Author Topic: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids  (Read 195173 times)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Chelsea - schooled by Liverpool's kids
« Reply #2840 on: May 16, 2024, 07:44:41 am »
Pretty decent run of form for them. Up to 6th now
Not beaten anyone decent in this run, and this run of form coincides playing mostly teams who been thinking about their holidays the last 6-7 weeks.

Spurs, West Ham have been in awful form lately, and then teams mid table safe from the drop, they were embarrassed by Arsenal, Everton 6-0 was a gimme as they were saving themselves for the 6 pointer next game against Forest.

We've had awful seasons where we put a running form together in Spring a few times, under Kenny when he was Caretaker, Rodgers first season, last season comes to mind, it doesn't really mean much.

They are still a team that's badly put together on paper.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 07:47:58 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #2841 on: May 16, 2024, 07:56:25 am »
I see Reece James is starting next season as he means to go on by missing the first three games :D
AHA!

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2842 on: May 16, 2024, 09:08:55 am »
Not beaten anyone decent in this run, and this run of form coincides playing mostly teams who been thinking about their holidays the last 6-7 weeks.

Spurs, West Ham have been in awful form lately, and then teams mid table safe from the drop, they were embarrassed by Arsenal, Everton 6-0 was a gimme as they were saving themselves for the 6 pointer next game against Forest.

We've had awful seasons where we put a running form together in Spring a few times, under Kenny when he was Caretaker, Rodgers first season, last season comes to mind, it doesn't really mean much.

4th in the form table since 1st January, so fair play clearly got a little bit going for them.

Been such a strange season for many teams, Brighton suffered massively and have basically had relegation form since January. Palace have picked up more points than Spurs and Man United this year.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2843 on: May 16, 2024, 09:44:33 am »
Fernandez getting injured has been great for them, much better without him. Still a shit team though.

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2844 on: May 16, 2024, 10:09:28 am »
4th in the form table since 1st January, so fair play clearly got a little bit going for them.

Been such a strange season for many teams, Brighton suffered massively and have basically had relegation form since January. Palace have picked up more points than Spurs and Man United this year.

It is one of them though where I can see with my eyes how bad they are. Since January 1st we played them twice, in both occasions they were embarrassingly bad.

When it matters to someone in the game they folded - against us, against Arsenal, against City

Offline Andar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: May 16, 2024, 10:25:11 am »

You have stated examples in where it did mean much.

The late run in 12/13 lead to a title challenge in 13/14. Late run last season lead to a title challenge this season. Same applies to the late run in 20/21.

More often than not, It is a good signal.

Chelsea have improved and look well set for a top 4 challenge. I expect them to get 4th and start setting the foundations for further progress.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2846 on: May 16, 2024, 12:18:13 pm »
I don't think they'll be close to 4th again next season. People said they would last summer and Pochettino was a smart choice as manager, it's been a huge failure given what they've spent.

Thursday/Sunday will hamper them next season and it's been a bit of a freak season from Palmer which I doubt he replicates next season. They need about six starting calibre players to change things and the decisions they make in the market are baffling.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: May 18, 2024, 09:17:17 am »
If they are smart they'd realise that Enzo is their problem
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: May 18, 2024, 11:06:22 am »
Y'all don't know what you're talking about.

If you don’t rate Fernandez your footballing opinions are suspicious
He looks fantastic when I’ve watched him and his numbers have been sensational (leads the league in progressive passing for example) for chelsea in a shit team
So you can buy in now or come back in 12 months when everyone else has caught up
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2849 on: May 18, 2024, 01:20:44 pm »
I'm a bit slow on the uptake, as I've still not caught up.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2850 on: May 18, 2024, 11:47:42 pm »

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: Yesterday at 12:45:58 pm »
Isn’t he another left footed right side attacker?

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: Today at 08:03:44 am »
Can’t believe after the season they’ve had they’ve finished 6th…seemed to lose every fucking week
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2854 on: Today at 11:52:02 am »
Can’t believe after the season they’ve had they’ve finished 6th…seemed to lose every fucking week

In fairness, Pochettino (quietly) found his 'best team' (from the dozens of players Boehly threw at him) as the season went on.

My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2855 on: Today at 11:57:53 am »
In fairness, Pochettino (quietly) found his 'best team' (from the dozens of players Boehly threw at him) as the season went on.

As soon as Enzo was out they went on a winning run. They spent £106m on a player who makes them worse.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #2856 on: Today at 11:59:49 am »
As soon as Enzo was out they went on a winning run. They spent £106m on a player who makes them worse.

Indeed.
My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2857 on: Today at 12:39:30 pm »
My boss is a big Chelsea fan and he's said for while that it's been known within the club that Fernandez and Caicedo can't really play together.  They get in each other's way and leave lots of space around them.  Apparently Pochettino was under pressure to play them both to retain their market values so he muddled through the best he could.

£200m+ on two midfielders that can't function together!

They would be daft to get rid of Pochettino but one thing that Boehly's shown is that he is very daft.