Author Topic: The 2019 Formula One Thread  (Read 140985 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Re: The 2019 Formula One Thread
« Reply #2160 on: July 28, 2019, 04:27:12 pm »
I don't want to see anyone say F1 is boring for at least a week.

Great race

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2161 on: July 28, 2019, 04:29:17 pm »
ghastly is doing worse than kvyat did in the red bull. kvyat didn't get binned because he wasn't fast, but because he was erratic.

gasly's just too slow

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2162 on: July 28, 2019, 04:29:43 pm »
I don't want to see anyone say F1 is boring for at least a week.

Great race

Hungary will kill that attitude pretty quickly.   ;D

But yeah, great race.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2163 on: July 28, 2019, 04:34:50 pm »
It seems like Mercedes have the same issue as before - good in clean air, but terrible when following another car.
Great race for all who finished on the podium.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2164 on: July 28, 2019, 04:37:01 pm »
It seems like Mercedes have the same issue as before - good in clean air, but terrible when following another car.
Great race for all who finished on the podium.

This fits in with why Bottas found it impossible to pass Stroll.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2165 on: July 28, 2019, 04:39:21 pm »

Suspect that's more of a Bottas problem than a Mercedes problem.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #2166 on: July 28, 2019, 04:40:32 pm »

Not only, Lewis was flying while leading, but couldn't do anything in the traffic.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2167 on: July 28, 2019, 04:42:22 pm »
Suspect that's more of a Bottas problem than a Mercedes problem.

Exactly.  We've seen Mercs follow and pass other cars easily enough on occasions this season.  Silly narrative.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2168 on: July 28, 2019, 05:43:20 pm »
Sauber might be in trouble for sending coded messages to their drivers during the formation lap.

According to Ted this is a common practice with other teams with number of words said during the formation lap lining up a setting number on the wheel

'OK Lewis, Final car is lining up' = Setting 7
'OK Lewis, The Final car is lining up now' = setting 9

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2169 on: July 28, 2019, 05:46:20 pm »
Sauber might be in trouble for sending coded messages to their drivers during the formation lap.

According to Ted this is a common practice with other teams with number of words said during the formation lap lining up a setting number on the wheel

'OK Lewis, Final car is lining up' = Setting 7
'OK Lewis, The Final car is lining up now' = setting 9
Does this come under the rule that the pit lane can’t aid the driver?
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2170 on: July 28, 2019, 05:48:11 pm »
Does this come under the rule that the pit lane can’t aid the driver?

Yes.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2171 on: July 28, 2019, 06:01:11 pm »
Yes.
I’m confused.

A couple of races ago Verstappen was complaining about a problem with his engine and the pit wall gave him advise on how to reset it. When I mentioned that I didn’t think you’re allowed to do that people said that rule had been scrapped.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2172 on: July 28, 2019, 06:02:18 pm »
I’m confused.

A couple of races ago Verstappen was complaining about a problem with his engine and the pit wall gave him advise on how to reset it. When I mentioned that I didn’t think you’re allowed to do that people said that rule had been scrapped.

It wasn’t scrapped, Red Bull just got an unreported team fine
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2173 on: July 28, 2019, 06:05:33 pm »
No further action with Hamilton with regards to slow driving under the safety car

I’m confused.

They are really picky with the starts. Drivers need to find their clutch bite points themselves and have all their settings dialled in without outside help

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2174 on: July 28, 2019, 06:08:05 pm »
It wasn’t scrapped, Red Bull just got an unreported team fine
Out of that bizarre race, this is still one of the strangest things.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2175 on: July 28, 2019, 07:04:53 pm »
They’re just trying to make things interesting I guess

Little did they know the weather and Mercedes were able to do that themselves!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #2176 on: July 28, 2019, 08:17:33 pm »
The Alfa Romeos both got 30 second time penalties which means Hamilton extends his lead in the Driver's Championship and Robert Kubica picks up a point for Williams. Great stuff.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #2177 on: July 28, 2019, 08:25:24 pm »
The Alfa Romeos both got 30 second time penalties which means Hamilton extends his lead in the Driver's Championship and Robert Kubica picks up a point for Williams. Great stuff.
Bad day for Hamilton......

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2178 on: July 28, 2019, 08:31:19 pm »
:lmao

That’s quite the stroke of good fortune...

Mind you, to be fair to Hamilton, he looked rough at the end of the race, really didn’t look well at all.  When your life is potentially on the line it takes guts for these guys to go out and drive in those conditions.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2179 on: July 28, 2019, 09:21:34 pm »
That race was nuts

Mercedes had a disaster.

That's mad about Alfa Romeo. A point for kubica. Nice
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2180 on: July 28, 2019, 09:25:53 pm »

Mind you, to be fair to Hamilton, he looked rough at the end of the race, really didn’t look well at all.  When your life is potentially on the line it takes guts for these guys to go out and drive in those conditions.

He won’t be too pissed, it was just one of them mad races. Like Panis winning in Monaco. When everything was equal in the wet at the start he was absolutely slaughtering the field.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2181 on: July 28, 2019, 10:08:03 pm »
Bonkers race  ;D

Nice to see the likes of Stroll, Kvyat and Vettel in those unfamiliar positions.
Well I appreciated it  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2182 on: July 28, 2019, 11:40:21 pm »

I didn't realise he was so ill. Apparently was so close to not racing this weekend with Ocon taking his seat.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2183 on: July 28, 2019, 11:54:50 pm »
I didn't realise he was so ill. Apparently was so close to not racing this weekend with Ocon taking his seat.
He want at risk of dying form illness.. just to clarify!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2184 on: July 29, 2019, 12:28:53 am »
People being penalised hours after the event for something obscure that nobody other than hardcore fans can understand which is an arbitrary rule anyway. That'll get the neutrals engaged.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2185 on: July 29, 2019, 05:34:55 pm »
Something missed from yesterdays race

https://gfycat.com/genuineignorantiaerismetalmark

Red Bull clocked the fastest ever pit stop of 1.90 seconds on Gasley. This has beaten a long standing record held by Williams of 1.92 seconds

And the record has been broken again.

https://m.imgur.com/5ZYKAKt

Red Bull with a 1.88 second pitstop on Verstappen  :o

Looks like they've found something Williams haven't in terms of pitstops

EDIT - and to put that into perspective. They did all 4 wheels in damp conditions and even had time to put on a turn of front wing in 1.88 seconds
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 05:40:13 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2186 on: July 29, 2019, 07:01:10 pm »
And the record has been broken again.

https://m.imgur.com/5ZYKAKt

Red Bull with a 1.88 second pitstop on Verstappen  :o

Looks like they've found something Williams haven't in terms of pitstops

EDIT - and to put that into perspective. They did all 4 wheels in damp conditions and even had time to put on a turn of front wing in 1.88 seconds

Be honest though, would you rather watch that, or the one where Hamilton rocks up out of nowhere and no one knows what he wants?

Best pit stop ever.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2187 on: July 29, 2019, 08:16:53 pm »
Be honest though, would you rather watch that, or the one where Hamilton rocks up out of nowhere and no one knows what he wants?

Best pit stop ever.

That one member of the pit crew who was just running back and forth picking the wrong stuff up and dropping it off was hilarious :lmao

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2188 on: July 29, 2019, 09:34:08 pm »
That one member of the pit crew who was just running back and forth picking the wrong stuff up and dropping it off was hilarious :lmao

You can keep watching it again and spotting something different. The fella on the front left tyre who takes it off, stands around looking confused for a bit, runs back into the garage, runs out, puts the same tyre back on again, then takes it off again and finally puts the fresh one on. Marvellous.

If he'd pulled up and asked for a Big Mac and fries it would have caused less confusion ;D

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2189 on: July 30, 2019, 12:28:21 am »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2190 on: July 30, 2019, 08:12:52 am »
One of the Renault trucks ended up in a ditch off the motorway.  The driver was hurt but not seriously
W

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2191 on: July 30, 2019, 12:36:15 pm »
You can keep watching it again and spotting something different. The fella on the front left tyre who takes it off, stands around looking confused for a bit, runs back into the garage, runs out, puts the same tyre back on again, then takes it off again and finally puts the fresh one on. Marvellous.

If he'd pulled up and asked for a Big Mac and fries it would have caused less confusion ;D

:lmao Just needs some Benny Hill music and it's there.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2192 on: July 30, 2019, 12:44:09 pm »
https://twitter.com/f1visualized/status/1155720817331900416?s=09

This is cool

Better viewing than most races to be honest.  Seriously though, quite an interesting perspective and a useful analytical tool to 'cut through the noise' of all of the action during the race.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2193 on: July 30, 2019, 12:51:47 pm »

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2194 on: July 30, 2019, 12:53:52 pm »
Already done

https://twitter.com/RichKJr/status/1155898398589018114?s=08

:lmao Hahaha, but of course.  The bloody internet, eh!  Cheers. 

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2195 on: July 30, 2019, 05:07:32 pm »
Benny hill music makes everything

Was in bits watching that

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2196 on: July 30, 2019, 08:37:28 pm »
It'd be somewhat amusing if merc sponsored the race, made a thing of this anniversary and had a special livery and didn't win.

It was something special.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2197 on: July 30, 2019, 09:25:24 pm »
It was something special.

Throw in the fact that they agreed to be a part of the Netflix docu series that weekend as well

Offline RacerX34

• Kopite
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2198 on: July 31, 2019, 10:16:37 am »
Throw in the fact that they agreed to be a part of the Netflix docu series that weekend as well

That episode will be interesting.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2199 on: July 31, 2019, 12:48:25 pm »
Hungary