Author Topic: Football commentator/pundits  (Read 54941 times)

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Re: Football commentator/pundits
« Reply #600 on: April 5, 2024, 02:05:37 pm »
Who was the co-commentator on the Sky feed for last nights game? Just watched the highlights on YouTube and you’d struggle to find a less enthusiastic response to MacAllister’s belter  :D. Must be a Manc.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #601 on: April 5, 2024, 03:03:33 pm »
Who was the co-commentator on the Sky feed for last nights game? Just watched the highlights on YouTube and you’d struggle to find a less enthusiastic response to MacAllister’s belter  :D. Must be a Manc.

Probably the international feed and that was none other than Phil Jagielka so you can excuse him the lack of excitement  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #602 on: April 6, 2024, 06:04:50 pm »
Arsenal's Alan Smith backing Arsenal getting a dodgy penalty shocker.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #603 on: April 6, 2024, 09:09:08 pm »
Alan Smith makes Michael Owen sound interesting.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #604 on: April 6, 2024, 09:18:12 pm »

Someone described him as snivelling earlier which is spot on. Contractually obliged to do every Arsenal game too it seems.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #605 on: April 6, 2024, 09:19:35 pm »
whereas it would take an Act Of Parliament to get Beglin or McManaman to admit we deserve a throw in.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: April 7, 2024, 04:40:52 pm »
Sky are determined to make this title race all about themselves aren’t they

Lost track of the amount of times they’ve pushed this “chaos” narrative

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #607 on: April 8, 2024, 09:02:08 am »
Sky are determined to make this title race all about themselves aren’t they

Lost track of the amount of times they’ve pushed this “chaos” narrative

It’s clear they give their commentators briefs to create buzz lines and such. Neville is so blatantly obvious with it as he repeats the exact same thing game after game in the most unnatural of ways. 

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #608 on: April 8, 2024, 09:04:21 am »
I wondered what that was all about yesterday, Neville was screaming it after United scored and it just sounded really forced. The only time I've heard it mentioned before was in relation to Nunez.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #609 on: April 8, 2024, 09:09:13 am »
The Punch & Judy stuff is just really dull now.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: April 8, 2024, 09:17:15 am »
It’s clear they give their commentators briefs to create buzz lines and such. Neville is so blatantly obvious with it as he repeats the exact same thing game after game in the most unnatural of ways.

Yep. It looks like he made a comment like “let the chaos begin” recently and so far it’s made it on to an advert and was mentioned 647 times in the match comms yesterday. Their relentless narrative pushing is so tiring

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #611 on: April 8, 2024, 09:18:02 am »
The Punch & Judy stuff is just really dull now.

“Here’s a former Liverpool player REACTING to a UNITED goal!”
“Here’s GARY NEVILLE and he looks VERY SAD that LIVERPOOL scored!!!!!!!!”

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: April 8, 2024, 09:24:45 am »
The whole thing Sky do with Carragher and Neville is so painfully forced and cringy. They're trying so hard to make them this double act of theirs a thing.  Just like they tried to make the whole Martin Tyler and Its Live a thing. They just look like idiots if you ask me

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: April 8, 2024, 09:49:12 am »
The whole thing Sky do with Carragher and Neville is so painfully forced and cringy. They're trying so hard to make them this double act of theirs a thing.  Just like they tried to make the whole Martin Tyler and Its Live a thing. They just look like idiots if you ask me

And its LLLLLIIIÌIIIVVVVVEEEEEEE of course it is Tyler you tit as nobody would watch otherwise !

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #614 on: April 8, 2024, 09:50:35 am »
I wondered what that was all about yesterday, Neville was screaming it after United scored and it just sounded really forced. The only time I've heard it mentioned before was in relation to Nunez.
He said it in a City game recently, they even showed the clip of him shouting it in the exact same way just before the game on Sky. It's clearly an attempted tagline, which will only work if teams drop plenty of points and not if it's just all 3 winning week after week.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #615 on: April 8, 2024, 09:51:47 am »
“Here’s a former Liverpool player REACTING to a UNITED goal!”
“Here’s GARY NEVILLE and he looks VERY SAD that LIVERPOOL scored!!!!!!!!”

That's the exact same way youtubers title their videos to get clicks and views. Sky Sports, which has thousands of subscribers paying massive amount trying to farm clicks.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: April 8, 2024, 10:24:59 am »
That's the exact same way youtubers title their videos to get clicks and views. Sky Sports, which has thousands of subscribers paying massive amount trying to farm clicks.

You couldn't even write it, the last few uploads on the Sky Sports YouTube channel...

CHAOS at Old Trafford!
Old Firm CLASSIC!
Late VAR Controversy!
EXTENDED Carra and Neville Highlights!

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #617 on: April 8, 2024, 10:26:46 am »
You couldn't even write it, the last few uploads on the Sky Sports YouTube channel...

CHAOS at Old Trafford!
Old Firm CLASSIC!
Late VAR Controversy!
EXTENDED Carra and Neville Highlights!

Who the fuck wants to see that shite too. It's bad enough having to listen to them for 90 mins

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #618 on: April 8, 2024, 11:12:40 am »
I, for one, can't wait for the influencers and youtubers to start getting involved.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: April 8, 2024, 11:50:38 am »
I, for one, can't wait for the influencers and youtubers to start getting involved.

Only a matter of time that is as they tend to have lots of followers.

When my mate used to send me AFC vids I used to laugh and think this not last how can people listen to people shouting over one another BRO BRUV you get me Init, Wenger is SHIT ...absolutely no soultions to their problems either !

Soccer AM went obviously past its sell by date I flicked on Saturday got a few guys with Ipads reading tweets out its laughable really.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #620 on: April 8, 2024, 11:51:13 am »

They already are.

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: April 8, 2024, 12:28:36 pm »
They already are.

Yep.

They replaced Soccer AM with "Saturday Social" led by attention seeking content merchants and they collaborated with that "ishowspeed" dickhead who knows fuck all about football but gets them VIEWS and CLICKS!

There are plenty of people out there with a credible opinion, thousands of ex players who can offer insight as to what it's like at a top club - but they're all cast aside in favour of who can shout the loudest and generate the most attention. It's a reflection of real life really

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: April 8, 2024, 12:50:07 pm »
"It's Liverpool vs Manchester United, it's a top of the table clash and we go live to our commentators at Anfield: Peter Drury and @GakpoSZN2k5."

Offline Jwils21

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: April 9, 2024, 03:27:04 pm »
"It's Liverpool vs Manchester United, it's a top of the table clash and we go live to our commentators at Anfield: Peter Drury and @GakpoSZN2k5."

Pre game chat is just a lengthy discussion about a combined XI.
Half time is a wrestling match between Roy Keane and Micah Richards.
Post match, it's all about the discussion. Darwin Poonez didn't score, is he finished? Is Mainoo the best young player in the world? Is it time to admit Garnacho > Salah? And, most importantly, how will those performances affect Fifa ratings?

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #624 on: April 9, 2024, 03:44:36 pm »
Post match, it's all about the discussion. Darwin Poonez didn't score, is he finished? Is Mainoo the best young player in the world? Is it time to admit Garnacho > Salah? And, most importantly, how will those performances affect Fifa ratings?

That's already what they do isn't it?

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #625 on: April 9, 2024, 04:11:51 pm »

"So where do you think Wayne Rooney and Steven Gerrard would fit into these sides?"

"Who?"

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #626 on: April 9, 2024, 06:16:32 pm »
that'd take up about 2 minutes (we all know what answers would be) and the rest of the hour or whatever would be debating what's really important - the best selections for next PL game day's fantasy league.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #627 on: April 10, 2024, 09:29:09 am »
Danny Murphy - youre a bellend, and its not Rafa's fault you clearly weren't good enough to play for Liverpool under him
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #628 on: April 10, 2024, 09:48:17 am »
martin keown says tuchel threw ref under the bus cos he repeated what he told him about the pen what a arsenal tosser
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 12:11:41 pm by mainone »

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #629 on: April 10, 2024, 09:59:29 pm »
Danny Murphy - youre a bellend, and its not Rafa's fault you clearly weren't good enough to play for Liverpool under him

Did you listen to the podcast or have you just seen the click bait title? He said he hated Rafa at the time which is fully understandable because he only ever wanted to play for Liverpool and Rafa told him he wouldnt be playing any games. He said he appreciated the honesty of Rafa and he regretted not sticking around for another year to try and prove Rafa wrong but he loved playing football too much so he left. Also said the decision was rushed because it was 48 hours before the end of the window and he had to make a decision and one he really regrets.

That was nonsense about he wasnt good enough to play for Liverpool under Rafa. Did you see the shite Rafa played in that first season or two? Murphy would have played plenty of games if he hung around. He was excellent technically and tactically. It was Garcia who essentially took his place and murphy was a better player and had a much better LFC career than Garcia.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #630 on: April 10, 2024, 10:45:25 pm »
I didn't need to listen to the podcast. Murphy has had a chip on his shoulder about Rafa for 20 years, it's common knowledge that he's held a grudge all this time, the little Englander baldy twat.

As for the last bit, lets just say I'd much rather watch Luis Garcia play football than Danny Murphy.

He found his level after leaving LFC - and that wasn't in midfield for one of the best teams in Europe for 4 years.

Knobhead of a pundit for many years since retiring too
« Last Edit: April 10, 2024, 10:50:09 pm by Enders »
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #631 on: April 10, 2024, 10:50:19 pm »
Did you listen to the podcast or have you just seen the click bait title? He said he hated Rafa at the time which is fully understandable because he only ever wanted to play for Liverpool and Rafa told him he wouldnt be playing any games. He said he appreciated the honesty of Rafa and he regretted not sticking around for another year to try and prove Rafa wrong but he loved playing football too much so he left. Also said the decision was rushed because it was 48 hours before the end of the window and he had to make a decision and one he really regrets.

That was nonsense about he wasnt good enough to play for Liverpool under Rafa. Did you see the shite Rafa played in that first season or two? Murphy would have played plenty of games if he hung around. He was excellent technically and tactically. It was Garcia who essentially took his place and murphy was a better player and had a much better LFC career than Garcia.
Now that's an interesting take! I'm in no position to disagree with you but I've never seen a Liverpool fan say that before. I'm sure the huge part he played in 2005 colors any unbiased assessment of Garcia's ability as a player.
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: April 10, 2024, 11:23:14 pm »
Murphy's a little gobshite with an enormous anti-Liverpool chip on his shoulder.  and he was at best a mediocre player.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #633 on: April 10, 2024, 11:45:18 pm »
Now that's an interesting take! I'm in no position to disagree with you but I've never seen a Liverpool fan say that before. I'm sure the huge part he played in 2005 colors any unbiased assessment of Garcia's ability as a player.

There's a fair chance the reason for that is that it's utter bollocks  ;D

A few winners at Old Trafford and not much impact elsewhere.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #634 on: April 11, 2024, 08:57:20 am »
Henry Winter posting on X that he has been made redundant..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: April 11, 2024, 09:03:34 am »

Hello Mr D Murphy! :wave

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #636 on: April 11, 2024, 09:32:35 am »

You won't hear it because its a load of bollocks ;D

He had a great touch, skillful and could score some screamers, he also was a battler. One of my favourite memories of him was v Everton. They'd kicked the shit out of us, we'd used all 3 subs, then they injured him and he refused to go off, stayed on just to be a pain in the arse. First time I saw him control a cross field ball that Alonso absolutely twatted at him, killed it stone dead, then fucked off on a mazy run, you knew he was talented.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: April 11, 2024, 09:48:40 am »
Henry Winter posting on X that he has been made redundant..

Unkind souls would suggest he's been redundant for years.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #638 on: April 11, 2024, 09:54:08 am »
Unkind souls would suggest he's been redundant for years.

I’ll be sure to tell my father-in-law. Think I mentioned this before but he met him at some charity dinner once and ever since sings his praises and keeps showing his articles to my son like his word is gospel. He was even spouting careers advice to him last week saying he should get into football writing (like there’s not a million other kids who don’t know what they want to do who wouldn’t want to work in football). I thought at the time that I doubt print journalism is much of a long term job in this age, but didn’t think it would come round so quickly!

He’s probably alright, there’s worse journos out there. Someone pointed out that Samuel writes for the Times too (didn’t know that), and imagine keeping him on instead.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: April 11, 2024, 10:39:20 am »
I’ll be sure to tell my father-in-law. Think I mentioned this before but he met him at some charity dinner once and ever since sings his praises and keeps showing his articles to my son like his word is gospel. He was even spouting careers advice to him last week saying he should get into football writing (like there’s not a million other kids who don’t know what they want to do who wouldn’t want to work in football). I thought at the time that I doubt print journalism is much of a long term job in this age, but didn’t think it would come round so quickly!

He’s probably alright, there’s worse journos out there. Someone pointed out that Samuel writes for the Times too (didn’t know that), and imagine keeping him on instead.

Its probably that desperate dan clean cut look that Samuels has thats saved him.