Author Topic: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 11156 times)

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #360 on: March 22, 2024, 03:22:49 pm »
Cafu - ultimate heavy metal right back. Outstanding going forward and outstanding when attack becomes defence. Physically immense with great stamina and workmanlike qualities. There is no doubts about his defensive qualities in an attacking formation, and no doubts regarding the requirement in a Klopp team for the full back to provide creativity and support the press which he would thrive on.

Perfection. Totally agree. Cheers mate  :thumbup

The Brazilian Jon Flanagan.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #361 on: March 22, 2024, 03:25:12 pm »
I don't know what's going on and why Draex has just drafted a player he already drafted in round 1  :rollseyes
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: March 22, 2024, 03:25:57 pm »
 :lmao :lmao :lmao

First time in draft history.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: March 22, 2024, 03:26:01 pm »
I don't know what's going on and why Draex has just drafted a player he already drafted in round 1  :rollseyes
he changed his initial one to Rush i think

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #364 on: March 22, 2024, 03:28:22 pm »
he changed his initial one to Rush i think

Category choices are final. Says so in the selection thread. Always been this way in these drafts.

Rules:

- You can only pick one player from each category and you must name the category when picking. No changes allowed.

- 2 hours per pick dropping down to 1 hour if you're really slow.

- Draft hours are 9am - 11pm GMT (but you can pick outside of these if it's your turn and you're about)

- PM the next drafter after you pick on pain of death.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: March 22, 2024, 03:29:15 pm »
Ah sorry it's because you said my Tv Advert wasn't allowed.

Imagine 2 Kennys though.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: March 22, 2024, 03:29:30 pm »
Yeah think he did a sneaky one there

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #367 on: March 22, 2024, 03:30:50 pm »

I mean, we were discussing over PM and I asked if I could raise it in the discussion thread because it's a grey area IMO.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: March 22, 2024, 03:31:39 pm »

Imagine 2 Kennys though.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: March 22, 2024, 03:31:55 pm »
Ok I'll swap it back and post my Adverts, if they deemed no I'll swap Rush to #1 ok?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #370 on: March 22, 2024, 03:32:53 pm »
Ok I'll swap it back and post my Adverts, if they deemed no I'll swap Rush to #1 ok?

Hold off and we'll discuss in here first.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #371 on: March 22, 2024, 03:34:43 pm »
So, I've had a query from Draex about an ad featuring Ian Rush. I think it's a grey area because it's a promotion for a stand they're sponsoring at Acrington Stanley and not about the brand itself. The brand is kind of the point of this category. I'm leaning towards no, but I'm happy to hear opinions on it.

The ad in question -

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ubf-bvR7d2I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ubf-bvR7d2I</a>

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: March 22, 2024, 03:34:58 pm »
It's my mistake for not seeing the rule about swapping cats. I've posted my suggested Adverts with Rush in, the Milk one is iconic imo.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: March 22, 2024, 03:36:26 pm »

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #374 on: March 22, 2024, 03:36:34 pm »
It's my mistake for not seeing the rule about swapping cats. I've posted my suggested Adverts with Rush in, the Milk one is iconic imo.

The original is absolutely iconic, but Rush isn't in it unfortunately.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #375 on: March 22, 2024, 03:40:17 pm »

Sometimes I wonder whether you're all trying to just make me lose my mind  ;D

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: March 22, 2024, 03:41:55 pm »
Is that actually a TV advert anyway?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #377 on: March 22, 2024, 03:50:01 pm »
Is that actually a TV advert anyway?

Well, quite

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #378 on: March 22, 2024, 04:12:25 pm »
I’m having a shocker, didn’t occur to me Ronaldinho would be as lauded as others on the banned list. Fabinho it is. Midfield is going to be big and powerful with him and Vieira in there.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #379 on: March 22, 2024, 04:39:23 pm »
I’m having a shocker, didn’t occur to me Ronaldinho would be as lauded as others on the banned list. Fabinho it is. Midfield is going to be big and powerful with him and Vieira in there.

He's very popular in these. Regular round 1 pick in all-time drafts. The ban list was based on how often these players were picked early with a few omissions so not to lose the big guys from certain categories. Anyway, good pick  :thumbup

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #380 on: March 22, 2024, 05:02:14 pm »
Ummm Ronaldinho is on the ban list, mate  :-X

For the record, I think Lahm and Kimmich have about the same 'natural' hair colour, which is light brown. But I think Lahm used highlights in his hair at certain stages in his career. So Lahm's hair does occasionally appear more blond. That's ultimately why he was allowed to stay. I originally was against it though, but others argued for him so that's why he's in. If others want to argue for Kimmich then we can discuss his hair too. The things we do for drafting, eh  ;D

Sorry, missed the discussion about Lahm's hair. No way is that blonde. Strawberry at best but blonde? Nah. Is it a natural blonde stipulation? If so, isn't Kroos a bit suspect, too? Hope you're feeling better, BB?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #381 on: March 22, 2024, 05:14:51 pm »
Sorry, missed the discussion about Lahm's hair. No way is that blonde. Strawberry at best but blonde? Nah. Is it a natural blonde stipulation? If so, isn't Kroos a bit suspect, too? Hope you're feeling better, BB?

No, not natural. We decided on bleached hair being okay. Lahm is definitely on the line, but many people argued he was blond at the time so his highlighted hair is the benchmark now. It's a low bar, so that keep Kroos and a few others safe. Possibly Kimmich could have been argued for too, but I think we have to say no to him permanently as Surfer was denied him a few rounds ago.

Getting there, mate. Definitely better than yesterday. The draft is a nice distraction anyway  :)

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: March 22, 2024, 05:44:31 pm »
Is it red1977's turn? Was he pmed.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #383 on: March 22, 2024, 07:11:52 pm »
Hope I passed the Klopp "Heavy Metal" test. Think he's the one of the closest players available to what Klopp looks for in CBs  :)

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #384 on: March 22, 2024, 07:15:35 pm »
I’m certain that someone else picked Desailly as a Sacchi pick?

He falls into that category of ‘hard to classify’ as a Klopp player. I don’t hate it, it works.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #385 on: March 22, 2024, 07:16:14 pm »
Wait until you see mine ;D
Y.N.W.A.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #386 on: March 22, 2024, 07:39:36 pm »
I’m certain that someone else picked Desailly as a Sacchi pick?

He falls into that category of ‘hard to classify’ as a Klopp player. I don’t hate it, it works.

Not that I can see? Honestly I'm surprised he was still available.

For me he's exactly his type of player. I'm not comparing him to Van Dijk though. Konate is far closer in style. I went deep dive comparing clips of them both before picking. Both know how to use their body strength to ease players off the ball, both dominant in the air, both often go to ground and use sliding tackles to dispossess opponents. Van Dijk stays on his feet far more and anticipates better. Desailly shares some of the same leadership skills with him, but he's not a very similar defender. Although Desailly also played in midfield in his career, so he does have the ability to come out of defence and make forward runs like VVD.

These were the videos I was comparing if you're interested -

Desailly: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pw12gNhDDuY 
Konate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5SScOz_big

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #387 on: March 22, 2024, 07:42:15 pm »
Love the Totti pick by the way CIT. I might have gone with this celebration though  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lASO5G08kRw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lASO5G08kRw</a>

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: March 22, 2024, 07:42:26 pm »
I picked him when Nesta got challenged!

Let me know if I need Rush as cat 1 or 9, no problem either way.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #389 on: March 22, 2024, 07:47:13 pm »
I picked him when Nesta got challenged!

Let me know if I need Rush as cat 1 or 9, no problem either way.

Didn't even spot that! I was probably too busy looking at Lahm's hair.

I would say 1. But I was waiting to see if anyone else chipped into the ad discussion. Only Robbie did so far

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: March 22, 2024, 07:52:46 pm »
Love the Totti pick by the way CIT. I might have gone with this celebration though  :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lASO5G08kRw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lASO5G08kRw</a>
Totti's got a few memorable ones: the one you posted, the 6 UNICA message for his wife, the selfie, the 4 fingers shown to Tudor during a 4-0 win vs Juve and of course him sucking his thumb, the boring one he used the most though.

We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #391 on: March 22, 2024, 08:07:17 pm »
Very slow this today.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #392 on: March 22, 2024, 08:10:14 pm »
Picked and Pm'd - Surely nobody can dispute Kante as a Klopp type player

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: March 22, 2024, 08:12:43 pm »
Had Desailly lined up as my Sacchi pick, thought he was going to slip through to me after eagerly waiting my turn  ;D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #394 on: March 22, 2024, 08:16:46 pm »
Picked and Pm'd - Surely nobody can dispute Kante as a Klopp type player

Absolutely! One of the first guys I put on my list for that category. Great pick!

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: March 22, 2024, 08:19:02 pm »
Totti's got a few memorable ones: the one you posted, the 6 UNICA message for his wife, the selfie, the 4 fingers shown to Tudor during a 4-0 win vs Juve and of course him sucking his thumb, the boring one he used the most though.

Nice one, that is one iconic celebration. Here it is from a different angle.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #396 on: March 22, 2024, 08:19:06 pm »
Had Desailly lined up as my Sacchi pick, thought he was going to slip through to me after eagerly waiting my turn  ;D

I know that pain mate. Sorry to deprive you of him. Almost picked him last round and thought no chance he’d come back round to me, so couldn’t say no twice.

Offline Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: March 22, 2024, 08:20:25 pm »
I know that pain mate. Sorry to deprive you of him. Almost picked him last round and thought no chance he’d come back round to me, so couldn’t say no twice.
One of the negatives of being at the bottom of the snake list, it just took an age to come back around. Great pick though.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #398 on: March 22, 2024, 08:45:00 pm »
Gullit was picked in round 1, Surfer! Would be a hell of a pick though  ;)

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: March 22, 2024, 08:54:55 pm »
Ah ok, changed to a player for another position.