Author Topic: Naby Keita Watch  (Read 1896415 times)

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
Re: Naby Keita Watch
« Reply #9640 on: February 11, 2021, 02:11:32 pm »
Keita is amazing and the best thing about him is he gets the pressing. He is probably even better than Wijnaldum at pressing and better than Milner, Jones and Thiago.

There's a tendency for players to get better in people's minds when they are out injured and the team is struggling.

However, I do think Keita is in or pushing to be in the starting XI when everyone is fit. With Fabinho and Henderson playing centre back at the moment, he'd currently walk into our midfield and start most weeks if fit. The most obvious issue is keeping him fit. Whilst I think overall he's been slightly underwhelming compared to the RBL days, it's not hard to see the qualities he can bring when fit. If we could get a good run of games from him frowned of Feb to end of the season then I think it'd be a huge boost.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9641 on: February 11, 2021, 04:06:42 pm »
Well he has time on his hand to make an impact as he needs to be producing the best we have seen from him week in week out to become one of the midfield starters. If he can produce consistent form & fitness in the next three months then he could feature in our primary plans for next season. To avoid the same issues we had with Matip this season plus Gini will be leaving means Klopp will be looking to bring two midfielders into the mix for next year as Ox also has ?? hanging over his head. We need 4 or 5 experienced fit central midfielders for the system and right now we are straining to fill the numbers.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9642 on: February 11, 2021, 05:10:06 pm »
There's a tendency for players to get better in people's minds when they are out injured and the team is struggling.

However, I do think Keita is in or pushing to be in the starting XI when everyone is fit. With Fabinho and Henderson playing centre back at the moment, he'd currently walk into our midfield and start most weeks if fit. The most obvious issue is keeping him fit. Whilst I think overall he's been slightly underwhelming compared to the RBL days, it's not hard to see the qualities he can bring when fit. If we could get a good run of games from him frowned of Feb to end of the season then I think it'd be a huge boost.

Dont get me wrong, he still needs to prove more. His fitness record is awful and he needs to show more when we really need him, to make the difference. But seeing Wijnaldum, Jones and Thiago together where it didnt work, someone like Keita is the opposite and he totally gets our pressing.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #9643 on: February 11, 2021, 05:41:36 pm »
Keita is probably the only midfielder we have who is prepared to make those runs in behind and break the oppo's lines as well. Which is something we've badly missed recently. Shame he's made of poppadoms.

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9644 on: February 11, 2021, 07:46:06 pm »
Keita is probably the only midfielder we have who is prepared to make those runs in behind and break the oppo's lines as well. Which is something we've badly missed recently. Shame he's made of poppadoms.
Hendo sometimes does that too. But he's either been injured as well or played in defense.

Keita is the most apt midfielder for dribbling forward though, no contest.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #9645 on: February 11, 2021, 07:51:58 pm »
His latest injury didn’t seem a big deal but there’s no sign of him returning. I guess they are giving him time to fully get over it. However I’m starting to think that this will be a recurring theme.
#JFT97

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9646 on: February 11, 2021, 08:19:06 pm »

It was interesting watching what Carra had to say about Gundogan.  We could do with a bit of that.  Midfielders looking to get beyond the forwards and into the box.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9647 on: February 11, 2021, 08:26:43 pm »

To be honest, I've known a few poppadoms harder than our Naby lad. Still, none of them were any good at football.  :D So give him the benefit of time I guess, especially now that they're allowing him to recover fully. 

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9648 on: February 11, 2021, 08:43:38 pm »

Its a pity we have not freed Gini more often to get into the box, likewise with Henderson as all you need is runs / bodies in the danger area to cause a backline to strain & break. With the full backs out wide firing in the crosses the likes of Gini & Henderson are a threat as Firmino is slow to get in there sometimes due to the lack of confidence. Naby has the potential for the one - twos to break the lines but the overall goals & assists output from him is lacking as you want an attacking CM getting close to 15 goals / assists combined surely. Jones has potential to easily beat Keitas best numbers by just coming off the bench. 
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #9649 on: February 15, 2021, 02:04:25 pm »
Quite an in depth question and answer about Naby in the press conference (in German). Anyone have the translation?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9650 on: February 15, 2021, 02:12:35 pm »
Apparently Keita started training yesterday, which is great news. Not gone to Budapest though, would be great to see him involved against the bitters.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9651 on: February 15, 2021, 04:12:12 pm »
“Naby is no longer injured but he’s not fit yet,” said Jürgen Klopp at his pre-match press conference when asked for his assessment of Keita’s time with the Reds and an update on his condition.

“He was in training yesterday but it’s not sufficient yet. We will be away for two days and he will be in training; it’s better than flying with us. Of course Naby would have liked to be there when it’s against Leipzig.

“He has had some very great spells but obviously you have to say he has had too many injuries as well, which hasn’t helped a lot. But he has played some really great games for us and scored important goals, has contributed to our success last year; he was always involved despite the injuries.

“These were unfortunate moments when you look at his injuries, it was just minor things that [ruled] him out from the team. But he has got an excellent perspective and is a great player.

“In terms of injuries, we all have to go through these difficulties and once that’s behind you, we’ll have another absolutely great player.”

Offline spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #9652 on: February 15, 2021, 04:12:55 pm »
Back in full training. Let's hope his injuries are behind him and he has an extended run in the team.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #9653 on: February 15, 2021, 04:24:12 pm »
Coming back to face Everton would be tempting fate a wee bit.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9654 on: February 15, 2021, 05:09:22 pm »
Wouldnt want him facing them yard dogs

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9655 on: February 15, 2021, 05:24:34 pm »
Coming back to face Everton would be tempting fate a wee bit.

Excellent point, maybe the Sheffield United game would be a better idea
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #9656 on: February 16, 2021, 09:57:02 am »

I'm still annoyed at Everton for the despicable fouls that pretty much ruined our season from Goodison park. I don't want any of their players injured
but own goals, penalties, handballs, let every bad piece of bad luck going afflict them in the return. Failing that, spank them 5-0 and I want to see Salah laughing in their faces.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9657 on: February 16, 2021, 10:09:50 am »

I see what you mean (and I don't think he'll start) but having him back for the run in would terrific - we don't really have a player like him and in a number of games since December, having a player who can break from midfield and past our forwards would have really helped us against the likes of West Brom and Burnley.

Plus yeah, Everton are yard dogs but I don't think they discriminate which of our players they try and break - I'm fearful for all of them on Saturday.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9658 on: February 16, 2021, 11:36:16 am »
I'm still annoyed at Everton for the despicable fouls that pretty much ruined our season from Goodison park. I don't want any of their players injured
but own goals, penalties, handballs, let every bad piece of bad luck going afflict them in the return. Failing that, spank them 5-0 and I want to see Salah laughing in their faces.
Or celebrating like this in front of Pickford.

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9659 on: February 17, 2021, 11:18:57 am »
Praying for a big impact from Keita when he's back. Him and Ox are meant to be the back up plan if the fullbacks are nullified by a low block. We've seen just how effective Keita can be at driving through the middle but only in bit parts, we've also seen this from Ox if a long time ago now. A shame both have been hindered by injury.

Offline pathetic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9660 on: February 17, 2021, 11:49:16 am »
I had very high hopes for Keita but injuries have absolutely ravaged his time here. This might sound harsh but if he doesn't have an injury free run until the end of the season, I would personally get a replacement in. Same thing applies to Ox. No use having players who are always injured/lacking impact. Much rather a lesser player who is always available.

Offline RockingReds

• Boys Pen
« Reply #9661 on: February 17, 2021, 12:09:52 pm »
I had very high hopes for Keita but injuries have absolutely ravaged his time here. This might sound harsh but if he doesn't have an injury free run until the end of the season, I would personally get a replacement in. Same thing applies to Ox. No use having players who are always injured/lacking impact. Much rather a lesser player who is always available.

Completely agree, I have slightly higher hopes for Keita as he's made more of an impact than Ox when he has played. They were clearly both bought for a similar reason and it is crazy how unlucky we've been with them both. I think one will go this summer with competition for midfield places hotting up. I'd be surprised if Klopp gave up on Naby before Ox. IMO we wont sell both without a replacement as dynamic midfielders are hard to come by especially in COVID times.

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9662 on: February 19, 2021, 01:33:49 pm »
Didn't travel to Budapest midweek so he could get more training time under his belt but, according to Klopp, he was ill so didn't train when the team was away. Reintroduced yesterday and could make the squad tomorrow, but Klopp seems to be suggesting that it could be better for him to just train than be on the bench and be an unused sub or only come on for a few minutes.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/426385-jurgen-klopp-everton-injury-update-fabinho-naby-keita

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #9663 on: February 19, 2021, 01:36:31 pm »
Injury
Ill
Fit
Repeat

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9664 on: February 19, 2021, 01:53:52 pm »
Didn't travel to Budapest midweek so he could get more training time under his belt but, according to Klopp, he was ill so didn't train when the team was away. Reintroduced yesterday and could make the squad tomorrow, but Klopp seems to be suggesting that it could be better for him to just train than be on the bench and be an unused sub or only come on for a few minutes.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/426385-jurgen-klopp-everton-injury-update-fabinho-naby-keita

If we don't need him tomorrow, it would be the best if he trains properly in the coming days, and he is ready for Sheffield (28th of February), Chelsea (4th of March), Fulham (7th of March), Leipzig (10th of March) and Wolves (15th of March), before the international break ...
« Last Edit: February 19, 2021, 06:51:13 pm by PeterTheRed »

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9665 on: February 19, 2021, 02:03:36 pm »
If we don't need him tomorrow, it would be the best if he trains properly in the coming days, and he is ready for Sheffield (28th of February), Fulham (6th of March), Leipzig (10th of March) and Wolves (13th of March), before the international break ...

which he will presumably go on....ugh

Offline mattD

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9666 on: February 19, 2021, 02:20:16 pm »
If the national side had any bloody sense, Keita included, they'd allow a proper period of recuperation to ensure injury issues are a thing of the past. They've really got to get to the bottom of this or else his career becomes footnote in the history of Liverpool.

He's such an immense talent and I pray to see a prolonged time when he's in the starting XI. He really is that good. Please god, just let him be fit for goodness sake.

Offline J_Kopite

• Is he or isn't she? Cougar toy.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9667 on: February 19, 2021, 02:21:47 pm »
If we don't need him tomorrow, it would be the best if he trains properly in the coming days, and he is ready for Sheffield (28th of February), Fulham (6th of March), Leipzig (10th of March) and Wolves (13th of March), before the international break ...

Wednesday or United?

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #9668 on: February 19, 2021, 02:32:52 pm »
If the national side had any bloody sense, Keita included, they'd allow a proper period of recuperation to ensure injury issues are a thing of the past. They've really got to get to the bottom of this or else his career becomes footnote in the history of Liverpool.

He's such an immense talent and I pray to see a prolonged time when he's in the starting XI. He really is that good. Please god, just let him be fit for goodness sake.
I can't believe such matches are even going ahead. If they insist on playing those games they should be made to choose domestic based players only. I believe I read on here that we've prevented the Brazilians and Jota from travelling for this next set of international fixtures. It'd be good if we can do that for them all (or at least the non European countries).

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9669 on: February 19, 2021, 02:35:52 pm »

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #9670 on: February 19, 2021, 09:49:21 pm »
Jurgens a patient man but I would imagine he must be at his wits end.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9671 on: February 19, 2021, 10:18:33 pm »
Jurgens a patient man but I would imagine he must be at his wits end.

he dealt with Lallana who was a lot worse.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #9672 on: February 19, 2021, 10:25:17 pm »
he dealt with Lallana who was a lot worse.

You have to be nice to your neighbours though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9673 on: February 20, 2021, 06:47:04 am »
Time is really running out for Keita.
Believer

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9674 on: February 20, 2021, 07:39:24 am »
He’ll come back, shine for a while, something, something, something. Simply not reliable enough to leave a mark at Liverpool. Good player? Great player. But what use is that?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9675 on: February 20, 2021, 01:02:55 pm »
Naby Quaver
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline JonnyCigarettes®

• Airfix salesman (rumoured to be training a secret wankfest monkey arsegravy army)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty fly for a white guy
« Reply #9676 on: February 28, 2021, 09:41:58 pm »
Injected some real quality in the last ten minutes.

I'd 100% start him against Chelsea, before he dismantles again.
Johnny Sack: 200 grand for insulting my wife. What's next, Carmine, he gets to fuck her for a million?

Carmine: He wants to fuck her?

Johnny Sack: I'm making a point.

Online Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #9677 on: February 28, 2021, 09:45:40 pm »
Naby, just stay fit for fuck sake mate

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9678 on: February 28, 2021, 09:52:05 pm »
We've missed him. He offers what Thiago does but with more forward thrust and pace. His touch and ability to beat a man are real assets.

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #9679 on: February 28, 2021, 09:54:20 pm »
Was like watching Thiago on steroids for that all too brief few minutes.

Please Naby. Just stay fit.

C'mon Naby Laaaad  :scarf