Author Topic: Curtis Jones  (Read 595374 times)

Offline Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
Re: Curtis Jones
« Reply #6320 on: Today at 05:07:10 pm »
There’s been a weird animus against him for a while though.

Maybe something to do with him being local and not in the same class as his predecessors like Fowler, Gerrard and Trent?

He’s become the poster boy for nobhead fans who need someone to blame for a bad result.

I try not to read social media but sometimes it can’t be avoided, the sheer levels of grief he gets for simply being on the field is nuts. It feels like they tend to think he gets away with being shite because he’s local. It doesn’t seem to occur to them that he isn’t shite and he isn’t doing things wrong when they micro analyse his every move. There were similar things said about Gini, Henderson and Keita when they were here.

Fans could do well to grasp what Klopp wants from his midfielders and realise just how taxing and difficult it is. It’s not a glamorous role in a Klopp side.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #6321 on: Today at 05:50:12 pm »
Was having a great season till the injurely. Has been largely ineffective since but he's not alone in that.

Curtis is well worth his place in the squad and has the capability to get better. He does have a bit of arrogance on the ball that we need to see more often.

Not sure why people are so keen to get rid as if he is on huge money taking up a non-HG spot.

If he can stay fit he'll hit the ground running next season hopefully.

He can pass, tackle and can chip in with a goal.

Not sure why he gets picked on.

Maybe if he did some step overs people would like him?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6322 on: Today at 05:58:24 pm »
Was having a great season till the injurely. Has been largely ineffective since but he's not alone in that.

Curtis is well worth his place in the squad and has the capability to get better. He does have a bit of arrogance on the ball that we need to see more often.

Not sure why people are so keen to get rid as if he is on huge money taking up a non-HG spot.

Problem is the same cycle is repeating. He'll be playing boss, key part of the team and then he's injured for a month or two. Comes back and is sluggish and shite for a while and gets stick. Then he gets his eye back in and is playing great again and then gets injured again.

He's the midfield Konate. We've really needed him to stay fit the last few seasons, had he done so then he's the Gini replacement. Gini wasn't always consistent himself, but he was consistently fit.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6323 on: Today at 06:04:01 pm »
If he can stay fit he'll hit the ground running next season hopefully.

He can pass, tackle and can chip in with a goal.

Not sure why he gets picked on.

Maybe if he did some step overs people would like him?

He's played 85 PL games. goals 7 & assists 5, hardly inspiring figures. I don't rate Jone highly as when I watch him play I have to wonder what he actually did. As a Scouser I love seeing one of our lads doing well but for me he's one of those players who is easy on the eye, has skill and confidence but achieves little. It would be great if he could elevate himself to a regular but I don't think he has the presence alone to be one.let alone his injury record averaging 37 days per season.

Offline mullyred94

• Legacy Fan
  • Darwin Nunez's lovechild
« Reply #6324 on: Today at 07:28:37 pm »
He's played 85 PL games. goals 7 & assists 5, hardly inspiring figures. I don't rate Jone highly as when I watch him play I have to wonder what he actually did. As a Scouser I love seeing one of our lads doing well but for me he's one of those players who is easy on the eye, has skill and confidence but achieves little. It would be great if he could elevate himself to a regular but I don't think he has the presence alone to be one.let alone his injury record averaging 37 days per season.

Could you expand on why you don't rate him highly?

What return would you have expected in a Klopps Liverpool from a midfielder?

Offline Sonofthewind

• Main Stander
  • Cheers like
« Reply #6325 on: Today at 08:09:39 pm »
I really like Curtis. Outside of generational players like Gerrard or Trent who you can’t exactly guarantee will come through he’s exactly the type of level the academy should be producing. Plenty good enough to be first team in a title challenging side otherwise an excellent rotational option in a squad. Players of his profile would easily go for 40-50 million. Lucky to have him.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:12:58 pm by Sonofthewind »