Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
News and Current Affairs / Re: Labour Thread * No Gaza *
« Last post by 9 kemlyn road on Today at 01:24:08 pm »
Yeah, I agree with you, I think other lessons have to be learned about just how dangerous this Tory government are as well. am not going to go deep into the Will of the People/enemy of the people Nazi propaganda tactics to silence all opposition so they had the power to run riot, we all know about it on here, main thing is we never forget what's happened over the last 8yrs or so. this is what took us here in the first place, even now they are calling for us to leave the ECHR, past generations would be horrified with the naivety of the British public today, this seems to be getting ignored by the critics who say Labour are appeasing the far right. theres more to being left and right than Neoliberalism. a decent caring society will never come about when we have politicians taking us into the gutter to win power.
This alone should make people fearful of a Tory government in power.
I want labour to play the tories at their own game .
Remind the public just what they did from 2010 up to the point where they pushed brexit into the nations conscious.
All the policies,like the bedroom tax ,student fees  ,closing down remploy , surestart and the other things which helped people ,cut out of callouse spite all under the guise of austerity .
Cameron and osbourne have had a pretty easy ride considering all the damage they wilfully and gleefully inflicted on the nation so labour need to remind the nation that they were the starting point for the absolute mess we’re in now.
General Football and Sport / Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Last post by disgraced cake on Today at 01:21:42 pm »
Keeping hold of Tuchel is the right thing for them to do IMO. He can make them competitive in the Champions League and bar a Neuer fuck up they were basically at the final which they'd likely have won IMO. The alternatives aren't great and they aren't really a project manager type destination, smartest move they can make right now for another season I reckon
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Last post by GinKop on Today at 01:19:03 pm »
I'm not ready for Sunday  :'(

Came in to post the exact same thing.

Not good with emotions and not sure if I'm even going to be able to bring myself to watch it live.

As another poster mentioned above, the last 9 years of my life have not been good. On so many occasions, my escape was LFC and having him as our leader.

One night in particular that stands out for me was the Roma Champions League semi at Anfield. Was at one of my lowest low points that week and watching that game genuinely gave me life.

Thank you boss.
https://x.com/beinsports_en/status/1790854495804576119?s=46&t=pyZUKRRlbILcnJ0LgYs4gw

Booooooo. "You are the best supporters in the world". 😂😂

One of the strangest things I've seen in recent memory. Surely the Club doesn't let this happen if they're preparing to sack him? I think he stays, too.

It's truly unbelievable they hired such a grim, wooden personality - yet their fans and the Rat were the ones who told the board to hire him, I suppose. They would have rioted if not. He's a laughing stock in the Netherlands too, which makes it all the funnier. They take the piss out of him all the time on their football shows.
He came across as a typical Southern wanker. Pretty harmless but utterly vapid.

The lad from Shropshire wasn’t that bad though.
He still trampled on people to storm the gate and didn’t give a shit about breaking into the stadium so he’s as bad as everyone else involved.

It’s a good job Italy won as otherwise there would have been chaos and potentially deaths by the sound of it, with that baying mob outside ready to lead an offensive.
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by Barneylfc∗ on Today at 01:14:05 pm »
Meh. Exchanged one morally bankrupt city in a desert for another one. Only now the fights are at a watchable time.

Las Vegas is hardly comparable with the human rights atrocities being committed on a daily basis in Saudi Arabia now is it?
General Football and Sport / Re: Boxing thread
« Last post by Barneylfc∗ on Today at 01:12:44 pm »
I was going to suggest Concert Square mate.  ;D

Best thnig to do is go to a mate or if you can order it. If there is one fight you should order on PPV it's the first Undisputed Heavyweight title fight in 25 years.

Don't listen to Samie.

Get IPTV. Fuck paying those Saudi sportswashing c*nts a penny.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by MonsLibpool on Today at 01:12:10 pm »
I more or less agree but think where we were in late March was pretty bloody good. We had a half decent lead on city with them still to come to Anfield. Win at anfield and we could have had a couple of iffy results along the way and still won the title. This squad wasn't up to that, and 3rd is the right level for us, but if we'd been in that place in 2019 or probably 2022 then I think we'd have held them off. In both those years we found ourselves chasing from early/mid march [ballpark]. Basically what I'm saying is if you can't blow them away early [like we did in 19/20] then you just need to keep them at 'arms length' till late march and hope your form holds up, because from the international break onwards they're winning every game.
We have to be beating them. Anything less against them in the run-in is just not good enough.

Beat them at Anfield and the momentum we take from that probably sees us over the line. The only time we beat them while challenging in recent years, we won it.

I remember calling the game at Anfield an "emotional" must-win for that reason because there's a lot riding on it and it's not "just" 3 points.
Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by JHennerley on Today at 01:11:14 pm »
I think you’ve got a good chance to be honest there’s around 250 left.

Fingers crossed, 250 doesn’t seem a lot but at least there’s a chance!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10