Author Topic: Jarell Quansah  (Read 112724 times)

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jarell Quansah
« Reply #1040 on: April 7, 2024, 05:41:49 pm »
Piss poor mistake under absolutely zero pressure, unfortunately for us. He did well rest of the game showing his mental strength.

Offline BTGH

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1041 on: April 7, 2024, 05:42:51 pm »
It was just a poor pass. Simple.

No excuses

It's a serious lack of concentration at a time when we were leading.  He received the ball without any opposition in front of him, he decided to turn backwards,  and instead of passing to Kelleher, he decided to make a blind pass across the pitch which was intercepted by Fernandes

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1042 on: April 7, 2024, 05:43:39 pm »
No. He doesn’t. Konate just isn’t robust enough to play 2 games in quick succession. Given that you need to rest him until you need him. Away at Utd is a game you need him.

Do you think Klopp is aware that  Konate can't play 2 games in quick succession? Seeing as Klopp played him in both thursdays fixtures before sunday games at old trafford, thursday fixtures incl home games against sheffield utd and protecting a 5 -1 lead over sparta

Offline Buster Gonad

• Kopite
« Reply #1043 on: April 7, 2024, 05:44:06 pm »
Young defenders make mistakes.  Shit happens. We blew it at Old Trafford again.
He'll be some player for us.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1044 on: April 7, 2024, 05:44:26 pm »
Big mistake, it happens.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #1045 on: April 7, 2024, 05:45:03 pm »
You say that but our XG was 1.56 or something after the end of the first half. That’s a 1 or 2 goal half, can go either way. In the context of the game as a whole, when you concede 2 goals away from home you’re always going to struggle to win. This wasn’t simply about a poor attack. It was about very costly errors at the back too.
It's a systemic problem though, every single game we give the opposition really good chances after our strikers aren't clinical enough to be put the game to bed.

Jarell is entirely at fault for that goal but he's not the reason we didn't win today. That's down to our forwards not doing what they're supposed to. We constantly messed up 3v2's and that's not something that is sustainable.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1046 on: April 7, 2024, 05:48:00 pm »
An error is an error and he was culpable for allowing Utd back into the game. As fantastic as he has been, this is United at Old Trafford and unless Konate was not fully fit, he should have started instead of Quansah
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online BigCDump

• Legacy Fan
  • Let's Klopp Til' We Drop
« Reply #1047 on: April 7, 2024, 05:49:36 pm »
Got great mental strength. But I'm not ready to forgive him. Strikers miss big chances but defenders should NEVER feck up a league title like that.
Nineteen Six. Believe it now, baby!

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1048 on: April 7, 2024, 05:50:24 pm »
Shame that mistake cost us. Personally I’m more worried about the decision making re Konate. Why would you play him Thursday given today? Just so weird.
His mistake cost us no more than the mistakes in their box.

He recovered really well.

Every defender makes mistakes, what matters is how you come back
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1049 on: April 7, 2024, 05:52:03 pm »
Dreadful error but really no more significant than the chances our front 3 conspired to fluff.

Recovered superbly afterwards. If anything, it probably confirms that he is going to be hanging around for the long haul.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: April 7, 2024, 05:52:34 pm »
He’s done that a few times in the past and got away with it but unfortunately not today.

He seems to have the laid back vibe as VVD but doesn’t have his ability or experience to pull that off yet.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1051 on: April 7, 2024, 05:52:56 pm »
His mistake cost us no more than the mistakes in their box.

He recovered really well.

Every defender makes mistakes, what matters is how you come back
His loose long pass in the last minute almost led to a goal. That's the impact of inexperience because it didn't need to force it as a point wasn't a disaster.

He's not ready to be starting games of this magnitude.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1052 on: April 7, 2024, 05:55:03 pm »
His loose long pass in the last minute almost led to a goal. That's the impact of inexperience because it didn't need to force it as a point wasn't a disaster.

Very harsh.  He’s been excellent for us.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #1053 on: April 7, 2024, 05:56:43 pm »
Got great mental strength. But I'm not ready to forgive him. Strikers miss big chances but defenders should NEVER feck up a league title like that.

The forwards fecked up a league title even more by having numerous good and clear cut chances without taking them. It's very easy to blame an error like Quansah's but the forwards did not do their jobs today.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: April 7, 2024, 05:57:17 pm »
Very harsh.  He’s been excellent for us.
I'm not knocking the lad but inexperience cost us today and he has to do better to start massive games.

This is the hardest game for any Liverpool players and I felt he lost composure any time they crowd was up. At the start of the game he also made a bad pass that could have led to a goal.

I love seeing young lads coming through but we don't have to throw them into hostile games.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2024, 05:59:07 pm by MonsLibpool »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1055 on: April 7, 2024, 05:57:51 pm »

Had Konate been fit enough to start he'd have started. The lad made one mistake but it was up front where we failed to win today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1056 on: April 7, 2024, 05:58:28 pm »
The forwards fecked up a league title even more by having numerous good and clear cut chances without taking them. It's very easy to blame an error like Quansah's but the forwards did not do their jobs today.
We’ve scored five goals at Old Trafford and haven’t won a game. We’re the leading goal scorers in Europe.  How many goals do the forwards need to score to make a game safe?

Better in game management is required.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: April 7, 2024, 05:58:38 pm »
He’s done that a few times in the past and got away with it but unfortunately not today.

He seems to have the laid back vibe as VVD but doesn’t have his ability or experience to pull that off yet.

THe whole team has a laid back vibe, at times it helps, (missing simple passes/chances, constantly giving away goal starts)  today and many others days it's cost us.  VVD is the best defender in the world, but we miss a more confrontational capt

Offline kop306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1058 on: April 7, 2024, 05:59:14 pm »
what was kelleher doing standing by the half way line ?

yes quansah mistake was bad but i have a feeling alison saves both the united games

alison massive miss is the big big games

kellerher is good backup but you need your top dogs in games against united

trent and jota were also badly missed

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #1059 on: April 7, 2024, 05:59:14 pm »
I'm not knocking the lad but inexperience cost us today and he has to do better to start massive games.

I doubt if anyone was saying that about Van Dijk and Alisson when they fucked up against Arsenal. Players make errors regardless of experience. It's how they react that counts, and I've no doubt that Jarell will react very positively. He's been boss for us all season.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: April 7, 2024, 05:59:30 pm »
Had Konate been fit enough to start he'd have started. The lad made one mistake but it was up front where we failed to win today.
He didn't only make one mistake. I've given details and I don't do scoreboard analysis but only looking at the one they scored from.

Online Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #1061 on: April 7, 2024, 05:59:41 pm »
Love him to bits, but it hurt to see that. Just a really unfortunate lapse of concentration.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1062 on: April 7, 2024, 06:00:33 pm »
He didn't only make one mistake.

And how many chances did we miss? Were you counting those as well?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: April 7, 2024, 06:00:33 pm »
Konate has a massive fuck up in his locker as well by the way.

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #1064 on: April 7, 2024, 06:01:36 pm »
We’ve scored five goals at Old Trafford and haven’t won a game. We’re the leading goal scorers in Europe.  How many goals do the forwards need to score to make a game safe?

Better in game management is required.

That's a very simplistic view. We've had long spells in both the cup game and today where we've been so much on top, it's been like a PL side vs an U21 side. Chance after chance, but miss after miss. What that does is give the opposition encouragement that they're still in the game and as we know, it only takes a second to score a goal. If our forwards had even had an average day today, it'd have been 3-0 at half time and game over. Not taking chances puts pressure on the rest of the team and you're never far away from a disaster when that happens.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1065 on: April 7, 2024, 06:02:53 pm »

Agree, but Quansah has that error in him, he gave an equally easy ball away at the start. I guess it's an aspect of his game that will improve as he gains experience. Top marks though for not letting it affect his game.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: April 7, 2024, 06:03:01 pm »
And how many chances did we miss? Were you counting those as well?
Yawn!

He made basic mistakes and eventually one got punished. This is the Quansah thread??? (the same thing in the Salah thread).

Or what is the point of having a thread dedicated to a player? So that we can talk about irrelevant things.

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
« Reply #1067 on: April 7, 2024, 06:03:14 pm »
CBs always make mistakes, especially young ones. Wish he had done it against Burnley at home, but hey ho. He should learn from it and move on, he’ll be a better player going forward.

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: April 7, 2024, 06:03:55 pm »
Feel for the guy, and sadly he will be scapegoated for a rare bad error but we can't focus on this. It's going forward in attack that is the reason we didn't win this today. Again.

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1069 on: April 7, 2024, 06:08:28 pm »
Lad shouldn't take any blame for today.

Think the forwards should be sitting in the changing room apologising to him, not the other way round!
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: April 7, 2024, 06:10:26 pm »
Lad shouldn't take any blame for today.

Think the forwards should be sitting in the changing room apologising to him, not the other way round!
It's his thread and it'll look like he's being scapegoated but that's not true. Have a look at the match thread which is a holistic view of the game.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: April 7, 2024, 06:17:53 pm »
Wasn't the best time but shit happens unfortunately. He's a tough lad, he'll get over that rare moment.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: April 7, 2024, 06:23:32 pm »
It's a systemic problem though, every single game we give the opposition really good chances after our strikers aren't clinical enough to be put the game to bed.

Jarell is entirely at fault for that goal but he's not the reason we didn't win today. That's down to our forwards not doing what they're supposed to. We constantly messed up 3v2's and that's not something that is sustainable.
100%

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: April 7, 2024, 06:25:07 pm »
did you give Virgil and Ali shit after the Arsenal game?

and why do experienced strikers get to make multiple mistakes but a young defender doesn't get any leeway?

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: April 7, 2024, 06:25:58 pm »

ah so you never watched the last MC game.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: April 7, 2024, 06:26:44 pm »
I'm logging out before I get banned.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: April 7, 2024, 06:27:23 pm »
we had 28 shots today.  they had 9.  but Q lost us the points.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: April 7, 2024, 06:28:09 pm »

This is the hardest game for any Liverpool players and I felt he lost composure any time they crowd was up. At the start of the game he also made a bad pass that could have led to a goal.

I love seeing young lads coming through but we don't have to throw them into hostile games.
could have fooled me. you're moaning here, not in the Klopp thread.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: April 7, 2024, 06:28:20 pm »
ah so you never watched the last MC game.
I did and I praised him on here.

However, a must-win game away to your biggest rivals is a tougher game, no? You can't be making basic mistakes like that but he'll learn from it.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: April 7, 2024, 06:29:00 pm »
He shouldn’t have started today, he didn’t have the easiest time in the FA Cup game either. No blame on him I think management got it wrong.