Author Topic: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0  (Read 45940 times)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: PL: Everton 0 vs. Liverpool 0
« Reply #520 on: April 7, 2018, 04:20:51 pm »
Not too disappointed with a draw. These games are always a slog, even with the first XI playing.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #521 on: April 7, 2018, 04:22:01 pm »
The fewm is amazing! They know due to injuries, tiredness and it sandwiched in between a massive Champs League, that it was the best chance they’ll have in long time and they blew it. Apart from the last 10 mins we breezed through that game , without them barely laying a glove on us
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: April 7, 2018, 04:26:42 pm »
Fat Sam's made himself an Everton legend already.  Two PL draws, taken four points off us, stopped us scoring, and actually made the team look like they could be arsed. ;)

We could have done better but I reckon we're happy with the result.  No injuries - warm up aside  ;D - and Tuesday still to look forward to!

I'm happy.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline DaveLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: April 7, 2018, 04:27:13 pm »
The Karius therad is  locked, I want to fawn over him, he's so dreamy  :P

He's a keeper for sure.
The consequences of rejecting reality are not immediate but they are inevitable

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #524 on: April 7, 2018, 04:37:59 pm »
Even if Mo was fit I don't think we would've risked him today.

We couldn’t be arsed risking Moreno.

I hope Everton take some time to reflect that.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
« Reply #525 on: April 7, 2018, 04:40:43 pm »
Imagine being an Everton fan and having that absolute crap be the highlight of your season!
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #526 on: April 7, 2018, 04:45:40 pm »
Quote from: Shady Craig on Today at 03:33:10 PM
Is Salah and Can back for Tuesday do we reckon?
(Can out)
 Salah should be at least.
Which is like, I lost a fiver but found a £20 note whilst looking for it.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: April 7, 2018, 04:48:32 pm »
I was at outskirts of Bangkok and I started mumbling that I will missä the game when the bartender told me ’no worries his mate is huge Liverpool fan’. Soon, I was given mobile phone with live match coverage. Game itself is moot point, done and dusted on our way to better things, but Liverpool fans truely never walk alone.  8)
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Stay Puft

• Kemlynite
« Reply #528 on: April 7, 2018, 04:49:26 pm »
Shit game. Good result and managed to rotate a few players in the game which is the best we could have hoped for. Especially now City are resting players in their derby which suggests they believe they can still turn this around.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: April 7, 2018, 04:54:36 pm »
A decent result in what was always going to be a tough fixture. Roll on Tuesday.

How bad are they, though? Christ. If we'd started the normal front three, it could have been 5, 6 nil.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #530 on: April 7, 2018, 04:55:48 pm »
Not losing was clearly the objective. Now it’s out the way we can get on with the serious business.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: April 7, 2018, 05:06:40 pm »
They can't even get it up out of hatred anymore. Dead club, should follow Sunderland for a ride down below. I've seen sack races with more aggression.

Suited Liverpool just fine.

Edit: Even the shoving match in the first half was half-hearted come on.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2018, 05:09:13 pm by surfer. Fuck you generator. »

Offline n00bert

• Legacy Fan
  • Born a Red, die a Red. 4-2-3-1 Ultra. DM sceptic.
« Reply #532 on: April 7, 2018, 05:09:21 pm »
Amazing that with the team we started with what looked like instructions to conserve energy, that we still for the most part bossed them at their place. They are so poor it’s ridiculous that they think we consider them rivals in any way, shape or form.

Their best chance at beating us in years and this is all they mustered.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #533 on: April 7, 2018, 05:09:28 pm »
Karius' thread is closed so i will put it here.

That save from Bolasie was genuinely world class. So good

He has been an absolute beast. His turnaround has been magnificent to say the least...
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #534 on: April 7, 2018, 05:10:07 pm »
Just went on to GOT for the laughs and saw this beaut.

"They were 8th two years ago they've had a wonder one off season from salah who's won them those 26 points himself. The one who did that last year has already left.
I don't bother with comparing to them, just know they're nothing special."

- referring to those 26 points we're ahead.

:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: April 7, 2018, 05:13:00 pm »
Everton: tragic.

Solanke... woah boy. I had faith this lad had it and things just hadn’t broken for him but that was a woeful performance, whatever age he is.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #536 on: April 7, 2018, 05:16:01 pm »
If we win the Champions League but finish fourth and Arsenal win the Europa, will we need to start qualifying from the Inter-Toto cup? Will be tough especially in a world cup year.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #537 on: April 7, 2018, 05:18:04 pm »
Just went on to GOT for the laughs and saw this beaut.

"They were 8th two years ago they've had a wonder one off season from salah who's won them those 26 points himself. The one who did that last year has already left.
I don't bother with comparing to them, just know they're nothing special."

- referring to those 26 points we're ahead.

Another beaut on top of this

"So three games against us this season and the only one they won was because of a ref giving a terrible penalty for a dive."

Lallana's was a dive, Calvert-Lewin's either wasn't or just needs to be ignored, and our reserve lineup for this game can be ignored as well. They really are living in a world you cannot begin to define. 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: April 7, 2018, 05:20:10 pm »
Who are they playing in the quarters then??
Jurgen YNWA

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #539 on: April 7, 2018, 05:22:09 pm »
Another beaut on top of this

"So three games against us this season and the only one they won was because of a ref giving a terrible penalty for a dive."

Lallana's was a dive, Calvert-Lewin's either wasn't or just needs to be ignored, and our reserve lineup for this game can be ignored as well. They really are living in a world you cannot begin to define.

No one does delusion quite like Everton.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #540 on: April 7, 2018, 05:23:14 pm »
Shots on goal:

Everton - 1
Liverpool - 3

We were lucky to get out of there alive.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #541 on: April 7, 2018, 05:23:20 pm »
Everton: tragic.

Solanke... woah boy. I had faith this lad had it and things just hadn’t broken for him but that was a woeful performance, whatever age he is.

He needs to seriously work on his 1st touch and making the ball stick. For me he's a 6 yard box striker that is struggling to adapt to our style and system. He's got time on his side and has scored lots of goals at all levels, so there's no point giving up on him anytime soon.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #542 on: April 7, 2018, 05:23:32 pm »
Who are they playing in the quarters then??

They never have quarters remember? Always a direct route to two finals (even three this season). And one of them was today mate  ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #543 on: April 7, 2018, 05:25:39 pm »
The bit where Coleman is having a go at Ings, and Ings just keeps saying "D'ya want some?"

Then Wayne losing it after being subbed.

However, not seeing it with Solanke. He's almost 100% reaction. He'll need to start reading the game quicker if he's to ever become a starter.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: April 7, 2018, 05:25:57 pm »
We had:
-First appearance for Clyne all season
-First start for Klavan in ages and in an unfamiliar role
-First start for Ings since 2015
-Solanke starting, who rarely goes the full 90
-Players still recovering from Wednesday
-Injuries piling up

And yet Everton showed no ambition until the last 5-10 minutes.

NBC was ripping them to shreds all match.  Lee Dixon got in dig after dig on Everton and Allardyce.  By the end, when the question of "should Sam be given the reins going forward," it was all out criticism of Allardyce from the commentary box and in the studio.  After Michael Keane's interview after the match ("we knew they'd tired, we tried to play it cagey for a while, and then try to score late, etc, etc"), one of the studio guys immediately says:  "And that's why Sam Allardyce isn't good enough for this club."

That's one thing I'll disagree with:  I think he's perfect for that club.

Fat Sam is some sort of bad omen....... When he leaves teams....they tend to get relegated (or at the very best do badly the next season)...newcastle, bolton....etc.

So.....its a catch 22 situation.... If he stays its all good (ie.....they continue with regressive football). If he leaves....expect ever$hit to get relegated next season.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #545 on: April 7, 2018, 05:33:16 pm »
Lots of heavy legs out there, Bobby, Hendo, Lovren, even super athlete, Milner.

Personally, I am gutted, absolutely gutted, we didn’t hammer such a woeful Everton team. But, I’ll forgive the players as I understand, however you get paid, you are are only human.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #546 on: April 7, 2018, 05:35:04 pm »
Wont judge Ings and Solanke based on 2-3 premier league games this season.
Not sure about you all, but if me, will only judge them when during the game our midfield keep
supplying those two with few good through balls and more crosses (not a shit one),
BUT still both of them cant score, cant take their chances, then I think its fair to say they are bad.
It's not fair for me to say and pointing any faults to them right now if the team cant score a goal
in the derby OR any games (without our midfield not even really trying hard to supply).
Be fair as a fan and if they grow, credit to them.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #547 on: April 7, 2018, 05:37:33 pm »
Highlight for me was 'Potato Head' being subbed... 'It's Bullshit' he lovingly says to Fat Sam as he squelch's by..  :mooncat
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #548 on: April 7, 2018, 05:41:05 pm »
Wont judge Ings and Solanke based on 2-3 premier league games this season.
Not sure about you all, but if me, will only judge them when during the game our midfield keep
supplying those two with few good through balls and more crosses (not a shit one),
BUT still both of them cant score, cant take their chances, then I think its fair to say they are bad.
It's not fair for me to say and pointing any faults to them right now if the team cant score a goal
in the derby OR any games (without our midfield not even really trying hard to supply).
Be fair as a fan and if they grow, credit to them.

We had four shots on goal though. So there was enough for either of them to score at least one.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #549 on: April 7, 2018, 05:59:48 pm »
Happy enough with that.

A late scrappy winner would have been utopia.

Gini was excellent
CBs good
Clyne really pleasing
Hendo was decent
Mane took it easy which is fair
Ings worked his socks off in an unfamiliar role

Solanke though was really disappointing. He’ll be moving down the pecking order very swiftly unless he starts taking these opportunities in the first team.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #550 on: April 7, 2018, 06:02:57 pm »
The highlight for their fans, and the only time they made some noise, was that 2 minute spell after the handbags between Coleman and Ings.

Pretty much says everything you need to know about the sad state of their team.  Fully rested and playing our B-team, with multiple Pool getting their season debuts, and we passed the ball around them for 75 minutes.  Outside of the last 15 they did absolutely nothing.

Fat Sam is the their Roy Hodgson.  Long may it continue.
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #551 on: April 7, 2018, 06:12:39 pm »
Yes Solanke looks a way off but he has a knack of constantly getting into good chances which is promising. A year under Klopp will have done wonders for his development, he should be a much improved player next season , let's see if it will be enough.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #552 on: April 7, 2018, 06:53:32 pm »
Yes Solanke looks a way off but he has a knack of constantly getting into good chances which is promising. A year under Klopp will have done wonders for his development, he should be a much improved player next season , let's see if it will be enough.

I hope it turns out that way, but I honestly think Origi should have been here this season. He scored in double digits in the last two seasons.

Offline theboyspen

• Winner of 2009's "First to give up on the Premier League" prize, 10.58pm, Sunday 2nd August 2009
  • Legacy Fan
  • "He made the people happy."
« Reply #553 on: April 7, 2018, 07:00:46 pm »
If they'd have scored in that last 10 minutes (which I think was their plan) Fat Sam would've been hailed a tactical genius!
The fact they didn't means he's a fat-headed no mark masticating his way through mediocre relegation fodder!
"The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards."
"Red is my colour. I'll play for Liverpool as long as they will have me. I don't want to play for anybody else and when I pull off the red shirt for the last time I expect I will finish with football, at any rate as a player."McKinlay 1923

Offline artanis

• Legacy Fan
  • It is what it is.
« Reply #554 on: April 7, 2018, 07:12:04 pm »
We came out of the game great.
Boy City are struggling.
Kicked around!

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #556 on: April 7, 2018, 07:51:32 pm »
Kenright is really turning into Java

Java the Hut?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #557 on: April 7, 2018, 07:54:41 pm »
Coleman's reaction to Ings was the most transparent attempt to get the crowd fired up over fuck all that I've ever seen

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #558 on: April 7, 2018, 07:56:03 pm »
Glad to see Jürgen navigate this fixture better than Pep did.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/liverpool-Jürgen-klopp-merseyside-derby-not-the-game-people-wanted-but-not-our-job-a3808226.html

This is not the thread....but klopp should drill the team on set pieces by targeting otamendi for the upcoming game. Man city are really weak in this area.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #559 on: April 7, 2018, 08:01:27 pm »
This is not the thread....but klopp should drill the team on set pieces by targeting otamendi for the upcoming game. Man city are really weak in this area.

Open the CL match thread  :hally
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy