Author Topic: Luis Díaz (Luis Fernando Díaz Marulanda)  (Read 434165 times)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome Luis Diaz!
« Reply #280 on: February 1, 2022, 01:31:55 pm »
Apart from us and Spuds, were any other clubs in for him?

If not, why not?

He looks like a very decent acquisition  :lickin

How many top teams need a Wide Forward who plays off the Left mate? You could argue we needed one eventually to replace Sadio one day.   :D

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #281 on: February 1, 2022, 02:05:25 pm »
Aww, you’ve got such a lovely way with words. Beautiful that, cheers

You are a lovely fellar yourself Capon.

And I will pay 35 million etherium or whatever the currency name is for the NFT version of your Luis Diaz photoshops.

#sausages

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #282 on: February 1, 2022, 02:51:36 pm »

That's some claim!!

I'm reserving judgment. I so hope we've pulled off a transfer master stroke, but want to see him playing for us and in the Premier League before deciding whether it's a great signing or not. Its not the slam-dunk most are believing.

Oh I am going by nothing other than that they share names. Who knows if he'll end up a Suarez or Salah level player. At least we are fairly confident he'll be a great alternative and a potential 20 goals per season player.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #283 on: February 1, 2022, 02:56:04 pm »
*Ja Rule voice*

IT... MUST... BE DIAZ (THE ASS)
YNWA.

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: February 1, 2022, 03:05:21 pm »
11:30pm Argentina vs Colombia, will be an interesting watch tonight.

Don't necessarily tell you much about a player out of context of their club team/manager, but will still be fun to see.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: February 1, 2022, 04:22:49 pm »

If not, why not?

The price tag was said to be 80m euros, but then Spurs low balled and they accepted it, so we were 2nd in. People are skint!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: February 1, 2022, 04:56:06 pm »
Let's not forget, when we got Luis Suarez the other team showing an interest was also spurs.

Coincidink...I don't think.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #287 on: February 1, 2022, 04:59:38 pm »
Let's not forget, when we got Luis Suarez the other team showing an interest was also spurs.

Is this a sign that we'll win the League Cup??

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: February 1, 2022, 05:49:55 pm »

If not, why not?

Everton and Man Utd

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: February 1, 2022, 05:52:22 pm »

Great to piss on their chips once again.

They did beat us to Dempsey and Sigurddson though, so they aren't all bad ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: February 1, 2022, 06:41:27 pm »
Colombian journo

Luis Diaz is expected in Liverpool on Thursday. [@PSierraR]

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: February 1, 2022, 06:58:50 pm »
Colombian journo

no chance he even is in the squad for sunday.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: February 1, 2022, 07:06:41 pm »
Everton and Man Utd

Think he meant top clubs.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: February 1, 2022, 07:31:26 pm »

If not, why not?

Either they didn’t get the memo (we had this signing planned for the summer) or they actually were stupid enough to think he’d choose to go there

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: February 1, 2022, 09:38:29 pm »
no chance he even is in the squad for sunday.

Of course not. By then he'll be injured. :P
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: February 1, 2022, 10:02:35 pm »
Does he get the maxi song the Suarez one or something new?

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #296 on: February 1, 2022, 10:29:37 pm »

Argentina vs Colombia : Tuesday 11.30pm kick off - live on Premier Sports 2

Argentina XI: Martinez; Montiel, Pezzella, Lisandro M, Acuna; Papu Gómez, Guido R, Lo Celso; Di Maria, Lautaro, Ocampos. https://twitter.com/Argentina

Colombia XI: Vargas; Medina, Sánchez, Tesillo, Mojica; Barrios, Uribe; Cuadrado, James, Luis Díaz; Borja. https://twitter.com/FCFSeleccionCol

South American World Cup Qualifying Thread: www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345962.360

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #297 on: February 1, 2022, 10:33:53 pm »
Won't be looking good for their chances of qualification if they lose tonight.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: February 1, 2022, 10:37:47 pm »
They haven't won or socred in six games. Their coach sets them up like a Btec version of the current Mourinho.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: February 1, 2022, 11:31:25 pm »
Is this being shown on the tele? Probably on one of those random sports channels you have to subscribe to 🙄
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: February 1, 2022, 11:34:18 pm »
Is this being shown on the tele? Probably on one of those random sports channels you have to subscribe to 🙄
Premier Sports 2 in the UK.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: February 1, 2022, 11:42:41 pm »
We've been had,he's hardly touched the ball.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #302 on: February 1, 2022, 11:43:13 pm »
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: February 1, 2022, 11:45:50 pm »

https://www.livesoccertv.com/match/3828909/argentina-vs-colombia/
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: February 1, 2022, 11:47:22 pm »
Twice he's been one on one with the right back and both times the rb's had to foul him.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: February 1, 2022, 11:53:05 pm »
Twice he's been one on one with the right back and both times the rb's had to foul him.

Aye, then clearly don;t want him running in open space.   :D

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #306 on: February 2, 2022, 12:03:12 am »
Looks like Luis will have a break in November & December,  not looking good for them atm. Argentina have dominated and deserve to be ahead.

Maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and Luis has smashed in a 2nd half hattrick!
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: February 2, 2022, 12:18:52 am »
He should have had an assist there.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: February 2, 2022, 01:08:02 am »
https://streamable.com/7ds767
Thanks for that. For a lot of those goals it looks like he shot early with very little backlift, which caught a lot of the keepers flat-footed.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #309 on: February 2, 2022, 07:03:14 am »
...the closest and most significant of the latter was Luis Diaz, whom The Athletic can reveal Tottenham had a signed agreement in place with Porto for him to join. The deal was believed to be for €45 million (£37.6 million) plus €15 million (£12.5 million) in add-ons, with terms also agreed with Diaz himself.

However, Diaz being away on international duty meant that the agreement wasn’t yet signed by the time it was essentially thought to have been vetoed by his Colombian agent. The representative in question is said by sources to have objected when it became apparent that Jorge Mendes had the mandate from Porto to oversee the Tottenham move. Liverpool, who were not using Mendes as an intermediary, pounced and agreed a deal at more or less the same price. The Athletic has contacted the Colombian agent for comment.

Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, who did everything he could to pull off the deal, was raging at the turn of events. Diaz had been enthusiastic at the prospect of joining Spurs, and some believe it would have been a better move for him given the stage of his career, but ultimately, he too was seduced by the prospect of Champions League football and working with Jurgen Klopp. Sources have indicated that Barcelona were also in for the winger and prepared to pay €5 million (£4.2 million) upfront followed by €50 million (£41.8 million) in the summer.

---------------------------------

To the club’s immense frustration it emerged publicly last Tuesday that they had made a €45 million (£37.6 million) bid for Porto winger Luis Diaz. This was a deal Levy was far more invested in making happen.

And he very nearly pulled it off. By Thursday morning, there was increasing confidence a deal could be done, with Porto agreeing to the move in writing, and Diaz doing so in principle.

But this was the point at which Diaz’s agent intervened. Porto, who needed the money, were very wary of the deal being scuppered and so welcomed Liverpool’s interest. Liverpool meanwhile were delighted that Spurs had effectively negotiated the price down to a fee they were willing to pay, having baulked at Diaz’s €80 million (£66.8 million) release clause earlier in the window. One of Liverpool’s scouts in South America informed Diaz’s agent that they wanted to do the deal. Liverpool’s owners were convinced by assistant sporting director Julian Ward and his current boss — and soon to be predecessor — Michael Edwards to sign it off.

Diaz was still understood to have been keen on a move to Spurs but was excited to join up with Liverpool, and the deal was agreed.

Levy was left so furious that the cordial relations he has enjoyed with Liverpool’s owners may have been seriously damaged. Some sources close to the situation believe it could lead to a period of hostility between the two clubs.

https://theathletic.com/3104063/2022/02/02/tottenhams-transfer-window-signed-agreement-for-diaz-interest-in-dembele-and-jury-out-on-paratici/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: February 2, 2022, 07:14:25 am »
Diaz had been enthusiastic at the prospect of joining Spurs, and some believe it would have been a better move for him given the stage of his career, but ultimately, he too was seduced by the prospect of Champions League football and working with Jurgen Klopp.

That doesn't make any sense, he's 25, not 19. This is the age he's going to be making his biggest move, otherwise the chance would likely be missed.

Levy was left so furious that the cordial relations he has enjoyed with Liverpool’s owners may have been seriously damaged. Some sources close to the situation believe it could lead to a period of hostility between the two clubs.

:lmao
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #311 on: February 2, 2022, 07:18:30 am »
That doesn't make any sense, he's 25, not 19. This is the age he's going to be making his biggest move, otherwise the chance would likely be missed.

Of course, but it was written by a Spurs writer trying to save face.

Can just see him muttering "Stupid seductive Klopp!"
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: February 2, 2022, 07:20:44 am »
"Some sources close to the situation believe it could lead to a period of hostility between the two clubs."

Come on Levy, don't do something stupid mate, put your gun down.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: February 2, 2022, 07:21:43 am »

:lmao

Yeah that stuck out for me too, Spurs don't behave like a stepping stone club either, they hold players to lengthy contracts even if it's a detriment to both sides.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #314 on: February 2, 2022, 08:10:49 am »
https://streamable.com/7ds767

That's a great clip highlighting his qualities beyond shooting and dribbling.
Speaking of his shooting and dribbling, doesn't he remind you of Mahrez? Like a right footed version of him. Only offensively, mind, he seems to hustle quite a bit defensively, which this clip highlights.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: February 2, 2022, 08:29:29 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #316 on: February 2, 2022, 08:32:18 am »
So that's 6 games in a row Columbia haven't scored in, man they're grim.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: February 2, 2022, 08:56:45 am »
Yeah that stuck out for me too, Spurs don't behave like a stepping stone club either, they hold players to lengthy contracts even if it's a detriment to both sides.

Aye. If he signed a five year deal with Spurs, Levy would rather force him to see it out and leave on a free rather than let him move in three years for a sliver less than what Levy thinks he's worth, which would probably be around £120m.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #318 on: February 2, 2022, 10:19:34 am »
More plausible version of events out there than this.

"A period of hostility"? On the contrary, Levy should publicly thank us for not taking Son off their hands last year. Too good for them.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: February 2, 2022, 10:24:57 am »

https://theathletic.com/3104063/2022/02/02/tottenhams-transfer-window-signed-agreement-for-diaz-interest-in-dembele-and-jury-out-on-paratici/

I don't know why Levy is furious at Liverpool. It is an open market and we are still able to negotiate. He can fume all he wants but I'm not sure Liverpool have done anything wrong here or for that matter Porto or the player.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.