Author Topic: Pedro (Chirivella)  (Read 38634 times)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Vote Pedro (Chirivella)
« Reply #200 on: February 4, 2020, 11:08:07 pm »
We really don't. The guy needs to be playing every week at his age. Letting him go is the right thing to do.

Was class tonight though.

He can sign a new contract and we can loan him out. That not a possibility?

He's up there with Jones, Elliott and Williams for me

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 4, 2020, 11:11:37 pm »
He can sign a new contract and we can loan him out. That not a possibility?

He's up there with Jones, Elliott and Williams for me

He's 23 in a couple of months, the others are under 20. What if he signs a new contract and no one suitable wants him on loan? Or what if he doesn't get the game time on loan (as many clubs favour non-loan players)? He will just be wasting more years of his career.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 4, 2020, 11:15:37 pm »
Pedro, Pedro, Pedro... what a player he is turning out to me.

His contract is up at the end of the season. We need to get him to sign a new contract ASAP.

I’d love to see him sign a new contract and go out on loan like Grujic to a major club, and really see if he can impose himself on a team for a season. These performances in the cups this year have really given him the platform to shine. Excellent player
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 4, 2020, 11:39:56 pm »
He's 23 in a couple of months, the others are under 20. What if he signs a new contract and no one suitable wants him on loan? Or what if he doesn't get the game time on loan (as many clubs favour non-loan players)? He will just be wasting more years of his career.

Clubs would be wanting him on loan mate. We have to remember Lallana more than likely going, Gini not signed a new contract as yet, Milner not getting younger. If he signed a 5 year contract then in 2 years he could be a permanent figure in the squad for sure.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 4, 2020, 11:42:05 pm »
Always liked him as a player, glad to see him playing in a red shirt again.
Justice for the 96!

Offline Cu Chulainn

• "It's Peanut Butter Fascist Time!" (thinkaboutit). greedy, stupid, selfish capitalist pig who hates the poor and wants to euthanise the disabled.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 4, 2020, 11:47:07 pm »
Clubs would be wanting him on loan mate. We have to remember Lallana more than likely going, Gini not signed a new contract as yet, Milner not getting younger. If he signed a 5 year contract then in 2 years he could be a permanent figure in the squad for sure.
That's a big gamble on his part, though, mate. He does look quality but he will be 23 in a few months and will probably be thinking about finding a club where he can establish himself. And there's talent there, no doubt, so it could be in the Premier League. He would probably be Everton's best midfielder. ;D

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 5, 2020, 12:28:28 am »
Pedro, Pedro, Pedro... what a player he is turning out to me.

His contract is up at the end of the season. We need to get him to sign a new contract ASAP.

Nah. Classy little player that deserves to be playing week in and week out at a smaller club in La Liga or Serie A. He’d be an idiot to sign a new contract with us.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #207 on: February 5, 2020, 12:34:16 am »
I'm with Fordy here, selfishly we should be doing all we can to get him to sign a new contract. Always had the ability but now seems to have the engine to go with it. There's a player for us in there.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: February 5, 2020, 12:51:54 am »
I'm with Fordy here, selfishly we should be doing all we can to get him to sign a new contract. Always had the ability but now seems to have the engine to go with it. There's a player for us in there.

100% mate he's a late bloomer so to speak. Always had the talent but now kicking on.

Think we have to be selfish here. Give him a new contract then take it from there.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 5, 2020, 01:04:22 am »
we should keep him if he is interested...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #210 on: February 5, 2020, 03:03:09 am »
He's a very decent, handy player. But based on his involvement in the senior team and age there is very, very little hope that he'll ever be a regular, even on the margins of the senior squad.

Unless we have a plan for him to ultimately play, we should support him to go somewhere where he can develop and grow.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 5, 2020, 03:05:50 am »
Give him a new contract, and sell him. He's got no future here

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #212 on: February 5, 2020, 03:14:39 am »
That's a big gamble on his part, though, mate. He does look quality but he will be 23 in a few months and will probably be thinking about finding a club where he can establish himself. And there's talent there, no doubt, so it could be in the Premier League. He would probably be Everton's best midfielder. ;D

He's a good player but I do think he'll find it difficult, atleast for a while to break into our first team in its current state. I think he'll be an excellent signing for a club like Lazio, where he could be their main man in midfield and take the mantle for Lucas. Regardless, whoever gets him will get a very good player.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #213 on: February 5, 2020, 03:19:13 am »

I don't think it's worth the amount we'd get for him to impose a price that might limit the options he has at this stage though. 5-10m, which is the least we'd want for him, is going to make a difference for a lot of less wealthy clubs that might take a punt but have limited resources to go around. That 5-10m won't make a difference for us, but it could make a big difference to his career.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: February 5, 2020, 05:29:59 am »
I reckon he could start for many Europa league level teams in Italy or Spain. Reminds me of a deep lying Luis Alberto. His vision and passing is seriously on-point. I don't think he is dynamic and robust enough to play that Fabinho role in our first team at this stage. There is just too much competition.

Offline suede lady

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: February 5, 2020, 08:06:27 am »
How would he compared to Gruijc in the battle for midfield spots? Granted, Pedro plays further back, and is a lot smaller, is that what will hinder him in Liverpool?

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #216 on: February 5, 2020, 08:10:07 am »
I hope he will find a good club for himself, clearly has the ability to play in a decent PL team, or maybe he fancies going back to Spain.
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #217 on: February 5, 2020, 09:20:48 am »
I'd love him to stay, he's been fantastic whenever he has played in the senior side this season and he has shown he has the physicality to play in the PL. If Klopp is looking at his long term development, he might let him leave, but I would love it if we tie him down and then send him on loan to a ball playing PL club like Brighton or Southampton. He's a great little talent and there are late bloomers. Comparing players with age at this day and time when we have had loads of late bloomers like Falcao/Xavi over the years in world football is absurd. He seems grounded and he has a great future if he gets his next couple of decisions about his future right.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 09:24:03 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #218 on: February 5, 2020, 09:23:41 am »
I reckon he could start for many Europa league level teams in Italy or Spain. Reminds me of a deep lying Luis Alberto. His vision and passing is seriously on-point. I don't think he is dynamic and robust enough to play that Fabinho role in our first team at this stage. There is just too much competition.

Yes, but if he is okay with it, he could be a backup and do a serviceable job whenever Fabinho and Hendo need a rest. Hendo is approaching 30 and his minutes will have to be managed as well.

Offline Sharado

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 5, 2020, 09:50:47 am »
He's looked so good when he's played. Not quite at the right level for us perhaps but a little further down this league/la liga he'll have a very decent career. Very likeable guy too.
Football, like life, isn't about getting what you want or even deserve. It's about appreciating what you have.

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: February 5, 2020, 09:53:06 am »
Always found it strange that after a pretty decent 18 months in Holland he ended up back in the U23s. I know he turned down the opportunity to move to Rosenberg, but I thought a La Liga or Championship club would have picked him up by now. Reckon there will be a bunch of clubs lining up to take him on a bosmon in the summer. Good for him.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #221 on: February 5, 2020, 10:02:40 am »
Too good not to be playing first team football but a bit unlucky due to our stock of midfielders.

I would say he is good enough to play first team football for Spurs.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #222 on: February 5, 2020, 10:09:39 am »
Come in and did a great job when called upon but I don't think he's up to the standard for Klopp's midfield due to his lack of physicality.  Very elegant on the the ball, though, and will be way more suited to the Italian or Spanish leagues.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #223 on: February 5, 2020, 10:17:07 am »
Too good not to be playing first team football but a bit unlucky due to our stock of midfielders.

I would say he is good enough to play first team football for Spurs.

I really like Chirivella but it's a wild shout to say he's good enough to play regular 1st team football for Spurs.

Based on a handful of performances versus Everton, Arsenal reserves, MK Dons, Villa and Shrewsbury I think it's really hard to say he's a better option than any of Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Wanayama, Dier.

Personally I'd say he'd have a chance of getting into the 23 man squads of a bottom 10 PL team. Probably play regularly for a Top 6 Championship side. Given his physique and style of play, if I was him I'd go back to Spain for regular 1st team football. Think he could excel there and be a regular in a Top 10 La Liga side. This is all on the presumption he wants to leave for 1st team football. His actual best option might be to sign a new contract with us and go out on loan for a season. Would get a decent club after this season's performances.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: February 5, 2020, 01:15:35 pm »

He should move back to Spain, will go on to have a decent career over there

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
« Reply #225 on: February 5, 2020, 01:19:19 pm »

I think he should be kept - he has (Critch) a smart football brain and can see a pass. The first team environment, good sports science, diet etc and he will grow into the physical demands side of his game

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: February 5, 2020, 01:23:25 pm »
He should move back to Spain, will go on to have a decent career over there

Only if he's homesick.

I don't see the point in him going back to Spain. Only 3-4 decent clubs. Might as well sign a new contract then take a loan move

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 5, 2020, 01:32:45 pm »
He's developed massively in the past couple of seasons.  He used to look so lightweight and games passed him by but he holds his own at the ugly stuff now.

For me he's on a par with Winks at Spurs.  I don't think he'll want to stick around to be a back-up so he'll be a very good signing for somebody.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 5, 2020, 01:42:48 pm »

Doing the former would potentially fuck his future elsewhere too.

Hope he plays his way into a good move at a club that are interested in improving him long term, not just improve them on loan temporarily.

Likewise was glad we finally stopped holding Allan back this past summer.

I don't see the point in him going back to Spain. Only 3-4 decent clubs. Might as well sign a new contract then take a loan move
;D

So it would be bad to go to Spain as it limits his options, but he should sign a contract with us and pray for a nice fit loan for a maximum of a year? Bit contradictory.

If you think he needs options, then he should and will leave on a free where literally any club in the world could register an interest in him
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 01:45:11 pm by Classycara »

Online Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: February 5, 2020, 01:43:05 pm »
He'll be 23 by the time the season ends and has barely played in the past 2 years so you'd think he'd be quite keen to move somewhere he'll get regular game time. He's been here a long time already.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #230 on: February 5, 2020, 01:51:19 pm »
I really like Chirivella but it's a wild shout to say he's good enough to play regular 1st team football for Spurs.

Based on a handful of performances versus Everton, Arsenal reserves, MK Dons, Villa and Shrewsbury I think it's really hard to say he's a better option than any of Winks, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Sissoko, Wanayama, Dier.

Personally I'd say he'd have a chance of getting into the 23 man squads of a bottom 10 PL team. Probably play regularly for a Top 6 Championship side. Given his physique and style of play, if I was him I'd go back to Spain for regular 1st team football. Think he could excel there and be a regular in a Top 10 La Liga side. This is all on the presumption he wants to leave for 1st team football. His actual best option might be to sign a new contract with us and go out on loan for a season. Would get a decent club after this season's performances.

I'm a better option than Dier. :)

He's definitely PL or Championship quality, and should be playing week in and week out.  Not sure he's world-class standard that the best football club needs for its first XI, or even a regular squad place.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #231 on: February 5, 2020, 02:00:53 pm »
Winks is an interesting comparison. Way more impressed by Chirivella albeit with a much smaller sample size.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 5, 2020, 03:40:58 pm »
I'm a better option than Dier. :)

He's definitely PL or Championship quality, and should be playing week in and week out.  Not sure he's world-class standard that the best football club needs for its first XI, or even a regular squad place.

My spurs supporting friend said that Mourinho would bring back Dier into the mix because he was a winner...... I didn't know how to respond without making him angry and starting a fight.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 5, 2020, 03:54:14 pm »
Would like to see him stay and be a decent squad player but feel pretty sure he'll be heading to Lazio where Lucas can help him settle.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #234 on: February 5, 2020, 04:26:01 pm »
I don't think it's worth the amount we'd get for him to impose a price that might limit the options he has at this stage though. 5-10m, which is the least we'd want for him, is going to make a difference for a lot of less wealthy clubs that might take a punt but have limited resources to go around. That 5-10m won't make a difference for us, but it could make a big difference to his career.

We could offer him a new contract, sell him for a nominal fee with a 50 % sell-on or thereabouts.
Linudden.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #235 on: February 5, 2020, 06:38:12 pm »
With you and Fords. He's a little Gini with a mini-Hendo engine.
He's worth keeping cause he'll bloom late. Makes that little side tick over and he's the lynchpin for them in midfield.

Unless he wants regular action, then I can't fault him.
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 06:40:26 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Victor

• Legacy Fan
  • Daa Dah Daaaaaaaaaa
« Reply #236 on: February 5, 2020, 08:20:44 pm »
Sort of player that if we'd just bought him and he'd played the couple of games he has we'd be delighted and saying how at only 23 he's only going to get better ... sometimes having been here a while in the youth ranks seems to go against a player ... we should be setting him up as a replacement for one of our older players when he's hitting peak in a few years time
"There are two great teams in Liverpool.... Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves"

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: February 5, 2020, 08:35:36 pm »
I'm guessing we'll offer him a contract, but he won't sign it. And you can't really blame him, his minutes here are going to be limited even if Lallana leaves, Grujic is sold and Milner's minutes are reduced due to age, and none of those three are certainties. At 23 you need to play senior football, there are a lot of decent clubs that will offer him that and give him a nice paycheck.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: February 5, 2020, 08:48:01 pm »
Gotta love RAWK.  ;D

10 career Liverpool appearances for Chirivella in seven seasons, mainly in cup games against inferior competition, and a couple folks think he's better than Harry Winks (130 appearances and counting for a side competing in and around the top 4) and/or would play regularly in the Spurs midfield.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #239 on: February 5, 2020, 09:02:20 pm »
I don't think he'll sign another contract and expect him to move on, given his age.

Jurgens a compassionate guy, I wouldn't be surprised if behind the scenes he helped him - for Pedro's own career.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6