Author Topic: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs  (Read 94949 times)

Offline gerrardsarmy

• Wouldn't say no to a spanking
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spurs - First Ten Games 23/24 League Champs
« Reply #1560 on: May 16, 2024, 04:28:38 pm »
What a joke of a football club this lot are.
“I always think that there’s something unpleasant lurking in people who avoid drinking, gambling, table-talk and pretty women. People like that are either sick or secretly hate their fellow-men.”

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1561 on: May 16, 2024, 04:31:06 pm »
Definitely went up in my estimation. Spurs fans i know are all turning against him “we lost 4 in a row, where was his winning attitude then” which is possibly fair but im not having it mate.
One thing that Klopp has always stressed is that to be successful requires unity - players, fans, manager and the suits behind the scenes. The lack of harmony at Spurs is palpable.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1562 on: May 16, 2024, 05:05:23 pm »
He wouldnt talk about the culture “inside and out” “but its ok ill go back to the drawing board “ if he just meant the fans.

He wouldve said “everyone on the inside wants to win”

I don’t doubt some people at Spurs were happy for them to lose. Saying someone at the club told him to throw the game makes it sounds very serious claim and I doubt that was the case.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1563 on: May 16, 2024, 05:13:35 pm »
He wouldnt talk about the culture “inside and out” “but its ok ill go back to the drawing board “ if he just meant the fans.

He wouldve said “everyone on the inside wants to win”

Joke is Mourinho and Conte also complained about the club culture

Offline Dubai_Red

• Can smell nullshit from 4,608 miles away
  • Kopite
« Reply #1564 on: May 17, 2024, 12:54:46 pm »
mt two dirhams worth:

someone inside the club joked that it wouldn't be the worst result if spurs did in fact get beat by city.

also, spurs didn't only throw away top 4 that night, but rather during the course of the last 27 games and similarly it Arsenal didn't lose the title that night, but rather in December.

Either way, cant stand both spurs or arsenal, so worked out well for me so far

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1565 on: May 18, 2024, 02:21:18 pm »
I can understand Spurs supporters low key not being bothered if they didn’t take anything against City. What struck me was how they made it so obvious in the ground. Chants of stopping Arsenal winning the league when their own team are losing right in front of them, and just the general celebratory vibe … I’d be sad if I ever saw that at Anfield. I’ll always remember being very proud that day when we beat Blackburn and nearly handed Man Utd the title. We showed some self respect. Worth way more than cheap banter
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1566 on: May 18, 2024, 03:04:32 pm »
I can understand Spurs supporters low key not being bothered if they didn’t take anything against City. What struck me was how they made it so obvious in the ground. Chants of stopping Arsenal winning the league when their own team are losing right in front of them, and just the general celebratory vibe … I’d be sad if I ever saw that at Anfield. I’ll always remember being very proud that day when we beat Blackburn and nearly handed Man Utd the title. We showed some self respect. Worth way more than cheap banter

Yeh they went over the top “doing the poznan” etc. it’s embarrassing and they wont be able to live it down beyond this season. Its a likely scenario that arsenal could be up there challenging for the title again, does that mean spurs fans will want their team to lose every time they face city over the next few years , these awkward questions will be put to them after they shamed themselves the other day.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1567 on: May 18, 2024, 03:35:16 pm »
Yeh they went over the top “doing the poznan” etc. it’s embarrassing and they wont be able to live it down beyond this season. Its a likely scenario that arsenal could be up there challenging for the title again, does that mean spurs fans will want their team to lose every time they face city over the next few years , these awkward questions will be put to them after they shamed themselves the other day.

They really are going full Everton. When you see a photo of one of their fans grinning while wearing a t-shirt that says “it’s the taking part that counts” before a game against 115, you know they’ve achieved it.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1568 on: May 19, 2024, 06:10:35 pm »
Had Spurs turned up last Tuesday & won, they'd have finished 4th.
#Sausages

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1569 on: May 19, 2024, 06:11:35 pm »

If spurs had put in their best performance they’d probably still have lost.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1570 on: Yesterday at 12:47:19 am »

One of the funniest things of the season.

These are so small time it's insane. I mean, realistically Villa have been on the piss all week and that's why today happened as it did but, forever and a day these will be the fanbase who were shouting at their manager to throw a game when they could still qualify for the Champions League.

And then if they'd won said game they'd have qualified. I genuinely hope Spurs never change. Everton South.

Changed my mind about Ange-Mate since he lost the rag mid week at their small time-ness. Hope he resigns.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1571 on: Yesterday at 08:53:30 am »

Don't really get this line of thinking. The fans may not have wanted to win, but the team absolutely showed up and came very close to drawing. They played well but just lost a team that is better than them.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1572 on: Yesterday at 08:57:28 am »
Don't really get this line of thinking. The fans may not have wanted to win, but the team absolutely showed up and came very close to drawing. They played well but just lost a team that is better than them.

The crowd has a massive influence on the team. Who knows what would have happened if the supporters were behind them. Look at City's record at Spurs's new grond prior to the midweek game.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:15:09 am by spider-neil »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1573 on: Yesterday at 09:00:54 am »

That's presuming Villa go to Palace and put in the same performance.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1574 on: Yesterday at 09:03:22 am »
The crowd has a massive influence on the team. Who knows what would have happened if the team were behind them. Look at City's record at Spurs's new grond prior to the midweek game.

Nail on head - we all know how the crowd can influence a team, hard to play when your own fans are doing the Poznan and others find it funny

That's presuming Villa go to Palace and put in the same performance.

Palace were going to beat them regardless, they've played really well recently and looked more than capable of beating a tired Villa
Jurgen YNWA

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1575 on: Yesterday at 09:17:06 am »
Nail on head - we all know how the crowd can influence a team, hard to play when your own fans are doing the Poznan and others find it funny

Palace were going to beat them regardless, they've played really well recently and looked more than capable of beating a tired Villa

Everyone saw the Palace result coming a mile away. They are currently in fine form that is why Spurs throwing in the towel infuriated Ange because Villa were always going to lose their last game.