Author Topic: The Nintendo Wii U thread  (Read 27220 times)

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
Re: The Nintendo Wii U thread
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2012, 05:53:06 pm »
Just been having a little go on Mario. Looks lovely in HD like but all the game pad is used for is for you or a friend to draw extra platforms on (in the short play I had anyway).

Played Arkham City too, it's quite cool having the map on the pad and using it for detective vision, but it's still an old game with some new features at the end of the day.

The pad is bigger than I'd imagined too but is quite comfortable in the hand.

Still probably won't be getting one though

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #81 on: October 14, 2012, 09:34:14 am »
Did you get to try out the gamepad only mode on Mario? I was wondering how quickly the thing swaps from TV to displaying on the little screen only. Also did you see any other games at all?

I've played a lot of DS + 3DS games and the dual screen really appeals to me on the console.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #82 on: October 14, 2012, 10:11:42 am »
I didn't sorry, the people on the booth seemed set on you playing it the way they wanted you to sadly.

The game show is on again today in Manchester if you can get there to try it out though

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2012, 10:12:06 am »
Ah missed it. Looks like they're touring the UK doing demos.

If anyones interested here's the dates:

Westfield, Derby: 18th - 21st October

MCM Expo, London: 26th - 28th October

Highcross Shopping Centre, Leicester: 1st - 4th November

The Bullring, Birmingham: 8th - 11th November

Westfield Stratford City, London: 15th - 18th November

Metro Centre, Newcastle: 22nd - 25th November

Gadget Show Christmas, London: 30th November - 2nd December

Westfield, London: 6th - 9th December

Centre: MK, Milton Keynes: 13th - 16th December

Arndale Centre, Manchester: 3rd - 6th January

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #84 on: November 19, 2012, 11:51:25 am »
Anyone got one yet? It launched in the US yesterday.

Here's a side by side comparison on Black Ops 2.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bZO33bCFwks?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bZO33bCFwks?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2012, 11:13:27 am »
But the PS3 visuals are much different to 360 and PC.  What version are they showing in the PS3/360/PC video?

I would guess the PS3 which is the lowest, because Treyarch cannot be arsed with that platform.  This is obviously a pro Wii U video

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The Nintendo Wii U thread
« Reply #86 on: November 21, 2012, 01:00:24 pm »
Walshy your right. They've taken the worse version and classed it as covering multiple platforms. There's usually not too much wrong with this however COD is and has always been worse on ps3 visually.

Why are they comparing visuals to 7 year hardware anyway? When PS4 and the next xbox come around i'll be sure to compare it to the original Wii.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #87 on: November 21, 2012, 01:25:53 pm »
Yeh it's the PS3 version. If Treyarch can't be arsed with the PS3 version they probably can't be arsed with the Wii U version either, but it still looks better.

Upinsmoke they're comparing it because the next load of consoles aren't out yet so what else should they compare it to?

Remember how COD looked on the 360 when it first came out, it was crappy compared to now. Give them a while to get used to programming for the WiiU and they'll be able to do even better graphics.

The point is, the WiiU is good enough to do these sort of things straight out of the box running two screens, even with the developers having to port most of the game over using a less powerful SDK than the final WiiU specs.

Also it's confirmed that Wii games are upscaled on WiiU. I doubt the next Xbox/Playstation will even have backwards compatibility seeing as they don't even have it in the current gen (or in Sony's case, removed it).

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #88 on: November 21, 2012, 01:36:23 pm »
Also you can use the Wiimote/Nunchuck controls for Black Ops2 - which is closer to a mouse/keyboard set up.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/CzbtMcpQN24?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/CzbtMcpQN24?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

You can even use it on the loo using the built in sensor bar on the gamepad - http://youtu.be/AMZbXRK66pg

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #89 on: November 21, 2012, 02:10:12 pm »
Think you're the only one who wants a wii u mate ;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: November 21, 2012, 02:26:07 pm »

I'd love one too. Mario is great whatever console he's on.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2012, 10:46:41 pm »

haha :D I was wondering that. Almost like I was in here talking to myself.

I'd love one too. Mario is great whatever console he's on.

That's more like it  :thumbup

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: November 23, 2012, 07:27:20 pm »
haha :D I was wondering that. Almost like I was in here talking to myself.

That's more like it  :thumbup

I've been out of the thread for a while. Fear not, I'm getting one.  Looking forward to it.

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Credulity is not a virtue
« Reply #93 on: November 23, 2012, 08:28:31 pm »
Couple of questions regarding this:

1) How long is the battery life on the GamePad & can you turn the screen off to save battery time?

2) Is it true that certain games only support certain controllers? I'd like to think that you'd be able to use either the GamePad or the Pro Controller for everything and sack off those fucking useless wiimotes. If this isn't the case for all but the wiimote only games then I'm not buying. Especially if the battery life on the GamePad isn't great, I'd like to just swap to a pro controller as and when needed for everything (if not just start with one).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 08:30:27 pm by Golden_Child »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 23, 2012, 10:35:08 pm »
this may be a shock to everyonr but i think it looks shite and the launch line up is terrible ;D

don't all be shocked at once
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Mr Kipling

• Manhattanite
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Dream of Kloppifornication"
« Reply #95 on: November 24, 2012, 01:28:10 am »
I read somewhere that in Europe, the Wii U doesn't come with a motion sensor, it has to be bought separately.

That has to be nonsense

Offline Golden_Child

• I...I...I...Iwanttheknife......oh, serious mode? Okay. Ommmm. Give me the kniiiiiife. Ommmm. Pleeeaaaase!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: November 24, 2012, 01:57:14 am »
this may be a shock to everyonr but i think it looks shite and the launch line up is terrible ;D

don't all be shocked at once

Not a shock to me.

To be honest, I thought the wii was a pile of shit. This was shown to be pretty much right by the past 3 years. I knew the wiiU wouldn't be a powerhouse going forward but hoped it would at least stake a claim to be my 3rd gaming machine (after ps3 & pc for footy manager and the witcher 2 etc).

It looks promising but from what I've heard so far there are so many barriers for entry that just don't exist on other machines. My previous post was meant to remedy those fears but I've listened to numerous podcasts who have made it sound worse.

3 separate accounts for wii, 3ds and wiiU users with no way of transferring funds or even purchases between them? WTF?

Come on Nintendo, I know you've got mario, zelda and bayonetta but at least try to catch up properly. They seem to have sorted their online shenanigans somewhat but I can't help thinking that the massive oversights in their online network will leave Sony and Microsoft to battle it out in the competitive gamers arena.

So far I see wiiU becoming the next wii, only with less sales. A casual machine for casual and sometimes proper gamers.

I'm sure there will be great games on wiiU that won't be on any other platform but lets be fair, the wii sold shitloads of units based on wii sports. After that the software sales were pitiful for the most part (first party games excepted).

I will probably get one when it is cheap as chips. It will still be my third or even fourth machine if I ever get over my hatred of Microsoft.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: November 25, 2012, 07:48:15 am »
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-wii-u-face-off

The Wii U actually performs worse than the ps3 and far worse than the 360 on the latest COD. Visually it looks better but in terms of how it plays, well it's the worst of the lot.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #98 on: November 26, 2012, 09:09:40 am »
That's disappointing but not unexpected with ports done so quickly.

Anyway, 4 days to go

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #99 on: November 27, 2012, 09:12:49 am »
I'm going to buy one of the 8gb ones, so that once i've done the update when you switch it on, i've only got 3gb of space left! Yaaaaaayyy.

Gamepad only lasts for 3.5 hours apparantly and you can only charge it with a wall socket.

If your power cuts out when doing the initial 5 gb update, there's a masive chance it will brick your console. It's ok though, because due to the servers being so rubbishin some people have been taking several hours to get their update.

The triggers on the gamepad aren't sensitive, they're just buttons. Ie on or off. Not squeeze controlled, just on or off (apparantly)

As has been mentioned, the accounts system is appaling, as is (apparantly) the length of time it takes to do anything, like accessing the miiverserve etc.

The list of pure, laughably bad that i've been reading is pretty long, and i was thinking of getting one. Not now though.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #100 on: November 27, 2012, 11:01:54 am »
I'm going to buy one of the 8gb ones, so that once i've done the update when you switch it on, i've only got 3gb of space left! Yaaaaaayyy.

If you're buying discs you don't need any more space than that. If you're planning on buying lots of digital content why aren't you getting the one with the bigger harddrive that has a money back reward scheme on digital purchases?

They didn't include massive storage because HD/usb drives are super cheap nowadays. The cheapest Xbox comes with only 4gb of space. Cheapest PS3 only 12gb.

Gamepad only lasts for 3.5 hours apparantly and you can only charge it with a wall socket.

Yeh but how often do you play something for almost 4 hours straight? It also comes with a power chord that's like 8 ft long. Not exactly a big deal.

If your power cuts out when doing the initial 5 gb update, there's a masive chance it will brick your console. It's ok though, because due to the servers being so rubbishin some people have been taking several hours to get their update.

I'm not sure why you're surprised at this - it happens with almost any type of consumer electronics - if you power off something doing a firmware update it will brick the device. Slow speed over the network when hundreds of thousands of people are all trying to update and download is to be expected.

Not as if the PSN is super speedy - it takes me half an hour updating the system on there and that's like every week or two.

The update is actually only just over a GB, here's a screenshot from NGamer magazine halfway through the update - it was stated before the launch that Wii U uses around 4.2GB when using the system for the first time. Everyone knew this but somehow it's been morphed into a 5gb update when that's a load of shite.

The triggers on the gamepad aren't sensitive, they're just buttons. Ie on or off. Not squeeze controlled, just on or off (apparantly)

Makes very little difference. The PC doesn't have analogue controls either and yet it's still considered the best platform for FPS games. Yes it's not great for driving games I'll give you that.

As has been mentioned, the accounts system is appaling, as is (apparantly) the length of time it takes to do anything, like accessing the miiverserve etc.

The list of pure, laughably bad that i've been reading is pretty long, and i was thinking of getting one. Not now though.

The accounts system isn't appalling, there's just lots of people crying that it's tied to the system and they can't go around to their mates and download their games on their friends console. You can still create 12 user accounts per machine.

PSN won't let you play some games you've paid for if you're offline, you have to pay a subscription for Xbox Live, etc. They all have their drawbacks. Sony and Microsoft both pulled backwards compatibility - they took away features, PS3 used to be able to run Linux until they removed that too.

The operating system seems really slow at the moment but the console has just released - it'll be patched and get quicker. PS3 didn't have accounts for the first few weeks after launch. It took Microsoft almost a year to patch in 1080p support for the 360.

It's been so long since they launched those 2 systems I'm thinking you've forgotten they were no where near where they are now just in terms of the OS.

Doesn't sound like you were really interested in getting one at all to me.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 11:04:19 am by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101 on: November 27, 2012, 04:06:04 pm »
the wii was shite technically but gameplay wise i beleive its streets ahead of other consoles. as is normal with dying consoles tho the game releases dwindled and also became somewhat child orientated.

the wiiu takes hardcore gamers back with some pretty decent releases at launch, given that its very slightly better than current gen consoles im sure developers will take an interest in the platform, support will get better and better in that respect.

id love one but the price point is a pretty bad call from nintendo, may make or break the device.

aside from all that, all i care about is whether you can hack it for homebrew use, this extended the life of wii by a good couple of years. if wiiu is like ps3 or xbox and bans hackers, will further reduce interest from many people.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #102 on: November 28, 2012, 01:15:22 am »
There are 12GB PS3s? That's fucking shite. And it's not a matter of having digital games, it's the game updates.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 01:18:03 am by Immortal King Brian Blessed »
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2012, 09:03:47 am »
There are 12GB PS3s? That's fucking shite. And it's not a matter of having digital games, it's the game updates.

Updates are pretty small so far with Nintendoland the biggest:

Nintendoland 221MB
ZombiU 18MB
NSMBU 29MB

The video streaming apps are about 30-40mb.

The console works with any usb memory stick, powered external drive, or unpowered one using a Y-splitter on the two USB ports. You can also use SD cards. A 32GB USB memory stick costs a tenner... a 250gb HD costs £30ish. In comparison an xbox 20gb HD is £45 and you have no choice but to buy official. If they increased the storage space they'd have to put the price of the console up and seeing as not everyone needs hundreds of gb in their console they're letting the consumer decide. I wouldn't be surprised if the other new consoles didn't have a similar option (the ps3 already does).

Nintendo have announced their Tvii service that was going to be exclusive to North America/Japan is now coming to Europe next year (made by the maker of the most downloaded tv guide app in the apple store).

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 28, 2012, 09:16:19 am »
the wii was shite technically but gameplay wise i beleive its streets ahead of other consoles.

I have to say, it's probably an unpopular opinion but I thought Pro Evo on the Wii was the best football game I've ever played. The way you could drag people into position and stuff with the pointer. A few tweaks and it could be even better.

I just love Nintendo's attitude - not sure if I do enough to actually shell out for a Wii U, but I'm certainly keeping an open mind. I recently got passed a second hand 3DS and it reminded me what simple joys they provide.

I agree about the storage space thing as well - on my 250gb Xbox, I've 163gb free still, and I've never deleted anything, there's tons of shite on there. If you can expand storage using USB sticks then it's not a problem really, is it?
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2012, 09:53:12 am »

You can just buy a cheap HDD and put it in. Suppose its handy if you just play COD, if you play MGS and the like though you'll be lucky to get 2-3 games installed if there done mandatory aside from any patches. MGS and GT take up about 5 gig each.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2012, 02:39:39 pm »

Actually I really was looking forward to getting one. Hopefully someone i know will get one so I can be persuaded.

So there's going to be both Monster hunter Ultimate and Dragon Quest X on this is there. Fucks sake, i've got to buy one for the missus now! (even though I will play them despite saying I won't...)

Monster Hunter is literally one of the best ever games made. The missus racked up over 400 hours on one character, I managed 250 odd hours as well, because the online for tri was so amazingly awesome (best ever online bar none. No game even comes close to as good)

For the price of the WiiU alone it might be worth it if Ultimate is going to be super boss. But i'm not convinced at all from what i've seen for the WiiU. Kinda the same with Dragon Quest X. Can't really describe how much i've been looking forward to it. Those 2 games and Gta V are the only games i'm actually interested in at all for the forseeable future (bar that Studio Gibli one...)

So trust me when i say I really was looking forward to the release. But the more I see, the less I like it. I'm hoping that something comes along to change my mind, but i'll have to wait until the reviews for Ultimate are out to see if the WiiU will be worth it.

edit: oh and as you might realise some gaming sessions in my house will go a lot, lot longer than 3.5 hours. Especially on a bad hangover sunday ;)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 02:44:07 pm by Red_Isle_Chap »
Gratitude

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2012, 03:26:40 pm »
Sorry if I got a bit defensive ;) It's just those problems seem minor to me but I understand lots of people aren't interested, especially with the price, I guess I was lucky to preorder before they hiked it up and I'm optimistic that firmware updates will solve the teething problems.

Monster Hunter Ultimate looks good but I've never played the series. Do you have a 3DS? They're doing a cross platform thing where you can save your game and carry on with the other console. I'm not sure why I've never played one before (Dragon Quest too), it looks like my type of game, apparently comes out in March:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wkQGEpRgL0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9wkQGEpRgL0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Nyko have already started making a battery pack to extend the life of the controller:

Maybe Nintendo will do the same eventually.

Edit: LoveFilm app confirmed already available at launch.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 03:32:10 pm by Uhoh AureliOs »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2012, 03:40:25 pm »
Sorry if I got a bit defensive ;) It's just those problems seem minor to me but I understand lots of people aren't interested, especially with the price, I guess I was lucky to preorder before they hiked it up and I'm optimistic that firmware updates will solve the teething problems.

Monster Hunter Ultimate looks good but I've never played the series. Do you have a 3DS? They're doing a cross platform thing where you can save your game and carry on with the other console. I'm not sure why I've never played one before (Dragon Quest too), it looks like my type of game, apparently comes out in March:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9wkQGEpRgL0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9wkQGEpRgL0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_GB</a>

Nyko have already started making a battery pack to extend the life of the controller:

Maybe Nintendo will do the same eventually.

Edit: LoveFilm app confirmed already available at launch.
;D It's alright, i get defensive over things i like as well, most of us do!

Hows the weight of the controller. I've read a lot of reports that it's a bit of a brick to hold?

I'd never played a monster hunter before Tri, then i did and i'd lost so much of my life. Battles with monsters can take a long time, especially when things go wrong. You're looking at some quests taking over half an hour online with the other people. You create a room, get 3 other people (utterly random) join you, usually all at different levels and off you go. One of the things that i adore about it is, as a lowly level 31, i had people at level 70+ who were just helping out because they wanted too. I've never experienced online co-op that's that good natured before. You got the odd gimp who'd fuck things up, but 99% of the time everyone was ace, even with language barriers.

Ahem.....sorry. I could go on for hours and hours about the game, hence why i'd really like the new Ultimate as it's 50% more than tri with better graphics, etc.
Gratitude

Offline Golden_Child

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: November 29, 2012, 12:55:08 am »
If you're buying discs you don't need any more space than that. If you're planning on buying lots of digital content why aren't you getting the one with the bigger harddrive that has a money back reward scheme on digital purchases?

The bigger hard drive is 32gb right? Thats hardly massive when a 320gb PS3 is the same price or cheaper.

They didn't include massive storage because HD/usb drives are super cheap nowadays. The cheapest Xbox comes with only 4gb of space. Cheapest PS3 only 12gb.

They are clearly cheapo options released near the end of the machines lifespan to grab a few casual gamers. You can't even play battlefield 3 properly with the 4gb Xbox.

Yeh but how often do you play something for almost 4 hours straight? It also comes with a power chord that's like 8 ft long. Not exactly a big deal.

I would wager a lot of people spend 6+ hours on their console in one session over a weekend. Especially those who play a lot of multiplayer games. If another consumer device had a 4 hour battery people wouldn't be happy.

I'm not sure why you're surprised at this - it happens with almost any type of consumer electronics - if you power off something doing a firmware update it will brick the device. Slow speed over the network when hundreds of thousands of people are all trying to update and download is to be expected.

Ps3 doesn't brick if an update isn't downloaded properly. If it was installing then it's a different matter. Xbox is the same. As are pc driver updates.

Not as if the PSN is super speedy - it takes me half an hour updating the system on there and that's like every week or two.

Valid point but with less consequence

The update is actually only just over a GB, here's a screenshot from NGamer magazine halfway through the update - it was stated before the launch that Wii U uses around 4.2GB when using the system for the first time. Everyone knew this but somehow it's been morphed into a 5gb update when that's a load of shite.

On an 8gb machine 1gb makes a lot of difference. The built in storage is laughably small.

Makes very little difference. The PC doesn't have analogue controls either and yet it's still considered the best platform for FPS games. Yes it's not great for driving games I'll give you that.

It's still a simple oversight on their part

The accounts system isn't appalling, there's just lots of people crying that it's tied to the system and they can't go around to their mates and download their games on their friends console. You can still create 12 user accounts per machine.

Still doesn't account for the fact that if you have a wii, ds/3ds and a wii u you have 3 separate, non transferable accounts that are not linked. Funds can't be transferred between them. That's fucking stupid.

PSN won't let you play some games you've paid for if you're offline, you have to pay a subscription for Xbox Live, etc. They all have their drawbacks. Sony and Microsoft both pulled backwards compatibility - they took away features, PS3 used to be able to run Linux until they removed that too.

What games can you not play offline on PSN that aren't multiplayer only? Genuine question. As for Linux, they removed as hardly anyone was using it and it also provided an opportunity for hacking the machine.

The operating system seems really slow at the moment but the console has just released - it'll be patched and get quicker. PS3 didn't have accounts for the first few weeks after launch. It took Microsoft almost a year to patch in 1080p support for the 360.

It's been so long since they launched those 2 systems I'm thinking you've forgotten they were no where near where they are now just in terms of the OS.

Xbox 360 has been out for 7 years. PS3 around 6. Nintendo have no excuses for not matching up to consoles that are over half a decade old in terms of their operating system.

I was and still am but they seem to be doing everything in their power to change that. I know you werent quoting me but id like to hear from a pro-wii u person on these issues  :)
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:00:14 am by Golden_Child »

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 29, 2012, 05:42:42 pm »

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 29, 2012, 06:40:33 pm »
Makes very little difference. The PC doesn't have analogue controls either

This post was spectacular. Are you familiar with a device known as a mouse?
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 30, 2012, 12:24:19 am »

old smiff trying to score again.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #113 on: November 30, 2012, 10:55:19 am »
Today it's out isn't it?

Anyone got one?

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: November 30, 2012, 05:18:59 pm »
old smiff trying to score again.

does it make you hot for me?
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 1, 2012, 01:53:02 am »
does it make you hot for me?
stupid sexy smiff.

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #116 on: December 1, 2012, 01:09:20 pm »

Did you read the post I was replying to? I was talking purely about the buttons not aiming.

The HD stuff is irrelevant really, I've already answered it. If you need storage, buy it - it keeps the cost of the console lower than it would be otherwise. There isn't even 320GB of stuff available to download even if you bought everything available. Those consoles didn't launch with that much HD space.

Again the battery is not a problem because you've got a massive recharge cable - or you can buy a battery pack.

The WiiU doesn't brick if interrupted when downloading - just installing firmware, again like every single consumer electronic firmware update.

Nintendo points vouchers work with any of their stores, just you can't spend them across devices. Big deal. Which of those consoles do you own? When was the last time you bought something from their eshop?

You can't play some digital download games from PSN offline due to people downloading them on their friends consoles. NBA 2K13 for example

Expecting a brand new OS to match the consoles that have had 7 years+ work on them is just stupid - look at how 360/PS3 were when they came out - why didn't they run as smoothly as the PS2/Xbox software... It's a stupid comparison. You'll see when the other 2 consoles come out, they'll be buggy too.

All this stuff is minor, and will probably get fixed with updates/new funtionality, if you actually played the system you'd realise that - maybe it'd be best if you tried it out somewhere. I'm not saying it's perfect, the loading times on the menus are rubbish at the moment but it more than makes up for it when you get playing. I've also had the console freeze a couple of times.

The download on Thursday took me about an hour and a half, and disconnected almost a dozen times. However downloading NintendoLand last night was quick and smooth, 3gb in 40mins or so (that's my connection limiting speed there unlike the update). Same for Trine 2.

Today it's out isn't it?

Anyone got one?

Yeh Amazon delivered mine on Thursday :D I missed the £200 preorder on the deluxe but got it at £255 before it shot up to £300. Then it turns out my copy of Nintendo Land wasn't in the box so I complained to Amazon and they gave me £40 back. Then yesterday Amazon sent out a mass email to anyone ordering a deluxe with a free download code for Nintendo Land so even better. :)

It's so much fun. ZombiU is amazing, if you're at all interested in survival horror like classic RE before they turned it into another FPS then it's worth getting one just to play that. All the people saying it's Demon's Souls crossed with RE were right.

Haven't tried much NintendoLand yet, but the Zelda theme music on the one attraction is so beautiful I could listen to it forever.

One of the best things about it is the Miiverse/Warawara Plaza. When you start up the console you see a selection of games and all the Miis that are playing them grouped underneath, with your friends walking around in the middle. It really gives you a sense of being part of a community. It's amazing having it built into the games, being able to screenshot during gameplay, post it on Miiverse and then return back to your game. I spent almost an hour doodling on the gamepad yesterday.

There are some really talented people out there - have a look at these:

Loads more here - http://i.imgur.com/U1Pmo.jpg

Offline helmboy_nige

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: December 6, 2012, 09:58:18 am »
Amazon delivered on Thursday last week which was a nice surprise! Premium with NintendoLand and ZombieU.

Not played much due to the evils of work sending my away, but the initial gameplay on ZombieU was awesome.  REally tough game, but I like the extra options the new gamepad offers.  I can see that some games may come out and use the kit poorly, but that will depend on the the developers.

Anyway, enjoying it thus far.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #118 on: December 6, 2012, 02:26:41 pm »
Yeh Amazon delivered mine on Thursday :D I missed the £200 preorder on the deluxe but got it at £255 before it shot up to £300. Then it turns out my copy of Nintendo Land wasn't in the box so I complained to Amazon and they gave me £40 back. Then yesterday Amazon sent out a mass email to anyone ordering a deluxe with a free download code for Nintendo Land so even better. :)

It's so much fun. ZombiU is amazing, if you're at all interested in survival horror like classic RE before they turned it into another FPS then it's worth getting one just to play that. All the people saying it's Demon's Souls crossed with RE were right.

Haven't tried much NintendoLand yet, but the Zelda theme music on the one attraction is so beautiful I could listen to it forever.

One of the best things about it is the Miiverse/Warawara Plaza. When you start up the console you see a selection of games and all the Miis that are playing them grouped underneath, with your friends walking around in the middle. It really gives you a sense of being part of a community. It's amazing having it built into the games, being able to screenshot during gameplay, post it on Miiverse and then return back to your game. I spent almost an hour doodling on the gamepad yesterday.

Glad you're enjoying it mate. Going to get one eventually, any idea when it might come down in price?

Offline helmboy_nige

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 12, 2012, 08:26:56 pm »
Glad you're enjoying it mate. Going to get one eventually, any idea when it might come down in price?

I'm sure it will come down by middle of next year.

Have to admit, I'm loving zombiu... the pad acts a great dimension and as a game it's very well put together.  A proper survival story that isn't just about loading up with ammo and blasting your way through.

Should be getting Mario Bros for christmas which I'm sure will be a classic.  It's such a key title and the wii version was very well done.