Author Topic: The mourning of departed Reds  (Read 21654 times)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
Re: The mourning of departed Reds
« Reply #200 on: January 14, 2024, 05:01:31 am »
After an unintentional absence of 2 years from this thread due to family circumstances, I've now returned and I got the shock of my life because I barely recognise the gaff. My favourite thread always was to be found in The Boozer and especially, the auld arse thread. Quite appropriate of course 'cos I'm an auld arse of 78. But WTF has everyone I used to have great crack with gone to? They surely ALL can't have collectively shuffled off their mortal coils can they?                                                                                                                 Jeez, they say you're certainly getting a lot closer to the end of your own personal road when suddenly you find yourself almost alone in what once not THAT long ago was a very familiar, warm and comfortable place to spend half an hour or so catching up, having a laugh, exchanging footie opinions or even having a bit of a barney about Scouse / Manc footie. So, now I've sounded off more in disappointment than anger, I'd best shut me gob, do one and chance bobbing back in a week or three's time - that is IF I haven't kicked that proverbial bastard bucket in the meanwhile . . . . If you don't hear anything at all again from me, you'll KNOW for sure I've headed off to that big round-up in the sky!! Tarra for now all!!                                                                                                                     
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: January 14, 2024, 11:00:36 am »
After an unintentional absence of 2 years from this thread due to family circumstances, I've now returned and I got the shock of my life because I barely recognise the gaff. My favourite thread always was to be found in The Boozer and especially, the auld arse thread. Quite appropriate of course 'cos I'm an auld arse of 78. But WTF has everyone I used to have great crack with gone to? They surely ALL can't have collectively shuffled off their mortal coils can they?                                                                                                                 Jeez, they say you're certainly getting a lot closer to the end of your own personal road when suddenly you find yourself almost alone in what once not THAT long ago was a very familiar, warm and comfortable place to spend half an hour or so catching up, having a laugh, exchanging footie opinions or even having a bit of a barney about Scouse / Manc footie. So, now I've sounded off more in disappointment than anger, I'd best shut me gob, do one and chance bobbing back in a week or three's time - that is IF I haven't kicked that proverbial bastard bucket in the meanwhile . . . . If you don't hear anything at all again from me, you'll KNOW for sure I've headed off to that big round-up in the sky!! Tarra for now all!!                                                                                                                     

Welcome back Johnno

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: January 14, 2024, 04:12:49 pm »
Hello Johnno!  :wave

Pop into the Boxing thread too.  :wave

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #203 on: January 28, 2024, 09:19:42 am »
Just had a few thoughts about a couple of our lads.  Ewok and Gulley.

Me, Ste and Dotty went back to the dawn of the Net. 

Gulley was amazing.

Warm feeling.

(Not incontinence!)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2024, 01:12:29 am by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2024, 08:18:00 am »
Welcome back Johnno

Hey Johnno lad, good to see a post from you. Used to love reading and occasionally contributing to the Auld Arse thread back in the days when it was popular on here. Shame it's lost it's lustre but welcome back anyway.

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #205 on: January 30, 2024, 12:20:34 am »
Hey Johnno lad, good to see a post from you. Used to love reading and occasionally contributing to the Auld Arse thread back in the days when it was popular on here. Shame it's lost it's lustre but welcome back anyway.

Yeah me too - thanks for the welcome back. So much has changed in such a relatively short space of time. Old mates pop 'em quicker than you're ready for. Suppose that mirrors real life eh? Best we make the most of it then!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #206 on: February 10, 2024, 08:46:15 am »
Rhys Williams, 18 yellow old kid, taken by an awful disease. Lived longer than expected and he planned his own funeral at the age of 13(how shit is that)

Heartbreakingly, he planned his own funeral at just 13-years-old. He told his mum Tanya he was "ready for the butterflies to take him away" and wanted to be cremated alongside his beloved Liverpool FC kit, XBox games and his favourite chocolates.

Good night kopite. YNWA.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #207 on: February 10, 2024, 09:07:21 am »
Rhys Williams, 18 yellow old kid, taken by an awful disease. Lived longer than expected and he planned his own funeral at the age of 13(how shit is that)

Good night kopite. YNWA.

Awful that. RIP Rhys.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: February 10, 2024, 09:56:45 am »
How awful 😟

RIP Rhys.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #209 on: February 10, 2024, 10:10:02 am »
:( Rest easy Rhys
« Last Edit: February 10, 2024, 10:54:43 am by Red_Mist »

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #210 on: February 10, 2024, 10:17:57 am »
That is so sad, RIP young Rhys.  :(
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #211 on: February 10, 2024, 12:04:12 pm »
RIP

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #212 on: May 10, 2024, 02:36:04 pm »
R.I.P Alan wherever you are.

Miss you like fuck lad.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: May 10, 2024, 02:39:03 pm »
I'll never forget all them PMs when it happened . I was in France and had to wait for three days for my flight from Bergerac. Thanks to all of you ♡

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 10, 2024, 05:03:12 pm »
I'll never forget all them PMs when it happened . I was in France and had to wait for three days for my flight from Bergerac. Thanks to all of you ♡

I remember it well mate but wow how time has flown 😳

RIP Alan

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #215 on: May 10, 2024, 05:10:52 pm »
♥️ RIP Alan ♥️
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 10, 2024, 07:15:09 pm »
Thanks ♡

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: May 10, 2024, 07:19:27 pm »
Not been in here for a while

Didnt know that was your banner Kesey

RIP
Alan and young Rhys
YNWA
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: May 10, 2024, 07:46:00 pm »
RIP Alan.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #219 on: May 10, 2024, 08:40:21 pm »
RIP Kopite

Scouse Power
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 10, 2024, 09:48:43 pm »
Not been in here for a while

Didnt know that was your banner Kesey

RIP
Alan and young Rhys
YNWA

What banner ? Our kids banner wasn't my shout it was his Son's and his mates .

Thanks for the posts everyone .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #221 on: May 11, 2024, 01:03:08 am »
RIP :(
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline kesey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 11, 2024, 01:56:21 pm »
RIP :(

Thanks Andy .

Iam just glad it's over for another year .

- The Upanishads.

- Rumi