:57:45 pm »
Klopp is leaving and your replacing with a 39 year old Amorim. With the expectation he builds a new Liverpool in the subsequent years when Salah and VVD who will be phased out due them both being in the twilight of their careers. It could be a rough couple of years.

You do not sack a manager who has taken your team to banter era to challenging for the title. You do not sack a manager losing 3-2 on aggregate to Bayern Munich. If you sack a manager under those circumstances, its done on pure emotion rather than rational. Which ironically is the same thing your speaking out against.

This 'experienced manager' you speak of, that we need to hire, why didn't you hire him. Why did you hire a up and coming rookie? Why would we be better off with a more experienced manager, but not Liverpool?

Because we don't need someone to take us to that next step. We've been there and are there. What we need is someone who can steer the team while rebuilding. Different CV needed for that job. You need a manager with the mental fortitude to take your club to the next level. Can Arteta do that? I don't know, quite frankly. But that's your problem, not Liverpool's.

And it's 'you're'. Both times.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline BigBrainArteta

• Main Stander
« Reply #7516 on: April 18, 2024, 12:00:11 am »
Because we don't need someone to take us to that next step. We've been there and are there. What we need is someone who can steer the team while rebuilding. Different CV needed for that job. You need a manager with the mental fortitude to take your club to the next level. Can Arteta do that? I don't know, quite frankly. But that's your problem, not Liverpool's.

And it's 'you're'. Both times.

You think Liverpool under Amorim can finish above Arsenal next season? I would be surprised if that happened.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7517 on: April 18, 2024, 12:04:07 am »
You think Liverpool under Amorim can finish above Arsenal next season? I would be surprised if that happened.
He never said so. Liverpool should not be Arsenal 's focus because Arsenal can finish above us and not win a trophy.

Arsenal are a very good team but it's a team that needs to win to become winners. It's that simple.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7518 on: April 18, 2024, 01:15:17 am »
Big opportunity missed for them. Weak competition this year. Really just goes to show the strength of Jurgen’s achievements with us once again.

"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7519 on: April 18, 2024, 01:24:19 am »
There's the Arsenal we know. Proper chokers! ;D
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.