Author Topic: The England Cricket Thread - 2024  (Read 646279 times)

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
He’s done his job really well. But with the forecast as it is, and England one down in 3 test series, you have to wonder whether, as a sheet-anchor mould of player, he has the tools to accelerate.

Maybe not but he is a solid foil to the likes of Stokes et al who are capable of getting big runs quickly as stokes is now doing
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
I hope He'll be out for about 10...

Fixed. :D

In the India series a couple of years back he made several decent scores when he came in with a good platform built. We shall see.

Stokes turning it on a bit here now.

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
Stokes turning it on a bit here now.
He’s turning me on with some of his strokes, to be honest. Woof.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You can tell Chase isn’t used to turning the ball as he’s bowling completely the wrong line.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
This is great fun now. Love it when stokes decides it's time
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Note to self: Sibley is not able to tee off like Ben Stokes ;D

Great innings though, 120
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Fantastic innings, good to see him being selfless and playing for the team too!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Jim Laker running through us again. :D

Always happens after a long stand. Welshy’s perked up now...

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
They really haven`t used their reviews too well have they

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Piss poor review - all gone. Might have hit middle of another set🥴
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Would have been interesting if it had been hitting the wickets, because it didn’t look like any part of his foot was behind the line on that replay
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Would have been interesting if it had been hitting the wickets, because it didn’t look like any part of his foot was behind the line on that replay

I presume he said it was a fair delivery? Normally if it’s a no ball they don’t go as far as Hawkeye do they?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I presume he said it was a fair delivery? Normally if it’s a no ball they don’t go as far as Hawkeye do they?

No they wouldn't have. He was just behind the line.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
391/5

we might actually break 400 for a change here ya know.

so it's obviously now 395/7
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 04:32:02 pm by voodoo ray »

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Buttler looks very good when facing slow full tosses. He just needs to find a way of making everyone bowl those at him.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
391/5

we might actually break 400 for a change here ya know.

Well.....

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
nice to see us back to resorting to type.

Offline Qston

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
I think the pitch really does demonstrate just how good an innings it was by stokes and sibley. This is not the easiest of batting wickets at all.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
nothing against roston chase as a human being but I'd love to see someone just belt him out of the attack.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
Middle order calypso - who’dhave thunk?
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Feel like they are just hitting out now though, probably feel this is a high enough score and want to get some bowling in today, with possible rain coming tomorrow.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Some of them have been a bit lax, but they are definitely just trying to score quickly even at the expense of wickets, so not something to make a big deal about.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Feel like they are just hitting out now though, probably feel this is a high enough score and want to get some bowling in today, with possible rain coming tomorrow.

Buttler didn't really hit out, more like gave them a bit of catching practice after ambling to 40. Not what we needed.

Offline Joseph-Immanuel Queen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Buttler didn't really hit out, more like gave them a bit of catching practice after ambling to 40. Not what we needed.
I'm not sure you can strike at much more than 50 on this pitch. Felt he was trying to get a move on and did a fairly good job.

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64

Indeed. I like the bloke, and in the limited over format he’s worth his place. But just how many chances at test level has he had without ever convincing?

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Why are they bowling a spinner at broad? Have they not seen him bat before?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why are they bowling a spinner at broad? Have they not seen him bat before?
I think all their quicks are either injured or knackered.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

English batsmen should answer to the nickname "Klondike", with all the goldens out there.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
I'm not sure you can strike at much more than 50 on this pitch. Felt he was trying to get a move on and did a fairly good job.

Bess is doing alright at it, so did Stokes when he let go. Buttler just dithered then gave the fielder a bit of catching practice.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Good declaration that. Gives them about an hour at them tonight and they all look knackered.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Gabriel is good entertainment to watch. He's earned a nice sit down.

Good stuff from Bess at the end, nice to see someone smack chase around a little bit.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Bess is doing alright at it, so did Stokes when he let go. Buttler just dithered then gave the fielder a bit of catching practice.

Yeah, he's made me look a bit foolish there.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
karate kid broad opening the bowling here.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
I think it must be in Nasser's contract that he has to mention French cricket at least once per test match.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Boom, Curran gets one.

Good review

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Boom, Curran gets one.

Good review
Was screaming at them to review that, looked plumb!

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Strange seeing the Chewits stand empty?  :o

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
I wondered if he'd hit it from the sound. As soon as it showed he hadn't he was stone dead.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
So Curran gets a wicket....or was it Broad?  :-\

Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
So Curran gets a wicket....or was it Broad?  :-\

Might have been these two.