Author Topic: FIFA 19  (Read 12643 times)

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA 19
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2018, 09:34:41 am »
For someone who really only plays career mode and who’s last FIFA was 17 would people recommend getting this?

Am tempted to get it over Christmas as fancy starting a new career but have heard mixed things? It’s not like I don’t have plenty of other games to get stuck into but FIFA is great for the odd match or two without needing to play for hours!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: December 20, 2018, 02:19:50 pm »
It’s better than 17 however the same ‘fifa bullshit’ is still there.

If you can pick it up cheap then it’s worth a go.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: December 20, 2018, 03:16:54 pm »
You only need to look as far as the page count on here to see how bad the game is these days. We were seeing 100+ page threads every year in the golden era of 08-12, and then separate threads for FUT and Pro Clubs.

Game is an absolute shambles. Near post corner and timed finesse shot 19. I'd not touched H2H in months until this last week or so.

December 1st was the start of VBL, which is a competition just for German residents in which you play 90 games online in month, then qualify for a live event.

I won my first 18 games and then came up against the only other guy with a perfect record in the top 100 - except he was 70-0. He made the last 16 of the last FUT live event, losing to the eventual winner. So, supposedly a really top tier pro player.

Honestly, the guy's gameplay was so underwhelming. I scored 3 by playing him off the park and tearing him open, and he scored 2 from (his only 2) corners, and 2 from finesse shots straight from kick off.

One of the absolute top players on the world stage, completely out on his own in the VBL, only winning because he knows how to abuse a corner mechanic and has mastered timing pressing B twice in a row.

It's not even like I am a top tier player - I'm soundly beaten by players no where near as successful as him all the time. Yet, he looked a level below me in every aspect of the game outside set pieces and finesse shots. Laughable that somebody so average can be so successful by mastering a couple of game mechanics.

There's no thought or innovation needed. It's clearly not a game for football enthusiasts any more, rather a game for gamers - and a really bad one at that.

You are spot on.

I watch the top tier players being paid money, and its just a bunch of exploiters who can double tap B with a 98 rated Pele... If I play a draft then I usually win it, because we all have elite, cherry picked squads .

Put me in seasons with these fellas and have it Juventus v Juventus and I'd be shocked if I didn't win 70% of my games against the so called best players in the world.

Theres that Tekkz kid who'd absolutely smoke me in all fairness, but other than that? I honestly don't see any of them as great.

Played against much better players on YFL back in the day. ;)

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: December 20, 2018, 04:55:47 pm »
It’s better than 17 however the same ‘fifa bullshit’ is still there.

If you can pick it up cheap then it’s worth a go.

Cheers, will see if any decent deals pop up over Christmas!

Offline GucciMane

• Anny Roader
« Reply #124 on: December 27, 2018, 06:30:15 pm »
Clubs?

I have no mic where did mackka go? Lol
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 06:32:02 pm by GucciMane »

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: December 27, 2018, 07:06:44 pm »
Are there still unassisted manual control options in FIFA?
Last one I played was I think FIFA 14, but from 09 to 14 I enjoyed playing with manual controls, much less spamming and kick-rush hockey football.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: December 27, 2018, 09:27:00 pm »
Are there still unassisted manual control options in FIFA?
Last one I played was I think FIFA 14, but from 09 to 14 I enjoyed playing with manual controls, much less spamming and kick-rush hockey football.

Yep, what i’ve used in the past 4-5 FIFAs

Offline Walshy7

• metete un palo por el culo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Its evolution baby
« Reply #127 on: January 17, 2019, 03:53:05 am »
This is so bad this year, clunky and slow gameplay, awful
'You two scousers are always yappin, im gonna teach you some serious rappin, i come from Jamaica my name is john barnes, and when i do my thing the crowd go bananas'

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: January 17, 2019, 12:29:10 pm »
I’ve actually been enjoying the career mode so far, which is really the only bit I play.

I find that by tweaking the game settings for things like player speed, marking, goal keepers etc you can get it playing a good game of football that’s fun but can also be a challenge.

Things like the way fullbacks get forward make a big difference to the attacking style of your team.

Offline kj999

• 180 + 90 = ...............er..............hang on................ oh yeah 180........ :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Maths Mug!
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2019, 05:49:19 pm »
This is so bad this year, clunky and slow gameplay, awful

fucking shite aint it. Not a realistic game of football at all.
Clarity of Thought before Rashness of Action...

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: January 26, 2019, 06:56:53 pm »
Well it seems like that old difficulty has left with feeling pretty empty. I basically batter the AI, unfortunately you can't score on legendary unless you are 1 on 1 with a keeper because you get every shot blocked, it's really a shame as I like most other aspects to it. I've tried tweaking the sliders but even taking marking down a notch and such turns it into amateur levels

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: January 27, 2019, 05:01:30 pm »
I only play career mode (highest difficulty) and think this is a really bad game. Defending is a joke, it's virtually impossible to keep a clean sheet. You can defend as well as you like, but you just know that at some point, no matter what you do, some 75-rated player is gonna pull off an outrageous volley from a tight angle which will fly past your keeper, or Van Dijk is just gonna stand there and not even contest an aerial ball, which will be headed in with ease. I don't mind conceding goals when I can see that it's my fault, but when the game is clearly scripted to give the AI a goal? Fuck that.

As for attacking, it's too easy to score goals. Long range shooting is well overpowered, even changing the sliders. It ends up with games always ending 4-2 and 5-3. It's not realistic and not that fun.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #132 on: February 3, 2019, 12:42:51 pm »
I’d echo most of the criticisms of the game in here in regards to gameplay against the computer.

One other thing that cares mention is how horribly broken the career mode is in general. As soon as you introduce a youth academy into the game, it gets broken, with issues like training a player to a certain point stops their physical attributes improving, players refusing all loan offers and transfers.

Crap teams produce world class youngsters (not the issue in and of itself) which they sell for a massive  amount, which enables them the funds to bid for your best players, which your board sell from underneath you. No choice in the matter.

Further to this, when you start career mode, some of your best players will have underwhelming and unrealistic release clauses, meaning you can lose them if you don’t check for them in the squad hub. For example, Real Madrid poached Sadio Mane off me for £50m at the start of a LFC career mode. No way to intervene.

There’s work around so for most of these issues. But should there have to be? Should you have to employ a box of your own tricks to get around stupid, immersion ruining quirks of a gameplay mode that should be a staple of the series, but the developers put no thought into because it makes no additional income as per FUT.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online frag

• ile
  • Legacy Fan
  • We’ve been to...
« Reply #133 on: February 15, 2019, 08:54:47 pm »
Does anyone find that when playing the CPU that they just starting pulling ridiculous first time pass routines. Just seen Huddersfield string together like 15/20 first time passes including backheels and taking the ball from their box to mine. Can’t find a way to stop it

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #134 on: February 19, 2019, 06:06:48 pm »
Does anyone find that when playing the CPU that they just starting pulling ridiculous first time pass routines. Just seen Huddersfield string together like 15/20 first time passes including backheels and taking the ball from their box to mine. Can’t find a way to stop it
I feel like the developers are non-plussed  as to how to combine the game being realistic alongside it working well at higher difficulty levels. I too have seen the above happen, too many times to mention. I’ve a career mode going with a league two side and the way some of these teams can just become Brazil 1970 to escape a press.

I don’t know what the answer is. Of course we want realism but I appreciate there needs to be a certain zip to things given the games are only 10 minutes long give or take. On the highest difficult, FIFA Ultimate or whatever it’s called, the game is genuinely broken. You will, as mentioned before in here, batter the opposition with 15+ shots and 10+ keeper saves, then they’ll knick it with a screamer fat beyond the skill level of the scorer in the 90th minute.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Mactavish

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #135 on: March 18, 2019, 09:14:36 pm »
Online on PS4 if anyone wants an easy as fuck win. DM user etc

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2019, 12:20:23 am »
Didn't know where else to post this, Tekkz won the 1st ePL title for Liverpool on FIFA 19, been watching him play for quite a while! Dudes a freakin' animal!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #137 on: March 31, 2019, 12:12:33 am »
Didn't know where else to post this, Tekkz won the 1st ePL title for Liverpool on FIFA 19, been watching him play for quite a while! Dudes a freakin' animal!

I randomly saw the last five minutes of this. Not for me, but good for him.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 7, 2019, 01:34:22 am »
I randomly saw the last five minutes of this. Not for me, but good for him.
Each to their own, know plenty of people who cant comprehend the idea of watching other people play video games!
I for one love the idea of getting other peoples views and opinions so enjoy it quite a lot, don't tend to watch much competitive gaming though but will occasionally watch the odd Fifa tourney.
As I said, Tekkz stood out to me, someone who just played for fun how they wanted to instead of abusing the mechanics and doing so well! Good to see he's a red too!

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 9, 2019, 12:14:20 pm »
Every time I watch the pro's, it just reminds me of how poor the game is. Year after year it is getting further away from resembling an actual football match.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #140 on: April 9, 2019, 01:40:06 pm »
You only need to look as far as the page count on here to see how bad the game is these days. We were seeing 100+ page threads every year in the golden era of 08-12, and then separate threads for FUT and Pro Clubs.

Game is an absolute shambles. Near post corner and timed finesse shot 19. I'd not touched H2H in months until this last week or so.

December 1st was the start of VBL, which is a competition just for German residents in which you play 90 games online in month, then qualify for a live event.

I won my first 18 games and then came up against the only other guy with a perfect record in the top 100 - except he was 70-0. He made the last 16 of the last FUT live event, losing to the eventual winner. So, supposedly a really top tier pro player.

Honestly, the guy's gameplay was so underwhelming. I scored 3 by playing him off the park and tearing him open, and he scored 2 from (his only 2) corners, and 2 from finesse shots straight from kick off.

One of the absolute top players on the world stage, completely out on his own in the VBL, only winning because he knows how to abuse a corner mechanic and has mastered timing pressing B twice in a row.

It's not even like I am a top tier player - I'm soundly beaten by players no where near as successful as him all the time. Yet, he looked a level below me in every aspect of the game outside set pieces and finesse shots. Laughable that somebody so average can be so successful by mastering a couple of game mechanics.

There's no thought or innovation needed. It's clearly not a game for football enthusiasts any more, rather a game for gamers - and a really bad one at that.

This post absolutely smashes it. They have essentially looked at the demographic/age range that spends the most money on not only the game but the ad-ons and they have worked out that targeting the kids is where the best returns are. Those who make apps also have figured that one out. This has led to an appalling series of Fifas, it has become such a shit game, for me the peak was Fifa 13, absolutely superb game. Shame really but I have not bought one in years.
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018