Author Topic: Arsenal: Top of the divers league  (Read 375519 times)

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
Its a strange one, Newcastle want Tierney but are reportedly hamstrung by FFP. Yet Chelsea are spending a billion. Nothing makes much sense right now.
Newcastle haven't had the huge sales Chelsea have had. Any sales hit profit day one but spend is spread over the contract - up to 5 years.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Horrible timing for him, just starting at a new club.  Hope he makes it back to his previous level.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Newcastle haven't had the huge sales Chelsea have had. Any sales hit profit day one but spend is spread over the contract - up to 5 years.

What about last season’s 600m spend, over which 5 years is that spread. Surley at some stage chelsea will then need to pay 200m a year on players without signing anyone.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Confirmed now that Timber have suffered an ACL injury.

Feel for the lad and wish him a speedy recovery. For that to happen straight after joining a new club is awful.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
What about last season’s 600m spend, over which 5 years is that spread. Surley at some stage chelsea will then need to pay 200m a year on players without signing anyone.
If they can keep selling they can get round it as long as they are selling academy or players who have been there for a while. Saudi Arabia saved them a bit this year. In the end it will get harder but it is possible.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Gutted for Timber, looked superb in his few appearances , and across various positions.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
He came out after half time when he'd already picked up the injury, right?  Weird that they didn't think it was anything like an ACL when he was sent back out.  Unless he then did his ligaments in the second half because his knee was already a little wonky.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
He came out after half time when he'd already picked up the injury, right?  Weird that they didn't think it was anything like an ACL when he was sent back out.  Unless he then did his ligaments in the second half because his knee was already a little wonky.

I dont think you can play on with an ACL, he pulled up with no one next to him, maybe the first half injury  was part of it or just one of those things, he seemed well enough at the start of the second half.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
Is it me or way too many season ending injuries? Real Madrid already got 2 of them too.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan

This Dr guy explains it quite well. The Arsenal doc thought he was ok to play on, apparently if it's a partial tear it can be difficult to pick up when doing the standard knee movement tests, especially on more muscular builds.

https://twitter.com/3cbPerformance/status/1691151499085418496?s=20
« Last Edit: August 16, 2023, 07:59:30 pm by ScottishGoon »

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
I dont think you can play on with an ACL, he pulled up with no one next to him, maybe the first half injury  was part of it or just one of those things, he seemed well enough at the start of the second half.

You can play…. Some players dint bother getting them repaired, there was a lad at Rangers a few years ago…
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
A dreadful error by the club that. Sending a seriously injured player out for the second half. You'd have thought they'd want to look after their assets better than that.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
A dreadful error by the club that. Sending a seriously injured player out for the second half. You'd have thought they'd want to look after their assets better than that.
Obviously an expert in orthopedics, I'll just file that alongside your expertise in everything else.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
Confirmed now that Timber have suffered an ACL injury.
Terrible News for arsenal. Hope he fully recovers

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Terrible News for arsenal. Hope he fully recovers

Sorry to be the negative one, but imo players never fully recover from full ACL ruptures. I think of Lucas and Virgil for us.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Sorry to be the negative one, but imo players never fully recover from full ACL ruptures. I think of Lucas and Virgil for us.

Not necessarily, I remember RVN doing his before moving to man utd, ferguson still signed him a few months later and he had a great career.
Robert pires did his in 2002 and went on to be brilliant in the invincibles season. Theres been a fair few others, don’t know if its to do with age, or each case is different.

I think shearer did his when he first moved to Newcastle, and still became their highest ever scorer.
With science improvement it shouldnt be as devastating as it once was. Used to be seen as a career ender.

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1692095741374705881

> JamesGreenInUK: “Timber walked away [after his injury], he was still walking the next day, which is really rare for an ACL injury. The club are saying it’s just a tear in his ACL, there’s no further damage to his knee, it’s not as severe an ACL injury as it could’ve been.”

"just"? tear and rupture are the same thing.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2023, 10:11:34 am by Bullet500 »

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Obviously an expert in orthopedics, I'll just file that alongside your expertise in everything else.

I don't know anything about it. I was just trying to wind TNB up. But you'll do.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
Horrible timing for him, just starting at a new club.  Hope he makes it back to his previous level.

Better timing than doing it at the end of a contract than the start of a big new one, but still really awful for the lad. Brutal luck to have it in the first game.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I don't know anything about it. I was just trying to wind TNB up. But you'll do.

Using someones serious injury as a wind up is very low, just about your level.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Using someones serious injury as a wind up is very low, just about your level.

It's not that bad. He'll limp on!

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
It's not that bad. He'll limp on!
Rub some deep heat on it and he'll be right as rain.

Online Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Rub some deep heat on it and he'll be right as rain.

If Bob doesn't carry you off there's nothing wrong with you.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
I see Theo Walcott has retired today. I wonder how Arsenal fans on here rated him at his best? It still seems like he should have achieved a whole lot more in his career.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I see Theo Walcott has retired today. I wonder how Arsenal fans on here rated him at his best? It still seems like he should have achieved a whole lot more in his career.

he absolutely confounded us on the goal that Adebayor tapped in in the CL quarters? They were going crazy until only a minute later - penalty thanks to Kolo on Babel.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1692095741374705881

> JamesGreenInUK: “Timber walked away [after his injury], he was still walking the next day, which is really rare for an ACL injury. The club are saying it’s just a tear in his ACL, there’s no further damage to his knee, it’s not as severe an ACL injury as it could’ve been.”

"just"? tear and rupture are the same thing.

I guess if he is 'lucky' and he managed to tear it without any other damage at all, then he would be able to walk on it without severe pain. The immediate mobility issues usually come from ligament damage or bone fractures that come along with an ACL injury.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Bullet500

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Forever remained a prospect. :(

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Huge win. For the second week totally dominant then nearly threw it away but this time it was down to the ref not us, absolutely shocking decision that sending off.

Declan Rice absolutely immense. Bossed the midfield, what a player.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
Huge win. For the second week totally dominant then nearly threw it away but this time it was down to the ref not us, absolutely shocking decision that sending off.

You watched a different game to me. Bang average.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan

Honestly

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan

He was superb and we were totally in control. Only one winner till the ref decided to be the star.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan

A lot of your players are a bit cunty aren't they? Arteta's influence is telling.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
A lot of your players are a bit cunty aren't they? Arteta's influence is telling.

No one likes a team that wins most weeks.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

I think it's a good win. Watched the last 15, Arsenal held out quite comfortably. All credit to exaggerated celebrations all around but that's Arteta's little pantomime. 3 points is all that mattered.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
I think it's a good win. Watched the last 15, Arsenal held out quite comfortably. All credit to exaggerated celebrations all around but that's Arteta's little pantomime. 3 points is all that mattered.

I dont think it was comfortable, i watched it from behind the sofa, still its all about the 3 points as you say. City dont look like theyll drop many so we need to win every week just to stay in the hunt.

Roys first home defeat since he came back, not an easy place to go.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
He was superb and we were totally in control. Only one winner till the ref decided to be the star.
really only created two very good chances I thought both for Nketiah and struggled down a man to find a way to relieve any pressure(till the subs right at the end). Palace created 2 decent chances down a man. I dont think a draw would have been unfair.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
Is that the worst kit in PL history?

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
really only created two very good chances I thought both for Nketiah and struggled down a man to find a way to relieve any pressure(till the subs right at the end). Palace created 2 decent chances down a man. I dont think a draw would have been unfair.

They didnt get a kick till we went down to 10. Palace at home against 10 in a night game is a recipe for trouble. We did great to hold on to the win in the end.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
Is that the worst kit in PL history?

Right up there, shocking kit.